• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

If BDO is switching to a F2P model, what happens to the buy-in price?

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe free to play til lvl 50 then pay 30 to continue lmao jk idk 

Posted

They're not going to give back that $30. 

Posted

Someone lost an argument didn't they? xD

Nope, I just don't bother  arguing with you. But you don't need to worry, you have been noticed before by me, and you going on that list was just waiting to happen.

Posted

Well, when it comes F2P I hope they'll re-release Shuda (sp?) armor outfit for the ninja / kunoichi / etc.

Even if I hate P2W and intend to quit (possibly / probably / etc) this Wednesday, I'd still like for the remaining players to get nice things, and more content, even if they have to spend money to remain remotely relevant.

Posted

Do new players (post launch) get items for buying the game? I don't know what new players get.

yes they do, you can see the packages on the bdo website.

Posted (edited)

We will get compensated when it goes F2P, probably 6 months of free value packs or something, maybe pearls. 

Uhhh...I paid $60 pre release and I figure I have amortized my hourly entertainment down to about 5 CENTS per hour. I suspect you are in somewhat of a similar situation in that every hour you play the  game you're basically paying pennies. Why exactly do you think you need to be 'compensated'? Is that not cheap enough entertainment for you?

Talk about entitled...

EDIT: I take that back, I just got my 3,000 hour reward so every hour I've played I've paid TWO CENTS. Is that not close enough to 'free' for you?

Edited by Spinning Cloud
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

yes they do, you can see the packages on the bdo website.

What were the pre-order only bonuses anyway? I don't even remember.

Edited by Katsuragi
----- automatic corrections

Posted

I'm shocked by the number of people that think they'll get some kind of conpensation, this is Kakao, we're talking about, have you guys been living under a rock this past ffew days? Are you not aware of how little of a shit they give about their players?

They wont give us SHIT, MAYBE if we're lucky we'll get an official statement with something in the likes of "you got to play the game a year early, that's what you paid for and it was dilivered" or some crap like that.

Posted (edited)

What were the pre-order only bonuses anyway? I don't even remember.

No idea, I only started playing in June.

Edited by LiiLii
updated quote

Posted (edited)

Uhhh...I paid $60 pre release and I figure I have amortized my hourly entertainment down to about 5 CENTS per hour. I suspect you are in somewhat of a similar situation in that every hour you play the  game you're basically paying pennies. Why exactly do you think you need to be 'compensated'? Is that not cheap enough entertainment for you?

Talk about entitled...

EDIT: I take that back, I just got my 3,000 hour reward so every hour I've played I've paid TWO CENTS. Is that not close enough to 'free' for you?

This is just horrendus logic I can't.

I paid 100 dolla for this game, what, 6 months ago. Say they make it free now, that's okay because that 100 dolla spread over 6 months is nothing? 

I paid 50K for my car and I figure I have amortised my hourly driving experience to 2 dolla per mile, now somebody is getting the car for free, I should not be upset because I'm Spinning Cloud and I smoke some serious DOPE.

Edited by Kyungri

Posted (edited)

Honestly, the game at least has hope of surviving if it goes F2P. No one is going to purchase a game with an entrance fee that is essentially a F2P model. Finally becoming like every other version of BDO might at least keep the population up after this disaster.

Edited by Tomoyo

Posted

This is just horrendus logic I can't.

I paid 100 dolla for this game, what, 6 months ago. Say they make it free now, that's okay because that 100 dolla spread over 6 months is nothing? 

I paid 50K for my car and I figure I have amortised my hourly driving experience to 2 dolla per mile, now somebody is getting the car for free, I should not be upset because I'm Spinning Cloud and I smoke some serious DOPE.

Do you not understand that every additional hour you play the game you are paying less for THAT hour of game play? And if you drive your car down to $2/mile ever NEW mile you drive you are paying less than the mile you drove it when you bought it?

If you paid $100 and you've received your 3,000 hour reward then the next hour of play will cost you 3.33 cents. If the game closed down now you will still have received entertainment value at 3 cents per hour. Every hour you continue to play you drive the cost of EACH hour down closer to zero. That doesn't mean you didn't pay $100, it means the next hour and the next and the next are near free. Think. It's freaking CHEAP entertainment, no matter WHAT they do.

Posted

If we are switching to the same business model as Korea (F2P), Why did we have to spend $30 dollars to buy-in to the game?

Will future copies of the game be free to download?

WoW has in-game RMT. Are they F2P?

Posted (edited)

No idea, I only started playing in June.

I checked my account's redeemables, for anyone curious for Conq packs it was an ugly exclusive costume set, a title and the earliest name reservation.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

If we are switching to the same business model as Korea (F2P), Why did we have to spend $30 dollars to buy-in to the game?

Will future copies of the game be free to download?

Can those that thought they were going to play a Buy-to-play game get their money back?

If the game goes free to play - will there be new founder titles for individuals who were duped in to paying ahead of time?

What about premium prices on digital costumes, meant to keep company healthy and free of P2W? Right, Kakao needs to compensate their losses in stupid O2O markets :') 

WoW has in-game RMT. Are they F2P?

WoW isn't 5 months old. WoW doesn't offer BiS gear on the Auction House, you stil have to put effort and time into obtaining the gear. WoW has a level cap.

Go back to WoW? I've heard vanilla was really good :)

Posted

What about premium prices on digital costumes, meant to keep company healthy and free of P2W? Right, Kakao needs to compensate their losses in stupid O2O markets :') 

WoW isn't 5 months old. WoW doesn't offer BiS gear on the Auction House, you stil have to put effort and time into obtaining the gear. WoW has a level cap.

The best enhanced gear doesn't just magically appear on the mp. Someone has to still put in the time and effort to get the drops from bosses or the night vendor. Then has to win at all the rng to get it to max.

Posted (edited)

The best enhanced gear doesn't just magically appear on the mp. Someone has to still put in the time and effort to get the drops from bosses or the night vendor. Then has to win at all the rng to get it to max.

Nah Man, Jouska will just be spawning all the PEN items and putting them on the Marketplace just for the P2Wers to buy. That'll be his new job as soon as Belsazar comes back from his leave.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

It'd be nice to at least get 3000 pearls as "compensation" or whatever, but, I doubt that'll happen.

Posted

I've never played WoW, so telling me to go back to it is just you demonstrating how little you know about me.

But since your spewing skipped over my point, in-game RMT is no guarantee that a game will be F2P. Both WoW and EVE Online, for example, have in-game RMT and a subscription.

But in regards to your other comments, I've never played a game where you needed to put time and effort into obtaining anything if you had enough cash, regardless of whether or not you had any skill or put in any time. Powerlevelers have been there selling carries to the top for as long as I can remember, and account sellers make a living off of people who want top gear but don't want to earn it through in-game play.

In fact, I expect that the people who sell accounts and carries are the people who are probably most upset by the coming changes to the cash shop. The money they currently obtain from rich and impatient players is about to start going to Kakao and PA instead.

Why, they must be furious about this. It'll probably cost them tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenues.

And that thought makes me smile.

Posted

If the game goes free to play - will there be new founder titles for individuals who were duped in to paying ahead of time?

Title = Suckers :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Nope, I just don't bother  arguing with apes. But you don't need to worry, you have been noticed before by me, and you going on that list was just waiting to happen.

That's cool. Feel proud from that pixel block son. 

Posted

Why is everyone suddenly assuming the game will go F2P? I mean, it will eventually, I just don't know why are you talking like it's happening now.

Considering how rarely I see Letters of Repayment being traded maybe they should. Current players won't be buying costumes form the marketplace forever either.

Posted

I've never played WoW, so telling me to go back to it is just you demonstrating how little you know about me.

But since your spewing skipped over my point, in-game RMT is no guarantee that a game will be F2P. Both WoW and EVE Online, for example, have in-game RMT and a subscription.

But in regards to your other comments, I've never played a game where you needed to put time and effort into obtaining anything if you had enough cash, regardless of whether or not you had any skill or put in any time. Powerlevelers have been there selling carries to the top for as long as I can remember, and account sellers make a living off of people who want top gear but don't want to earn it through in-game play.

In fact, I expect that the people who sell accounts and carries are the people who are probably most upset by the coming changes to the cash shop. The money they currently obtain from rich and impatient players is about to start going to Kakao and PA instead.

Why, they must be furious about this. It'll probably cost them tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenues.

And that thought makes me smile.

stop using eve. the game doesn't have a best ship (class in other games) and the modules to equip are under such a huge power curve the the difference between base cheap and multi billion ones are fractions of percent better and all is lost when you die.

Posted

Now here is a nice experiment: tell all the people who 'bought' your 'b2p' game that they in fact were just dumb enough to pay money to play the next Archeage-type autrocity. Commercial suicide in 3... 2... 1...  

Posted

stop using eve. the game doesn't have a best ship (class in other games) and the modules to equip are under such a huge power curve the the difference between base cheap and multi billion ones are fractions of percent better and all is lost when you die.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I point out that a game you like has in-game RMT? Does that make it seem like EVE Online is P2W? 

Too bad. EVE Online has in-game RMT and has had it for years. Of COURSE the people spending cash to get ISK are trying to buy advantages--if the ISK didn't give them anything worth having, there would be no point in buying it.

Honestly, the verbal gymnastics you guys are doing trying to condemn this game while letting everyone else off the hook are absurd.