• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Here is why Black Desert is going P2W (everyone read it)

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Kakao games are in funds trouble to pay for game servers!

It doesnt matter, how many posts you make, It doesnt matter how many protests in game you do, It doesnt matter how many guilds have anti p2w emblems on them. 

The only thing that gonna matter and make your voice be heard by allowing publishers to realize it, depends on how much money your willing to grab out of your wallet and pay for things that will continue to keep this game running and not turning into f2p or completely shutting down!

Quit being so naive and thinking your whining will eventually change anything. If kakao knew how many players were against idea and were threatening to leave, they would have made a reply not even a day after saying, "oops sorry, it was a stupid idea now lets all move on from this now" And thats exactly what would have normally happened I could guarantee you that!!! But they didn't!! So its a surprise why they didnt say that and it all has to be because there is something serious going on.

Remember Black Desert is a buy to play MMO in NA. There are 3 other version that offer you a completely free experience which alone make some population of players not bother even needing to buy an NA/EU in order to play. The other reason has to do with how buy to play works on itself. Which is that you pay 30-50 bucks once and then you keep the game forever. Now normally you cant really keep the game running like that forever, because there will never be a constant supply of new players paying for entire servers, so the other alternate choice would be is to have cash shop that sells additional items and cosmetics. The question is does the cash shop provide enough money for the publishers and developers to keep the game going!?? And my answer is most likely NO. Considering how there is so much things to do in this game. You could perfectly play it and be immersed without needing to spend a single penny on the game. The other problem is that the cash shop is pretty pricey for an average consumer to end up wanting to spend 30-40 dollars on the game, just to buy a costume or/and a pet. They should have lowered the prices to no more than 20 bucks on costumes, furniture, mounts etc

But they didnt and now they end up being faced with a sad fact on how are they going to continue keeping the game financially stable and profitable for them!!? Because you pay for the game once and play it forever, the game doesn't force anyone to constantly needing to buy new content like WoW is and the cash shop eventually doesn't become profitable due less people spending money on it.

And so what would you do in their place? Do any of you guys know a single thing about finance or economics? PROBABLY NOT! Because most of you here have all these fantasy like dreams with delusional hopes, thinking that as long as i am the only one whos happy and benefiting in the game, lets keep the game every way it is the way we want it, or even allow players to get free 30 dollars costumes from in game and lets have this perfect non p2w mmo. But there is something your missing buddy!!! your not realizing something!!!! your forgetting one small thing!!! AS THE PUBLISHER/DEVELOPER WASTING SOMETHING ALL OF THIS ENERGY TO SAY LETS DO IT!!!I AND WHAT IS ACTUALLY CREATING THAT ENERGY??? ITS $$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Grendel

Posted

Will you people eventually get into your -----ing thick heads it has nothing to do with the fact that the game costs money, that it's not free or whatever, that a whole lot of us probably spent more on the game than you ever will

Will you -----ing understand that the issue lies within how they suddenly decide to bruteforce something pretty much everyone believed they'd never do because they said so, a mechanic which will harm the game on top of being presented in a very suspicious and rather dishonest manner ?

Will you ? Or will you keep throwing strawmans until you eventually manage to convince yourselves ?

4 people like this

Posted

So on a scale of 1 - 10 would you recommend this game to a new player...I was about to buy this game and then I you tubed the game to check it out a bit more and...it seems people are saying its going/gone P2W...which I'm not a fan of so if its P2W now I think i'm going to have to pass.

Posted

"Kakao games are in funds trouble to pay for game servers!"

And how would you have ANY idea what their finances look like?

1 person likes this

Posted

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted (edited)

The question is does the cash shop provide enough money for the publishers and developers to keep the game going!?? And my answer is most likely NO.

AFAIK the only thing they have commented on about their finances in relation to BDO comes from a press conference in Korea back at the end of March.

-' 바이 투 플레이'라는 진입 장벽이 있음에도 불구하고 여전히 많은 유저들이 게임패스를 구매하고 있다. 또한, 캐시샵 아이템 가격이 비교적 높은 편인데, 이런 캐시 아이템에서도 많은 매출이 나오고 있다. 이런 것을 보고 지금의 트렌드가 적어도 올해에는 계속 유지될 것이라고 확신하고 있다.

While the game is "buy to play," many users are still purchasing game pass. Furthermore, even though cash items are relatively expensive, we are maintaining large revenue and we predict that current trend will last until end of this year.

Source: http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=153910&site=black

Edited by scau
1 person likes this

Posted

I somehow doubt even after them funding hair salons expenditures, that Daum is suffering financially enough to require enabling P2W transactions ingame. If the sell figures at launch was anything to go by, that is.

Sometimes playing devil's advocate makes you fair. Sometimes, it just makes you a devil too.

By that logic, I have stopped playing BDO so even before Wednesday's maintenance, I won't be counted amongst the number of players. If I'm going to "vote with my wallet", that's simple. I'll just leave immediately and never look back, without ever spending another single penny on BDO.

And so what would you do in their place? Do any of you guys know a single thing about finance or economics? PROBABLY NOT!

No, but most humans are capable of fairly rational, protracted analysis. That itself is enough to get a suitable answer to most problems.

Posted (edited)

And so what would you do in their place? Do any of you guys know a single thing about finance or economics? PROBABLY NOT! 

I know one thing that is supposed to be common sense. You don't repeat mistakes of others. They had a prime example of how the western market handles even questionably p2w stuff in Archeage (and how it reacts when that stuff is put in place), and they knew very well that the community here over all would perceive this as p2w (that is the reason the community rallied and got it removed in the first place). Yet they did nothing to calm the players or to ease the players fears. I would not look to business models of other KR games that flopped in the west. I'd instead look at the western games that are successful with their business models. It may not equal massive quick profits, but it certainly wouldn't be causing this backlash and essentially ruining their name in the western gaming market. But, then again, I wouldn't view gaming as a temporary cash cow to fund another venture.

Edited by Noth

Posted

It doesnt matter, how many posts you make, It doesnt matter how many protests in game you do, It doesnt matter how many guilds have anti p2w emblems on them. 

The only thing that gonna matter and make your voice be heard by allowing publishers to realize it, depends on how much money your willing to grab out of your wallet and pay for things that will continue to keep this game running and not turning into f2p or completely shutting down!

Quit being so naive and thinking your whining will eventually change anything. If kakao knew how many players were against idea and were threatening to leave, they would have made a reply not even a day after saying, "oops sorry, it was a stupid idea now lets all move on from this now" And thats exactly what would have normally happened I could guarantee you that!!! But they didn't!! So its a surprise why they didnt say that and it all has to be because there is something serious going on.

Remember Black Desert is a buy to play MMO in NA. There are 3 other version that offer you a completely free experience which alone make some population of players not bother even needing to buy an NA/EU in order to play. The other reason has to do with how buy to play works on itself. Which is that you pay 30-50 bucks once and then you keep the game forever. Now normally you cant really keep the game running like that forever, because there will never be a constant supply of new players paying for entire servers, so the other alternate choice would be is to have cash shop that sells additional items and cosmetics. The question is does the cash shop provide enough money for the publishers and developers to keep the game going!?? And my answer is most likely NO. Considering how there is so much things to do in this game. You could perfectly play it and be immersed without needing to spend a single penny on the game. The other problem is that the cash shop is pretty pricey for an average consumer to end up wanting to spend 30-40 dollars on the game, just to buy a costume or/and a pet. They should have lowered the prices to no more than 20 bucks on costumes, furniture, mounts etc

But they didnt and now they end up being faced with a sad fact on how are they going to continue keeping the game financially stable and profitable for them!!? Because you pay for the game once and play it forever, the game doesn't force anyone to constantly needing to buy new content like WoW is and the cash shop eventually doesn't become profitable due less people spending money on it.

And so what would you do in their place? Do any of you guys know a single thing about finance or economics? PROBABLY NOT! Because most of you here have all these fantasy like dreams with delusional hopes, thinking that as long as i am the only one whos happy and benefiting in the game, lets keep the game every way it is the way we want it, or even allow players to get free 30 dollars costumes from in game and lets have this perfect non p2w mmo. But there is something your missing buddy!!! your not realizing something!!!! your forgetting one small thing!!! AS THE PUBLISHER/DEVELOPER WASTING SOMETHING ALL OF THIS ENERGY TO SAY LETS DO IT!!!I AND WHAT IS ACTUALLY CREATING THAT ENERGY??? ITS $$$$$$$$$$$

So who died and made you King?

Posted

AFAIK the only thing they have commented on about their finances in relation to BDO comes from a press conference in Korea back at the end of March.

-' 바이 투 플레이'라는 진입 장벽이 있음에도 불구하고 여전히 많은 유저들이 게임패스를 구매하고 있다. 또한, 캐시샵 아이템 가격이 비교적 높은 편인데, 이런 캐시 아이템에서도 많은 매출이 나오고 있다. 이런 것을 보고 지금의 트렌드가 적어도 올해에는 계속 유지될 것이라고 확신하고 있다.

While the game is "buy to play," many users are still purchasing game pass. Furthermore, even though cash items are relatively expensive, we are maintaining large revenue and we predict that current trend will last until end of this year.

Source: http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=153910&site=black

damn i keep seeing statements like this. I wish there were more statements from the Dev about how they are passionate about a good game play experience rather than their corporate just talking about how they milk us like cows

Posted

is this what you ve dreamed last night? you got no official source for this yet, you come here, post this bullshit, to disinform people, GTFO

1 person likes this

Posted

keep believing what you believe! (≧▽≦) lel

Posted

funds trouble

Posted

Hey, gang, come on!
Lookit, just `cause we're losing doesn't mean it's all over.
That's just the attitude we don't need. Sure, Kakao has beaten us down twelve weeks in a row. Sure, they're terrific programmers. They've got the best equipment that money can buy. Hell, every dev they're sending over here has their own personal masseuse, not masseur, masseuse.
But it doesn't matter.
Do you know that every Kakao employee has an electrocardiogram, blood and urine tests every 48 hours to see if there's any change in his physical condition? Do you know that they use the most sophisticated training methods from the Soviet Union, East and West Germany, and the newest Olympic power Trinidad-Tobago?
But it doesn't matter.
It just doesn't matter.
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER.
I tell you, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

And even
and even if we win, if we win, HAH!
Even if we win!
Even if we play so far over our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days. Even if God in Heaven above comes down and points his hand at our side of the field. Even if every man, woman and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter, because all the really good looking girls would still go out with the guys from Kakao 'cause they've got all the money!
It just doesn't matter if we win or we lose.
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!
IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

Posted

from your first 2 sentences I have a clear understanding of your lack of such regarding node components prices and their maintenance. I understand you have an opinion but it completely false to state that the money are needed for server expansion. Please educate yourself, servers are not 1000000000$ per node where magical unicorns are maintaining them. Also there are tons of way to increase the revenue stream outside of going p2w this is just simply the korean way. There are plenty of examples where even not pay for convenience but pay for looks system works and makes more money Problem is there you see  content creation, engagement with the community and fair/transparent system where everything is visible ahead or at the time of implementation so people can experiment and adjust... oh wait sounds not like bdo. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0