• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Selling pearls for ingame cash isn't P2W.

40 posts in this topic

Posted

yes i agree that the mis representation of marketing should allow people to get a refund if they bought the game under the premise that there will be no systems like this put into the game. Unfortunatly we know this won't happen. *sad face"

EU adn NA laws protect customers. PayPal has other protection too. If "Cheater" company doesn't offer or give us refund we can use legal actions in 1st 180 days... Like bad, not fair chargeback to get back cheated/scammed money.

Posted

EU adn NA laws protect customers. PayPal has other protection too. If "Cheater" company doesn't offer or give us refund we can use legal actions in 1st 180 days... Like bad, not fair chargeback to get back cheated/scammed money.

i hope this works for all the people who feel cheated by this system i truly do. I doubt it will be worth the legal hassle and unfortunately these people will not get the hours back that they will feel they have lost.

But this is beside the point of this thread.

Posted

800 mil from credit card. 700 mil from grinding . What if they couldn't use a credit card and could only grind for 5 hours would they always be at a disadvantage should we limit everyone to only be able to grind as much as the lowest person? a few hours a week only of grinding as we dont want anyone to have an advantage

now lets say they work hard at work want to unwind with a game and dont mind spending a bit of money on catching up and having fun with their guild. 

like I said in my post, I'm a firm believer that If u don't put in as much work in a game as somebody else U DONT DESERVE what they have. Out of game means should not have any effect on ur progress. There are whole ganras dedicated to that kind of stuff, the mmo ganra doesn't nor should it and the games who try to allow it the community quickly abandons, look to the most recent example, archeage, we didn't tolerate the atmosphere Trion created and the game died as a result.

Ur in the wrong gaming genra.

Posted

i hope this works for all the people who feel cheated by this system i truly do. I doubt it will be worth the legal hassle and unfortunately these people will not get the hours back that they will feel they have lost.

But this is beside the point of this thread.

It's working, but I don't like this solution. I like this game now. We have nice guild, good friends. The game is good, just if it's p2w or korean style microtransaction system  it will become "nothing special" for me. I never used chargeback or refund, but this "backstab" is hard for me.  Little chicken feels himself Big Bad Angry Chicken after this and it want "revenge". :D

Posted

like I said in my post, I'm a firm believer that If u don't put in as much work in a game as somebody else U DONT DESERVE what they have. Out of game means should not have any effect on ur progress. There are whole ganras dedicated to that kind of stuff, the mmo ganra doesn't nor should it and the games who try to allow it the community quickly abandons, look to the most recent example, archeage, we didn't tolerate the atmosphere Trion created and the game died as a result.

Ur in the wrong gaming genra.

genre*

you can believe all you want. your belief is wrong there are many examples in real life that show you dont get as much as you put in as some other people. this is something you should probably get to grips with, sorry.

If you said that you think it should be like that i would agree with you. However what if someone values the time they spend on a game much more highly than someone else should they be rewarded more for that ingame?

can you answer some of my questions instead of ignoring them and pushing your own agenda?

Posted

genre*

you can believe all you want. your belief is wrong there are many examples in real life that show you dont get as much as you put in as some other people. this is something you should probably get to grips with, sorry.

If you said that you think it should be like that i would agree with you. However what if someone values the time they spend on a game much more highly than someone else should they be rewarded more for that ingame?

can you answer some of my questions instead of ignoring them and pushing your own agenda?

value is subjective, one person may think their time is more valuable then another's but u gotta face facts in that ur 10 mins isn't any more valuable then mine is regardless if ur gonna spend it rescuing kittens out of tree while I'm looking for chicks to talk to on the beach. ur not special and dont deserve better things just cause u think u do, they have a word for u. entitled. As for answering ur questions iv done that already and if anything I could argue ur trying to push ur own agenda on the forums, trying to preach why p2w isn't a big deal, trying to mitigate the importance of the fact this is being added. Sorry but ur not worth any more then anybody else just cause ur willing to empty ur wallet instead of actually play the game. U need a reality check in that department.

Posted (edited)

Are u serius? OK take this real cheap example..
There are 2 players that starts the game the same day
PLAYER N.1 = a real active dude that in his first week already havea storage value of 100m worth in items ( starting from 0 is not that bad )
PLAYER N.2 =  a not real active player that in his first week already got 600M 

Whats the difference? well the player number 2 payed to win 500m extra and will gear 4x faster then player number 1 without put any affort to the game.

This is pay to win dude. there are no p2w games out there that give u +10% dmg if pay ( i played alot of p2w games ) because even the most dumb monkey understand something is wrong with it. ALL PAY TO WIN let u achive goals way more faster then normal users since u dont really need a +10% dmg vs a free player cuz the pay to win will already be tooo much strong for u to compete..
If the things goes in this way all cash whales will flood the market with pre order to get all the gear they want to try TET PEN and whatever. A top player will have to work his ass x2 then before to keep be competitive ( or just cash shop too)

In this game the model p2w is even worse cuz every player in here already had to use money to play and this also mean that alot of them can easly afford 100 or 200 euro per month without any problem. so they will do alot more money compare to another f2p and this also the reason this game will never became f2p

Sorry for my bad eng
Take care

Edited by DaiCazzo

Posted

value is subjective, one person may think their time is more valuable then another's but u gotta face facts in that ur 10 mins isn't any more valuable then mine is regardless if ur gonna spend it rescuing kittens out of tree while I'm looking for chicks to talk to on the beach. ur not special and dont deserve better things just cause u think u do, they have a word for u. entitled. As for answering ur questions iv done that already and if anything I could argue ur trying to push ur own agenda on the forums, trying to preach why p2w isn't a big deal, trying to mitigate the importance of the fact this is being added. Sorry but ur not worth any more then anybody else just cause ur willing to empty ur wallet instead of actually play the game. U need a reality check in that department.

i think you have a distorted view of the world. Or maybe you just dont work. Lets jump back to basics. Sorry for the mansplaining, i feel its necessary. In the real world, some people have jobs and they get paid a wage for their time. Some peoples time is worth a lot more than other peoples time. Some people show value you in other ways like helping the world through charity, but then again other people achieve more in their hours than others and therefore are valued more highly. 

in the same post that you said you answered my questions you didnt answer my question directly you actually indirectly tried to say my question was wrong/invalid.

Posted

I come from one of those top guild, and I can guaranty you most of us have family, kids, and jobs. The main difference is that we were very strongly organized as hundred men/female strong and min maxing everything. You have no idea the spreadsheet we had accessed to computing cost price of every craftable in the games per energy spent. The strong organization for training with people with limited playtime. You can see the lifeskill ranking is trusted by top pvp guild, because we had extensive knowledge of the game even before it went available in NA/EU. And all that summed up ma de it that we stayed on top of the food chain even though many of us have even 50hr weekly job. 

All that minmaxing is now ruined with the extra income that'll be available and if we wanted to remain on top we would need to p2w and keep minmaxing

I do blame your laziness or your lack of organization over our supposed nolife-ness.

According to your info I can say that with this kind of an organisation and method you guys shouldn't be worried about couple hundered mil of extra silver for those unorganised players now should you? cause I for one am not planning to buy 300$ of stuff every week for some extra in-game cash.

Posted

Oh i know all the crazy people with their crossed out P2W avatars are already in here ready to spit hate at the mere suggestion of my title. Just try and read this before you reply please.

i see in the forums that there are 2 sides to this "OMG P2W" most are against it and some are for it, I'm going to attempt show you the middle ground.

P2W is simply the term given to a game that allows you a significant advantage over another person in game. A good example of real P2W would be pay 10 dollars and you get 10% extra pvp damage and reduction for a month. This example gives you something that you cant just get in game and an advantage over people who don't pay.

Now this new selling pearls thing does give an advantage. The advantage is that you can get cash faster because you are trading wanted items bought with pearls for in-game cash. In-game cash can obviously be obtained in another way. So really it is Pay To Progress faster?

Now im going to show the other side and why you can be pissed off.

If this was a game that had very fast progression, for example WoW, where you can get armor and gear fast and hit endgame top tier gear within a few months this wouldn't be a problem, yeah you may have an advantage, but it would not be major and would be very temporary. This game however makes it incredibly difficult to get geared, all hail our lord RNGesus, and progression is ongoing; I don't think i know anyone with TET everything in the game yet. So the advantage that it gives you to have an easier supply of in-game cash than someone else is more major and less temporary. Think of LoL no one would suggest it would be P2W in a million years, but it does give you the ability to get ingame cash to be used on Runes (kind of like equipment) much faster, but it has a very easy to reach ceiling. 

However, can we say that people who have been in the game for longer than others have a serious advantage. Yes. Can we say that people who have no job, life and nothing better to do have a serious advantage. Yes we can. So is this game really just No Life 2 Win? Will releasing this new system just let people catch up to the same lvl of progression and very small group of people shoot ahead, i would like to think so. Maybe their will be more even fights in the future. We can only hope. 

So to summarise, its not pay 2 win, it is No Life 2 Win. Does the system give an unfair advantage? Yes it does, but only because of the way the game is set out. It also doesn't give more of an advantage than people who have just been in the game for longer. Is it unfair that newbies can catch up to veterans? Yes, however should we be shouting and screaming about this? No, unless of course you're scared of people getting gear and having more of a difficult fight.

I for one find it so disheartening when i'm playing the game lvl 56 and some dude heavily geared comes out and spams one ability and can murder 3 of us as we try desperately to scratch him. Then i go to work and i fall further and further behind with no way to catch up. Can i ever catch up on lvl to people who are lvl 59-60 already? No not really, i dont have the time, but at least i can start to close the gap on gear after this week.      

Just curious, are you a gen Y? 

I work a lot of hours, so generally I'm behind most people in mmos, but do I care, or do I work my way up slowly, with the same system, same advantages as those who do it faster? Financially I do well for myself, so possibly this Wednesday I could spend my cash, grab some silver and boost my gear, but I can't... It wouldn't be on the same playing field as those who worked long and hard for their gear, it's an unfair advantage that I see gen Y kids looking for on a daily basis, even my own kids and I can't lower myself to that. 

I have watched the degradation of the world due to greed and corruption and seriously worry about the future for my kids. Now games are tainted by this greed, and it's just too easy to attract these lazy kids into going along with it. 

It's ok to be behind everyone for a long time, as the journey is part of the game, there is no catch up, just play the game and say no to any form of p2w, don't let greed and laziness win the day. 

It's because of this culture that my business shys from hiring gen y. I really don't like to generalize, but they're always looking for the easy road, and I mean always! There are the good, but they're few and far. 

Posted

According to your info I can say that with this kind of an organisation and method you guys shouldn't be worried about couple hundered mil of extra silver for those unorganised players now should you? cause I for one am not planning to buy 300$ of stuff every week for some extra in-game cash.

I couldn't care less for page 20 rank guild, but AA already proved us number #2/3 guilds leadership, that we know very well, have been top credit cards warriors. Balance of power is then flawed.

Posted

i think you have a distorted view of the world. Or maybe you just dont work. Lets jump back to basics. Sorry for the mansplaining, i feel its necessary. In the real world, some people have jobs and they get paid a wage for their time. Some peoples time is worth a lot more than other peoples time. Some people show value you in other ways like helping the world through charity, but then again other people achieve more in their hours than others and therefore are valued more highly. 

in the same post that you said you answered my questions you didnt answer my question directly you actually indirectly tried to say my question was wrong/invalid.

it really is starting to sound like your a liberal arts student who hasn't caught on to the real world yet. Let me put it like this, regardless if u were going to help a person fix his car so he could get to work, that time isn't any more valuable then anybody else's, in that same time any other persons time is equally valuable because in that same time they had the potential to do anything therefore both are equally valuable HOWEVER it's clear that u don't understand that so I'll break it down even further. Person A thinks that his time reading at the local library I more importent then the time that person B spends talking to his friends. Is person A's time more importent? No it isn't. Just because u assign importance to ur time in a way that makes u seem more signifigent doesn't mean that it's any more significant then talking to his friends was to person B. So in reality my post before was an answer, u just are to blind by self importance to realize it.

Posted

Starts his argument with "crazy poeples" and "OMG P2W"...

Didn't care to read.

Posted

I think this trolls With New accounts are posibly hired as someone stated before 

Posted (edited)

Just curious, are you a gen Y? 

Nope gen x 

it really is starting to sound like your a liberal arts student who hasn't caught on to the real world yet. Let me put it like this, regardless if u were going to help a person fix his car so he could get to work, that time isn't any more valuable then anybody else's, in that same time any other persons time is equally valuable because in that same time they had the potential to do anything therefore both are equally valuable HOWEVER it's clear that u don't understand that so I'll break it down even further. Person A thinks that his time reading at the local library I more importent then the time that person B spends talking to his friends. Is person A's time more importent? No it isn't. Just because u assign importance to ur time in a way that makes u seem more signifigent doesn't mean that it's any more significant then talking to his friends was to person B. So in reality my post before was an answer, u just are to blind by self importance to realize it.

I love you, you prove my points for me. now let me just ask the same question again now that you have said that,

"However what if someone values the time they spend on a game much more highly than someone else should they be rewarded more for that in-game?"

Edited by Greenwolf

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0