• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How is insulting people not breaking the forum-rules?

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I actually had the intend to not create another thread in this forums because it's toxicity level is beyond ridiculous.

But since there have been so many topics removed for "breaking the ToS/Forum rules", i'm wondering:

According to the forum rules, insulting or provoking users isn't allowed:

6.3. Interacting with other users

• Post made with the sole purpose of upsetting or angering other users are not allowed. All posts have to be made in the spirit of mutual respect.
  • The User shall not attack or insult other users for having different opinions or for making statements the User disagrees with. Challenging the opinions or statements of other users is permitted, attacking the person holding them is not. If the User finds the actions of other users in breach of the forum rules, the Report Function should be used in order to bring the case to the attention of the moderator team. The case will then be reviewed and appropriate actions will be taken.

While telling someone to "get a job" - "go outside" - "get a real life" - "you are poor in real life" - "git gud" and various other statements which are made all the time when someone doesn't agree with someone else's opinion, can clearly be taken as an insult or is atleast purely used to provoke/angering other users, i don't get the point why there are no actions taken against such users.

Ah and ye, i already used the report function on most of them.

This really feels like if there are some "double standarts" around on this forums...

Some examples (removed names):

79658976cb.png

@CM_Aethon

And yeah, i know about 6.4 but technically this isn't a quote. The screenshot is just used to clarify which kind of posts im referring to.

Edited by Jylin
5 people like this

Posted

Personally I'd leave it.

It just shows the maturity of people who support p2w. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If you support p2w breaking forum rules is OK.

4 people like this

Posted

1. Probably should be more inclusive in your quoting:

6. Behavioral rules and guidelines

> guidelines being the operative phrasing

• Stopped playing 06.08.2016
  •  

...so why do you even care? Why are you even here? 

2 people like this

Posted

...so why do you even care? Why are you even here? 

Well, stopped doesnt mean that i will never restart, right? Depends on the outcome.

Also this isnt releated to the topic.

Posted

Well, stopped doesnt mean that i will never restart, right? Depends on the outcome.

Also this isnt releated to the topic.

The part you failed to quote was, however; and posts like the OP do nothing to reduce toxicity and only serve as bait.

Posted (edited)

6. Behavioral rules and guidelines

You are talking about this part?

The part you failed to quote was, however; and posts like the OP do nothing to reduce toxicity and only serve as bait.

However, the OP is not intended to serve as a bait.

Edited by Jylin

Posted

You think you have insults now?

Wait until the game goes f2p in the next few months.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its a bait to bring up an issue ? Its a discussion and if people cant discuss it in good terms, it proves the issue exist and is being ignored by the CM who is watching over only certain rules. And why wouldn't he care? He cared about the game, played it for months, payed to support the game as it is. He has all the right just as you, and such comment is literally disgusting for a discussion. 

If you dont have anything contributing for the subject, you might as well wait with it as you bait toxicity to you on purpose.

1 person likes this

Posted

Common example of what anti P2W people think:

Git gud scrub quit your job and play this game 24/7 dont do p2w noobs cause you people who can't invest time into this game have no place doing end game content such as nodewars cause your gears suck so git gud or quit playing noob. I enjoy pking you casuals git gud.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Common example of what anti P2W people think:

Git gud scrub quit your job and play this game 24/7 dont do p2w noobs cause you people who can't invest time into this game have no place doing end game content such as nodewars cause your gears suck so git gud or quit playing noob. I enjoy pking you casuals git gud.

this topic isn't about p2w. 

also, the examples you provided are an issue aswell. i just picked some of the latest i saw in various threads. provide some quotes and ill add them to the OP as example.

aside from that, what people "think" doesn't matter. it's about what people post.

Edited by Jylin

Posted

Sad to see you go brother, but i totally get it. All love and peace for you! 

Posted

Its a bait to bring up an issue ? Its a discussion and if people cant discuss it in good terms, it proves the issue exist and is being ignored by the CM who is watching over only certain rules. And why wouldn't he care? He cared about the game, played it for months, payed to support the game as it is. He has all the right just as you, and such comment is literally disgusting for a discussion. 

If you dont have anything contributing for the subject, you might as well wait with it as you bait toxicity to you on purpose.

It is bait to publicly inform others that their posts have been reported - that's right in the rules.

The discussion has been had. The suggestion to lock forum accounts to game accounts has been forwarded and ignored. The OP did not even offer this suggestion.

Posted

YOur skin need to be thicker or you wont survive the internets..

Content that breaks ToS is content that breaks ToS.

This is why we have community moderators.

Posted

It is bait to publicly inform others that their posts have been reported - that's right in the rules.

The discussion has been had. The suggestion to lock forum accounts to game accounts has been forwarded and ignored. The OP did not even offer this suggestion.

Those suggestion are not related to the issue being brought up in the topic, Am I missing your point on those?

It is indeed inappropriate to bait people with "reported" but it is more related to "dont post unnecessary comments or useless information" rule.

Nobody said that they're offended, they simply do not agree with the rules being ignored by the CM.If you think being trash to people is ok because you're on the internet, that is very sad. 

Posted

which hentai is your profile picture from?

Posted

This really feels like if there are some "double standarts" around on this forums...

These are all taken from your post history, its hypocritical to complain about people making toxic posts that are made solely to enrage people when you've done the exact same. You've used 4 examples, so I also have used 4 examples; if you want more let me know. :) 

"what about you link yours instead of spaming more bullshit"

"did kakao finally offer you a job?"

"enjoy your dead game"

"Sorry OP, seems like this game is made as a paradise for griefing retards instead of players that like fair competition"

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"what about you link yours instead of spaming more bullshit"

"did kakao finally offer you a job?"

"enjoy your dead game"

"Sorry OP, seems like this game is made as a paradise for griefing retards instead of players that like fair competition"

Yeah probably i should be banned for this aswell, but it doesnt really solve the issue, does it?

aside from that. only half of them adresses a user on the forums. from these two, in one case a user basicly baited me with exactly these type of posts im referring to in the OP.

the "griefing retards" i colored red, isn't directed towards any person personally, which should be obvious if you had read the thread.

Edited by Jylin

Posted

Who said something bout offended?

Normally when people say "get a thicker skin" is an expression to "stop getting offended over little stuff". 

Posted

Yeah probably i should be banned for this aswell, but it doesnt really solve the issue, does it?

aside from that. only half of them adresses a user on the forums. from these two, in one case a user basicly baited me with exactly those posts im referring to in the OP

Doesn't matter, you're complaining about something you've also done. You can't use the excuse that you were "baited" into breaking the rules when you had the choice of not replying, or at least not replying. You're making this thread because someone gave you a taste of your own medicine.

Don't want to get insulted? Stop insulting people then. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do you assume nothing happens to us? 

041c7a6541e94da99e6b5739badf1197.png

I've been restricted of posting (banned) numerous times except when that happens, I don't go around looking for attention on reddit like your buddy. Take the ban or leave.

Posted

Why do you assume nothing happens to us? 

041c7a6541e94da99e6b5739badf1197.png

I've been restricted of posting (banned) numerous times except when that happens, I don't go around looking for attention on reddit like your buddy. Take the ban or leave.

The content of the 2 warnings that would actually show if you have used straight foul language or simply trashed a guy using non-foul language is not seen. Otherwise you might just be someone who likes to insult, doesnt prove anything that action is being taken against people who make comments to upset/anger using non-foul language.

Posted

Doesn't matter, you're complaining about something you've also done. You can't use the excuse that you were "baited" into breaking the rules when you had the choice of not replying, or at least not replying. You're making this thread because someone gave you a taste of your own medicine.

Don't want to get insulted? Stop insulting people then. 

Awww... did i say you are wrong in my previous post? I can't remember that.

You don't get the issue. It isn't about the insults in general - its about this:

the CM who is watching over only certain rules.

Anyways, i'll just do as you told me and not reply to you anymore Plunge. Don't take it personal, i guess you are right about my posting history atleast. So im trying to get a better behavior leave your posts alone.

Posted (edited)

The content of the 2 warnings that would actually show if you have used straight foul language or simply trashed a guy using non-foul language is not seen. Otherwise you might just be someone who likes to insult, doesnt prove anything that action is being taken against people who make comments to upset/anger using non-foul language.

Ask the white knight Plunge here. I've baited him into a warning before thus preventing him from becoming a mod.

But this topic was clearly about OP asking why does people who insult doesn't get anything. We do.

Edited by clangpicky

Posted

Ask the white knight Plunge here. I've baited him into warnings before thus preventing him from becoming a mod.

Ouch. But was mostly referring to see the time period, as were mainly talking now about after the Kako Announcement till now. I am more than certain that before it, the CMs and Mods have watched over the language used more carefully.