• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daum, people seem to be voting with their feet.

197 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't ask for anything from Daum.  I have fun playing their game.  When it stops being fun I will leave and not throw a temper tantrum in my living room.

Sorry my idea of pay to win does not line up with yours.  You have a small very vocal minority spouting off.  Big deal.

Not any mention of this last night in our guild at all. 

If you all hate the game.  Please leave or buy the game from Kakao and run it your way. Thanks.

What you seem to miss is we dont hate the game, we love the game, i have over 2000 hours and cant stand what kakao are doing to something I love.

Posted

Based on this I guess Kakao will be closing the EU servers since it is such a doom and gloom scenario over there. NA seems fine. UNO was as active as usual this weekend, although I did see 2 or 3 mass sales of TRI BiS gear, but who's gonna buy that crap, the prices are insane lol!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You gonna cry later when there will be no competition. And thats what MMO is all about. Competition.

Competition? You mean against people that no life? How is that called competition? Like school basketball team against NBA team is competition?

Honestly I am happy because the people quitting are those that used to spend 15hours per day playing the game. Normal people with avg job cant compete with them, so its a good thing they are leaving.

Edited by Saltminer

Posted

Reaaaaally disappointed I didn't come into this thread and see a picture of people voting on BDO forums polls with actual feet. :( 

I expected Daniel Day Lewis painting a ballot with his left foot....

Posted

I say good riddance. Those Koreans need to go back to their own server. They're coming here and disrupting our NA/EU experience.

Actually, they are not Koreans, but NA players that played in Korea and actually prefer the Korean system. Maybe they will come back though once awakenings are released here in NA. 

You gonna cry later when there will be no competition. And thats what MMO is all about. Competition.

Not sure if you are serious... BDO competitive? Is that a joke? The game is 98% based on gear. Gear is 100% based on rng... BDO is a grindy PvE game with some PvP in it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I came in here expecting footjob jokes...

I think I speak for many when I say that I fell in love with this game and it is so hard to see it be ripped apart by greed whether you support p2win or not p2win.

I hope whoever is left gets to enjoy BDO for what it'll be. But, as is, what it'll be is precisely why I'm leaving (very probably). Even if they don't implement their P2W Wednesday, they've already proven it'll be when, not if.

Chances are, I'll be leaving. But I'll at least wait until Wednesday's maintenance.

Based on this I guess Kakao will be closing the EU servers since it is such a doom and gloom scenario over there. NA seems fine. UNO was as active as usual this weekend, although I did see 2 or 3 mass sales of TRI BiS gear, but who's gonna buy that crap, the prices are insane lol!

Self-inflicted misery.

Posted (edited)

Competition? You mean against people that no life? How is that called competition? Like school basketball team against NBA team is competition?

Honestly I am happy because the people quitting are those that used to spend 15hours per day playing the game. Normal people with avg job cant compete with them, so its a good thing they are leaving.

Yup...and BDO will end up like L2. Visa Warriors vs. Visa Bot Warriors. On empty servers. Way to go. Really. You are an insult to MMO genre.

Not sure if you are serious... BDO competitive? Is that a joke? The game is 98% based on gear. Gear is 100% based on rng... BDO is a grindy PvE game with some PvP in it. 

Yea...that's competition. Someone who PLAYS more GAINS more. Welcome to MMOs. Why don't you rip net cable out of your PC? You should be playing Sims or something.

Edited by VeritaTeserus

Posted

last one out has to hold the door

Posted (edited)

Yup...and BDO will end up like L2. Visa Warriors vs. Visa Bot Warriors. On empty servers. Way to go. Really. You are an insult to MMO genre.

You are the insult. You want a player that plays 16hours per day fight someone that just play 4-5 hours per day and call it fair and competitive.

btw players with jobs cant play 16hours.

Edited by Saltminer

Posted

You are the insult. You want a player that plays 16hours per day fight someone that just play 4-5 hours per day and call it fair and competitive.

World pvp isn't meant to be fair, someone who puts in more time should have the advantage in terms of gear. If you want a game that caters to that type of mentality then go play guild wars 2 SPvP. Everyone is on a equal playing field and the game is b2p. Cant compete in terms of time in a gear based game? Play the victim and endorse pay to win. Solid argument. 

Posted

LOL, assuming is the mother of *****ups, you do know that , do you? I play on Croxus (EU) and it is as crowded as it always have been, stop spouting nonsense and go have fun in-game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

on-nom-nom-house-popcorn-this-is-gonna-b

Edited by Tresed

Posted (edited)

Seems like it's taking more of a hit on EU then NA. I've noticed no issues on Edan. It's funny how the sky is falling people don't realize we had people that actually left NA to go back to Korea server. Madness, I know... This will not kill the game, the massive rng fisting that can happen in end game gearing will do that(if it ever does, maybe it won't...)

Once I convinced myself that this is not a competitive PvP game but rather a grindy PvE game with great graphics and combat I've really enjoyed the game. 

On Edan, this weekend it was the first time I've ever been able to run through Calpheon without lagging due to player density on the channels I typically play on. Further, instead of seeing masses of people around the city or even fishing like I would normally, I see 1 or 2 only. Now I switch to another channel, I do see more people afk fishing and afking, though I still see fewer actively playing. Just because certain channels still look normal, doesn't mean it is true for all channels. 

Edited by Noth

Posted

I saw no difference this weekend.  Lol

Posted

World pvp isn't meant to be fair, someone who puts in more time should have the advantage in terms of gear. If you want a game that caters to that type of mentality then go play guild wars 2 SPvP. Everyone is on a equal playing field and the game is b2p. Cant compete in terms of time in a gear based game? Play the victim and endorse pay to win. Solid argument. 

so your argument against p2w is I dont want to waste money because I am jobless and play all day? Lol

Posted (edited)

so your argument against p2w is I dont want to waste money because I am jobless and play all day? Lol

Anyone who plays more than you is unemployed? That's logical. My argument is that money should not be involved with any type of mechanical advantage for any PvP or PvE environment. There are better ways for a company to make money than to belittle the time invested by the majority of the community to a few entitled simpletons who would rather open their wallets than actually play the game. 

Edited by Countless

Posted

LOL, assuming is the mother of *****ups, you do know that , do you? I play on Croxus (EU) and it is as crowded as it always have been, stop spouting nonsense and go have fun in-game.

It was just a joke dude, lol, I find this whole debacle funny as well. My comment was aimed at the EU since the most vocal individuals about this whole update have been the Euros.

Posted

Anyone who plays more than you is unemployed? That's logical. My argument is that money should not be involved with any type of mechanical advantage for any PvP or PvE environment. There are better ways for a company to make money than to belittle the time invested by the majority of the community to a few entitled simpletons who would rather open their wallets than actually play the game. 

get rekt bro because your time invested in the game means shit now. GG kakao

Posted

Yea...that's competition. Someone who PLAYS more GAINS more. Welcome to MMOs. Why don't you rip net cable out of your PC? You should be playing Sims or something.

I guess the way I see a competitive game is one that is based on having actual skill other then free time, not rng. So, you want a skilless game and throw all your time at it and stroke your epeen. We all like what we like, good luck in finding that game. 

I've fortunately have had the luxury of knowing how the real world works and saw these changes coming whereas all the sky is falling tin foil hat wearing people decided to latch onto some kind of ideal and ignore the inevitable. 

Posted

Since nobody seems to have mentioned it (and I apologise if someone did and I missed it) - the WoW pre-patch recently hit and the expansion is imminent. I'm guessing this will also have an effect on player levels for at least a few weeks.  FFXIV has recently had a major patch as well, unsure how much difference that will make.

Posted

btw players with jobs cant play 16hours.

Who gives a shit? You play more you have more. Thats the way it is. Thats the very essence of MMO. If you are to stupid to comprehend this...thats non of my problems.

Posted (edited)

Who gives a shit? You play more you have more. Thats the way it is. Thats the very essence of MMO. If you are to stupid to comprehend this...thats non of my problems.

Welcome to 2016. MMO is now you pay more you have more. That's the new way. If you are too stupid to comprehend this...that's none of my problem.

Edited by Kramer

Posted

Actually, it's not. The majority of us do not play to compete, but to cooperate. See ya!

Posted

Since people are gearing ofcourse they die faster, yesterday bheg had 15 people at it when it died.

on my channel there were over 40 people, sooo... great anecdotal evidence there, guy.

Posted

Playerbase would have dropped by at least 20% even without the p2w news. At least 20% will go back to WoW for a while, like every single year.  Pre-patch hit and one of the most important features will hit today so yeah.. 

At the end of the day they can still server merge and if they do it there will be more players and more node wars than ever before. And so far at least on Alustin it doesnt look like there are a lot less people playing. Node Wars are kinda meh but thats mostly because of Valencia Nodes right now rather than less players.