• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is this an exploit?

30 posts in this topic

Posted

I have noticed and reported a number of players, and in one case a repeat offender, for possible botting/macro use in Red Battlefield.

The players in question basically run back in forth to avoid the kick mechanic. Now of course you could manually do this, but this is a set pattern that is used by each player I have seen.

It seems this is a AFK mechanic, probably from a Pay site. 

My question is whether or not this is allowed, as I have never had a confirming response and would like to know if it is worthwhile to keep reporting this

Posted

No, it is not allowed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have noticed and reported a number of players, and in one case a repeat offender, for possible botting/macro use in Red Battlefield.

The players in question basically run back in forth to avoid the kick mechanic. Now of course you could manually do this, but this is a set pattern that is used by each player I have seen.

It seems this is a AFK mechanic, probably from a Pay site. 

My question is whether or not this is allowed, as I have never had a confirming response and would like to know if it is worthwhile to keep reporting this

Any chance you can record what you are seeing? May help others to see what you are talking about. I do RBF 1-5 times every day and haven't witnessed this, at least not on Orwen in the RBF's i've been in. 

I could absolutely see people botting to keep from having to actually do RBF yet still earn seals, but also it seems like an easy way to get caught.

1 person likes this

Posted

going back and forth is called auto pathing and rbf is a flawed system anyways

1 person likes this

Posted

^ this. It's neither an exploit nor disallowed.

It is a bit ridiculous to allow it, but allowing people to artificially boost their stats over the limits of Restricted-RBF using food and hidden-stat gear is ridiculous too. 

Posted

It's not allowed, if you are afk in RBF there is a mechanic to kick you out of it for a reason. If people use autopath for a long time in rbf it means they are afk/not participating and just trying to avoid auto-kick so yes please just report them. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Any chance you can record what you are seeing? May help others to see what you are talking about. I do RBF 1-5 times every day and haven't witnessed this, at least not on Orwen in the RBF's i've been in. 

I could absolutely see people botting to keep from having to actually do RBF yet still earn seals, but also it seems like an easy way to get caught.

I have stills that show it. If Daum replies that it is something they will deal with, I will start video recording.

It is right at the spawn spot next to the vendor. 1 out of 5 RB for me on Edan. 

I am not sure it is auto pathing, as it is in the same location and uses the same pattern with different players. Now even if it is auto pathing, it would still be exploiting, because it is using one game mechanic to subvert another. That would fit the definition.

Posted

I have stills that show it. If Daum replies that it is something they will deal with, I will start video recording.

It is right at the spawn spot next to the vendor. 1 out of 5 RB for me on Edan. 

I am not sure it is auto pathing, as it is in the same location and uses the same pattern with different players. Now even if it is auto pathing, it would still be exploiting, because it is using one game mechanic to subvert another. That would fit the definition.

Unfortunately, "using one game mechanic to subvert another" covers a wide-range of game activities.

Take the example I provided above: If you use food or non-sheet stats to enhance your character above the restrictions permitted in RBF, you are exploiting by "using one game mechanic to subvert another". By your definition.

If Daum wants to disallow this mechanic, that's one thing - but it's currently possible and allowed in game - so what you or I consider exploit is irrelevant.

TL:DR: Maybe an Exploit. Maybe not. It is currently allowed by game mechanics. Wait for an admin response.

Posted

It is right at the spawn spot next to the vendor. 1 out of 5 RB for me on Edan

That is ballsy. I would be surprised if AutoLoop works in the RBF, the made it so you can't process or anything like that in there, maybe they missed disabling this feature. I will check when I get home tonight. If AutoLoop wasn't disabled that is just an oversight, and something they should fix. If AutoLoop is disabled, then they are definitely using something else if multiple people are running the EXACT same loop.

Posted

That is ballsy. I would be surprised if AutoLoop works in the RBF, the made it so you can't process or anything like that in there, maybe they missed disabling this feature. I will check when I get home tonight. If AutoLoop wasn't disabled that is just an oversight, and something they should fix. If AutoLoop is disabled, then they are definitely using something else if multiple people are running the EXACT same loop.

I guarantee it's autoloop. Do it all the time.

Welcome to the undergeared PvP experience. You need the RBF participation rewards, but can't really actively participate due to current Gear standards.

Posted

Welcome to the undergeared PvP experience. You need the RBF participation rewards, but can't really actively participate due to current Gear standards.

There you go, I wasn't sure if you could AutoLoop in RBF. 

I feel for you, I've been saying since day 1 they need like 4 different RBF for different Gear Scores. At the Bare minimum they should have 1 RBF option that equalizes everyone's sheet ap/dp. This would allow everyone to experience an element of the game that currently a lot of people can't enjoy. I am sitting on close to 420 GS and still get absolutely destroyed by some REALLY geared people.

Posted

You go in to a scenario where you know you are supposed to participate in to receive the benefit of the said scenario. But, instead because you feel it is to hard for you, you decide to just milk the rewards from the other people.

Explain to me how this does not make you an asshole? And why it should not be address by Daum?

Posted

RBF itself has close to no reward, the daily is the reason 70% of people join. With the horrible balance of RBF its not uncommon to have to spend nearly 2hours in there a day to finish the daily because you're stuck on the losing team 5/5 matches. 

Posted (edited)

You go in to a scenario where you know you are supposed to participate in to receive the benefit of the said scenario. But, instead because you feel it is to hard for you, you decide to just milk the rewards from the other people.

Explain to me how this does not make you an asshole? And why it should not be address by Daum?

IF it is not intended, it should be addressed by Daum as a bug. I think focus should be placed on creating a better "Scenario" as you call it.

There are all sorts of ways to participate: I help my team win by not giving away my 10+ points to the enemy team. You think it's more valuable to force people to play the way you want, even if it's worse off for their TEAM? There's no "I" in "Team", niccodemure. Don't be a selfish asshole.

TL;DR: Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one.

Edited by way2bord

Posted (edited)

Well does it really matter? :)

Edited by Junkpile
1 person likes this

Posted

IF it is not intended, it should be addressed by Daum as a bug. I think focus should be placed on creating a better "Scenario" as you call it.

There are all sorts of ways to participate: I help my team win by not giving away my 10+ points to the enemy team. You think it's more valuable to force people to play the way you want, even if it's worse off for their TEAM? There's no "I" in "Team", niccodemure. Don't be a selfish asshole.

TL;DR: Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one.

"IF" ?  You know it is not intended, otherwise you could just stand still.

You are not participating or learning to be a better player by subverting the systems.

It is not the way I want as I am not a developer or an employee of Daum. 

"Don't be a selfish asshole"  This is called projecting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

RBF itself has close to no reward, the daily is the reason 70% of people join. With the horrible balance of RBF its not uncommon to have to spend nearly 2hours in there a day to finish the daily because you're stuck on the losing team 5/5 matches. 

Yeah, I do think most people do it for the Energy reward.  However I can say that I am much better at PvP due to the time I spend inside. As a Tamer I already have a bit of a hurdle, but I have learned to use what I have much more effectively.

I really think even without any real organization it is a great practice ground.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is exactly why I hate it when they put a tangible reward behind instanced pvp.

You're going to get people who afk / hide in the corner and don't participate just to get it.

Instead of getting rewards for wins / losses it should be for kills / assists and the win or loss should be a minor multiplier (like x1.15 if you win)

Edited by bakimono

Posted

This is exactly why I hate it when they put a tangible reward behind instanced pvp.

You're going to get people who afk / hide in the corner and don't participate just to get it.

Instead of getting rewards for wins / losses it should be for kills / assists and the win or loss should be a minor multiplier (like x1.15 if you win)

Before that they should fix too many issues, related to the lack of class balance. I will give you a simple example, the rangers actually do targeted combat as they can lock their targets, as the warriors do nontargeted combat. So if you move with a ranger you keep shooting on target, if you move with a warrior, you lose your target, so you should keep the direction all the time. Respectively the warriors make lowest scores, the rangers highest.

Posted (edited)

"IF" ?  You know it is not intended, otherwise you could just stand still.

You are not participating or learning to be a better player by subverting the systems.

It is not the way I want as I am not a developer or an employee of Daum. 

"Don't be a selfish asshole"  This is called projecting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Yeah, I do think most people do it for the Energy reward.  However I can say that I am much better at PvP due to the time I spend inside. As a Tamer I already have a bit of a hurdle, but I have learned to use what I have much more effectively.

I really think even without any real organization it is a great practice ground.

You aren't a developer and shouldn't push your views on others. This is called humor (and you're the butt!) Hey, Listen: Link

However, I can say that I am much better at PvP due to the time I spend inside. As an archer, I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the RBF, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top ranger in the entire server. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you out with accuracy the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Valencia and your location is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your tamer. You’re dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Kzarka and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re dead, kiddo.

Edited by way2bord

Posted

Which is something I never understood.

I tried AFKing once in a TERA battleground to get points toward whatever it was at the time.

It was incredibly boring, and the points I got were minimal.

After that I just stuck to slaughtering everyone. It filled me with far more glee and my points tripled.

Posted

Which is something I never understood.

I tried AFKing once in a TERA battleground to get points toward whatever it was at the time.

It was incredibly boring, and the points I got were minimal.

After that I just stuck to slaughtering everyone. It filled me with far more glee and my points tripled.

The point is that people do it while they do something else.

Like I'm watching a movie but running a BG in the background or on a second computer so I can make progress while not actually playing. (not saying I do that, giving an example)

I don't understand it either, but it annoys the heck out of me and is largely why I don't do instanced pvp anymore unless there's no real reward to speak of.

Posted

The point is that people do it while they do something else.
Like I'm watching a movie but running a BG in the background or on a second computer so I can make progress while not actually playing. (not saying I do that, giving an example)

I don't understand it either, but it annoys the heck out of me and is largely why I don't do instanced pvp anymore unless there's no real reward to speak of.

People ruin everything.

Posted

People ruin everything.

Indeed.

The world would be a wonderful place if not for all the people.

Posted

I'd get where you're coming from ideally, but they start giving you that Daily pretty early so a lot of people are largely incapable of affecting the battles, and no one does Limited. Not to mention people doing RBF at all these days is extremely rare.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Karaad

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0