• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New Classes For BD

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't know about you guys but i want to see a bard class in Black Desert. I don't think we have a real healer/support class in the game yet, and before you say it yes i know the wizard/witch can heal but when it comes down to it they really are DPS based classes. I think a class focused on healing and/or buffing allies is a good idea and should be introduced to the game. Some classes i think would be ideal for this would be well Bard like i wrote earlier and maybe Priest/Priestess. Bard could be a class focusing on short duration buffs and have a heal that heals over a short amount of time, The priest/priestess would be more healing focused and have a few small buff spells to.

I really think it would be a good idea to add one or both of the classes i listed above or maybe more, If you think it's a bad idea then oh well but if you like the idea then like the post and comment on it so we can get the creators to add it to the game, or think about it at the very least. :)

Edited by Mobasa
Spelling -.-
2 people like this

Posted

how would they level doe

3 people like this

Posted

how would they level doe

They would RP all day.

Posted

Well I would not mind if the add more classes every year but I doub't a Bard would be a top priority in KR.

The next class for this year in Kr is the Dark Elf 

i12411382520.jpg

It was part of the news about the new expansions early this year. Considering the added now the first part with the ocean expansion last month we can hope the add the new Dwarf/Giant land and the new class around Xmas but this would still mean next year for us.........

Posted

would love to see a dwarf class with a big fkn hammer as weapon :D

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Do not want to mention the Shai tribe as playable class. NA community will start a sh--storm from pedo to loli.  

Edited by Zirkahn

Posted

Do not want to mention the Shai tribe as playable class. NA community will start a sh--storm from pedo to loli.  

NA community will start some shitstorm for everything anyway :)

Posted

NA community will start some shitstorm for everything anyway :)

yes - there is already a thread - and the NA shitstorm:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/91476-as-a-big-fan-of-cute-races-in-mmorpgs-i-hope-that-they-make-the-shai-playable-someday/&page=1

1 person likes this

Posted

Only dwarves. I want a dwarves huntsman or gunner or hammer wielded ANYTHGING DWARF PLEASSE GOD

Posted

Cleric! I really, really want to play a healing/support class. REALLY.

Posted

Cleric! I really, really want to play a healing/support class. REALLY.

How about a combination of this and the dwarf class and we get dwarven battle priest?  Some healing, buffs/debuffs, and attack skills (With a hammer) that grant effects on successful hits?  Off hand with a shield for a tanky roll.  It gets aggro grabing skills, or a debuff on targets in PVP if they attack anyone besides the dwarf.  For awakening weapons, give them a censer, they can cast wide area support spells and do ranged combat. 

Posted

I wanna be a Hobbit Bard. I'm 4'11 (and 28 years old :'S) and I'm a musician......I'd totally play that race and class.  (and yes I know thats a Dwarf in the picture)

an-unexpected-party-music-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-35362529-250-250.gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

How about a combination of this and the dwarf class and we get dwarven battle priest?  Some healing, buffs/debuffs, and attack skills (With a hammer) that grant effects on successful hits?  Off hand with a shield for a tanky roll.  It gets aggro grabing skills, or a debuff on targets in PVP if they attack anyone besides the dwarf.  For awakening weapons, give them a censer, they can cast wide area support spells and do ranged combat. 

when i imagine a dwarf class i can see him with a axe hammer or some sort of musket weapon. We already have muskets in the game and they are usable for all classes so that is unlikely but a hammer or axe wielding dwarf class would be cool. As for a priest why not make him/her human or undead (the last one is probably not happening i know) and as for the hobbit idea it's a good one, or so i think

Edited by Mobasa

Posted

when i imagine a dwarf class i can see him with a ax hammer ore some sort of musket weapon. We already have muskets in the game and they are usable for all classes so that is unlikely but a hammer ore ax wielding dwarf class would be cool. As for a priest why not make him/her human ore undead (the last one is probably not happening i know) and as for the hobbit idea it's a good one, ore so i think

For a dwarf class :)   I'd like to see them get represented once their homeland is out.  And I also hope to see a Calphonian Musketeer at some point, since that country uses firearms so heavily. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it would cool to have a Scholar/Vampire class - that is inspired buy the Tudors and the jewelry they created... with good trading, fighting and magic skills...I think they should should use silver weapons, and jewellery such as belt, bracelts, necklaces and hand held orbs for attacks and summoning....

It would be great to summon armour, mechanical and mist entities to fight enemies and use as mounts... eventually becoming an incredible rich vampire as a result of the class! And be a class that can stand on its own but linked to trading as well!

2014-0602-elizabethorb.jpgvampire_hunter_d_by_midorisa-d8oerlv.jpg

dark robe.jpg

Posted

I think that devs touched on this topic upon release. I remember seeing something saying that they don't want any one healer class being mandatory in order to win guild fights and such.

Posted (edited)

I think it would cool to have a Scholar/Vampire class - that is inspired buy the Tudors and the jewelry they created... with good trading, fighting and magic skills...I think they should should use silver weapons, and jewellery such as belt, bracelts, necklaces and hand held orbs for attacks and summoning....

It would be great to summon armour, mechanical and mist entities to fight enemies and use as mounts... eventually becoming an incredible rich vampire as a result of the class! And be a class that can stand on its own but linked to trading as well!

Necro the thread aye.

Edited by Reckdt

Posted

Necro the thread aye.

I guess I did...but I didn't wanna make a new thread if one exists...so maybe I'm Neo Necro the thread ;)

Posted (edited)

I want a bard class, however i want it to be dps with skills that apply a lot of debuffs and dot damage to the enemy. I DO NOT WANT TO BE A HEALING BUFF SLAVE.

I also want it to be a male class.....

2014-0602-elizabethorb.jpgvampire_hunter_d_by_midorisa-d8oerlv.jpg

dark robe.jpg

I lowkey want valk to be able to summon armor..... Most likley never happening.

Edited by KeenEye

Posted

Dwarven Gunner

Mainhand: Rifle//Double pistols.

Offhand: 1 Hand Hammer (stuns)

Awakening: Dwarven Gatling Gun

Posted

Male DK 

Posted (edited)

I want a bard class, however i want it to be dps with skills that apply a lot of debuffs and dot damage to the enemy. I DO NOT WANT TO BE A HEALING BUFF SLAVE.

I thought about this also, wouldn't it be really cool if you could play songs and get money from NPC's!? Aside from normal buffing slave...But I think an active de-buffer might wreck the core idea of the game - better to have this as a skill active in the background with a chance at occurring as player attacks and focus on musical, magical and attack skills.

I mean this class would be great for creating more interaction in the Pubs - which I think need some mini games in them..

Male DK 

I agree we need male Elfs... but think it is really funny how outside game male players are in game females - which does make the female and male avatars numbers in the world look more even - which I think adds to the experience.

Edited by AmbientSoda
1 person likes this

Posted

I thought about this also, wouldn't it be really cool if you could play songs and get money from NPC's!? Aside from normal buffing slave...But I think an active de-buffer might wreck the core idea of the game - better to have this as a skill active in the background with a chance at occurring as player attacks and focus on musical, magical and attack skills.

I mean this class would be great for creating more interaction in the Pubs - which I think need some mini games in them..

I agree we need male Elfs... but think it is really funny how outside game male players are in game females - which does make the female and male avatars numbers in the world look more even - which I think adds to the experience.

I have no issues with male gamers playing females...sometimes...Overly sexualizing a character just because it's a female  or even male is really annoying to me. I simply would appreciate the option to play a male elf, especially with the style of combat and enviroments that BDO houses. Outside of BDO, I've never seen such logic in life that have elfs being a female only race. The question I would ask them is..why? Why limit yourself in terms of content and player creation in such a manner? IMO I think that's what drives many of us mad with Eastern Devs. They cry about not having enough money, but put little effort into creating what the players want, i.e male ranger (which they had then scrapped for female), male tamer, male sorc, and now male DK. I know the trend says that we should get a male DK, but I have a feeling it won't be an elf. It'll be like uhh...Belorn or whatever the hell his name is. If we don't get a male DK, the next class better be male only, and I don't want to see any bull whining about wanting a female counterpart of it from people. 

Posted

I have no issues with male gamers playing females...sometimes...Overly sexualizing a character just because it's a female  or even male is really annoying to me. I simply would appreciate the option to play a male elf, especially with the style of combat and enviroments that BDO houses. Outside of BDO, I've never seen such logic in life that have elfs being a female only race. The question I would ask them is..why? Why limit yourself in terms of content and player creation in such a manner? IMO I think that's what drives many of us mad with Eastern Devs. They cry about not having enough money, but put little effort into creating what the players want, i.e male ranger (which they had then scrapped for female), male tamer, male sorc, and now male DK. I know the trend says that we should get a male DK, but I have a feeling it won't be an elf. It'll be like uhh...Belorn or whatever the hell his name is. If we don't get a male DK, the next class better be male only, and I don't want to see any bull whining about wanting a female counterpart of it from people. 

Yeah, I agree - I never understood why there was no male elf - as a male elf ranger was initially in the content for release...but I do think having gender locked classes has made the male and female avatars in the world more even than in others games...which is kinda cool when playing the game itself and taking in the environments; so I can see how it has worked out...

I don't think next class will be like Belorn because he is basically a male wizard...But I heard someone data mined the game and found skills for a unarmed fighter - so we may be in store for Monk or something...