• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New Classes For BD

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I agree - I never understood why there was no male elf - as a male elf ranger was initially in the content for release...but I do think having gender locked classes has made the male and female avatars in the world more even than in others games...which is kinda cool when playing the game itself and taking in the environments; so I can see how it has worked out...

I don't think next class will be like Belorn because he is basically a male wizard...But I heard someone data mined the game and found skills for a unarmed fighter - so we may be in store for Monk or something...

Well according to the rest of the lore story in Kamasylve in Korea, I highly doubt it will be a monk (thank god, would honestly suck) and I doubt it would be an unarmed fighter because then what would he/she be using in weapon slot O.o might possibly be a gauntlet class but that's not really considered unarmed as most gauntlets end up having spikes/blades/daggers and all kinds of others things on them (honestly punching someone with gauntlets that are just metal fists would make no sense and be completely lame) but if you want to consider that unarmed then you might as well say any class holding a sword is as well since gauntlets are still a weapon, just like brass knuckles.

Edited by Excisionex

Posted

I'm only repeating what I heard - but when I say unarmed fighter; I didn't mean bare knuckle fighter lol...I expect the class would have some kind of gauntlet weapon...but I think a BDO boxer class would be so boring...and unless the skill was like crafting where anyone could do it - have have bar brawls for fun and boxing competitions...

I kinda feel I got 60% of what I wanted with new dark knight class, and love the one gauntleted arm, mixing sword skills with dark magic; as I loved Valkyrie but hated gender lock- but still want male elf and dark elf characters...

Posted (edited)

I'm only repeating what I heard - but when I say unarmed fighter; I didn't mean bare knuckle fighter lol...I expect the class would have some kind of gauntlet weapon...but I think a BDO boxer class would be so boring...and unless the skill was like crafting where anyone could do it - have have bar brawls for fun and boxing competitions...

I kinda feel I got 60% of what I wanted with new dark knight class, and love the one gauntleted arm, mixing sword skills with dark magic; as I loved Valkyrie but hated gender lock- but still want male elf and dark elf characters...

Everyone is thinking it would be cool if it was a gauntlet class like KFM in BnS, I'd love it a hell of a lot more if it was a gauntlet class like Brawler from Tera, great AOE and multi target attacks as well as being able to block, with really nice movement abilities. I feel you though a boxer class would be boring as hell, and I don't see the realism in hitting a mob that has armor on with your fists and actually killing him :3 especially a world boss which is a giant ass mob (like kzarka), killing/hitting him with your fist or (even fist type gauntlets) would be kind of strange, like throwing a pebble at a giant, so it would most likely be gauntlets with some type of blade at the end.

Edited by Excisionex
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Everyone is thinking it would be cool if it was a gauntlet class like KFM in BnS, I'd love it a hell of a lot more if it was a gauntlet class like Brawler from Tera, great AOE and multi target attacks as well as being able to block, with really nice movement abilities. I feel you though a boxer class would be boring as hell, and I don't see the realism in hitting a mob that has armor on with your fists and actually killing him :3 especially a world boss which is a giant ass mob (like kzarka), killing/hitting him with your fist or (even fist type gauntlets) would be kind of strange, like throwing a pebble at a giant, so it would most likely be gauntlets with some type of blade at the end.

KFM does have AOE abilities, side step evasions, and counters for their block which is already a thing in BDO ( think Musa) and if you want Brawler you might as well request Muskan style weapons which would make the playable race a hybrid of Giant/Human effectively making it male only and part of the giant/dwarf area set to be released in the near future. Even if the datamine is correct, and the next class is a gauntlent wielding class, it'll work just fine as a monk. Strengthing and conditioning ones mind and body the way monks do would give them the power behind the punches to do damage. Not to mention the bosses don't really have armor until their below a certain HP% and a monk would have knowledge of how to exploit the weaker points of the body and armor. A monk who is use to punching through the rocks that inhabit the mountainous (or supposed) regions of the giant and dwarf area would have little trouble punching through flesh, bone, and causing major damage to those in arm.

Edited by Kaivon

Posted

Everyone is thinking it would be cool if it was a gauntlet class like KFM in BnS

You know i remember the gauntlet class of orcs in Lineage 2 which looked cool...but I'm unsure if this class could work, and Kaivon isn't that already what the sorceress does!?

Posted

You know i remember the gauntlet class of orcs in Lineage 2 which looked cool...but I'm unsure if this class could work, and Kaivon isn't that already what the sorceress does!?

Sorc uses dark magic. She doesn't really attack like a monk would at all.

Posted

Sorc uses dark magic. She doesn't really attack like a monk would at all.

Well Striker has put all the mystery to an end...I'm hoping that we eventually get a robed alchemist class - that uses skills similar to Full Metal Alchemist!

Posted

Well Striker has put all the mystery to an end...I'm hoping that we eventually get a robed alchemist class - that uses skills similar to Full Metal Alchemist!

I remember awhile back when PA gave an interview that the KR community was interested in. Shai class. If they were to produce an alchemist it would probably be that race with their extensive knowledge of potions and the land. That would be fun to have a class that works like that. 

But yes, Striker Hype. Horde PVE Defense Inc. I am finally happy with this game.

Posted

It would feel so strange kicking ass as a Shai - they be sooo small and cute looking!