• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Whats the point of Karma?

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Today I was soloing sausans, just farming the main area on my own, when 2 guys come up (much weaker than I am) start stealing a couple of spawns. I can't get the full rotation even if I can mostly 2-3 shot the groups because the areas simply too big, they run in the opposite direction as me and start killing the small straggler mobs.

I flag up and start trying to defend my area, and these two die almost instantly everytime... but they keep coming back, over and over and over again.

Eventually I'm getting more and more punished and in the complete red karma wise, I lose my grind spot...and I can't even fight back to defend my area (albeit unwillingly) everyone is simply red but untargetable. without being pushed into the red more.

So what is the point here exactly? The stronger player, who was there first, capable of fending for himself is punished? Isn't this game supposed to be hailed as a haven for pvp?

Edited by thekryptkeeper

Posted (edited)

So what is the point here exactly? The stronger player, who was there first, capable of fending for himself is punished? Isn't this game supposed to be hailed as a haven for pvp?

LOOOOOOOL

But on a sidenote..... the STRONGER Player would simply outfarm them, otherwise he isn´t the "stronger" Player.

Ad its not your Spot, otherwise it would be a personal Instance.

If you really think IT IS your Spot, pay for it, and the currency is Karma.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

It's the faulty karma system we have that a player don't loose xp at PvP death (I do like this I will say that).

Problem is that they can release at node at be back no time and keep karma griefing.

What they could do is some penalty for dying in PvP:

-Release at Node = loose 1% xp
-Release at Town = no xp penalty

They should also make the player loose abit less karma imo.

Posted (edited)

LOOOOOOOL

But on a sidenote..... the STRONGER Player would simply outfarm them, otherwise he isn´t the "stronger" Player.

Ad its not your Spot, otherwise it would be a personal Instance.

If you really think IT IS your Spot, pay for it, and the currency is Karma.

Well i did outfarm them, pretty much all the loot was mine, but one thing I cant do is be at all spawns at all times.

Like I said, when they turn a 180 and break off and go farm the other half of the area all of the spawns become off kilter. It's not about having to follow these guys around and fight for every mob, shouldn't be that way.

The point is that I should be able to flag up, kill these two because I am clearly way stronger, and have them find a new place. It's not my spot by any birthright but because I can fight for it, which I did, but surprise surprise... only im the one being punished for it.

Edited by thekryptkeeper

Posted

Funny thing, Karma griefing is impossible, because its YOU that make it possible or not.

You CANT be Karma griefed if YOU dont want it.

Posted

Well i did outfarm them, pretty much all the loot was mine, but one thing I cant do is be at all spawns at all times.

Like I said, when they turn a 180 and break off and go farm the other half of the area all of the spawns become off kilter. It's not about having to follow these guys around and fight for every mob, shouldn't be that way.

The point is that I should be able to flag up, kill these two because I am clearly way stronger, and have them find a new place. It's not my spot by any birthright but because I can fight for it, which I did, but surprise surprise... only im the one being punished for it.

...Wait...

So a group of new players came into the area, saw you were solo-farming, "turned 180" and went in the complete opposite direction of you - killed stragglers and side camps that you weren't fighting at the time because "you can't be at all spawns at all times"...

...and you're mad because they weren't punished when you ganked them? 

Did I read this wrong?

TL;DR: "Salt."

Posted

...Wait...

So a group of new players came into the area, saw you were solo-farming, "turned 180" and went in the complete opposite direction of you - killed stragglers and side camps that you weren't fighting at the time because "you can't be at all spawns at all times"...

...and you're mad because they weren't punished when you ganked them? 

Did I read this wrong?

TL;DR: "Salt."

game seems like a p2w casuals haven now

Posted

Salt.

ikr.

Posted

Revenge of the casuals

Posted

So two players see you and go elsewhere to grind mobs and you go out of your way to go kill them?

Like I said, when they turn a 180 and break off and go farm the other half of the area

1 person likes this

Posted

Revenge of the casuals

Not quite.

The system used to heavily favor griefing by PvP, now it favors griefing by PvE - but also offers a bit of noob protection thrown into the mix. All in all - same griefing, but slightly better story for new players.

TL;DR: Revenge of the "carebears" is more appropriate.

Posted

Didn't mom ever teach you to share?

Posted

The Karma system exists to help you delevel gear you want to use to build fail stacks.

Maybe tighten your rotation so that you are always at the spot where the mobs are just spawning?

Posted

Elsewhere? There is one main entire rotation of sausans, they run it going the opposite direction

Except you said "they turn a 180 and break off and go farm the other half of the area" which could easily mean they aren't doing the same rotation as you. If you are doing a rotation that huge, maybe you should find a shorter one. ^-^

Nonetheless, sounds like you went out of your way to go kill two people who noticed you and decided to try and stay away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0