• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Developer Response to Update Backlash?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

So I'm not particularly opinionated either way about this whole Cash Shop/Marketplace fiasco. That being said I have been following it, talking to people in the in-game chat, reading forums posts, etc. Although it's all I've seen from the community since the post on Thursday (or whatever day) I haven't seen much of any type of response from the GMs, I did see Jouska say he was just taking everything in which is good to know, I guess? I'd been looking around for any type of response from the team since then and just wanted to know if they would follow through with these changes, roll them back, or whatever. I suppose I'm just confused because the patch lands on Wednesday right? That leaves... a day for them to respond? Or are they just gonna drop the update on us? I'm in this game until Crowfall comes out anyway so I'm just looking for information.

Posted

So I'm not particularly opinionated either way about this whole Cash Shop/Marketplace fiasco. That being said I have been following it, talking to people in the in-game chat, reading forums posts, etc. Although it's all I've seen from the community since the post on Thursday (or whatever day) I haven't seen much of any type of response from the GMs, I did see Jouska say he was just taking everything in which is good to know, I guess? I'd been looking around for any type of response from the team since then and just wanted to know if they would follow through with these changes, roll them back, or whatever. I suppose I'm just confused because the patch lands on Wednesday right? That leaves... a day for them to respond? Or are they just gonna drop the update on us? I'm in this game until Crowfall comes out anyway so I'm just looking for information.

we are all wondering the same thing. Why make an announcement ahead of time to collect feedback if they dont address our concerns?

1 person likes this

Posted

They wont say anything because no matter what they say, it will backfire more. They will just implement the Patch wednesday and wait it out, see how the playerbase decreases. If it decreases too much they'll announce the game is going to be f2p.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

I haven't seen much of any type of response from the GMs

And you never will outside of them saying it's turned on and outlining the restrictions.

If (and I do mean if) we get a response it will be a canned response from Kakao or PA about how they feel like it's best for the game and our opinions matter.

it's been this way for awhile, at very least since the sorc bug blunder (that they still stand by was working as intended even though the subsequent two patches after saying it was working perfectly and well tested they adjusted it)

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted

I dont care even if they respond a min before the pach i just want not to make the game full p2w.

Posted

Well, as per their general plan of attack, they will "Let the emotional players burn out first from responding without answers" then compile feedback.

1 person likes this

Posted

They have made some attempt, you can check the logs of the PM and CM, but for the most part they arent addressing and making the response known to everyone.

Plus, how exactly do you respond to a bunch of proxy account who is set in stone sole in purpose to be in this forum is to trash talk everyone who isnt in their side? 

Posted

Some valid points, and I'm not surprised, as does everyone else I just want some news on it. xD

Posted (edited)

It is likely (given their actions since adapting their new name) that they will not utter a word until after patch notes are posted and I envision the message to appear something like this. 

"After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates.  We have heard and reviewed the feedback stemming from the community regarding this decision.  

We appreciate the time the community has taken to share their thoughts regarding this decision. Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert and we think NA/EU will actually appreciate this change to a pay to win environment as it will actually allow us to maintain the servers instead of wasting all of the funds we've received to date on crappy servers and meaningless investigations into server stability.

- Players will be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place for a maximum of an unearned 500M per week.

We are closing community feedback on this topic and we encourage you to share your thoughts after purchasing your shiny new items from the Pearl Shop or Marketplace in this thread -->>HERE. You can also now use prepaid cards for all your Pearl shopping needs.

Thank you as always your polished and perfected

-Kakao Team

NOTE The message contained in this post is my opinion of what will be occurring regarding this situation. It contains salt. If you are allergic, please refrain from ingesting the full scope of the words written. Thanks T

Note 2 - The message above is not an actual message written by Daum or Kakao but honestly at this point it could be...amirite???

Edited by Trixologist
2 people like this

Posted

Any sort of response would be amazing, that's all we want. We'd rather have a response than silence; even if it's thanking us for the feedback, whether or not you've presented or planning to present all this information (community responses) to Pearl Abyss, or asking us which we would prefer based on all the different suggestions we've made in the thread linked below. The only impression we get about silence is that you are saying to us is that you don't care. Even something as simple as "Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your patience. Keep the feedback coming!" is better than nothing until Wednesday, it gives some players hope

@PM_Jouska, have you at least acknowledged this thread? There's all your feedback in 1 thread for your convenience, as well as a detailed list of suggestions. We're doing all we can. In the past, we've been told that information has been sent to PA in a different situation (from @GM_Dew regarding Warrior's current state), could you please tell us if you've presented this info or planning to present this info to PA?

Posted (edited)

Why make an announcement ahead of time to collect feedback if they dont address our concerns?

I would assume it is to see how much of an uproar it actually creates.

If there is player outrage for a day or two but then it fizzles out (like with the Value Pack) than they'll know it won't be hugely damaging to go through with it. But if a week after the announcement players are still going crazy about it... well, than maybe it's worth going back to the drawing board.

I also hold out hope that Daum EU wants to create the best Black Desert version it can, both in terms of player enjoyment and financial success. Their community team knows where the playerbase stands on the P2W issue because they've been attempting to soothe our concerns about it since before launch. They know what this change will do, and though they may not be able to prevent it, I do think they will do what they can to convey our opposition to the developers. Having a week's worth of upheaval to go to the developers with may help them stop it.

Edited by scau

Posted

hey look a fellow crowlling!!

Posted

As it stands, i'm hoping that they follow what they did with the dyes and cap the sale price on costumes. If they don't do that then people will do nothing but complain and call this game p2w (just wait til boss gear gets put into the cash shop, ladies).

Posted

Because they dont care.  You will see an announcement for maint.  Then another one with patch notes.  Thats all you will get from this company.

Posted (edited)

Y'know, if they make it so that he price max is around 30-40m, I would be pretty content with it. 200m is easily made, and spend if unlucky, in a week. This way the people that have less time and do want to be competetive can "keep up" (quotations because rng is rng) by selling costumes. I'd still prefer a stricter limit on the amount sold per week. 5 per month with auggested limit in cash gain would barely tip the scale but still help out both parties.

I am not pro p2w but, if their intent is true, they should add in stricter limitations to stay away from p2w yet help out the less money spending part of the community who can't get it forsome reason. 

Edited by Nihillian

Posted

People are under the impression that because Daum aren't saying anything they are ignoring the community when in fact that are waiting for the update to happen so that the community can then discuss the patch WITH ALL THE FACTS INSTEAD OF MAKING STUFF UP.

Not doing what you want =/= ignoring the community, people seem to forget that others disagree with them. 

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Y'know, if they make it so that he price max is around 30-40m, I would be pretty content with it. 200m is easily made, and spend if unlucky, in a week. This way the people that have less time and do want to be competetive can "keep up" (quotations because rng is rng) by selling costumes. I'd still prefer a stricter limit on the amount sold per week. 5 per month with auggested limit in cash gain would barely tip the scale but still help out both parties.

I am not pro p2w but, if their intent is true, they should add in stricter limitations to stay away from p2w yet help out the less money spending part of the community who can't get it forsome reason. 

So you'd basically be ok with paying $1 for 1M in game cash?...Oh wait taxes. o.O

Edited by Trixologist

Posted

People are under the impression that because Daum aren't saying anything they are ignoring the community when in fact that are waiting for the update to happen so that the community can then discuss the patch WITH ALL THE FACTS INSTEAD OF MAKING STUFF UP.

Not doing what you want =/= ignoring the community, people seem to forget that others disagree with them. 

It wouldnt hurt if they just say "We are waiting for the update to come live, and wait 2 weeks to gather feedback".

Silence in this doesnt help, since everyone just speculate.

Posted

They wont say anything because no matter what they say, it will backfire more. They will just implement the Patch wednesday and wait it out, see how the playerbase decreases. If it decreases too much they'll announce the game is going to be f2p.

This is exactly what will happens. Can't wait.

1 person likes this

Posted

It wouldnt hurt if they just say "We are waiting for the update to come live, and wait 2 weeks to gather feedback".

Silence in this doesnt help, since everyone just speculate.

Actually it would, as people would complain "Why aren't you listening to our opinions?" "The community doesn't want this" "I'm quitting if you don't remove this patch".

Meanwhile, the players who don't use the forums and don't care about this patch or realise that it's not actually P2W are playing the game. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

So you'd basically be ok with paying $1 for 1M in game cash?...Oh wait taxes. o.O

well, goldsellers did less/a tiny bit more for that price and people were willing.

2m per €1 would be generous. Anything higher is going towards true p2w.

there are people buying random dyes to get that 500k-5m. The chance at that 5m is small and gou spend lots in most cases. Selling costumes for a set price is better. 

so yes? I guess so.

Edited by Nihillian

Posted

I think you already have your response, the patch goes in, cash shop items go on sale, how much more is there to say.

Posted

Hey, how much are the taxes on 100 million items these days? (Sans value pack)

Posted

The current voluntary mods should be removed.

Posted

Actually it would, as people would complain "Why aren't you listening to our opinions?" "The community doesn't want this" "I'm quitting if you don't remove this patch".

Meanwhile, the players who don't use the forums and don't care about this patch or realise that it's not actually P2W are playing the game. 

There will always be people complaining, but that shouldn't be a reason to not communicate with the community.

I find better having a notice about it and people complaining, than not having a notice and people complaining anyway.

And besides that, if they gave us some notice it'd clear a lot of doubts and therefor less topics with just speculation, or at least a place to refer people to when those kind of topics  arise.