• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Developer Response to Update Backlash?

41 posts in this topic

Posted

NO YOU NEED A SOLUTION!! NOT JUST REROLL AND CONTINUE ALLOWING THIS BROKEN P2W SYSTEM TO EXIST WHERE CASH SHOP COSMETICS GIVE YOU ADDITIONAL STATS BOOSTS THAT YOU HAVE NO WAY OF OBTAINING WITHOUT SPENDING REAL MONEY CASH!! F*CK THAT AND ID RATHER HAVE HAVE PEOPLE SELLING THEM FOR SILVER THAN OWNING THEM AND HAVING ADVANTAGE OVER JUST BECAUSE YOUR POOR IN REAL LIFE!!!

While the caps was a bit over the top I get what you're saying, as I said I'm not really opinionated either way about it. I already have my outfits/costumes for my chars regardless and yeah I may be behind the people who dump 10hrs a day into the game but I'm getting by fine. That being said I don't have an issue with people selling items in the marketplace either.

Posted

well, goldsellers did less/a tiny bit more for that price and people were willing.

2m per €1 would be generous. Anything higher is going towards true p2w.

there are people buying random dyes to get that 500k-5m. The chance at that 5m is small and gou spend lots in most cases. Selling costumes for a set price is better. 

so yes? I guess so.

if it's not 2-4million/$1 it will not have the effect they want. I know my money will stay in my bank account if it's less. 

Posted

Definitely not dead, nor am I removing threads that adhere to the forum rules that every user agreed to when they made their account. At this stage I am taking time to read what everyone has to say, both here on the forums, Reddit, and the recent slew of e-mails I have received.  As you can imagine there is no shortage of such reading material, and once I have caught up, I will continue to do what I have always done; present your communications to all others involved.

That being said I will get back to work now, and as soon as I am given an update to share, I will be here to share it.

Only response we've been given by anyone since this announcement. 

Posted (edited)

And you never will outside of them saying it's turned on and outlining the restrictions.
If (and I do mean if) we get a response it will be a canned response from Kakao or PA about how they feel like it's best for the game and our opinions matter.

it's been this way for awhile, at very least since the sorc bug blunder (that they still stand by was working as intended even though the subsequent two patches after saying it was working perfectly and well tested they adjusted it)

I still remember EA doing exactly this with Battlefield Heroes when player made a ruckus about p2w (granted it was more direct p2w there), claiming they expect that their revenue would double in the next year. By the next year the game was closed.

Yep, don't listen to the player base, definitely is the best choice for games (even if it doesn't lead to server shutdown). /s

Edited by Noth

Posted

ehh why would they. tbh if we look in past I think kakao would be best off if they didnt post anything on the forums, or maybe completely delete the forums. 

Posted

I think their lack of response send a very clear massage: they don't care what we have to say. And honestly, why should they?

Posted

Games dead boyz if youre not in it to p2w or play casually time to move on

Posted

You know the feedback they are supposedly "collecting" is the same feedback from months ago in alpha that they apparently "collected" and nothing came out of it. Which is why the situation is what it turned to now.

Judging from history and bad credibility from this company I don't expect them to correct their actions, otherwise they would of done it in alpha which was the whole point of testing the game and receiving feedback to begin with.

The community already established months ago these changes should never hit our version and you are telling me they are just "now" collecting this information?

Posted

The announcement was to tell us what was coming.  I don't recall them asking for our permission.

We will know soon enough.  Does it matter if it is today or patch day? 

Posted

People are under the impression that because Daum aren't saying anything they are ignoring the community when in fact that are waiting for the update to happen so that the community can then discuss the patch WITH ALL THE FACTS INSTEAD OF MAKING STUFF UP.

Not doing what you want =/= ignoring the community, people seem to forget that others disagree with them. 

Source?

Posted

KR devs notoriously don't give a rat's ass about other regions

Honestly people who thought PA would care about their feedback were either naive or new to KR ports

Posted

The reason you're not seeing a response is because the "backlash" is coming from a very small vocal minority who absolutely don't matter, or carry any kind of a valid opinion about the new implementation 

Posted

Actually it would, as people would complain "Why aren't you listening to our opinions?" "The community doesn't want this" "I'm quitting if you don't remove this patch".

Meanwhile, the players who don't use the forums and don't care about this patch or realise that it's not actually P2W are playing the game. 

Look back to other Korean mmo's, it always starts like this, slowly adding mechanisms designed for maximum cash grab, and eventually it dies like every other Korean mmo. When will people learn lol, this is all hilarious to watch, it's like taking how to get rich advice from a poor person, and this IS following the exact same path as others. Greed can only win for so long, as you'd hope that people have evolved enough to catch on eventually, some more slowly than others obviously...

Some of you remind me of those people you tell a joke to, and a week or 2 later, they finally get it and have a laugh.

Posted (edited)

It wouldnt hurt if they just say "We are waiting for the update to come live, and wait 2 weeks to gather feedback".

Silence in this doesnt help, since everyone just speculate.

Actually, it would hurt a lot. It hurts every time they type something, because this community is too retarded to even have reading comprehension to begin with.

It's like every time they actually try and give us a banana a couple of the Apes just grabs it, eats it, and proceeds to jump on Jouska and mangle him.

I wouldn't be saying jack shit either. Although I'm pretty sure that it's also not that simple to just have answers for things when you most likely just have scheduled meetings every week with the rest of the people involved in the project (PA) rather than it being a thing of just calling them whenever they feel like. And then you have to put your own shit together. And he is probably right in the sense that it wouldn't be the first time Daum just lets the apes trash the room as much as they want because they behave like an overreacting Sally without knowing how things really are.

Look back to other Korean mmo's, it always starts like this, slowly adding mechanisms designed for maximum cash grab, and eventually it dies like every other Korean mmo. When will people learn lol, this is all hilarious to watch, it's like taking how to get rich advice from a poor person, and this IS following the exact same path as others. Greed can only win for so long, as you'd hope that people have evolved enough to catch on eventually, some more slowly than others obviously...

Some of you remind me of those people you tell a joke to, and a week or 2 later, they finally get it and have a laugh.

lol. This is why the world is going to crap. Dumb people are breeding more than smart people, it's sad

Good. You know what you have to do then.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

Actually, it would hurt a lot. It hurts every time they type something, because this community is too retarded to even have reading comprehension to begin with.

It's like every time they actually try and give us a banana a couple of the Apes just grabs it, eats it, and proceeds to jump on Jouska and mangle him.

I wouldn't be saying jack shit either. Although I'm pretty sure that it's also not that simple to just have answers for things when you most likely just have scheduled meetings every week with the rest of the people involved in the project (PA) rather than it being a thing of just calling them whenever they feel like. And then you have to put your own shit together. And he is probably right in the sense that it wouldn't be the first time Daum just lets the apes trash the room as much as they want because they behave like an overreacting Sally without knowing how things really are.

Good. You know what you have to do then.

Ok.......... 

Posted

Meanwhile, the players who don't use the forums and don't care about this patch or realise that it's not actually P2W are playing the game. 

Is.. this really your justification? Because people don't care or don't know... the change is alright?

There is no way you can't be trolling hard with this top quality BS...

There has been no communication. 

I know it has only been days since the announcement. But considering how short the notice for the change was.... not getting any communication, update on the game's planned direction, or just plain information on the matter at hand. The  hottest topic in the community since the announcement, just 2 days before its scheduled implementation is concerning. 

Not from the point of the issue, as the community views it, at hand. 

But from the point of the community team, we are all sitting here left wondering in the dark. Are they, the community team, even aware of what is going on with the community at large? The massive shifts that are occurring? These forums, within the game itself, reddit, youtube, twitter, and other places around the net have been used to express opinions on this change. The community has put forth a great deal of effort to make its various responses known both those for and against this change. 

But the community team, hasn't even so much as acknowledged they are aware of and seeing the various significant events occurring post announcement. 

I swear, if we receive no communication about this before it goes live. Whatever is ultimately decided, will become a secondary concern for me. A community team that doesn't or isn't able to address the community at its most significant times. Isn't any use.  

This would convince me, that all the caring and passion in the world from the community or team involved with this localization wouldn't change a darn thing. 

Going down that path we are ultimately going to get a game no one agrees with. The cultures between the west and east are significantly different in how they accept monetization in video games.  A game designed to milk hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars out of its users with an eastern monetization plan. Is not a game we embrace around these parts. Here we plan to play games and support them for months even years. We don't view games by hours of weeks as users in the east often do. 

For them playing a game for a week an occurring upwards of 60 dollars in transactions is perfectly okay, since the stint is usually accepted to be short term. 

Over here, many of us plan to continue beyond the 2 week or the end of the month.. or we did anyway. 

Trying to apply eastern methods of monetizing games in the western market frustrates me to no end... why even bother with localization if the most important aspects don't adapt! 

Hey, how much are the taxes on 100 million items these days? (Sans value pack)

If you are already spending money on posting items for additional silver... why wouldn't you have a value pack for yourself?!

1 person likes this