• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

gg rng

27 posts in this topic

Posted

so i went on an attempted upgrade spree today. 

50 million silver -> 2 million silver

duo yuria bow -> -> -> pri yuria bow

duo shultz belt -> nothing

duo bheg gloves -> -> -> pri bheg gloves (10 dura left)

tri steel dagger -> duo ->  pri steel dagger

40 starting failstacks -> more than 60 failstacks

more than 20 ap gone

most life skills at artisan/pro (nearly master on processing), 388 energy, 285 cp, 720-something skill points. some forum geniuses say this game is time-to-win. maybe i didn't time enough?

some forum geniuses say rng averages everything out. maybe i didn't rng enough? or the server average is pri weapons and no accessories?

some forum geniuses say this game is pay-to-win. maybe i didn't pay enough?

good rng gives you a chance of gaining stuff/progress; it makes you happy to get something. bad rng like in bdo makes you go backwards and lose weeks of work upgrading gear; you only get a sense of relief if you succeed. bad rng should not be in a buy-to-play game. i thought all the other aspects of the game could make up for the gear rng, but losing all that work just because the black spirit is tired/having a headache/doesn't feel like it is a bit too much.

2 people like this

Posted

Looks like someone went on a rage-enchant-spree

Some forum geniuses say HAVE A BACKUP BRO

Posted

some heavy yolo there. I tried for TRI liverto today, still sitting on DUO but I have larger fail stacks now (and a lot less stones and sharps)

Posted

Yuria?

7fbb4d492c7d87a7fe564dda52451203.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

You made it sound like you were some kinda big spender.... Nice baits

Posted

Posted (edited)

RNG is funny.

25 failstacks, got my Duo Witch Earring

Decided to do another attempt for a Duo witch earring since I have a spare of Pri witch earring. Went on a character with 20 failstacks this time, and attempt it and boom Duo Witch Earring.

2x Duo Witch Earring

Then I decided... why the hell not? Bought myself a Pri Mark of Shadow in the Market place, went back to 20 failstacks with Reblath boots and boom! Duo Mark of Shadow.

Why buy a Pri Mark? I got a few armor blackstones left, and decide to get 15 failstacks and Pri a Mark of Shadow.

So now I'm sitting at

2x Duo Witch Earring

1x Duo Mark of Shadow

1x Pri Mark of Shadow

and yesterday, I just got my Tri Liverto Blade with 33 failstacks first attempt.

BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I CAN'T GET A SINGLE BOSS ARMOR OR LIVERTO FROM THE COUNTLESS BOSS KILLS I'VE KILLED :( nor can I get any from 10000 worth of energy to the night vendor. Except for a red nose armor for like 200m and a Kzarka Staff for 130m but I don't play a witch/wizard :(

I'm not sure if I'm a lucky person or... not.

Edited by Gumo

Posted

Cry me a river...lemme get the worlds smallest violin out just for you

Posted (edited)

First, with that 50mil i would have buy a Liverto and make it at least PRI or DUO :o

once i get everything at least to DUO, i will wait to gather around 100mil+ before even attempting TRI if it just doesn't get to TRI your will have enough silver to make it back to DUO easely enough.

I also make sure my toons have at least 25 FS all around, if you go too high with one of them, at least you will have even more chance to TRI you gear, change back to an other alt, and rinse and repeat, once you have high enough FS start dropping sharp/hard stones on your DUOs

if i am not wrong the max bonus for DUO > TRI is 44FS which is still at a low 25% chance, but i could be wrong.

Edited by PawSkillZ
TYPO

Posted

Sitting on 54, 40, 38, 44, 27 failstacks from 9 attempts at TRI Liverto longbow. So far 178 mill spent excluding whatever the sharp and hard shards are worth. At PRI right now.

Cant even comprehend attempting a TET..

Posted (edited)

Sitting on 54, 40, 38, 44, 27 failstacks from 9 attempts at TRI Liverto longbow. So far 178 mill spent excluding whatever the sharp and hard shards are worth. At PRI right now.

Cant even comprehend attempting a TET..

TBH i think i will stop at TRI, higher is gambling with the devil its not even fun ._.

Even in KR, TET is hardly a thing

Edited by PawSkillZ

Posted

RNG that fills players with dread............ anxiety.............. fear..................

Sigh

So called casuals wouldn't feel like they need to p2w if catching up was less soul crushing.

I vote that RNG is nerfed or drops increased if the cash shop conundrum goes through.

Posted

Moral of the story, when it doubt, cron stone it out. (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

*cough*ranger*cough*  takes 2 days to farm everything back ... less QQ more spaming shotgun 

Posted

more than 20 ap gone

most life skills at artisan/pro (nearly master on processing), 388 energy, 285 cp, 720-something skill points. some forum geniuses say this game is time-to-win. maybe i didn't time enough?

some forum geniuses say rng averages everything out. maybe i didn't rng enough? or the server average is pri weapons and no accessories?

good rng gives you a chance of gaining stuff/progress; it makes you happy to get something. bad rng like in bdo makes you go backwards and lose weeks of work upgrading gear; you only get a sense of relief if you succeed. bad rng should not be in a buy-to-play game. i thought all the other aspects of the game could make up for the gear rng, but losing all that work just because the black spirit is tired/having a headache/doesn't feel like it is a bit too much.

If you enchant without a backup, you always lose. Live n learn.

Posted (edited)

look at these small time players complaining about pocket change...

(thats just for the last month~) 

i broke pri > duo ogre

17 manos necks (25mil each) until i got a duo + failstacks between each pri> duo failure

broke crescent ring from pri > Duo (so 3 rings and stacks for pri) three times so 9 rings in total

broke basilisk belt from pri to duo twice (so 6 belts in total) 

my guildmate enchanted red coral earring to TRI first try so i got frustrated because of all my failures and i attempted to enchant my duo earring, which failed and left me with no earring. I wanted a new red coral earring so i started enchanting 

failed 8 times from PRI > Duo and lost all stacks that i had to get from zero to pri for every enchant ( thats 24 earrings in total)

failed perhaps 10? times from zero to pri which is 20 earrings more and only then i got a SINGLE DUO RED CORAL (while my guild mate was sprouting a +3 one from first try)

i got tilted so i sold my witch earring and enchanted a duo whale earring so i gained 100 hp from there (blew a 35 failstack for pri > duo) 

i then also got mad at failing basilisks so i enchanted a tree belt to duo without fail 

then my guildmate gets tri witch earring with 25 stacks (and at that point hes 2/2 altho he later failed a spare duo coral earring so i suppose 2/3)

.. so yeah i wanted a ring upgrade so i decided id start enchanting red coral rings , i got about 35 pri rings with like 40% success rate so thats more than 140 rings used for pri alone (more or less, i dont keep exact count). From that i got about 10 duo's and from these 10 duos i got 2 TRI's

also failed a good deeds from tet to pen  and all in all to get 2 red coral rings to tri it costed me over 200million when their price is 15mil and they're barely even worth it (not even sure why i bothered)

everything put together probably cost me over 2 billion silver that i farmed by pking thousands of randoms in sausan until they get out of my spot and by putting a ton of hours in the past month and im exhausted as ----- and in the end the new items i got (duo whale , duo tree, 2x tri red coral) cost less than 850million on market while i spent well over 2 bil for that shit.. then my guildmate has a crescent duo first try(so 130-50mil turns into 400mil value with few clicks), duo tree first try, tri red coral and witch first try so basically he gets 1.250bil~ value from few clicks and from invested less than 300million to buy the base stuff etc while i -----ing threw 2bil to end up with less , what a mockery

this game is just unfair and depressing to a whole new level, im enraged and infuriated and i can't keep calm because all this shit is tilting me so hard its just stupidity above and beyond, if i could turn back time i would never enchant accessories - -----ing ever

how dumb is it that one guy can get rich by clicking a button while the other one has to invest time , nerves, effort to make money and to fail despite getting way more tries at every enchant?  

I've played korean mmos for more than half of my life and rng has never been as retarded as it is in BDO. This game just takes it to extreme levels with its idiocy.. and you know what ? There were people that had full tri witch/mos within 1 month of game release and they're still not banned and still playing because logic. Im sure they got their gear with "just rng Man :)))))" 

Game is just full mockery

Edited by irrelevant

Posted

I failed 5 Pri Witch Earrings attempting to DUO them , and started with 30 failstacks, now i got 35 -.-

Posted

Needle (off-hand) to duo with 11 FS... RNG, I ran out of durability on the FS item so I just went for it

Posted

omg is this what I think it is? A thread that has nothing to do with P2w? Still a QQ thread, some things never change.

Posted

I lost my pri witch and duo shultz yesterday yoloing, best way is to yolo

Posted

more than 20 ap gone

I feel your pain failed TRI used all my weapon stones (12)  trying to get back to DUO used 80 memory fragments - wep is stuck at PRI now that took weeks to accumulate those resources - now I have my main with 51 fails another with 49 fails and every other alt has 15 fails! People say save the 51 for TET ... Really? I can't even get TRI am I gonna risk that er no, really can't be -----ed to log back on because it's gonna be torture going back to pirates to grind endless for days on end.  Oh I love BDO 😂

omg is this what I think it is? A thread that has nothing to do with P2w? Still a QQ thread, some things never change.

Why do you care what people post? 

Posted

I feel your pain failed TRI used all my weapon stones (12)  trying to get back to DUO used 80 memory fragments - wep is stuck at PRI now that took weeks to accumulate those resources - now I have my main with 51 fails another with 49 fails and every other alt has 15 fails! People say save the 51 for TET ... Really? I can't even get TRI am I gonna risk that er no, really can't be -----ed to log back on because it's gonna be torture going back to pirates to grind endless for days on end.  Oh I love BDO 😂

Why do you care what people post? 

because I'm such a caring person (≧▽≦) isn't that obvious? DUH (一一") . But seriously its because I really liked forums before all that crying.

Posted

I'm not sure if I'm a lucky person or... not.

Didnt you make attention horing "waaaah I QUIT" thread just something like 2 days ago?

Posted (edited)

more than 20 ap gone

It's good that you have come to this epiphany how many months into the game. No complaints when you were succeeding? System hasn't changed? 

???????????

No such thing as good or bad rng. I think people forget what the acronym actually stands for. RANDOM number generation.

Edited by Sephyz

Posted

One simply does not enchant without backups,

This is how you go to try Tet while having 2x Tri livertos

http://imgur.com/a/RIiVW