• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

76 posts in this topic

Posted

let me tell you what would be p2w in BDO.

1, $5 "failstack" scroll, that guarantee a fail.

2, a RNG box contains +15 boss gear and some random black stones, which for 99.99999% of chance you land on black stone.

No, that's called pay to be stupid.

Posted

let me tell you what would be p2w in BDO.

1, $5 "failstack" scroll, that guarantee a fail.

2, a RNG box contains +15 boss gear and some random black stones, which for 99.99999% of chance you land on black stone.

right, p2w means you buy it and there is  0.000001% chance of you winning.

Posted

apparently you never played BNS in CN/TW server :)

right, p2w means you buy it and there is  0.000001% chance of you winning.

exactly! you cannot just pay $1,000 and win, there is RNG involved.

Posted

You didn't properly use the mention feature (if you did, their names would be linked to their profiles), but why are you trying to? Genuinely curious.

This is the first definition I found of pay-to-win through a simple google search:

This definition of pay-to-win completely suits what everyone has been providing feedback- I mean, "whining" about for the past week. 

I really don't think self-entitlement has anything to do with game developers producing shit-tier free-to-play games. I also don't believe self-entitlement is at all relevant to the recent events and discussion among the community. In addition, no one I know has ever not been willing to purchase a good game; most people I know actually want games to be subscription-based or buy-to-play because games under these models tend to provide better quality and enjoyable content than free-to-play games - it's not that we believe we're entitled to better quality and enjoyable content from subscription-based and buy-to-play games, it's simply what's expected as a result of an ongoing pattern. 

This is really where your lesson begins to fall apart. Games are still for kids - as a matter of fact, I'd argue that the majority of games developed today are almost completely tailored to them, or are at the very least kid-friendly. You've heard of mobile games, right? That's currently what the video game industry is focused on.

You mention the Korean version of BDO in a later part of your "lesson", but did you know that everyone in the Korean version also get the expansions absolutely free? And they didn't have to make any purchase. Don't believe me? Buy a KR account and see for yourself. Their servers are also far more stable than the ones in North America.

Your definition of pay-to-win is absolutely retarded by the way. How does selling costumes on the marketplace actually counter pay-to-win? Do you even know what the term means? At this point, I feel like you've lost any sort of credibility you've attempted to establish by stating you're the man's man and have a job and family and a kid going to MIT. Honestly, you're full of shit. It doesn't help that you're seemingly attempting to shame people for actually expecting to be able to play on stable servers for a game they purchased. It seems like everyone using the term "self-entitlement" is either retarded or a troll.

Okay. If I'm being completely honest, yes - selling costumes on the marketplace regardless of the amount of silver is technically pay-for-convenience, but it is too pay-for-convenience, to the point where it borderline pay-to-win because of how huge the convenience actually is. I believe there is a line that needs to be drawn on where pay-for-convenience needs to stop. Also, Kakao employees have heavily implied that selling costumes on the marketplace would be a pay-to-win tactic.

The rest of your post is just rubbish literal whining about players who oppose this change and assumptions about them not having families or jobs, etc., which is unfortunate because I actually thought you would provide everyone with a meaningful discussion.

I have played KR version and that is where a lot of my post is founded upon if you are unable to finish reading a sentence before understanding it then that is your own problem, not mine. My problem is exactly what I said, useless people trying to get their way on the internet. Look to the people who actually make these games and ask any of them how they feel about all of this. Those that grew up in the f2p generation will be biased because they were spoon fed what that means. Those that provide AAA titled games will most likely laugh at you. I am so sick of the hypocrisy from so many gamers today. The toxic environments its no real wonder there are new laws being made to govern players from acting like total scum, if the suit fits. One day when you are an actual adult, have kids of your own and understand what childish really is you hopefully will look back on this and smack yourself for those that cant quite reach you today. Posting screenshots of payments does not either validate you nor prove you aren't a spoiled kid with dads card. Care less myself either way, but facts are facts and I listed nothing but that in my post, disseminate as much as you like.

1 person likes this

Posted

It IS stupid to play "real P2W" Games... :P

Posted

apparently you never played BNS in CN/TW server :)

I'm neither Taiwanese nor Chinese.....so no i don't believe i have.

Posted

I have played KR version and that is where a lot of my post is founded upon if you are unable to finish reading a sentence before understanding it then that is your own problem, not mine. My problem is exactly what I said, useless people trying to get their way on the internet. Look to the people who actually make these games and ask any of them how they feel about all of this. Those that grew up in the f2p generation will be biased because they were spoon fed what that means. Those that provide AAA titled games will most likely laugh at you. I am so sick of the hypocrisy from so many gamers today. The toxic environments its no real wonder there are new laws being made to govern players from acting like total scum, if the suit fits. One day when you are an actual adult, have kids of your own and understand what childish really is you hopefully will look back on this and smack yourself for those that cant quite reach you today. Posting screenshots of payments does not either validate you nor prove you aren't a spoiled kid with dads card. Care less myself either way, but facts are facts and I listed nothing but that in my post, disseminate as much as you like.

i really hope you don't have any kids

2 people like this

Posted

i really hope you don't have any kids

Apparently he has, and at MIT, his name is War probably.

Posted

I'm neither Taiwanese nor Chinese.....so no i don't believe i have.

I was not referring to your country of origin, sorry if that offended you......simply referring to the game servers.....

Posted

lmfao could be war's alt. Idk who else could act this way.

Posted

I was not referring to your country of origin, sorry if that offended you......simply referring to the game servers.....

why would i be offended?

I've played the NA version of B&S, mostly for the story content.

Posted (edited)

I second that

Also I believe efforts are beeing done to turn public opinion around via these countless dummy accounts. 

If jouska or another official titled person of this game would care to make a response to this thread, they could easily verify that this is not fake nor false account, I created this forum account tied to my actual bdo account specifically because I am entirely fed up with all the nonsense surrounding this game. It was also not my intent to be anonymous, but an added boon considering the stupidity flowing from some of these posts, I would hate to get my guild involved in such intolerable crap however I did state my server/region and as someone mentioned I apparently did not properly link the cm/pm, as of course I made no illusion to this being my first, and only thread/post on this forum. Genuine people with a genuine interest I would have no problem acknowledging my true identity, as well as my former name as cpl/pgl/ogl titles from the quake era. It was honestly never on my mind to be anonymous until these sorts of posts starting springing up.

Edited by 死ね

Posted

Again someone attempting to justify their knee jerk reaction to things they absolutely do not understand. I see you want to be heard and I took the time to read your post as well. I most certainly know exactly what older gen gamers are proud of, and none of it can be found in this absurd ignorance found all over these forums with people crying pay to win. Its simply the dumbest thing I have ever seen and requires a rebuke of some form. Just because you have thrown money at this game, far more then I would actually, does not justify you in any way. Its audacity of ignorance and people with no real world understanding that force others who are 'usually' content with the way things are to suffer needlessly so you can feel good about yourself. Its infuriating to say the least and if you could put ONE single known 'old gamer' to contact me I promise you that upon recognition they would tell you to sit down and be still. I speak upon a great deal of reflection and painful watching as things have gone from bad to worse over the years and its appalling that people like you are allowed to exist on the internet unchecked.

I love how you are devaluing the time, efforts, and pure cash someone has spent on BDO by describing it as "thrown money", which implies it is wasted money.

I love how you also said that sharing how much time, effort, and pure cash someone has spent on BDO is "simply the dumbest thing I have ever seen and requires a rebuke", which implies spending time, effort, and pure cash on BDO in the first place is a waste of time, effort, and pure cash.

I love how you then go on to basically accuse that person, who you have already devalued, of sharing such information so that they may "feel good about" themselves.

I love how you then go on to assume that "old gamers" haven't responded in this thread already, and essentially call Muscarine a child who deserves a spanking.

I love how you then go on to toot your own horn. Cause you're an "old gamer" who has spent time, effort, and pure cash and have thus earned the privilege to be a condescending prat to those you consider beneath you, especially when they are those who have challenged your views.

As an "older gamer"......... I am telling you to "sit down and be still".

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh my.. I can't. :')

Posted

Oooo is this a translation of what Mr/Ms Die said?

I thought it was english and that I had responded appropriately, but now I see I was wrong. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Oooo is this a translation of what Mr/Ms Die said?

I thought it was english and that I had responded appropriately, but now I see I was wrong. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise. :)

yes it is a direct translation youre welcome :)  I took a course on how to speak douchebag at university 

Posted

why would i be offended?

I've played the NA version of B&S, mostly for the story content.

you know...is America...people get offended by all kinds of statements.

okay...BNS NA is not as bad as CN/TW, they have RNG box, but not that IMBA, in CN server, you could get a weapon can literally 1 vs x (<--insert a number) . this is p2w man....

Posted

nothing as mass-insulting

You need a special Doctor asap.

Posted (edited)

Again twisting words, the result of a child attempting to play at being an adult. Done with you honestly, its fruitless and profits nobody. I do thank you and the few others in this thread that continue to propagate stupidity for giving me a reason to seek other methods in solving this ... problem .. that people such as yourself have brought about. I blame the parents on some scale for not providing a proper upbringing, respect is something you will some day come to understand but most likely have zero of. And I speak in real life, not this fantasy you believe yourself proper in.

Say "NO!" to drugs!

By the way cupcake, that you don't have a reply for me other than that I am a child....... I thought I told you to "sit down and be still"?

Edited by Reigne Irkalla

Posted

Again twisting words, the result of a child attempting to play at being an adult. Done with you honestly, its fruitless and profits nobody. I do thank you and the few others in this thread that continue to propagate stupidity for giving me a reason to seek other methods in solving this ... problem .. that people such as yourself have brought about. I blame the parents on some scale for not providing a proper upbringing, respect is something you will some day come to understand but most likely have zero of. And I speak in real life, not this fantasy you believe yourself proper in.

LOL youre giving me such enertainment this is making my night please continue I feel like I'm watching a reality tv show where the grumpy old man gripes about the kids these days

LMFAO you must be new to the internet if you think him posting a copypasta is getting him in jail. You're a whole new level of stupid.

Posted

LOL youre giving me such enertainment this is making my night please continue I feel like I'm watching a reality tv show where the grumpy old man gripes about the kids these days

Don't kid yourself. This is child who has broken into Mummy's makeup and is teeter-tottering at the top of the stairs in Mummy's heels. :)

Posted

Don't kid yourself. This is child who has broken into Mummy's makeup and is teeter-tottering at the top of the stairs in Mummy's heels. :)

this thread is a meme

Posted

It definitely feels that way, unfortunately it is a reality that everyone is suffering in the moment they turn on their computer whether they realize it or not. In many ways I am disgust at the way new policy for the internet are coming up in legislature all the time, but I do see the need for them. Soon anonymity will be unavailable, a bitter sweet day for many. Those that grew up dualing 56ks will know the feeling, but at least people will be held accountable to their actions here just as in real life. That day many will find themselves on a sorely losing end.

Posted (edited)

Just fyi if I decided to take you literally I could see you in jail before tomorrow, you should google the new internet laws and the severity of the FELONY you just committed. However I will take you at the obvious joke you are and avoid such hasty legal action. I would however suggest you grow the f up before someone does not feel so kindly towards you. Think a VPN is safety and find yourself behind bars.

Ok no, this is a troll. Everyone leave, abandon thread. Everyone below and above this line has been had. Edit: myself included.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Zakeamass

Posted

this thread is a meme

This entire situation deserves some poppy