• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Kakao is actually a pretty sweet company

21 posts in this topic

Posted

If you don't count BDO and their game stuff

wtf why am I not using KakaoTalk

http://www.kakao.com/services/8

1 person likes this

Posted

Gosh, look at all these great off shoots (most of which are not breaking a profit yet) that kakao games is funding~

We're doing God's work, folks.

kakao.jpg

Posted (edited)

"End well..... this thread will not"

Yoda - 2016

Edited by Jack Sparrow
1 person likes this

Posted

And this is where all our money goes...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

http://www.kakaogames.com/

Kakaogames is just this little place(probably like any regular office inside)

cD1OMo.png

but KakaoTalk is huge at corporate entertainment event if I'm a Kakao employee working at Kakaogames instead of Kakaotalk

I would call in sick than to show my face to be very honest. it would probably be as embarrassing as the contracted to work for Kakao that's from another company.

believe me young fella.

Edited by William

Posted (edited)

Public number

Financial Statement Q1 2016

http://www.kakaocorp.com/upload_resources/ir/siljeok/siljeok_20160707064048.pdf

Financial Presentation Q1 2016

http://www.kakaocorp.com/upload_resources/ir/siljeok/siljeok_20160512080734.pdf

BDOs money is included in the "Gaming Platform" account.

As you can see KAKAO is quite a big company and actually the "online" part gaming platform is just a portion of the money they make. The "Mobile" is the big money. KakaoCorps goal is to increase the profit of their "online" part. We can only assume that DAUM Game department are under some real pressure to make this happen.  I am also against it, its destroys the industry. But this is the reality we live in, the people incharge of Kakao that makes the forecast and the expected income budget for the gaming departments, have no idea who we are, have no idea about the forums, they dont care about the gaming industry. To them, we are simply a number.

Its no different then any other company out here.

Since the big bump in money for the gaming platform for Q1 2016 it because of Sold copies of BDO. I genius move to get some quick cashflow. The problem is of cource that no company in the world would accept that next quarter was the same amount of money or less, which will be interested to see when Q2 reports come out. Since they are taking the step, calculating how much these stuff sell in Korea, they can make an estimation of how much money they will make in NA/EU.

Sadly, all I am saying....its will happen and all our efforts, petitions, support and riot in game wont make a different if the financial report is going up. Kakao only recently got interested in gaming as a result of the possibility of money making. Make no mistake.

Copied from presentation:

-
Surging popularity of the Black Desert,a MMORPG published by
    Daum Game, in North America and Europe contributed to the
     record high online game revenue

Edited by Chimp

Posted

Gosh, look at all these great off shoots (most of which are not breaking a profit yet) that kakao games is funding~

We're doing God's work, folks.

kakao.jpg

is the other way around

stop thinking you can hurt them you can't

go to bed or read UBEL BLATT

Public number

Financial Statement Q1 2016

http://www.kakaocorp.com/upload_resources/ir/siljeok/siljeok_20160707064048.pdf

Financial Presentation Q1 2016

http://www.kakaocorp.com/upload_resources/ir/siljeok/siljeok_20160512080734.pdf

I can only assume that BDOs money is included in the "Gaming Platform" account.

As you can see KAKAO is quite a big company and actually the "online" part gaming platform is just a portion of the money they make. The "Mobile" is the big money. KakaoCorps goal is to increase the profit of their "online" part. We can only assume that DAUM Game department are under some real pressure to make this happen.  I am also against it, its destroys the industry. But this is the reality we live in, the people incharge of Kakao that gives make the forecast and the expected income from the gaming department, have no idea who we are, have no idea about the forums, they dont care about the gaming industry. To them, we are simply a number.

Its no different then any other company out here.

Since the big bump in money for the gaming platform for Q1 2016 its probably the Sold copies of BDO. I genius move to get some quick cashflow. The problem is of cource that no company in the world would accept that next quarter was the same amount of money or less, which will be interested to see when Q2 reports come out. Since they are taking the step, calculating how much these stuff sell in Korea, they can make an estimation of how much money they will make in NA/EU.

Sadly, all I am saying....its will happen and all our efforts, petitions, support and riot in game wont make a different if the financial report is going up.

The backbone of Kakaogames is mainly mobile game anyway, not this shitty buy one need to maintenance forever

have people listen to crying manchild BDO.

they should just call BDO black sheep online, since it's the most annoying asset of the company. I ask my mom(who is a Tencent shareholder, Tencent owning 10% of Kakao would say the exact same) BDO is bad money

Posted

my balls exploded after the 1st vid so kakao is doing something right

Posted

I will admit.
This is something I am not happy about.

That
Being
Said.

There is report of KR not too happy that our version has received more attention than theirs since NA/EU dropped.

So long as we keep getting content and shit, I don't give a ----- how much they make.

The minute they stop providing to us is the minute I raise hell.

Posted

I will admit.
This is something I am not happy about.

That
Being
Said.

There is report of KR not too happy that our version has received more attention than theirs since NA/EU dropped.

So long as we keep getting content and shit, I don't give a ----- how much they make.

The minute they stop providing to us is the minute I raise hell.

Don't get too serious now.

Posted

Don't get too serious now.

I'm always serious
>:'(

TAKE ME SERIOUSLY I AM SRS!

Posted

I'm always serious>:'(

TAKE ME SERIOUSLY I AM SRS!

Girls-Day_1415857785_girlsday3.gif

Posted

So this is where all my money goes. God damit!

Posted

JS, LINE > KakaoTalk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They got what they wanted, now will just try to milk the last remaining drops.

With the intelligence level seen ingame and in forums i bet that if they publish another game next month these guys will throw money at them again...

Enjoy the declining.

Edited by crosspath
1 person likes this

Posted

bb1b2971400a1a6f8e6520b2ed2c80ff.thumb.g

Posted (edited)

They got what they wanted, now will just try to milk the last remaining drops.

With the intelligence level seen ingame and in forums i bet that if they publish another game next month these guys will throw money at them again...

Enjoy the declining.

"The Corporation is preparing to strengthen its role in the global market and is planning to operate titles on an increasing variety of platforms. Apart from PC, consoles and mobile, Kakao Corporation is looking to expand to virtual reality devices as well."

"In other gaming news, Kakao announced a partnership agreement with Duodian Network, best known for the Android app emulator Nox App Player. The deal will lead to a PC emulator specific to Kakao Game that will allow users to enjoy many of our top titles on the PC."

"Since receiving its preliminary license last Nov., Kakao Bank has been hard at work, preparing to launch one of the first internet-only banks in Korea. On July 5th, the Bank shared their current progress with the Financial Services Commission and other stakeholders in a briefing at their Pangyo HQ. Kakao Bank is expected to officially open in the first quarter of 2017."

True. But I will remember and never buy anything from them anymore :)

Edited by Martin Blom

Posted

WILLIAM!

SIGN MY CHEST

Posted

Annnnd I just realized one of the only other games I've had my eye on for a while was recently bought by Daum.... Crap...

Posted

Annnnd I just realized one of the only other games I've had my eye on for a while was recently bought by Daum.... Crap...

what game?

Posted

Everytime I see the company's name I think of this skit from Portlandia...