• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Rangers Used to Lead the Way.....

156 posts in this topic

Posted

What are u talking about? Ur speaking of typicall 220 ap rangers in na/eu as if thats a thing, i play in most populated eu server and never heard of/seen a ranger with 220 ap. Also how has ap anything to do with survivability when getting caught or rbf points with class balance? 

There are a few ppl with 220 ap, and there is also a ranger streamer with 220 ap

Posted

There are a few ppl with 220 ap, and there is also a ranger streamer with 220 ap

And?

Posted

What are u talking about? Ur speaking of typicall 220 ap rangers in na/eu as if thats a thing, i play in most populated eu server and never heard of/seen a ranger with 220 ap. Also how has ap anything to do with survivability when getting caught or rbf points with class balance? 

It is a thing. There are multiple lvl60's on our server and multiple 220+ AP Rangers on our server. I never said AP had anything to do with survivability, you did. My objective standpoint still stands with higher AP Rangers (220+ AP) are quite balanced, whereas the lower AP Rangers (anything below 200AP), feel quite gimped.

Posted

I've made just about every class in this game and my ranger is my "main" for 1 current reason... I put the costumes on her. Level 56, 153/222, I can't stand up against equally geared people at all. There are no true combos and lack finishing damage power. I feel like I'm made of paper when I get hit from other players and the 100% black spirit power ult is a joke. When I blast my 100% people might get stuned but are quickly free again by the time the animation is over and I have regained control for the slowmo kickback. If I could transfer my limited time kib outfit, earrings, glasses, and fish costume to another alt she would no longer be my main. The only reason I even got her to 56 is because I'm hoping the awakening will change things. But the more I read on that subject the more it seems she will be lacking in that department too.... She needs a buff. Anyone who says "Rangers are over powered" doesn't play one to level 53+ and pvp (alone or in node wars).

Posted

I've made just about every class in this game and my ranger is my "main" for 1 current reason... I put the costumes on her. Level 56, 153/222, I can't stand up against equally geared people at all. There are no true combos and lack finishing damage power. I feel like I'm made of paper when I get hit from other players and the 100% black spirit power ult is a joke. When I blast my 100% people might get stuned but are quickly free again by the time the animation is over and I have regained control for the slowmo kickback. If I could transfer my limited time kib outfit, earrings, glasses, and fish costume to another alt she would no longer be my main. The only reason I even got her to 56 is because I'm hoping the awakening will change things. But the more I read on that subject the more it seems she will be lacking in that department too.... She needs a buff. Anyone who says "Rangers are over powered" doesn't play one to level 53+ and pvp (alone or in node wars).

Just wait for Awakening, everything what ranger is lack off right now gonna be fine with awakening.

Posted (edited)

I hate how we have to wait for awakenings when every class is doing perfect without theirs except for the rangers that dont have high ap. Witch/wiz got their fking awakening buff and we dont even have awakenings, zerks were buffed over time and now they're just stupid to play against cause it feels like everything they do is some sort of cc that a ranger can do nothing against. A DPS class should not be getting out DPS'd. A full ap warrior 100% took my health from 100% to 25%, with me having 202 dp, meanwhile our 100% doesnt matter because nearly every other class has some sort of iframe they can rely on or block.

Our nerfs should be reverted if they wont at least buff our damage a bit until awakenings. Rangers rely on damage, as it's all we have. We don't have good mobility or defense until awakenings so they took away the only thing we could efficiently rely on and that is our damage.

shotgun doesn't need to be buffed back to how it was, just a bit more would be nice, we rely on damage.

The iframe on ees is a joke because of bad servers, same with call from sky, meanwhile sorcs.

penetrating wind 4 should have the cc on it again

did the CD on descending current even change it? doesnt feel like it, the no stamina regen during the ulti hurts though, it's like a slap in the face when we get away from cc and try to recover in the backline just to find out we're still burning through all our stamina.

they justified tripling the cooldown time on ees by giving it an iframe, refer to my other statement above.

ranger burns through mana and stamina more than any other class and we don't even have the defense or mobility to justify it.

unless you severely outgear your opponent or they just suck you wont win in a fight as a ranger. This is coming from someone who has played and actively PVP'd as a ranger since launch.

Edited by Heartbeat

Posted

It is a thing. There are multiple lvl60's on our server and multiple 220+ AP Rangers on our server. I never said AP had anything to do with survivability, you did. My objective standpoint still stands with higher AP Rangers (220+ AP) are quite balanced, whereas the lower AP Rangers (anything below 200AP), feel quite gimped.

I feel like this part of your post has been lost; so I'm putting an emphasis on it.

I don't think the point of Viper's post was to tell everyone "LOL! Git gud, 200AP+". Simply pointing out that compared to other classes at lower AP, ranger sucks. Period.

My theory is because hating on Ranger has been flavor of the month since launch, PA sees the feedback and is like "Too many complaints! nerf nerf nerf!".

1 person likes this

Posted

Fix Ranger already..ty

Posted

I feel like this part of your post has been lost; so I'm putting an emphasis on it.

I don't think the point of Viper's post was to tell everyone "LOL! Git gud, 200AP+". Simply pointing out that compared to other classes at lower AP, ranger sucks. Period.

My theory is because hating on Ranger has been flavor of the month since launch, PA sees the feedback and is like "Too many complaints! nerf nerf nerf!".

Hell yeah, you got it! I fall within the 99% of Rangers as well (<200 AP) and still feel a bit useless, unless I stack a crapton of OP elixirs on my bar.

Posted

Rangers with >210 ap are no joke. I think I would rather fight any other class that our guilds high ap Rangers and I'm a sorc with 253 DP if that tells you anything. They can melt me like butter. 

Posted

Rangers with >210 ap are no joke. I think I would rather fight any other class that our guilds high ap Rangers and I'm a sorc with 253 DP if that tells you anything. They can melt me like butter. 

u can do it also, and habe mich more cc and stuff...

The best joke is this ranger " iframe "...

Posted

u can do it also, and habe mich more cc and stuff...

The best joke is this ranger " iframe "...

Ranger got an iframe?

Posted

Ranger got an iframe?

Exactly

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL...Rangers whining about being underpowered. You guys have a VERY low risk to reward ratio in nearly every situation compared to every class BUT wizard / witch. Get over yourselves.

Posted (edited)

LOL...Rangers whining about being underpowered. You guys have a VERY low risk to reward ratio in nearly every situation compared to every class BUT wizard / witch. Get over yourselves.

Have you ever tried playing a ranger against anyone better than the average drooly that infests most of the game? Probably not so let me simplify it for you. Rangers are extremely high risk low reward unless you're over 200 ap, or 30-50 ap above the other guys dp, (In which case any class would onesided slaughter another class) there isn't one class i can think of that actually doesn't destroy rangers right now.

Yeah sure if you have the gear or the guys dumb enough to follow you around while you shotgun away from him you're going to slaughter him, but against people that actually know their classes rangers struggle to stay alive.

Class balance is not balanced around the lowest common denominator, the guy crying about rangers being op with 140 ap and 180 dp, if you're rocking +15 armor against a ranger with a tri liverto or tri/tet zarka, yeah he's going to -----ing destroy you.

Rangers are nearly 90% a gear check at this point, if you think they're op your gear sucks and it shows how ignorant of an entire class you are.

Edited by Intimacy
3 people like this

Posted

You guys have a VERY low risk to reward ratio

Thanks for the laugh.

3 people like this

Posted

I enjoy the fact that you made an account just to troll  and spout bullshit.

1 person likes this

Posted

My Info: 183AP/217DP.  TRI Liverto. TRI Steel Dagger. Lvl 56. ~2900hp before consumables.

Warriors/Valks/Zerkers: if more than half life, i ignore and avoid like the plague during node wars. Even if lower than half, i usually avoid.

Wizard/Ranger/Kuno/Ninja: I engage no matter what.  KD is usually required to finish a Decent wizard though. So i'll dance around until it lands.

Tamer: I'll pot shot to see how much dmg i do.  If a lot = Engage. If 'meh', i avoid

Sorc/Musa: Total pains in the arse and are likely a flight risk, not worth my time unless i get a KD unnoticed.

I feel like there are certain scenarios where rangers can succeed and if outside of these scenarios: the ranger will suffer

Posted

This post is part QQ and part constructive thoughts for the ranger community.

So I will just start out by saying; we are not the class we used to be......there; I said it. We have all been thinking it. We all know it in the back of our minds. In a game based around heavy PVP, we are for the most part either useless or "less useful than". Now most of us know the skies part a little more once we get our awakenings, but that is quite some time from now. I am a level 57 180/222 stated ranger; so not "god tier" but also not scrub league either; I would say I am right there in the meat and potatoes of our class. I also was in one of the more competitive PVP guilds on UNO so I have seen what a 218ap ranger can do; and how unrealistic it is to put an almost 200ap+ requirement on a class to be at all effective in comparison to our DPS class peers.

That being said, our community/forums, have been largely "respectful" in regards to taking these changes on the chin. I think this willingness to accept these changes as status-quo has put a hindrance on our class in ways we perhaps didn't see coming. We now are realizing all of these adjustments are slowly (or rather quickly) making our class rather obsolete in the framework of BDO at current. I think it would behoove us as a community to ban together much in the same way sorcs, and other classes have done to see changes.

For constructive purposes, I think rather than posting a bunch of flammable QQ FIX RANGER posts, we can come up with clear and concise arguments in our favor as to why we need to be re balanced to offer more viability outside of PVE grinding. So I am opening up the floor to any thoughts or ideas you all have on this.

I think we need to accept the fact that whatever we say here (NA/EU) is useless because we will ultimately get to the point where KR/JP is. Ranger as a class get nerf in every single patch (most recent one August 11 KR patch), it is either a small nerf (increase consumption) or big cut (reduce damage). Make no mistake, ranger is still top in the ladder, followed by warrior, sorc and giant (four daddy in KR using their language), that is not because Range as a class is good (IMBA), but rather ranger outgear others thru most effective and efficient pve, you need to remember that you need to pve first (a lot of it) to pvp, so better pve = better pvp.

im not saying is a good design, me as ranger myself hate it....but it is the fact....our publisher (DAUM or Kakao) does not alter the game, they follow KR.

Posted

I think we need to accept the fact that whatever we say here (NA/EU) is useless because we will ultimately get to the point where KR/JP is. Ranger as a class get nerf in every single patch (most recent one August 11 KR patch), it is either a small nerf (increase consumption) or big cut (reduce damage). Make no mistake, ranger is still top in the ladder, followed by warrior, sorc and giant (four daddy in KR using their language), that is not because Range as a class is good (IMBA), but rather ranger outgear others thru most effective and efficient pve, you need to remember that you need to pve first (a lot of it) to pvp, so better pve = better pvp.

im not saying is a good design, me as ranger myself hate it....but it is the fact....our publisher (DAUM or Kakao) does not alter the game, they follow KR.

Fighting a ranger in the nutshell - > Lava Pierce, stomp, grab.. Ranger dead. If he has 220 or 150AP doesn't make a difference. Rangers are a joke. I even feel bad killing em, because they are so helpless.. 

But, we all know this game wasn't build around 1v1. In gvg, node, siege Rangers still fill their role. And they do really good there. 

Posted

This is my account.  I just don't care about having an edge lord avatar by my name and don't post much.

RIsk vs Reward

Rangers and witch / wizard have a REALLY easy time gearing because they can grind and kill bosses with little risk. Hell, until a few patches ago when loot drops became complete RNG instead of position in dps they were easily outpacing every other class on boss drops.

Pvp in this game is based on gear score and to a lesser degree skill... Range classes have it easy gearing. If you don't do well in pvp, either you don't try very hard to get gear or you are terrible, or both.

Rangers are very strong in group pvp. They, along with witch wizard contribute MUCH more damage to the enemy than any other class, and usually die much less because they don't have to be clustered right on top of objectives, exposed to siege defenses and attractive targets to aoe bombs.

As a ranged class playing correctly you are only subject to ranged cc natively, if you are being singled out by melee players to receive their damage / cc, you have the capability to damage them LONG before they can get to you and get to decide where the fight will happen because they HAVE to chase you to wherever you go...so amidst you team mates, in the firing arc of your siege defenses, etc.

Server desync hoses your attacks much less often than if you are a closer range class.

Until the most recent buff of witch / wizard they were much squishier than you.

People suggested rangers need more cc pre awakening when you get a melee weapon...nonsense, think of it this way, you think you need more control over the 90% of mobs that can't hit you when you are at distance? Or is it 81.8% of classes that can't attack you easily when you are at distance?

I understand that ranger isn't god mode like earlier, but really...it was too good, you all know it.

Lastly, I know players who rolled ranger even thought they hate the play style because it was so much easier and more profitable7 to get gear for their other characters...and their guilds wanted more ranged damage for pvp..that tells the tale pretty clearly to me.

2 people like this

Posted

I took a break around April
53 Ranger 130 /150
Should i stick to the class or roll a new class
Listening to 180/220 Stats Sound extreme high lol
And i was a competive palyer back then :D

Posted

If you like the class just stick to it (With the upcoming awakenings ranger class is going to be very interesting to play in terms of gameplay and effectiveness).

Up your weapons/armors to DUO-TRI and you will get these stats in no time (Considering that , as you said , you used to be a competitive player).

Posted (edited)

This is my account.  I just don't care about having an edge lord avatar by my name and don't post much.

RIsk vs Reward

Rangers and witch / wizard have a REALLY easy time gearing because they can grind and kill bosses with little risk. Hell, until a few patches ago when loot drops became complete RNG instead of position in dps they were easily outpacing every other class on boss drops.

Pvp in this game is based on gear score and to a lesser degree skill... Range classes have it easy gearing. If you don't do well in pvp, either you don't try very hard to get gear or you are terrible, or both.

Rangers are very strong in group pvp. They, along with witch wizard contribute MUCH more damage to the enemy than any other class, and usually die much less because they don't have to be clustered right on top of objectives, exposed to siege defenses and attractive targets to aoe bombs.

As a ranged class playing correctly you are only subject to ranged cc natively, if you are being singled out by melee players to receive their damage / cc, you have the capability to damage them LONG before they can get to you and get to decide where the fight will happen because they HAVE to chase you to wherever you go...so amidst you team mates, in the firing arc of your siege defenses, etc.

Server desync hoses your attacks much less often than if you are a closer range class.

Until the most recent buff of witch / wizard they were much squishier than you.

People suggested rangers need more cc pre awakening when you get a melee weapon...nonsense, think of it this way, you think you need more control over the 90% of mobs that can't hit you when you are at distance? Or is it 81.8% of classes that can't attack you easily when you are at distance?

I understand that ranger isn't god mode like earlier, but really...it was too good, you all know it.

Lastly, I know players who rolled ranger even thought they hate the play style because it was so much easier and more profitable7 to get gear for their other characters...and their guilds wanted more ranged damage for pvp..that tells the tale pretty clearly to me.

As someone who has 4 classes(ranger, sorc, witch and ninja) geared out and at 56, I can tell you that you're patently wrong on many of your statements.

Rangers can only mob grind slightly better than mages, tamers or ninjas. They use much more resources farming as well due to mp costs and much higher weapon decay. They have a slight advantage here but nothing big enough to make a huge difference.

Sorcs have always been top tier in boss drops in my server. Mages had about equal damage to rangers, but this is all irrelevant as you already said, damage output doesn't affect boss gear drop rate anymore.

Rangers have very little burst mobility and their major damage sources(shotgun and will of the wind) put them well within range of most melee's CC and dashes.

Rangers witch equal AP get out-damaged by nearly every class in the game in 1v1 now. Even warriors, who are supposed to be the lowest damage class in the game, can out dps them. The only rangers that deal insane damage are the ones who are absurdly well geared(eg. 200+ AP) which few rangers will ever get even close to reaching.

Rangers have no way to deal with CC. We have completely unreliable i-frames, no super armor, no guard and very little burst mobility to avoid them all together. In actual GvG situations, most rangers just get chain CC'ed and wiped by mages and zerkers with their massive AoE CC's.

Rangers have the worst CC of any class in the game. We have 1 knockdown on a seven second cooldown with very lackluster kd rates and a flinch on a 13 second cooldown that doesn't even last 2 seconds. We have almost no way to deal with classes that can guard other than overpowering them since we have no grab and too poor mobility to try and flank them in 1v1.

Our main ranged AoE's are descending current and will of the wind. Descending current does almost no damage even on well geared rangers and has no CC element making it vastly inferior to anything a mage can use. Will of the wind also has no CC element, it does decent damage but generally not enough to kill anyone before you completely run out of MP unless once again you have more than 200 AP. It also once again puts you well within the range to be brutalized by practically any other class.

In a 1v1 fight, ranger is easily the worst class in the game. We're at a huge disadvantage versus every other class barring maybe tamer. It is mediocre in GvG where it's completely overshadowed by mages that can do anything a ranger can do but better and actually have the sustain to survive. In PvE grinding, they're pretty good but what's the point of being good and grinding if you can't even defend your spot anyway?

People often like to point at rangers that have 200+ AP and say the class as a whole is overpowered because they're absurdly strong, but the simple fact of the matter is any class with 200+ AP will be absurdly strong. There's a ninja on my server which can kill entire teams in red battlefield by himself and he has 230 AP. 200+ AP Sorcs can kill a well geared ranger in under 1 second with two ranged attacks and are nearly unkillable as well. If a 200+ AP ranger is too strong, then flatten the power curve but don't nerf the class so that the vast majority of rangers are useless.

Edited by Noctus
2 people like this

Posted

Just a quick post here. I see many people talking about 220AP+ rangers. Those rangers are most likely on low-pop servers. Getting gear on those servers is incredibly easier since the spots are less contested.

I would like to see a 220AP+ ranger on Jordine in action. The highest I've seen on Jordine was 213 and I'm currently sitting at 205. 225 is what I would consider endgame gear atm, and not many people are there (TRI Witch/Molar, DUO Crescent, DUO Basi, DUO Ogre). Anything beyond that is madness or unemployment in a nutshell.