• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Rangers Used to Lead the Way.....

156 posts in this topic

Posted

You linked the video of one of the (if not THE) top ranger in KR, and argue that if we can't do the same we suck, imo that's a poor argument.

You cant balance a class around "low skill cap players". Climb to the skillcap or stay a shitter.

Posted (edited)

1. What class gets highest score in RBF? Ranger.
  2. What class makes most kills in gvg? Ranger.
  3. What class makes most skills in small scale open world fights? Ranger.
  4. What class has biggest advnatage? Ranger... i mean, hello? Range? And don't give me that bullcrap that every class has the capacity to catch up to you. -snip-, ever heard of dodging? 
  5. What class can kill you IN ONE CC? RANGER! And you dare ask for more CCs?
  6. So let me get this staight. Ranger is balanced only when it oneshots everything? Get your ass out of your ass and see that what you propose is broken AF.
  7. Not to mention that after you get your awakening, you'll have the ability to keep your distance VERY EASLY, and the ability to KILL PEOPLE FROM DISTANCE FAST WITHOUT ANY RISK.
  8. All you know is how to spam 2 skills. 
  9. How come only NA/EU players consider ranger to be weak when: in JP poll, they voted that ranger is strongest class, with over 4k votes over any other class; in kr, in the official poll, ranger had 1k votes over warrior with awakening, as the strongest class, while warrior had double the amount of all other classes combined.  

1., 2. and 3. are all about gear. Whoever has the most, gets the most kills. I'v seen all classes at the top already (at least in RBF, not like the others have an obvious ranking system)

4. We just have to stay at range? Wow, thanks that you tell us that, this suddenly opens so many things... The following is a list of classes that are faster than Ranger:

Warrior, Sorceress, Giant, Tamer, Musa, Maehwa, Kunoichi, Ninja, Valkyrie. Possibly Wizard/Witch, but that is more because of the range they could catch us from. That super useful range that every class can get by within a matter of a second

5. Every class with enough gear. Every single one of them.

6. Where has anyone said that they want to oneshot everything? The thing we're complaining about are all the post-awakening nerfs that we already recieved or still get. Here's the list:

• Ultimate / SP: Charging Wind
    • -30%, -10%, -10%, -10% damage and skill awakening removal
  • Descending Current
    • -30% damage, soft cooldown for Ultimate:DC (reduces numbers of arrow = less dmg), -10% accuracy across all levels (one nerf we're currently missing), [Pretty sure I forgot 1 nerf for this skill]
  • Penetrating Wind
    • CC removal
  • Tearing Arrow
    • Skill awakening removal (dmg reduced)
  • Blasting Gust
  • Will of the Wind
  • Razor Wind
    • Doesn't regen MP if used during cooldown, hits reduced from 3 to 2 (-33% MP regen, -33% dmg | Also not yet in EU/NA)
  • Explosive Evasion Shot
    • Cooldown tripled, arrow barrage lost ~25% of its hits (-25% MP regen and dmg)
      • Arrow barrage nerf also affects Riding the Wind and Call from Sky

Those are also only the nerfs since awakening release, there are far more if I were to go back further.

This is what we're complaining about. We get hit with the nerf hammer all the time for a post awakening stage. Meanwhile classes like Sorceress or Giant actually get buffed despite having their weapons, which makes those classes even more powerful.

But hey, I'm sure you can actually play with a single useful CC in total. 100% hit rate, pierces frontal guard / block, ignored iframes and is heat seeking obviously, totally not the exact opposite that it is easy to dodge, especially not as it can only CC when you not cancel the skill.

7. Awakening offers us no new ranged skills for PvP. How is that even possible that we then suddenly can deal an majestic amount of damage? It's also super easy, totally, not like Warrior, Sorceress, Tamer, Maehwa, Kunoichi and Kunoichi have blocks that they can keep up all the time. Berserker, Musa and Ninja can just Super Armor through our one ranged CC skill.

8. Descending Current, Will of the Wind, Blasting Gust, SP:Charging Wind, Explosive Evasion Shot and Call from Sky as our main skills. Some of us also use the other two kicks in case of emergency in melee range. Without Ultimate: Evasion Shot nothing would work either.

And do you have to open your mouth in regard to this mister Dark Flame is all I know? Oh wait, there is still Night Crow which is a skill without any kind of risk that can be spammed easily by anyone who just started this class.

9. Maybe because of all the nerfs we already recieved? JP/KR also does have better MP pots.

Ignore the awakening skills, in this video, unless you can move like he does with pre-awakening ( Moving left/right with cancel, Q cancel camera lock to go backward etc,) you shall not speak. This is what it takes to be god tier as a ranger, its possible. If you cant do it dont blame the game, blame you.

Show me many videos/rangers who cancel left/right like he does or Q cancel backward move with camera lock as he does. Those rangers have no problem at all at this time against anyone btw.

If you think blasting gust was used for dmg in the video.. its for mobility. Mentionning its dmg shows how you dont understand ranger yet.

Ignore the skills when it does basically everything in the video. Shows really a lot.

And do you know why this won't work here in EU/NA as good as in KR? Because anything offensive currently uses MP and Stamina, the same goes for Q-cancel. Be offensive and we use up resources to play defensive. Be defensive and we can't attack properly anymore. The awakening consumes a lot less stamina and MP which makes this actually possible. And again, they have better potions than we do.

Edited by Alterist
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

You cant balance a class around "low skill cap players". Climb to the skillcap or stay a shitter.

There's a difference between low skill cap and "only few guys are good enough to do that" lol. It's like spitting on a tramp because he's not as rich as Bill Gates

Edited by Azelyana

Posted (edited)

@Chun-Chun - you are once again ignoring the fact that the problem lies in how Ranger scaling works. You are comparing the highest AP ranger to every other class, at any gear score. I will agree with you, if you give a ranger god tier AP, they will obliterate, earn tons of points, kills and bragging rights if played well. 

The problem is that we get the nerfs that KR gets. So, while KR adjusts for their current average AP, ours here (for the most part) is much lower. Yes, there are a couple of people that have 220AP+, the exceptions, the ones that you are comparing the entire balance of Rangers to. 

So, when we get those nerfs, with the way Ranger scales, it makes the lower AP Rangers that any class with comparative AP/Gear Score will obliterate the Ranger, even worse, especially in a PvP setting. Ranger starts to feel "balanced" about 195-200 sheet AP. 

Let me graph this for you (conceptually), since you keep trying to make the same oblivious argument without understanding...

RangerScaling.thumb.jpg.263b0e55964a6e71

You are comparing the very top most tip of the green to every other color at every other instance in the graph. When in fact lowering the green bar even more, does more harm to the class balance (at lower AP) than you realize.

To add clarification: PA balances the easy way, by raising and lowering the bars, not adjust class scaling (inclines of the slopes). If PA would first adjust the slope inclines (scaling), then adjust the raising and lowering, both Rangers and other classes would be happy. The only ones that would not be happy are the current god tier AP Rangers.

Edited by VipeR
4 people like this

Posted

Why are clueless people talking here? You guys don't even play ranger, and you ChunChun don't even know your own class. So please don't come here saying "When i hear people complaining about ranger being weak, i'm so close to shooting myself." Thats the most ridiculous thing coming from a sorc lol.

The problem isn't that we can't Q cancel or jump around, nor that we lack dmg.

Our only problem is that we have 1 KD ( 8 sec hard cd )and 1 Root (that has 12 sec soft cooldown) for CC, and thats all.

Talking about godly geared KR players will not solve this problem for us.

Any godly geared ranger on NA/EU would lose to any other same geared and skilled person no matter what class they are.

Not because they suck, but because we lack CC. And don't come with arena hero pvps. Do it with potions, because thats how you pvp.

Show me a NA/EU ranger thats highly geared beating other classes that are also highly geared and knows how to play. Then i will believe you.

You guys have no proof whats so ever, just saying "i heard from other ranger" "this KR guy". Yeah, thats so irrelevant.

If you lose to a ranger as another class in EU/NA, then either they are godly geared, or you are the one who should git gud.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you lose to a ranger as another class in EU/NA, then either they are godly geared, or you are the one who should git gud.

You are comparing the very top most tip of the green to every other color at every other instance in the graph. When in fact lowering the green bar even more, does more harm to the class balance (at lower AP) than you realize

You and viper are the true mvps, the heros this thread needed.

Edited by Intimacy

Posted (edited)

Reality: Ranger used to be op. Now they are not. People did l2p against them. Ranger are very strong in gvg, best class to grind pve.

This post: I am very gud. Now i no gud why nerf my class.

Good ranger that lead the charge from release will disagree, scrubs listen to what you say and find an excuse.

PS: yes i know that there is not a lot to git gud on a ranger, but most of those who complain cannot camera lock i am pretty sure of so...show me how u camera lock strafe and use positioning and still be bad at gvg and i reconsider.

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted

Actually ranger was not good in small scale pvp in the beginning either (arguably much worse than it currently is), we had such insane mana issues that we couldnt even really use blasting gust in pvp very much ( basically had to f cancel), shotgun dealt a lot more damage back then though, so people who were bad got hit by shotgun and thus claimed ranger was op.

Ranger is, and always will be good in GvG, in the same way that wizard is and always will be (unless they nerf both classes so hard that they are completely worthless in likely every aspect of the game).

Posted

Ignore the awakening skills, in this video, unless you can move like he does with pre-awakening ( Moving left/right with cancel, Q cancel camera lock to go backward etc,) you shall not speak. This is what it takes to be god tier as a ranger, its possible. If you cant do it dont blame the game, blame you.

See video above, top ranger are more than PERFECTLY fine. Its a get good issue.

So i can clearly say you never played ranger, because you cannot use Q cancel that often without awakening. look at his stamina bar he goes below 50% because his awakening skills only takes up mana and no stamina. you would just die as a ranger with low stamina because you cannot deal any dmg or use escape skills either. Please if you really link that video check ranger skills or atleast even play one ranger and the q cancel movement was nothing special either. If you would use it here you would never kill anyone because you wouldn´t have the resources but you get 1 3/10 if you are trolling and not stupid

Posted

So i can clearly say you never played ranger, because you cannot use Q cancel that often without awakening. look at his stamina bar he goes below 50% because his awakening skills only takes up mana and no stamina. you would just die as a ranger with low stamina because you cannot deal any dmg or use escape skills either. Please if you really link that video check ranger skills or atleast even play one ranger and the q cancel movement was nothing special either. If you would use it here you would never kill anyone because you wouldn´t have the resources but you get 1 3/10 if you are trolling and not stupid

I got a 57 ranger/sorc and 58 ninja, aswell as all others 50+. Feel free to continue building full AP and wonder when u dont hit or lack stamina.

Posted

I got a 57 ranger/sorc and 58 ninja, aswell as all others 50+. Feel free to continue building full AP and wonder when u dont hit or lack stamina.

Well then you never pvped with your ranger otherwise you would know you can´t kill anything with a q cancel except another ranger lol. This game is about cc an enemy and burst him down, while ranger is the only class which lacks this. you can clearly see that the ranger in your link just poked a bit and did all his work to kill the enemy with his awakening but pls go on and tell otherwise. I guess you don´t want to see it. there is no help anyway good luck to kill your enemys with q cancel :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well then you never pvped with your ranger otherwise you would know you can´t kill anything with a q cancel except another ranger lol. This game is about cc an enemy and burst him down, while ranger is the only class which lacks this. you can clearly see that the ranger in your link just poked a bit and did all his work to kill the enemy with his awakening but pls go on and tell otherwise. I guess you don´t want to see it. there is no help anyway good luck to kill your enemys with q cancel :D

If you actually read my post instead of crying out loud like most of the retard here i mentionned Q cancel for mobility with camera lock, not -----ing dmg. Feel free to blame ur lack of skills on the class like some people in this post.

Edit : It was some other ****** who brought in Q cancel for dmg, learn to read.

Edited by Azta
Insults

Posted (edited)

lmao did u draw that on like an actual piece of paper then scan it? 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

lmao did u draw that on like an actual piece of paper then scan it? 

You know it! haha

Posted

If you actually read my post instead of crying out loud like most of the retard here i mentionned Q cancel for mobility with camera lock, not -----ing dmg. Feel free to blame ur lack of skills on the class like some people in this post.

Which server you play on? :)

1 person likes this

Posted

They now have the iFrame and quick mobility needed to play successfully from near-melee range and gtfo before they can take real damage (unless *insert* Berserker).  Just because you die playing one doesn't mean it's a bad class.

I play Warrior, 

this section here is enough information for us to know you dont know shit. :D

Posted (edited)

Why are clueless people talking here? You guys don't even play ranger, and you ChunChun don't even know your own class. So please don't come here saying "When i hear people complaining about ranger being weak, i'm so close to shooting myself." Thats the most ridiculous thing coming from a sorc lol.

git gud.

Like the rangers in your guild who get facerolled 2v5 by alts and fall for every single tremble lure because they have no brain whatsoever with their predictable beginner playstyle and then flame people and refuse 1v1s after we politely asked. True mvps

Edited by Flaw

Posted (edited)

Show us a link of your ranger killing people with same gear or better sir. i guarantee you, you won´t except they play really badly or you get lucky and hit that kd. And calling me retard because i don´t disagree with your opinion let you look like a ragekid, just saying. Better present facts or anything because every ranger already use -----ing q cancel. Otherwise you couldn´t do anything. i would really like to know on which server you play, where rangers don´t use camera lock LOL. The problem is. that everybody runs away with low life  and you cannot chase or anything and there is no cc to help you to hold them in place. Show us all a glorious pvp video of your ranger against same geared/skilled opponents. You won´t win without a lucky Kd for sure.  They didn´t nerfed the longbowskills before awakening, they did it after because the kit was too strong with this... stop trying to act, that these nerfs came for our version and not the korean :)

Edited by Cosimala

Posted (edited)

Show me a NA/EU ranger thats highly geared beating other classes that are also highly geared and knows how to play. Then i will believe you.

You guys have no proof whats so ever, just saying "i heard from other ranger" "this KR guy". Yeah, thats so irrelevant.

I guess im one of the rangers you are looking for. I win at least 50% of my 1on1s against other highly geared and skilled ppl and alot of my rivals would be angry, if they read that they have to git gud:D sure there are classes, its way harder to win against, but every class has their counter.

Edited by Hacky

Posted

Rangers with extremely good gear can kill noobs faster than other classes, that's why they have lots of kills often.

Ranger with mediocre or good gear are pretty bad, squishy, no ccs, not enough burst, no dash.

Classes with more ccs but shit gear can still use their ccs and be incredibly useful in pvp. As ranger you need top gear or forget about pvp.

Posted

How come only NA/EU players consider ranger to be weak when: in JP poll, they voted that ranger is strongest class, with over 4k votes over any other class; in kr, in the official poll, ranger had 1k votes over warrior with awakening, as the strongest class, while warrior had double the amount of all other classes combined.  

Because we dont have awakenings yet, but we have the awakening patches wich totally scrues class balance? I mean cmoon chunchun you dont even partake in pvp you are super behind in gear and you are really bad sorc. You have nothing to base any arguments on. Fact is if in current state of game in eu/na if you lose to a  anywhere equally geared ranger in 1v1 it means one has to be wery special snowflake such as you because its almost impossible.

Posted

When i hear people complaining about ranger being weak, i'm so close to shooting myself.

What class gets highest score in RBF? Ranger.

What class makes most kills in gvg? Ranger.

What class makes most skills in small scale open world fights? Ranger.

What class has biggest advnatage? Ranger... i mean, hello? Range? And don't give me that bullcrap that every class has the capacity to catch up to you. -snip-, ever heard of dodging? 

What class can kill you IN ONE CC? RANGER! And you dare ask for more CCs?

So let me get this staight. Ranger is balanced only when it oneshots everything? Get your ass out of your ass and see that what you propose is broken AF.

Not to mention that after you get your awakening, you'll have the ability to keep your distance VERY EASLY, and the ability to KILL PEOPLE FROM DISTANCE FAST WITHOUT ANY RISK.

So shut up, ranger is anything but weak.

All you know is how to spam 2 skills. 

How come only NA/EU players consider ranger to be weak when: in JP poll, they voted that ranger is strongest class, with over 4k votes over any other class; in kr, in the official poll, ranger had 1k votes over warrior with awakening, as the strongest class, while warrior had double the amount of all other classes combined.  

GOD! Ranger can't handle 1v1? Well, guess what, this game is not about 1v1 arena fights.

you are clueless about your own class and you talk about rangers current state, topkek

and to all your questions the answer is witch/wiz then tamer/sorc

1 person likes this

Posted

you are clueless about your own class and you talk about rangers current state, topkek

7ogUYSl.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Because we dont have awakenings yet, but we have the awakening patches wich totally scrues class balance? I mean cmoon chunchun you dont even partake in pvp you are super behind in gear and you are really bad sorc. You have nothing to base any arguments on. Fact is if in current state of game in eu/na if you lose to a  anywhere equally geared ranger in 1v1 it means one has to be wery special snowflake such as you because its almost impossible.

193ap/260 DP. 2 boss pieces. Not exactly undergeard, but not top geard either. But hey man, forgot that for you gear = skilled. 

Taking into account that in node wars i was in top 10 for kills always, as a sorc, and second or third best sorc in the guild if going by the same thing, not that badly skilled either. 

So yes, indeed, i don't know anything. And using awakening patches that screw balance as a reason? WOW, dude, have you ever used your brain and thought that those patches scre balance for OTHER classes too? Ranger is not a special snowflake. 

Get down from that high horse man.

Indeed. Who's the one crying about ranger being weak? 

Posted

Taking into account that in node wars i was in top 10 for kills always, as a sorc, and second or third best sorc in the guild if going by the same thing, not that badly skilled either. 

So yes, indeed, i don't know anything. And using awakening patches that screw balance as a reason? WOW, dude, have you ever used your brain and thought that those patches scre balance for OTHER classes too? Ranger is not a special snowflake. 

Yh no you werent, on the time i was doing nodewars with you you were never anywhere close top 10 kills. Ofc since you claimed otherwise i went to check it cause unlike you i dont lie. Ur nowhere close to top kills, i got 4x ur kills and ur barely positive kdr against  that zero+ancestrall+cerberus alliance lol, not that kills in nodewards or rbf scores say anything about class balance to anyone except you tho.

http://puu.sh/pRtUM/ea9bbc9691.jpg http://puu.sh/pRtS8/2933abb72e.jpg

No clearly you havent thought about the patches. Ranger has awesome awakening that makes up for the stuff it lacks like mobility and cc without it ranger just has damaging abilities, other classes arent like this, some even dont have any awakening at all. Numbers have been adjusted around awakening wich massively gimps rangers while making some classes extremely op like mages and berserkers.

And you say things like ranger is best in rbf nodewars and smallscale even tho you barely have done them at all, myself im always looking for wpvpp sit 24/7 with #1 rbf icon and even though it dosent say anything about class balance i can definetly tell you on eu mages sorcs and tamers  have the biggest scores most often, ofcourse there is good players in all classes who are always high score but those 3 definetly have most often the highest scores. You wouldnt know this cause you dont do rbf you just claim some bullshit without any experience of it.  I have defended you many times when people told me you are retarded and the reason probably is i never read any of ur quides i always hear off, im sure they are full of clueless shit like u post here now. Be4 you say anything else about class balance in bdo you should first try pvp and git gud.

I look that pic  and i see even a valk had double ur kills lol u should be ashamed of urself lying like this

Taking into account that in node wars i was in top 10 for kills always