• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Maintenance August 10th

589 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Actually no, there isn't any try again, because that constantly happens in any P2W transitioned MMO out there. Gear suddenly takes over skill.

Haven't you been paying attention? 9_9

Funny, I've seen PLENTY of players wreck people with better gear.  The only times they didn't is when going up against better geared players of equal skill, which kills your argument yet again.  You should just stop responding bro, you keep digging that hole deeper and deeper with every word you speak  xD

Edited by tjr.gsa

Posted (edited)

Funny, I've seen PLENTY of players wreck people with better gear.  The only times they didn't is when going up against better geared players of equal skill, which kills your argument yet again.  You should just stop responding bro, you keep digging that hole deeper and deeper with every word you speak  xD

You're agreeing with me now? I think someone needs a nap.

Skill can't be acquired when you're throwing outside currency into a game. All you're doing is relying on your gear to beat your opponents. That poor keyboard constantly getting smashed.

And also throwing in the fact that you threw money into another game to get an advantage just proves my point further what's wrong with these types of games. gg 9_9

This argument is moot with someone so dense, so enjoy your deception and ignorance.

Edited by Niveous

Posted

You're agreeing with me now? I think someone needs a nap.

Skill can't be acquired when you're throwing outside currency into a game. All you're doing is relying on your gear to beat your opponents. That poor keyboard constantly getting smashed.

And also throwing in the fact that you threw money into another game to get an advantage just proves my point further what's wrong with these types of games. gg 9_9

This argument is moot with someone so dense, so enjoy your deception and ignorance.

Think you are the dense one m8.

Equal gear.... skill v skill not gear v gear.  It's okay to open your eyes.

Posted

Your reading comprehension is absolutely killing me, but at least you're predictable so maybe I can end this lackluster debate with my statement and your anticipated response:

I threw money at the game to get EQUAL OR WORSE gear than everyone else on the server, no advantage bro.  If you're mad about that then that means you're mad about 1 of 2 things:

1.  The fact you're bad at the game in question

2.  The fact I have funds to help keep pace with you

If you're mad about #1, I can't help you.  If you're mad about #2, then all I can say is I'm just as annoyed with the no-lifers who have 10+ hours per day to grind boring & routine stuff in the game as people who are mad that I have cash to bypass that boring, skill-LESS grind.

Satisfied?

Posted

Think you are the dense one m8.
Equal gear.... skill v skill not gear v gear.  It's okay to open your eyes.

Skill isn't the problem here. It's when you can pay for access to large amounts of silver which then leads to (easy) accessibility to greater tiers of gear + stones and shards. 

Now you have two individuals of equal skill, but one has a bigger wallet that allows them access to "the good stuff" much faster than his opponent.

Posted

Skill isn't the problem here. It's when you can pay for access to large amounts of silver which then leads to (easy) accessibility to greater tiers of gear + stones and shards. 

Now you have two individuals of equal skill, but one has a bigger wallet that allows them access to "the good stuff" much faster than his opponent.

Thank you. Jesus H Christ.

¬¬

Posted

Key word: faster.  If one person has more time than the other, then in the end it comes out a wash.  If not, then yes, it does suck being the player with the lighter wallet, I'm not denying that.  I'm just saying that said player can still reach the same goal as the other, he'll just end up achieving it afterwards.

Posted

Can I ask, do they usually give the patch notes after the update?

Usually, yes.

1 person likes this

Posted

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY PEARL ABYSS!

qgXqmlX.jpg

scumbags 

Posted

Key word: faster.  If one person has more time than the other, then in the end it comes out a wash.  If not, then yes, it does suck being the player with the lighter wallet, I'm not denying that.  I'm just saying that said player can still reach the same goal as the other, he'll just end up achieving it afterwards.

With this in mind, is it not reasonable to feel a bit outraged that the game is being updated to a version where this disparity between our two example players is widened that much more? Our wallet warrior, blessed as he may be, may now be ahead by weeks, if not months even. I believe this is the core of the disappointment on this side of the argument.  

Posted (edited)

Our feedback is important. Doesn't say a word.

Oh kakao.

s-64468011b328cc8d7b884b1edf0fbc216b3eac

I dont get why they keep posting maintenance and other stuff when they dont care about us..change w/e u want Daum! its the way u guys work anyway -.-

Edited by OhcaFoda

Posted

Wait wait.. so its it'll be 5:30am (for Aussies) ? Not 5:30pm like normal.. or am i missing something? xD

Posted

I dont get why they keep posting maintenance and other stuff when they dont care about us..change w/e u want Daum! its the way u guys work anyway -.-

It's like those employees who get paid to clean hotel rooms. Just fluff things up a bit. Minimal work. No one will notice. xD 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You at least fixed the Tamer pet right?... it's been bloody weeks since the issue was "acknowledged" by @CM_Aethon

Edited by TheEntelexia

Posted

With this in mind, is it not reasonable to feel a bit outraged that the game is being updated to a version where this disparity between our two example players is widened that much more? Our wallet warrior, blessed as he may be, may now be ahead by weeks, if not months even. I believe this is the core of the disappointment on this side of the argument.  

Yes I can agree with that to a point.  I'm still a noob in BD so I can't speak intelligently about this specific game, or whether I feel the changes coming tomorrow are truly P2W or not, but take the following scenario:

If the forthcoming changes allow a rich player with only 3-4 hours/day to achieve BIS/all slots 2 months before a major patch which renders the current gear outdated, and a poor player with the same 3-4 hours can't even get 1 BIS slot and 2nd tier gear for the rest of the slots to at least be able to compete, then I'll say that's P2W.  If he can, then it's not.

Likewise if someone has 10+ hours/day to spend on the game but no money and is able to achieve BIS/all within 1 month of someone with a loaded wallet, I'm sorry but that's not P2W.

Posted

Wait wait.. so its it'll be 5:30am (for Aussies) ? Not 5:30pm like normal.. or am i missing something? xD

it looks likes the normal times for Australians. Starts at 4pm AWST and goes till 9pm. Pretty standard fair. 

Posted

@CM_Aethon  @PM_Jouska  So No update on the Cash shop changes?  No response from Pearl Abyss?  Nothing to say regarding the HUGELY NEGATIVE response from a large majority your entire community?

Why do we even have these forums?  The communication you have with your playerbase  is absolutely abhorrent, negligent and unprofessional. 

At least Trion communicated with their playerbase.   At least their community managers spoke with us face to face even when crappy changes were coming down the pipeline and being players of the game themselves would sympathize or comment on the changes or give regular updates with regards to our requests and concerns. 

The way you have communicated to us (or the lack there of) makes us feel like you are intentionally trying to pull the wool over our eyes or manipulate us.   Even in my 2 years playing Archeage trion never treated with this much disrespect, transparent manipulation and lack of communication. 

RIP BDO.   Such a wonderful game Ruined by a horrible company and a greedy developer. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope there's a lot of corporate suicide.

Posted

Right. In the longer term the disparity grows with inflating prices, resulting in an increasingly steep barrier to entry which hurts new player retention. Since players are content, the game withers as old timers and whales grow bored of facing the same people over and over with little fresh blood to liven things up.

Posted

Anyone have any ideas on a different MMO to play. Preferably one that has decent combat, def not p2w. Could really use a diversion about now.

lol im sure w/e game u play that doesn't have p2w...will...eventually 

TIME TO

MgyMeBU.png

Posted

I'm sure the small percent of the whiners here on the forums only make 5% of the total player base. You will not be missed. If something like this makes you stop playing then see ya. Ask yourself this, even with the costumes up on the market, how many Kzarka and boss armor do you see on the market? How often do you see said items on the black market? Stop spewing your nonsense and think about it... I mean really think about. Anyways, I main hand an American Express and off hand an Visa, sup bruhs.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure the small percent of the whiners here on the forums only make 5% of the total player base. You will not be missed. If something like this makes you stop playing then see ya. Ask yourself this, even with the costumes up on the market, how many Kzarka and boss armor do you see on the market? How often do you see said items on the black market? Stop spewing your nonsense and think about it... I mean really think about. Anyways, I main hand an American Express and off hand an Visa, sup bruhs.

Truth.  Forums are but a tiny fraction of the true player base.  Last few mmos I've played, if I had a dime for every person that declared "it will die" I'd be rich.  All are still in business.  People don't get that they're out to make money, there's a reason sub-based mmos are being phased out...

Posted

Poopsenders.com

Who can dig up addresses?  :D

Posted

SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS "NEW FEATURES" HUEHUEUHEUHUEHUE

Posted

these forums do not constitute any sort of community.  Just a bunch of nolifers with nolife complaining about nolifer things.  Before p2w it was class balance, before class balance it was RNG, before RNG it was gender locked classes (not kidding).  When this is your community, who cares what happens to it.

What are you doing here posting mr nolifers ?  anything positive to bring ?

hi there mr 5%, nice seing you leave