• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Maintenance August 10th

589 posts in this topic

Posted

pics-photos-tissues-clip-art-ULFSvX-clip

Posted

Slowly going insane over this p2w bullshit.

307653.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I want the patch notes why must I wait 3 more hours

Because.....

joker-guywithaplan.gif

Posted

Can we kindly get a patch already that is 100% bug fixes etc? We are months in with the same bugs, memory leaks and other problems we've had since launch. Nothing has been fixed and it is keeping a lot of people from being able to play this game (myself included).

All the new (IE:buggy/p2w/whatever the heck) "content" can wait a week or so. We really just plain need some fixes not all the extra BS. >.<

Nah they need to release now so it is easier to get a refund in the 6 months period, these guys actually committed a big mistake... xD

Posted (edited)

funny thing i find with this shit show about being able to sell cash store items on the AH, this was a system the game was originally advertised with. 

there was a lot of hate that this was left out. 

It was considered them not allowing it was making it pay to win. 

---

Now we are getting it and the argument has changed. 

now ppl are calling it pay to win and making a fuss to having it dropped. 

---

Just cannot keep the players happy.

Interesting point of view. Many have spent tons of Dollars for "Convenience Cash Shop Items" to progress faster, leaving anyone who doesn't spend anything in disadvantage. 

Really shows the complexity of this game and how hard it is to keep it balanced.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by bwt

Posted

You can't stop it because there will always be people who literally spend 100's on the cashshop dus the ploy is succesful and goes on and on.. onto the next game.

There is a limit though someday they will reach it but still they shall continue to try and up to breach that limit forever.

Not really trying to downplay the effort of those against p2w, i feel your feels.. i do! Its just that some things will never change.

I myself have spent in total 40 in cashshop for 1 pet+appearance coupon and that fish costume. Except for maybe a weapon skin there isnt else i'd like.

Only if they idk come out with some really awesome thing i might spend more. I have no regrets perhaps my only complaint is that the stuff in the cashshop is rather expensive for what it offers.

Your Friends Cant Help You Now.gif

Posted (edited)

Hi there

I'm new to the world of Black Desert and i'd like to share my 2 cents on this matter. 

When i was deciding to play or not the game, something draw me back a little, it was the pearl shop, with stuff that was impossible to get without paying real money and have some impact in-game like the camo costume, pets and whatnot.

The definition of p2w is actually when you can obtain any kind of advantage by paying that can not be obtained by farming, in this case the pearlshop in it's current state is p2w.

Now this change actually gets rid of the p2w system, since it allows everyone to buy stuff from the pearlshop with ingame currency. Now please, before you jump in, thinking that is p2w because you can put in $$ to buy silver... well... that happends on every mmo i have seen so far, it's called Chinese service, if someone wants to buy silver, i'm quite sure they can do so. This change as far as i understand, just makes the game more accessible for everyone.

Sorry for my englando.

Edited by Nblake
3 people like this

Posted

New Patch notes xD u can expect something like that :P

Patch Notes 10/08/2016

- We didnt fix anything Except  for Sorceress - Nerfed again so it can be useless again and community will stop crying about them

- We added new Awesome Feature

-  Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place, and it will be increased to 50 pearl shop items per week in future

Posted

Everyone is raging about p2w. One I don't agree with it either but least I would be able to buy a clothing set and have bonuses that I don't have to pay with my own money. But 2 even if they make it p2w you have to have people willing to buy the items. And people wanting to buy the items off the market. Yes it sucks p2w but look at the bright side. You just saved a lot of real money by spending in game currency instead of real cash. 

Main problem is that most people, me included has lost the will to grind mindlessly for hours as it makes no sense anymore. Too much effort for basically nothing.

0 pvp, if you find pvp is just best geared wins most of the time, red battlefield is a joke, guild wars with the remaining population will be a joke, so basically this game is just a pure grindage. Grindage just for own e-peen value, and what does it happen when you can buy your progress with real money? That your progress is worth zero, as anyone can say that you bought your way up.

Posted

Posted

Average BDO player prepares to ask refund after patch today:

1 person likes this

Posted

u5ivmKqwbOI.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Main problem is that most people, me included has lost the will to grind mindlessly for hours as it makes no sense anymore. Too much effort for basically nothing.
0 pvp, if you find pvp is just best geared wins most of the time, red battlefield is a joke, guild wars with the remaining population will be a joke, so basically this game is just a pure grindage. Grindage just for own e-peen value, and what does it happen when you can buy your progress with real money? That your progress is worth zero, as anyone can say that you bought your way up.

The fact that folks didn't know that Korean games have a high level of grind in them shows a lack of research before purchasing the game. A lot of western players want instant gratification, such as in games with the ability to purchase a token to convert a toon to max level and fully geared, which is not something available in this game. That is a lot more pay to win than being able to sell old costumes in order to swap out to another costume via use of the marketplace. I know some folks that want to do the latter. Note also that the marketplace also relies upon buyers and sellers. If noone buys a listing, then the seller does not get any money. Also, a person is still restricted by ability and ping times as well. Multiple parties might also want to get in on the kill of a pesky varmit such as a griefer that snipes people as they are doing horse training between Velia and Heidel. 

Posted

funny thing i find with this shit show about being able to sell cash store items on the AH, this was a system the game was originally advertised with. 

there was a lot of hate that this was left out. 

It was considered them not allowing it was making it pay to win. 

---

Now we are getting it and the argument has changed. 

now ppl are calling it pay to win and making a fuss to having it dropped. 

---

Just cannot keep the players happy.

Never heard anyone say this. Every friend and review was praising it for not having that feature. It's the only reason I tried another Korean MMO because I thought they had some self-respect this time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't mind the maintenance but......

WHY YOU MAINTENANCE RIGHT AFTER I SPENT THE LAST 10 HOURS TO UPDATE THE GAME !

p/s: not blaming anyone though, my isp is potato

Posted

Hi there

I'm new to the world of Black Desert and i'd like to share my 2 cents on this matter. 

When i was deciding to play or not the game, something draw me back a little, it was the pearl shop, with stuff that was impossible to get without paying real money and have some impact in-game like the camo costume, pets and whatnot.

The definition of p2w is actually when you can obtain any kind of advantage by paying that can not be obtained by farming, in this case the pearlshop in it's current state is p2w.

Now this change actually gets rid of the p2w system, since it allows everyone to buy stuff from the pearlshop with ingame currency. Now please, before you jump in, thinking that is p2w because you can put in $$ to buy silver... well... that happends on every mmo i have seen so far, it's called Chinese service, if someone wants to buy silver, i'm quite sure they can do so. This change as far as i understand, just makes the game more accessible for everyone.

Sorry for my englando.

That is the wrong way to approach the issue. There should be Loyalty costumes or login rewards that grant the same cash shop bonuses, even if they end up being uglier. Why does someone have to gain advantage of you being poor irl?

Posted

"stop crying, they need cash to pay the employees, who pays their bills, who feeds their cat?"

http://2p.com/44287639_1/Black-Desert-Developer-Named-New-CEO-Aiming-at-Expanding-Mobile-Business-by-Wei.htm

KR MMO were, are and will be about cash grab.

And who ever thought it's not going the happen this time also, jokes on you. Stop being naive or make your research 1st.

Posted

Average BDO player prepares to ask refund after patch today:

xD

Posted

Hopefully it's gonna be infinitely hard to find troll's blood after the patch.

Posted

"stop crying, they need cash to pay the employees, who pays their bills, who feeds their cat?"

http://2p.com/44287639_1/Black-Desert-Developer-Named-New-CEO-Aiming-at-Expanding-Mobile-Business-by-Wei.htm

KR MMO were, are and will be about cash grab.

And who ever thought it's not going the happen this time also, jokes on you. Stop being naive or make your research 1st.

If they had a bit of brains, why not remove the cash shop and put a monthly subscription to this game. 15 euro's or something, remove the the shop items and let it be obtained by special events / world bosses. people will love this game and their familly's will be fed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Whoa the Whine is strong in this thread...

Giggle Giggle...

Posted

If they had a bit of brains, why not remove the cash shop and put a monthly subscription to this game. 15 euro's or something, remove the the shop items and let it be obtained by special events / world bosses. people will love this game and their familly's will be fed.

That, only their market analyst can answer 9_9 This might tell  us that their conclusion is more income will come this way, than with subscription.

Posted

because, if this is gonna happen 

I wanna see it and I wanna be a part of something really big 

To be on the first row to see the ship sinking :) 

I bet you didn't delete your characters though right?

Posted (edited)

You guys are too navie, the tone of that original post was more of a "heads up we're implementing this". Regardless how much they care for "feedback".

Edited by Hawks
1 person likes this

Posted

Everyone is raging about p2w. One I don't agree with it either but least I would be able to buy a clothing set and have bonuses that I don't have to pay with my own money. But 2 even if they make it p2w you have to have people willing to buy the items. And people wanting to buy the items off the market. Yes it sucks p2w but look at the bright side. You just saved a lot of real money by spending in game currency instead of real cash. 

Ingame gear and silver > costumes. you dont gain jack shit. You only get stronger incentives to pay to keep your gear competetive.