• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Maintenance] Maintenance August 10th

589 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay so, another time Daums horrid communication causes a panic and loses them money and time and pisses off the player base when almost all of this could have been avoided if you simply mentioned the caps put in place. 

$29 for 18m silver is horrible for someone trying to p2w, anyone who values money the slightest will not dump money to p2w this game. If anything this update turned out to be a really good thing because pearl shop items are available for anyone to get and extremely affordable in game at this moment. 

Now the concern is, will the price be raised to 50-100m in the future. The argument though is that the items are sitting on the market right now, people are slowly buying them for 18m but not buying them all out. This might simply be because it was just released and a few weeks later the amount of items being put on the market might be far less then the amount going up now. But if it continues like this the prices will not go up much higher if at all. Though I believe less items will be posted in the next few weeks and the price may rise. 

The price of pets has got to rise, those are always sold out but the outfits for instance are just sitting there. It looks like we are on the same page as the Japanese version of the game, which isn't horrible. The way things are NOW is a good balance, not allowing players to become far more successful in game by spending IRL money and selling items and allowing players to have access to cash shop items at a surprisingly low price of silver. 

Time and time again though Daums poor communication has hurt their player base. If you were to explain the price caps most of the chargebacks and quitters could have been avoided. 

+1

Posted

Milk_ing.thumb.png.8f5c0329fd4a3ed010696

And P2W is not as efficient as I was afraid of....for now.

Still feels like a critical backstab from DAUM/KK/PA but what irks me is the communication: a good communication beforehand is always more efficient than damage control.

1 person likes this

Posted

So you tried to speculate on pearl shop items and got screwed?

It's called karma.

ok i dont think you understand what i am talking about..i dont really care about this prices but the system of it makes no sense..

Posted

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

This is Fun..  As Many FREE PLAYERS The Most Important Things in Shop :  its Inventory Slot + weight+Banks Slot+Costumes(Hidden names/Cook/Procces/Horse/Etc)

Whats Wrong with you Kakao??

Are you Sure You care about Free Users?

or you just want money from p2w player and Free users must pay money too for those items i said????

Why Doing this to yourself and All players...Its So Strange.  Money Madness

Posted

18 million gold for $29? And people are paying $29 for that?

That's crazy and so not worth it.

1 person likes this

Posted

ok i dont think you understand what i am talking about..i dont really care about this prices but the system of it makes no sense..

C'mon man, i m not born yesterday. For which reason you wanted to keep and re-sell pearl shop items ? there's only one reason

If i misunderstood please explain me better.

Posted

18 million gold for $29? And people are paying $29 for that?

That's crazy and so not worth it.

Not worth it to you... is worth it to enough people that they have been doing it.
No matter how you cut the pie. If you can buy In game money with IRL Cash, no matter the amount, it is Pay to Win at it's very definition.

Kakao has lied, deceived and betrayed it's player base.
I am hanging around to watch this train wreck, but my time is being devoted to FFXIV.  I am with Morrolan on this... 

I'll hang around because my day to day activities for this game are as uncertain as their plan for this game. I'll keep making potions and selling them as a side project until there is more clarification on the future of Black Desert.

Posted (edited)

C'mon man, i m not born yesterday. For which reason you wanted to keep and re-sell pearl shop items ? there's only one reason

If i misunderstood please explain me better.

k, see now i got bored with 1 outfit and i decide to buy another wtf am i going to do with the old costume?

edit: wouldnt even mind that i am able to sell it for 50% lower price

Edited by Fluffyyy

Posted

If you can buy In game money with IRL Cash, no matter the amount, it is Pay to Win at it's very definition.

What dictionary are you using?

Posted (edited)

the D day

D stands for 3====D i * k

Edited by ivanakamarkus

Posted

Sorry for random but THANK YOU! I think that's like the third time on the forums I see someone use the correct word (than instead of then). :D 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sorry for random but THANK YOU! I think that's like the third time on the forums I see someone use the correct word (than instead of then). :D 

I most likely was one of those three considering it's a pet peeve of mine, lol. That and the incorrect usage of their, there and they're. 

Edited by Crookid
1 person likes this

Posted

I most likely was one of those three considering it's a pet peeve of mine, lol. That and the incorrect usage of their, there and they're. 

Don't forget your and you're as well x.x

Posted

I just wanna clear up a misconception that most of the community  seems to have that is vocal here. You seem to think P2W is simply allowing people access to cash shop items for ingame gold and it is not. The real definition of p2w is allowing players to buy items with cash or in game gold that innately give them some kind of definitive stat advantage, buff, etc that other players will not get access to sets them apart in combat and other facets of the game. That is clearly not this. Not even in the most minute sense. Getting extra combat exp does not give you more dmg, extra ap, more evasion, none of that. Nothing that is going to ruin someone's life in combat. On that note, the traveler's package. What it has done is stimulate the economy is a way I did not readily think about. The marketplace buff, has allowed items that you wouldn't normally see on the market to be listed and still be profitable even at low sale prices making a larger variety of items available to the community. This is a good thing. The life exp or combat exp or slots. Sure those are awesome, but still not something that will make you win a fight. Not to mention prices are still 30 dollars basically an outfit. It is beyond a minute amount of the community that puts down that will be able to put down the money to do so to even make a lot of ingame gold to do so. With the lowering of prices on tri's, duo's, pri's, etc, those items are more accessible to everyone now, and the game practically throws gold at you for grinding as this game has buffed lootable golds and nerfed our grinding experience repeatedly for it's western audience ( a bit too much in my opinion but I digress). So try and stay positive. A ghillie is not true pay to win. I can go get one right now, but I'll still get wrecked by stronger players with or without it on. This is just facts. As far as the maid, it's not worth the 12 dollars for only 50 weight, you'd have to in fact buy multiple to even make it viable, something I still feel isn't worth the financial investment. Koreans buy several. Just think about it. This is a business, it needs to make money, and evolve in ways to increase profit. This has by no means changed the way any of you play. Relax and enjoy BDO for all it has to offer.

Maybe back in 2009 this is true, but the p2w definition has evolved beyond this. Companies invented new ways to implement p2w features. Create a game with a huge grind or RNG element, then offer a cash way to reduce the grind, and a cash way to keep spinning the RNG wheel.

2 people like this