• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Possible solution to P2W

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm sure no one will take this seriously as I don't post on the forums that much. I don't really remember the last time I signed in to the forums, much less posted... 

However, it annoys me to observe seemingly mindless blithering over an issue but no substantive solutions presented. This thread, I guess, is my effort at brainstorming a possible solution.

As of now, there are only a few things that are lucidly absent of speculation: Daum/Kakao/PA have said they will introduce the selling of pearl shop items into the market place and that they have done so to foster accessibility for players who cannot spend money in the pearl shop for one reason or another. 

Given these statements, my idea would eliminate any P2W accusations:

Simply convert the money players spend on pearl shop items on the market place to loyalties (or some new monetary system that is not interchangeable with pearls in any way). 

This effectively eliminates the concern of players assuming some insurmountable advantage given to those who decide to spend money in the pearl shop since loyalties offer minute advantages similar to the prexisiting pearl shop items (before this furor about P2W).

This also achieves daum's two aims perfectly. Plus, they still earn money since people cannot reconvert loyalties into pearls. 

Please feel free to point out any glaring issues I may have missed when evaluating the plausibility of this!

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Cyanthrope
1 person likes this

Posted

somebody resume this please

>5 word = too long

Rana_epileptica.thumb.gif.f7f5869762191e

Posted

somebody resume this please

>5 word = too long

Rana_epileptica.thumb.gif.f7f5869762191e

that frog hurts my eyes

Posted

Yeah well Cyanthrope nice idea but they won't listen

Posted

Not sure if im reading it right but basically you're saying that pearl items should be exchanged for loyalty points or perhaps a new form of currency correct?

Posted (edited)

Well here's how the flow would look:

Player A buys cash shop stuff

Player B purchases with silver 

Player A gets loyalties (or something, some hybrid of silver and loyalties ideal for incentive to redistribute PS items)

Player B gets items

Daum/Kakao/PA gets paid

legit no one loses

sorry idk how to reply directly to people

Edited by Cyanthrope

Posted (edited)

You can buy Scrolls and drop rate items with loyalty though... Really it would only shift from one thing to another and not change what people are complaining about.

P.S. Thanks for the effort though. I don't think PA would create a whole new currency just for us either.

Edited by Nimalla

Posted (edited)

You can buy Scrolls and drop rate items with loyalty though...

so can anyone who has played the game for more than a month...plus people get access to items they want and the scrolls and such are still governed by rng drops. It's the simplest form of pay for convenience: instead of spending hours to get scroll drops, pay loyalties gained from sharing PS items with others (which you should be rewarded for). Everyone wins

Edited by Cyanthrope

Posted

If it were loyalty points then the whole loyalty store would probably require an entire overhaul . If its a new form a currency then that provides a new layer of complexity. Either way people against P2W will still regard it as P2W as long as money is being exchanged for any sort of in game benefits, in which case they wouldn't be wrong in saying that.

Posted

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/107830-simple-solution-to-please-everyone-✿◡‿◡/

We get them, to tell us what they need to make a "No-P2W" server happen. IF there is enough interest from people who want that environment they have a place to go. The other servers can offer their environment, we all like more choices ya? :D

Posted

If it were loyalty points then the whole loyalty store would probably require an entire overhaul . If its a new form a currency then that provides a new layer of complexity. Either way people against P2W will still regard it as P2W as long as money is being exchanged for any sort of in game benefits, in which case they wouldn't be wrong in saying that.

the issue with this is the fact that there should be some reward for spending money on the game. P2W should be relegated to things that break the way the game works. Plus everything in the loyalty shop is available to everyone regardless of externalities or outside-of-game factors. You simply play and you get these things. All this does is help achieve some sort of balance between external impositions of money and such onto the game and time spent within the game. 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/107830-simple-solution-to-please-everyone-✿◡‿◡/

We get them, to tell us what they need to make a "No-P2W" server happen. IF there is enough interest from people who want that environment they have a place to go. The other servers can offer their environment, we all like more choices ya? :D

hmmm that idea works only if we suspend better judgement. In the long term people, incoming players will choose the  freer to play servers almost exclusively simply due to there not being a buy in fee. I don't think dividing the player base along the haves and the want-nots will produce anything but animosity. Segregation has never been an effective form of selective integration...

Posted

the issue with this is the fact that there should be some reward for spending money on the game. P2W should be relegated to things that break the way the game works. Plus everything in the loyalty shop is available to everyone regardless of externalities or outside-of-game factors. You simply play and you get these things. All this does is help achieve some sort of balance between external impositions of money and such onto the game and time spent within the game. 

hmmm that idea works only if we suspend better judgement. In the long term people, incoming players will choose the  freer to play servers almost exclusively simply due to there not being a buy in fee. I don't think dividing the player base along the haves and the want-nots will produce anything but animosity. Segregation has never been an effective form of selective integration...

Apparently Nexon did what we are talking about according to one of the replies in that link I had there. I need to look into that more and I am honestly ignorant of it's findings. Also we are not suspending better judgement if that product is desired by enough people. Personally I would only try a free server with "P2W" enabled if I wanted to see the combat and graphics. I would pay more to avoid that than a normal sub as well. But I also tend to do what I say, find a fair solution as well as I can, So obviously I am a minor part of any population XD.

Posted (edited)

They want money, they won't accept any idea that brings them less money, only ideas that bring more money.

Edited by crosspath