• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - August 10th

915 posts in this topic

Posted

capped at 20m per costume set..you people quitting over this? *rolls eyes*

Of course they want to cap it at 20m .. then they will raise it at 30 mil when they see not enough cashshop items are being soled , then at 40 and so fuking on ... how is this so hard to understand ... milky milky milky!

Posted

In all fairness, chargebacks are a serious issue for any business. Because people are childish and improperly making chargebacks, Kakao incurs a fee for each chargeback, even if the customer ends up losing or withdrawing the chargeback. So all the whiny kids making chargebacks create an issue for Kakao, and it is within their right to fight back against chargebacks both publicly and within the chargeback process. Everyone from Twitch streamers to multinational corporations speaks out against chargebacks, but when the maker of a video game does it, suddenly you feel violated and call foul.

Aside from that, most people think you simply click "dispute" button in your credit card provider's control panel and then money is magically refunded back to you. This is not true. First, the credit card provider floats you the balance of the refund out of good faith, as in "this guy probably isn't being a whiny, fraudulent -----boi, so we'll give him the benefit of the doubt and give him the refund out of our own money." Then, they pursue that money from the merchant, in this case Kakao. However, the chargeback process operates like a mini trial, and the credit card issuer is the jury.

A customer who initiates a chargeback should be compiling an assload of evidence that the product was never delivered or the service was not rendered as stated, because you can be sure Kako will be compiling receipts, ad copy, your gameplay logs, etc. to prove that you bought the game as it was presented to you and then continuously played it, making one's chargeback fraudulent. And then suddenly, weeks later, after the customer has probably spent all of that magic refund, their credit card account is once again hit with the full charge of the refund after they inevitably lose the chargeback.

It's rather a grey area. However, the fact remains that this is a P2W element. In its current state, with the Marketplace limitations being what they are, it's not an extremely threatening P2W element. This is very likely to change, though. If/when people realise that they aren't getting their money's worth in silver, they will stop spending real money in the Pearl Shop. This will either cause the Pearl Shop items to reduce in real life cost, or it will cause the value in the Marketplace for those items to rise. Knowing Kakao, which do you think is more likely? They have already made it very clear that the support of their community and playerbase is not something they are interested in. The Marketplace value of those items will rise, resulting in a more prevalent P2W system.

I didn't purchase this game as a result of the promises that were made with regards to there being no P2W, but several people did. Kakao made have used clever wording such as "at this stage" or "for now", but the simple truth is that people were mislead into buying the game on the back of these promises. Those promises are now being broken, and the product they paid for is no longer the product they have. It'd be like me buying a burger at a restaurant, taking a bite, and then the waiter taking it away and replacing it with a hotdog. The fact that Kakao is now worried about all these chargebacks alone means that people have a basis for requesting them. I say go nuts, people - if you feel you're a victim of their bait and switch, then request a chargeback. Show this greedy organisation that they won't get their money's worth by betraying and ignoring their community. Personally, I've already uninstalled the game and have no intention of picking it up again, so if they ban my account, so be it. Just shows how threatened and untrustworthy they are with regards to their players.

1 person likes this

Posted

Keep them low now so the biggest whales bite, then jack up to 50+m after 8/22 to reel in slightly more casuals. Then do Awakenings in September and Valks cry early October. F2P with Dark elf update.

Posted

"I'm leaving"
"Ok"
"I'm really doing it."

"Okay"
"Well, aren't you going to stop me?"

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If the prices remain as they are...You'd be silly to sell them for those prices. I've already spent a fair amount on the game, and would certainly NOT spend more to sell for silver in that regard.

"P2W" has been here since day ONE. Do you have any idea how many T7s I've gotten and sold for 40-55 mil from using the breeding reset tokens? Since day one.

Yes, I understand people are upset that their feedback was largely ignored. People whine and cry over everything these days though. You simply CAN'T make everyone happy. I will continue to play the game (and other games, variety is the spice of life!).

Also, the email about the charge backs is not threatening. Do you really expect to charge back and still have access to your account?? In what world is that logical? You paid for something, you charged it back, you LOSE the item(s) you paid for. That happens IRL as well. Common sense people....

Edited by Keytal
Spelling error.
1 person likes this

Posted

65 million. Value pack buff is voided on pearl shop items. This is stated in the description.

It is not i bought and sold so try again

Posted

That's it. I'm out. You can keep your P2W garbage. 

Posted

So the history do not change, but the future will tell.

On 2016. 08. 04., PM_Jouska said:

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Then Pearl Abyss can understand the following:

• players are gonna make decisions to refund their money
  • players are gonna leave > the game is gonna lose from the player base = loss of income
  • players are gonna share thoughts with other players about the current state of the game > the game cannot expect more players = bad opinions
  • the game is gonna lose from the popularity in overall, the new players - friends of current players, shared thoughts about pay to win in the online media - do not want to try this game with these conditions based on their bad experience with other korean mmo's in the past

In overall the judgment of all the korean games are gonna lose more from the popularity in the NA/EU region.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Pearl Abyss did not ask the players what would they take necessary in-game accessibility to Pearl Items.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who,

could buy the game because of the BUY TO PLAY business model

for whatever reason,

there is no need to find other reason if somebody can buy a game, buy a pc, pay the electricity bill

do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

What causes the following issues that mentioned above.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

The NA/EU players did not ask what the korean, japanies, russian players think about these features which allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items in a FREE TO PLAY business model.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

Thank you for your understand.

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

PS.: When a multinational company want to play with the trust of millions of costumers, it has a global impact that change the future of all these kind of companies. Like a drop in the ocean.

Posted (edited)

I am glad it is finally here so all you folks whining like babies will shut up and go back to whatever place makes you happy. Most of you will be back anyway, but of course you will change your name.

Edited by Chayne424
1 person likes this

Posted

Do you even play the game? even if they raised the cap to 80m it wouldnt be a game changer.I make that in a day 

Posted

now all the Bill Gates saying " You whiners can leave"

Posted

Do you even play the game? even if they raised the cap to 80m it wouldnt be a game changer.I make that in a day 

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF IT WAS 500m.........

U sir are missing the whole point or are just to committed financially into the game that u just refuse to see it...

Make a thread on the forum and ask the community * HOW MANY OF U WOULD OF STILL BOUGHT THE GAME IF THEY SAID THEY WOULD BE SELLING GOLD AFTER SOME TIME * 

This is about consumer rights sir...

Posted

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF IT WAS 500m.........

U sir are missing the whole point or are just to committed financially into the game that u just refuse to see it...

Make a thread on the forum and ask the community * HOW MANY OF U WOULD OF STILL BOUGHT THE GAME IF THEY SAID THEY WOULD BE SELLING GOLD AFTER SOME TIME * 

This is about consumer rights sir...

It's never been about consumer rights. You are using that as your shield to legitimize your position. Flawed logic, and everyone sees it.

Posted

Good God, what a bunch of whiny kids.  Honestly, I don't see this as p2w.  Anyone who truly believes that fail at math.

I mean, the current price for costumes seems pretty daft for anyone who open their wallets to it.  (Unless they like giving money to Daum for meager gains...)  Not that I'm all that concerned since I wouldn't mind obtaining a few outfits with ingame gold much in the same way as I earn gems in Guild Wars 2.  It's great for those of us who aren't made of money and are more than happy to farm for cosmetic items.

2 people like this

Posted

woot all you kids steal your parents CC, and put stuff on the AH for me to buy. Really people! How many of u can realistically spend 150-200$ a week on a game and still have the rng god spit in your face and lol when he eats all your items u just bought with the silver u might make. If I buy a CS item, I'm keeping it. I'm not spending 30$ on some item for someone else to use. People need to get a life, it's a game. If you guys have so much free time to play, why don't u go learn a real life skill, like how to change your own cars oil. My 2cents!!!

3 people like this

Posted

Again people who dont understand Pay to win making stupid comments. 

the ability to sell cash items on the AH was always planned, and was advertised as a feature. 

when the game launched and it was not implemented the was back lash calling it pay to win as these items where locked behind a pay wall. 
(still could be argued as functional items are non salable.)

BUT 

Now that we have it, stupid people are cutting sick and calling it pay to win now. 

its stupid, just stop. if you don't like it leave.

1 person likes this

Posted

The price now is just the start point it will see a tenfold on the price in the next few days - everyone will try to get the most silver for the money they paid

People said that with dye's >_>

Posted

It's never been about consumer rights. You are using that as your shield to legitimize your position. Flawed logic, and everyone sees it.

I won't even try and understand your logic when lying about something does not seem to bother u at all..

Posted

"Functional costumes will be excluded for trading (Splat Fisher’s Clothes, Treant Camouflage, Venia Riding, Desert Camouflage, Venecil Dress, Karki and Canape)".

"Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items."

You want players to have access to these "features" but you excluded these "features" from being trade????? Daum its time to stop lying.

Ahah we value your feedback guys. We take them and we throw in our garbage.

What was the point of asking for our feedback?

"We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change."

Why lie more

Yeah.. so these multi-quoted responses here,  pretty much sums it all for me. 

I can't / don't want to support this behaviour in ANY company on the way it deals with its clients and consumer base .. 

and before any of you try to say I wouldn't understand how its like to run a game company or understand it's needs.  I do in fact work for more than a couple of the largest game developers in the United States and Japan .I love MMOs and RPGs & RTS games. 

But this is a deal breaker for me.   @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon

I'm going to just speak with the one language everyone understands universally, and let me money speak for my interests elsewhere.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I won't even try and understand your logic when lying about something does not seem to bother u at all..

If I was to be upset about every single instance of a business/company that either has a low totem-pole representative who makes a claim that they don't follow through with, or do / or the company heads & marketing are issuing statements that don't line up with reality - I wouldn't own very much. No one would.

That's the reality of the world, and the fact that you accept it each and every day, but in this instance - you're making this very specific exception for BDO - is a prime example of why you're being nothing than a man-child. It's not about consumer rights, it's completely that you feel it will change your gameplay experience.

Your very continued presence on this forum helps do nothing but perpetuate that you're every bit of willfully dishonest, as much, if not more so than the company you are crusading against.

Edited by triggered
1 person likes this

Posted

Stoked for T8 and Imperial trading. 

Still not worried about selling aesthetic cash shop items/value packs -- with the cap of 5 items it maxes out at just under 100m/week if you spend $100/week on full outfits, before taxes, at their current prices (19m for a full box), and if they sell. A player could match/exceed that by selling afk-leveled horses (as of now I could exceed that selling 4 horses).

But anyone spending $100 week for silver... poor guys.  

Posted

I love it !!!Again its the same people quitting since the first patch came out and they are STILL here quitting so fkn funny!!! PLEASE just quit already and Cleanse our forums of your lies and false promises. You know its all bullsyt when the servers top guild including mine have maybe 4-6 less people then last week. Mine went from 99 to 97 the top 2 are 96 and 94 so stop with the im quitting bullshyt lies.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dear devs/publishers, you had the audacity to lie to us who made you who you are, acted as if our feedback was important to you and then decided to completely ignore it.

I promised I'd never ask for a refund for a game I've played. Since you don't respect your promise I'm wondering if I can respect mine. Time will tell.

What a sad day this is.

Posted (edited)

Newsflash, the vocal minority were already terrible at the game and relied exclusively on gear gap to compete.  Fortunately, they are also too dumb to realize these changes won't result in any significant number of players being added to the group at the soft gear cap place where they reside.

qq gg

Edited by Talentless

Posted

so yeah i will leave the game ----- you daum i think we could get our money back because before some patcher the game said not to be p2w i didnt pay for that shit