• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - August 10th

915 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

if it sticks to JP version of market and prices stay fairly low I'm not mad, it's very minimal harm silver wise. However the terrible communication between this company and the community still sets me off, and has been my issue with daum since the beginning. If they stated prices and how it was all going to work earlier on instead of being so vague they wouldn't lose people.

agree they literally just harm themselves for doing that its literally stupid from all points of view even from the companys business point of view that only wants to make profit just why.. lol

This is so lame D:  Well looks like time to go back to WoW most likely.  Honestly if they would just drop the prices of the pearl shop items they would make a TON more money with it...  But instead they go for this lame potentially game play ruining plan instead.  Instead of making more money you guys are going to loose a ton of players that buy pearl shop items regularity like myself.  I will never buy pearls again now, I have a feeling I'm not the only one either....

just one question what can you not buy with money in WoW ?

Edited by ElectriczZ

Posted

Reading first line of text was enough for me

"Greetings Adventurers" ?

Posted

Congrats you just completely killed this dieing game 

Posted

RIP BDO

Enjoyed  the game up until now... Cant support P2W, so im signing out... Cya all in the next game, take care...

Posted (edited)

This is no different than the WoW Token.

Exactly.  I having nothing against WoW.  Played it since 2004 and loved it for years--but you are exactly right.  I don't understand how everyone (including LazyPeon) gives Blizzard a pass for being a "safe" company that'll supposedly never allow P2W, yet when BDO does the same exact thing, Pearl Abyss are the spawn of Satan.  Makes no sense.

There is nothing more or less advantageous here than the WoW Token or other real-world --> in-game currency systems in place in many MMOs.

The irony is if the genre had stayed subscription-based, none of this crap would be happening in any game.  It's the whining about paying $14.99/month that got us all here to begin with.  Guess people should've supported the gaming industry instead of demanding everything for free.  Too late to turn things around now, unfortunately.

Edited by kremzeek
1 person likes this

Posted

Easter egg hunt - count how many whiners have a post count of <5 and a forum account creation date of August.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not personally bothered by the current implementation of the RealMoney Items <-> Auction House Silver exchange.  But I am boycotting it none the less this week by not logging in at all to stand in solidarity with everyone else who wants to see their Player Metrics suffer.  Maybe not all of us can vote with our wallets on this issue (b/c we sold those wallets to buy another pack of ramen noodles) ... but we can vote with our Participation which in a lot of cases actually hurts Korean Designers a lot more than voting with a wallet does. 

As for the reasoning:  It's communication.   This isn't as much a P2W issue as it's the most glaring example to date of terrible or non-existent community Interaction between the players, the Monetization teams, and the Korean Designers.  Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE is being selfish little -----s and no real communication is being prioritized between those three "tribes".  So I hope their numbers really suffer this week and that enables everyone to start looking at the REAL problems with this system.  Which is:  Everyone is wrong, and everyone needs to rethink what the real problems are with this game.  It's not Black Desert & White Desert.  It's 50 shades of Desert. Everyone is being distracted by their own Pet-Absolutes and no one is addressing the root causes of why these arguments started to arise in the first place.

Posted

You guys obviously didn't play Runes of Magic.    (Imagine if black stones were a cash shop only item).    THAT is P2W.   Couple pets and costumes?  lol This does not ruin the game for me.  

They need to NEVER let the prices increase though and uhm please check the BOT activity on the Desert Foxes.

184 already sold on our server (probably speculating the price will go up).    5 up for sale at a time, all get the B-corner bot protection thing but even pretyping captcha I can't hit return fast enough when the B disappears, all 5 are sold instantly.

Posted

The irony is if the genre had stayed subscription-based, none of this crap would be happening in any game.

Subscription models are no longer Viable in our economy and it's not Video Game publishers' faults.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2015/12/09/the-american-middle-class-is-losing-ground/

We are now a nation of Paupers and Whales with no middle ground to support any "Fairer systems".

Posted

This is so lame D:  Well looks like time to go back to WoW most likely.  Honestly if they would just drop the prices of the pearl shop items they would make a TON more money with it...  But instead they go for this lame potentially game play ruining plan instead.  Instead of making more money you guys are going to loose a ton of players that buy pearl shop items regularity like myself.  I will never buy pearls again now, I have a feeling I'm not the only one either....

20kk for an entire costume is a lame potentially gameplay ruining plan? ahahahahahahahah

Ye, go back to WoW where you can literally buy gold and level 100 with euro. Not hipocrite at all, nono :D

Posted

ok....but did you fix the damn autoloop feature?? Gonna be hard to level T7 horses the way it keeps stopping right now. So good luck getting T8 :/. Maybe there should be less CM's working on making new problems and more working on fixing the issues we already have.

2 people like this

Posted

Exactly.  I having nothing against WoW.  Played it since 2004 and loved it for years--but you are exactly right.  I don't understand how everyone (including LazyPeon) gives Blizzard a pass for being a "safe" company that'll supposedly never allow P2W, yet when BDO does the same exact thing, Pearl Abyss are the spawn of Satan.  Makes no sense.

There is nothing more or less advantageous here than the WoW Token or other real-world --> in-game currency systems in place in many MMOs.

The irony is if the genre had stayed subscription-based, none of this crap would be happening in any game.  It's the whining about paying $14.99/month that got us all here to begin with.  Guess people should've supported the gaming industry instead of demanding everything for free.  Too late to turn things around now, unfortunately.

Cause only addicted nerds can accept to pay 180 euro/month for a game, when i can play a solo player for 40-60 euro forever. Seriously, paying 15 euro each month FORCE me to play tot hours each day to make it profitable, it's like working.....

Whiners here complain about p2w but i can bet 90% of 'em never reached the 180$ WoW tax

Posted

The only thing for those saying wow is p2w too because you can buy game gold.. are you able to straight up buy best in slot gear with said gold? If not, to me this cant be compared. I havent played wow in a while though, but i also wouldnt support wow if it was possible to get bis gear with rl cash.

Posted

ok....but did you fix the damn autoloop feature?? Gonna be hard to level T7 horses the way it keeps stopping right now. So good luck getting T8 :/. Maybe there should be less CM's working on making new problems and more working on fixing the issues we already have.

are you not using alt to create a personal waypoint for yourself to avoid getting trolled by guild members?  I have not experienced a problem with auto looping for the past week or so on a wagon with 4 t7s in tow for 12-13hrs a day while I am at work.

Posted

does anyone have the rough prices for the outfits and pets? :D

Posted (edited)

what's the point in asking us in the first place when you plan on to ignore the majority?? :'D :'D :'D
and the real ----- move here is that we can't sell our owned costumes;
we can't switch the same costume between our characters was already a bummer... but we can't sell it when we maybe want to switch a new set is just... urgh.

Edited by Yveni

Posted

How do i get a refund??

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

does anyone have the rough prices for the outfits and pets? :D

costumes are capped to 19,9kk pets 5-6kk max

I know, that's insane....whales will buy PEN gear in 1 millisecond :D

Edited by Estiqaatsi

Posted

costumes are capped to 19,9kk pets 5-6kk max

I know, that's insane....whales will buy PEN gear in 1 millisecond :D

Dude you can make more than that in a day if you no life. LOLOLOL omg xD Edan had a protest few days ago and people who supported this change stopped them and their protest only lasted a day, never again a protest on Edan from what I saw. And everyone who was protesting didn't even stand up for themselves in Edan at all today, they knew they were wrong. Dumb cucks 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you daum for having a reasonable $ to silver ratio!

Posted

Your Credit Score could be impacted. 

Like 10 year old whiny kids know what that is.

Posted

The prices are capped at 19.99 million. The 100 mil costumes are the awakened costumes that cost $55. Stop -----ing. 

Posted

it seems capped atm at 19,913,400mil, not sure if its gonna go up or not. Been like this for 2h now. We'll have to see.

+1

Posted

I like how it was about "giving access to pearl shop items" and then some very useful (and for some users the most P2W) stuff gets left out (P2W because it gives advantages that you can't get by playing) like Ghillie, underwear, fish costume etc.

In general I am happy the way it turned out though because the prices are low enough to not make any serious P2W possible, but ...

... I don't think the prices will stay low for long, my trust in this company is gone.

1 person likes this

Posted

How do i get a refund??

"BDO is classified as an ongoing service (take note of this... it's important for later).

PM Joshkua stated on their forums that there wouldn't be any P2W elements (an authorized representative of our version of BDO). Add-on's (pets, Costmetics etc) are purchasable for the product, BDO and are considered an investment/enhancement to the product. They're now introducing P2W elements.

Any written/verbal statement by an authorized representative of the product on their official communication mediums (posts, twitter, twitch live feeds etc) is legally binding in the EU and most states of the US. In the EU any ambiguity in statements etc are to go in the favour of the client/end user.

By introducing P2W and defying the statement from PM Joskhua Daum/Kaka have committed contractual fraud and false advertising. Therefor... All payments made related to the product are refundable via chargeback or Section 75 and depending on your card provider (Visa, MasterCard etc) can be reclaimed from 570days prior to the claim. Remember the important bit... on-going contract... Generally claims are possible for a timespan of 120 days. However there are a few exceptions including subscriptions, ongoing contracts and development investment/staged payments.... these carry a timeframe of up to 570 days with Visa."

Also note that if Kaka is still operating out of the EU then the EU regulations and protections apply to all clients and not just those residing within the EU.
1 person likes this