• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - August 10th

915 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

People dont seem to understand that players who are already playing alot and have good gear can also pay to get even bigger income wich is a bigger deal than scrubs who think they can catch up by pay to winning. doesnt matter to me anymore i left the game already have fun.

Edited by Yatozin
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

SEE YOU ! Well, no, enjoy my absence

EDIT : Might come back for ranger awakening thoughdae97ef576.jpg

I don't mind sharing my (trolling) work but a quote would've been more elegant...

Edited by Drasil

Posted (edited)

the marketplace is super regulated? Are you f@&King kidding me? Market place prices are random, anyone who crafts from a living in BDO like I do knows this. Market place randomly changes max prices despite supply vs demand.

get your facts right before taking a superhero BDO saving approach. 

lol it's either a free market, which we know bdo isn't. 

Or it's regulated in some way like bdo is. 

BDOs market has its fking calculations or whatever in the background that change the min max prices, it's their way of regulating the market. Sorry if it seems random to you, but random or not doesn't stop the market from being considered regulated or limited .

If an item like dyes caps at 4 mill it caps for a reason, because the market is regulated. 

Youre confused because a free market is a market that responds directly to supply and demand, BDOs market is different. 

Edited by Moz
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

they will be ahead of us in no time

Not really sure about this.

I mean, if people sell CS items on Market, then they'll buy gear from it. Who's putting that gear on the Market place and who's going to buy costumes, pets etc.

1. Gear sellers are players who play for hours and who loot gear. Isn't that logic? Let's call them pure grinders.
2. CS item sellers are those who don't play much and want some gear.

I think that CS sellers will buy gear from grinders so grinder will be able to have pets, costumes with bonuses only by spending some silver. In exchange, people who don't play that much will have access to better gear.

Who'll win in this system? I think both.

Imho, this game had a P2W side but allowing CS items to be sellable on the Market is breaking it. You don't need anymore to spend real money for items which help a lot (automatic loot for silver, exp bonuses for silver and so on). The gear bought using silver from CS item transactions is only the gear that can be found ingame.

Looking from this point of view, I don't understand why people are so upset.

Edit : I'm not defending P2W because I don't see any form of P2W in this patch. Actually, it's the exact opposite. So, I see this update clearly saying : "NO TO P2W !!!"

Edited by Kaeldrick

Posted

costumes are capped to 19,9kk pets 5-6kk max

I know, that's insane....whales will buy PEN gear in 1 millisecond :D

das actually not bad thanks :D

1 person likes this

Posted

This patch will put "wallet warriors" on par but mostlikely ahead of players that plays ton of time in Black Desert how that is fair? Basically this patch saves crazy amount of time in Black Desert. This game is all about grind in order to be the best but now when Someone want to be the best, he just take his.... credit card out and FIGHT! GG.

Posted

This patch will put "wallet warriors" on par but mostlikely ahead of players that plays ton of time in Black Desert how that is fair? Basically this patch saves crazy amount of time in Black Desert. This game is all about grind in order to be the best but now when Someone want to be the best, he just take his.... credit card out and FIGHT! GG.

At 85m per week they will pass up the people that play 12+ hours a day... That is pretty amazing.

Posted

I'm just really sad. That's all I can feel I guess. The fact that the market prices make selling these pearl shop items inefficient doesn't change the fact that you can supplement your income by ~70m a week if you can afford it. This is another example of trading the integrity of your game for money. Call me old fashioned but I remember a time when MMOs were considered an escape from reality precisely because they were isolated from real life. You got out what you put in. You couldn't influence your game experience by spending hundreds or thousands of dollars. You weren't at a disadvantage because of your social status, or your class. It was a fair world, different than the real world, where the outcome of a person's journey wasn't influenced by their birth. Everyone who played accepted the base rules of the game, everyone started at the same beginning, and may the best player win. Gone are those days I suppose. Every time a change like this is made, it shatters the perception that the game is "honest", because it's not anymore. It's lost its fairness with respect to how the real world influences it. You may say that it had already crossed this line, and I would agree with you, but this is yet again a new level.

Another problem is that it never stays at this level. It's like Pandora's Box. You can't control it once you cross this line, I've seen it from many other MMOs. The cash shop always has to have new things added to it when people are finished buying the old stuff. That's just the nature of it. I remember Aion's cash shop was "never" going to have power items in it years ago when they went F2P, but what does it have now? There was an event where you could straight out buy the best enchantment stones in unlimited quantities. The problem is I've never seen a developer or publisher have the self-control to reel in the cash shop. Even look at this game in the past 5 months. The monetization of BDO has become increasingly aggressive. From initial box price, to costumes, to the KR pet breeding system being added, to horse breeding and skill resets, to pet appearance change coupons, to horse appearance change coupons, to the Value Pack being added, to the now open selling of cash shop items. I have no reason to believe it will stop either. It is not in PA/Kakao's best monetary interests to keep the exchange rates for the pearl items low. This results in less sales for them. When sales decline they WILL be forced to change it to keep making money, that's how the business model they've chosen works. It's an easy change for them to be suddenly worth more silver in game. Their in game economy system is in fact perfectly set up for such changes. They have no qualms about aggressively monetizing this game.

As a final aside, I think it's extremely scummy to withhold many important game features that people have been waiting months for like T8 horses, and Imperial trading/fishing, and then release a bunch of these features at the same time of this change to soften the blow of it. I also think they let speculation of the silver prices run rampant on purpose, so that when they released these cheaper prices it didn't seem as outrageous. It's a classic psychology technique akin to the door-in-the-face. I don't like feeling manipulated.

Posted

sweet!

Posted

so my post and 3 quoted posts of me got deleted. nice way kaka

Posted

Thanks, Daum! I'm glad our feedback was important to you!

one month latter... !@#%$#& :D

Posted

Posted

desert fox is up to 6mil now  =D

Posted

People dont seem to understand that players who are already playing alot and have good gear can also pay to get even bigger income wich is a bigger deal than scrubs who think they can catch up by pay to winning. doesnt matter to me anymore i left the game already have fun.

Lol 75 mill is nothing to people who are already ahead, also no one who is top tier is going to spend 150 dollars a week for the same amount of money as 9-10 hours of grinding or less. They're ahead for a reason and that's cuz they put in way more hours than that every day. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ALSO THANK YOU FOR DELETING ALMOST ALL OF MY POSTS IN THIS THREAD

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING YOUR TRUE SKIN

BEST SCUMBAG COMPANY ON THE INTERNET!

https://youtu.be/wdof_NJ2tpo

Edited by KarmaLoop

Posted

In the end the BDO team didn't listen when such a large majority of the community (including myself) wanted them to stick to the original buy2play business plan without pay2win, as it was advertised to be. Clearly the people making the decision (I don't know if it's Daum/Kakkao/Coconut/PA/Aliens, who cares) don't care about the people. In the end the people that make the decisions, whoever they are, don't care about us, so I'm out. It's a shame cause I had high hopes for this game and I was hyped for the tier 8 horses and the upcoming tier 9 horses that were announced. Guess I won't get to experience that what I looked forward to the most anymore. Didn't even get to try Awakening Warrior :/ I feel like I wasted all my time here because everything I was looking forward to came after they ruined the game for me with their ignorance towards the community and their p2w. 

Posted

Being loud and/or vocal =/= majority. Sorry (not really).

Posted

So sick of stupid little brats complaining and making false threats here. Rip, uninstall, etc. I wish you would just do it and leave game but instead I still see people in game complianing about p2w etc. If you are not satisfied? Leave. If you want your money back because the game is evolving? Sure but just pay your share of use and shipping with the cost of the server load your afk toon exerted on the server for months. How about that? No? You complained a few patches ago why are you still in game?

As for p2w, why is it that someone who makes good money in real life can't win by just buying themself a maxed out character with full maxed out gear and not spend more than 20 minutes in game a day? I'm paying and I'm not winning. Oh I have to actually play it? You mean I can't just send my credit card in there and split your toon in half? How about those who don't make much money but still wants to enjoy the luxuries? Well now they can. It's called paying with their time. Same with real life people who fly coach or drives a 15k car compare to private jets and has a driver that drives them around a RR. Those who can't afford to pay money will pay time and those who can't afford time pays money. People expects everything to be free because they do not value their time since their time is worth near nothing other than a waste of resource on this planet. There is a reason why entertainment cost money. It's for those who can afford it. People who wants free entertainment can go to the park and make sure you walk there because that is free. Don't pay for electricity or internet connection to play a online game because it actually cost money. So rant on about why you think developers won't listen to silly complaints. It's not like you are a paying customer anyways. You paid to buy the game to play it and to continue using their servers, but just like anything in life, if you want more you need to pay people for it. Products that people want will cost money otherwise the people who developed the product would be doing it for free. If I have a product people want they better whip out that cc and show me the money otherwise go find yourself a frisby and play with Fido. I would pay millions if I can buy back the time I've already used. Maybe one day they will have a technology to allow us to buy other people's time. Since most don't value it, the few who does can afford it and we have world peace.

Posted

Reading first line of text was enough for me

bye then :D

Posted

they will be ahead of us in no time

LOL. Guys do simple math come on. If someone is buying and selling these costumes its only 338m a month. This is also if the person has the value pack. You should be grinding in a normal day ~6hours about 40mil (this does NOT include passive income). You do the calculations this is only just about 9 days of farming. You add in weekend hours in this its about 5 days of grinding for $400. If people want to spend that much money on such a small gain you know what I say....THANK YOU FOR PAYING FOR THE SERVERS PLEASE SWIPE MORE.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thank god this happen. Maybe the p2w whiners will finally quit,  but then again they are probably logged in as they write their "I'm quitting" post.

Edited by gaijin1210
change

Posted

Thank god this happen. Maybe the p2w whiners will actually quit, but then again they are probably logged in as they write their "I'm quitting" post.

I can already see how things will unfold and i am pretty confident about this statement...
They will start milking people whit allot of cash first , selling costumes for only 20mil , then slowly going up in price when they notice that sales aren't as good as they want them to be.
After a while , they will introduce more and more p2w stuff into the game up to the point where they will have to convert to f2p due to people leaving the game and after that .. well... game over.

Posted

Already deleted my gear a week ago, just came back to confirm the shit-storm was moving forward as planned.

ex 57 ranger all TRI gear.  The P2W takes away the clean competitive element to the game so it's time to move on.  It was fun all!

Posted

I want my money back!!!!!

Posted (edited)

I want my money back!!!!!

"BDO is classified as an ongoing service (take note of this... it's important for later).
PM Joshkua stated on their forums that there wouldn't be any P2W elements (an authorized representative of our version of BDO). Add-on's (pets, Costmetics etc) are purchasable for the product, BDO and are considered an investment/enhancement to the product. They're now introducing P2W elements.

Any written/verbal statement by an authorized representative of the product on their official communication mediums (posts, twitter, twitch live feeds etc) is legally binding in the EU and most states of the US. In the EU any ambiguity in statements etc are to go in the favour of the client/end user.

By introducing P2W and defying the statement from PM Joskhua Daum/Kaka have committed contractual fraud and false advertising. Therefor... All payments made related to the product are refundable via chargeback or Section 75 and depending on your card provider (Visa, MasterCard etc) can be reclaimed from 570days prior to the claim. Remember the important bit... on-going contract... Generally claims are possible for a timespan of 120 days. However there are a few exceptions including subscriptions, ongoing contracts and development investment/staged payments.... these carry a timeframe of up to 570 days with Visa."

Also note that if Kaka is still operating out of the EU then the EU regulations and protections apply to all clients and not just those residing within the EU.

Also daum is now sending out threatening e-mails to people confirmed via reddit

Greetings,

Due to recent events regarding our last announcement, we started to see a rise of the amount of chargebacks requested by our players. We feel that any situation involving money requires as much information as possible, and would like to make sure you are aware of what a chargeback is, and what consequences come with it.

First of all, what is a chargeback? A chargeback is requesting a refund from your bank or payment provider, bypassing the company that sold/provided the product. Bear in mind, the selling company will have a chance to investigate and dispute the chargeback.

Chargebacks are broken into two fundamentally different categories: Legitimate and Illegitimate.
Legitimate chargebacks are when you contest a payment because you have not received the goods or services you purchased, or because someone stole your credit card.
An illegitimate chargeback would be requesting your money back, after using a service for several months and deciding you don’t like it anymore.

In either case, it is understandable why someone would wish to get their money back, however, chargebacks should always be done with caution. A chargeback will not only cause you to lose access to the game, but it can also prevent you from purchasing it in the future. More importantly, we will investigate each chargeback, individually. If the chargeback is proven to be illegitimate, this could go farther than just the denial of your refund. Your Credit Score could be impacted. (“Creditworthiness” attached to each person, this is usually something mortgage companies and financial institutions will look into, before approving credit or offering services).

To conclude, requesting chargebacks should be done after cautious investigation from your part to know all of the possible consequences. Where a finalized chargeback would lead to the withdrawing of your game access, a cancelled chargeback will have no lasting effect on your account.

To allow you time to consider your decision, and fully assess the impact these changes will have on your enjoyment of Black Desert Online, we will not take action on your account until the 22nd August, after which time, any account with outstanding chargebacks will be closed.

Kind Regards,

GM Maelstrom
French/English Game Master

Copy it because it's going to get deleted soon

https://youtu.be/eygmsq-gddA

Edited by KarmaLoop