• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - August 10th

915 posts in this topic

Posted

Cya BDO.

Posted

People who didn't spend a dime other than the initial fee for the game couldn't care less. You don't see me rushing to chargeback my purchase, do you? If you made your puchase prior to the supposed P2W implementation, then its your problem and you still used the items as intended anyways. If you bought them after the supposed P2W, then that is obviously your problem as well.

The point is that these cries of chargebacks are absolutely absurd and retarded. 

Why quote my post when you talk about chargebacks? I haven't said anything about that. I was talking about how the BDO team gave people wrong impressions and did false advertising and that I care/understand/agree with how many of the people feel about it. 

Posted (edited)

I think plenty of people care. You're just one of the people that don't. I get that if you're not personally affected by these changes you don't care much or at all, but why be so rude to people that are affected by it and lost something they invested time/money in. You don't go to a person saying you do't care their grandmother died because yours is alive. It's obviously not as a bad situation here, but the idea is the same. People were negatively affected by the false advertising the staff did and of course there will be people upset about it and sharing their thoughts about it on the forum. You don't have to agree or feel the same way to at least show some respect for other opinions/feedback/feelings/complaints. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygmsq-gddA This vid makes it very obvious the staff looks/looked at p2w as unbalanced, since he says b2p model makes a game more balanced without having to use p2w antics to get money. Believing the staff had that point of view is has been a reason for many to invest in the game. 

did you just compare losing a loved one to PA allowing certain items to be sold from the cash shop at a horrible ratio?  That is why I don't care... Stupidity and lack of perspective do not warrant respect.

Edited by Talentless
1 person likes this

Posted

did you just compare losing a loved one to PA allowing certain items to be sold from the cash shop at a horrible ratio?  That is why I don't care... Stupidity and lack of perspective do not warrant respect.

" It's obviously not as a bad situation here, but the idea is the same" 

At the end of the day, you're still being inconsiderate of what others have lost by the changes is what I'm saying.  

Posted

Dear Talentless,

for someone who doesn't care you sure do reply enough.

OK bye.

Posted

Let me use another context then. Imagine a traveling agency advertising on their website that travelers that buy their ticket before 8am get a 50% discount. When someone arrives at 7:30 and the sales people tell him that the discount ended at 7am, would you not understand the other person was upset about it even if you yourself did get there early and weren't personally affected by it? Now imagine he had to buy an expensive ticket to get to the traveling agency in the first place. 

Posted

Why quote my post when you talk about chargebacks? I haven't said anything about that. I was talking about how the BDO team gave people wrong impressions and did false advertising and that I care/understand/agree with how many of the people feel about it. 

Apologize if I misquoted you. I assumed you were talking about the chargebacks. Either way, I can see why people would be butthurt for having been misled. However, the best course of action in that case is to, you know, STOP buying things or STOP playing. Its really very simple. The whole issue of chargebacks is pure nonsense.

Posted

I can see why the anti-P2W faction is mad, but I wish the they would tone down the spite.

Posted

I laugh at everyone crying about the P2W. Big deal spending 30$ for a suit that's worth 20 mil. Oh my, so P2W. Cry more. I'll enjoy the game while you brainless folks are busy crying.

2 people like this

Posted

Filed... Awaiting my ban.

Grounds - Falsely advertised.  Ambiguous statements are to favour the client under EU laws and regulations.
There's a mountain of evidence where Daum and representatives of thus state the avoidance of P2W elements.

The introduction of P2W elements directly affect a core component of the product (the economy) and thus the product is not what was advertised at multiple levels.  Even the marketing manager said it wouldn't have any P2W elements.

As for those in the US worried about chargeback fraud... the registered office for NA/EU BDO is in Europe. 
Daum/Kakao are the ones who've actually broken the law here as they have violated EU regulations which protect all consumers regardless of where you are.

Enjoy that.

I would exercise caution.  I have read the EULA and I think your entering murky waters using the EU regulations to come to your assistance.  A legal regulation can only be upheld if you have not waived that right by entering into an external agreement.  Each time you press play on the game you are agreeing to the T&C's of Daum (Kakao).  There is a paragraph which mentions alterations to the game and its divided into four sections ranging from not needing to contact the end user, to giving 2 months notice.  You would need to convince a court of law that this change falls into one of the last two sections of this paragraph to have any legal stance.  Personally, I think that has a thin chance (I am from a legal background).

You have to understand that if someone says something one day, there is nothing in law stopping them changing their contract and doing exactly what they said they would not a week later so long as you agreed to that change (which was agreed to every time you clicked play).  As this change was clearly placed on the forums a week prior to the change you would have needed to not have logged in once the notification was placed.

There is another section which states that you cannot request a refund for the initial outlay of the game after 14 days.  A chargeback would indeed be fraudulent unless you can prove that your rights were effected via the modification and that it falls into the last two sections of modifications mentioned in the agreement.  Can you clearly prove this, because if you cannot, be careful man!

Daum cash is also classified as a non product as it is digital.  I am not versed in consumer laws relating to this but would again hazard caution before claiming chargebacks.

The US is included in this agreement and classified as a Territory which the agreement is enforced.

All in all, I can see where you are coming from on this, and believe you are hedging your bets on the law of fit for purpose.  Given the nature of the media (online and digital) and the fact it has an ever changing code base with additions each week and a changing agreement, I think that the "fit for purpose" would have only worked prior to the first update.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dear Talentless,

for someone who doesn't care you sure do reply enough.

OK bye.

ok bye

Posted

I'm certainly sad to say goodbye but the big thing that angers me is none of the staff at daum are saying anything last post for most are over 13 hours ago minus the post of patch notes. How sad. I'm quiting and waiting on bless or revelation now

Posted (edited)

I would exercise caution.  I have read the EULA and I think your entering murky waters using the EU regulations to come to your assistance.  A legal regulation can only be upheld if you have not waived that right by entering into an external agreement.  Each time you press play on the game you are agreeing to the T&C's of Daum (Kakao).  There is a paragraph which mentions alterations to the game and its divided into four sections ranging from not needing to contact the end user, to giving 2 months notice.  You would need to convince a court of law that this change falls into one of the last two sections of this paragraph to have any legal stance.  Personally, I think that has a thin chance (I am from a legal background).

You have to understand that if someone says something one day, there is nothing in law stopping them changing their contract and doing exactly what they said they would not a week later so long as you agreed to that change (which was agreed to every time you clicked play).  As this change was clearly placed on the forums a week prior to the change you would have needed to not have logged in once the notification was placed.

There is another section which states that you cannot request a refund for the initial outlay of the game after 14 days.  A chargeback would indeed be fraudulent unless you can prove that your rights were effected via the modification and that it falls into the last two sections of modifications mentioned in the agreement.  Can you clearly prove this, because if you cannot, be careful man!

Daum cash is also classified as a non product as it is digital.  I am not versed in consumer laws relating to this but would again hazard caution before claiming chargebacks.

The US is included in this agreement and classified as a Territory which the agreement is enforced.

All in all, I can see where you are coming from on this, and believe you are hedging your bets on the law of fit for purpose.  Given the nature of the media (online and digital) and the fact it has an ever changing code base with additions each week and a changing agreement, I think that the "fit for purpose" would have only worked prior to the first update.

I advise you search a bit further... Within the EU your rights as a consumer are protected and EULAs/ToS's come in second place.
Laws within the EU were expanded in 2012 to include digital goods and then further extended in 2014 for additional consumer protection. 
EULAs aren't legally binding... they are effectively a civil agreement between yourself and the other party.  There's multiple PoL's to verify this.

Additionally we have evidence of Daum/Kakao avoiding P2W elements with the refusal of Valks Cry with Valencia.
One could argue that it was between Valencia and now that this change has occurred... fortunately I haven't downloaded the updated version, let alone started it since Saturday when I found out of the changes.

Also please don't forget that Daum/Kakao have tried to influence people into dropping the chargeback by sending that letter directly to them after they filled... that itself is a violation and it seems Paypal didn't like it either.

Edited by LiBraga

Posted

I am still anxiously awaiting someone to post that they actually were approved for a chargeback with a picture I didn't try because I'm okay with what happened but I can tell you a very good friend of mine did last month and just a few days ago was denied through Visa 

Posted

I am still anxiously awaiting someone to post that they actually were approved for a chargeback with a picture I didn't try because I'm okay with what happened but I can tell you a very good friend of mine did last month and just a few days ago was denied through Visa 

There's been a load... but they've been deleted.
Head to reddit and there's loads.... Paypal has the best rate of success atm it seems.

Posted

Let me get this straight. People paid 30$ for this game so that it wouldn't have the usual F2P nonsense, and they still have to deal with pay 2 win cash shop? Lmao. Kakao straight up scammed you folks. Contact your bank and demand a refund. 

Posted

Are we able to place trade packages in our wagon's inventory?  It's kind of hard for me with limited weight.

Posted

Your going after the wrong thing on you legal statements, P2W antics they said they wouldn't do are debateable, while this is more destructive to the comunity, the (more) clear breach is where they explicitly said there would not be a subscription, and put a subscription in, clearly false advertising as it was obviously preplanned to put a sub in since the game isn't even fully released yet

Posted

Goodbye to all the whiny little beeyatches!!

Peace...

Posted

Is it 30 or so units per npc?  Or is it 30 or so units per type per npc?

Posted (edited)

Well to all the "say no to P2W" I say stop acting shocked.

They still have not addressed the PVP quest issue that cost them thousands of players who wanted to spend money.

Now you believed they would change a decision that has literally made them over 4 million in pearl store sales today alone.

Too funny!!! Get a clue.... Besides in it's current form it is more like go broke and still lose, then P2W.

Edited by Tobius
1 person likes this

Posted

It's not that big of deal and personally opens the cash shop to many more users who can't use it. (at least it has a limitation, though could be a bit more limiting imo)

Also it's been known since the CBT days that this was going to happen. 

Posted

you know that for all the people on here complaining you are not the majority your just the loudest ones's in the bunch the majority of players dont even come to the forum's  the true majority are in the game right now ,most likely buying those costume's and pet's of the marketplace ,in fact i'm willing to bet most of you that are complaining don't play the game anyway and are in fact some of those ban bunnies or people who just cant let something go no matter what  so before you go on saying that PA or daum (or whatever the hell they call themselves this month) don't listen ,make sure that you just arnt the majority and are in fact the minority of players.For those saying they quit all i can say is good bye and good luck  for those going to GW2 because bdo is p2w you lost alll credibility when in gw2 you can buy in game money straight out of the cash shop

Posted

look at all the player auction accounts

Posted

I'm more worried that the game is now so laggy I can't even stay logged in.