• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - August 10th

915 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly at this point I don't even care about the p2w content or the effect that it will have on the game, but I am curious why if we're being forced to have the same business model as our f2p counterparts that we still had to pay for the game? At this point I heavily regret getting my Conqueror's Pack. If I had known that this was coming I would have gotten a cheaper version of the game, but we had been assured by different sources (including direct project manager interviews) that the pearl shop would operate differently than other countries.

I'm not even surprised or disappointed that the p2w content was added, but why the hell did I pay for this game if it's treated the exact same as a f2p game?

Yep you said it well.  I feel like most of the people that get upset are the ones who payed for the Conq. Packs, etc which makes sense to me.  I payed $30 and that's all I've payed so not as much was invested, and I wasn't following along with all the pre-game "hype" or "promises etc".  However, you point is spot on, why did I pay when it just turns out to be like any other f2p game.  Sure my $30 gave access to tons of content, but it was sold as all you would need to pay for type thing.

I don't know, time will tell...

Posted

Okay, So now since all of these people have uninstalled and Stop playing....... Raise the Market Price for Pearl items. Like the value Packages and Pets. Allow more pearl shop items to be Sold. Do not try to please everyone.  Thank you.

1 person likes this

Posted

I need my T8 horse..:)

Posted

• The ability to RMT is new to the game and some people are just itching to spend cash for silver
  • Initial rush to RMT silver in game will die soon when most people realize the conversion rate isn't very good
  • Price of Pearl items will be increased artificially by the publisher to revitalize the RMT flow (this has happened multiple times in KR, fyi)
  • The cycle will repeat
1 person likes this

Posted

:x

1 person likes this

Posted

*Yawn* - Drama - See you in game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lol - all the drama over P2W amounts to nothing, there have literally been a 6 pearl shop items sold today on my server at prices so low you would be insane to use real life money for them.  Perhaps people should look and see whether there will even be any significant impact on the game of the "current crisis" before the next forum storm.  Daum may not have done exactly what was requested, but they certainly did not institute any P2W system.  Daum's communication and interaction with the community is indisputably bad, but the disaster that everyone was freaking out about is definitely not going on if you look at the market items sold and do the math...

Edited by Agronas

Posted

I guess I'm going to checkout the new class of World of Warcraft. Shame, shame indeed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I advise you search a bit further... Within the EU your rights as a consumer are protected and EULAs/ToS's come in second place.Laws within the EU were expanded in 2012 to include digital goods and then further extended in 2014 for additional consumer protection. 
EULAs aren't legally binding... they are effectively a civil agreement between yourself and the other party.  There's multiple PoL's to verify this.

Additionally we have evidence of Daum/Kakao avoiding P2W elements with the refusal of Valks Cry with Valencia.
One could argue that it was between Valencia and now that this change has occurred... fortunately I haven't downloaded the updated version, let alone started it since Saturday when I found out of the changes.

Also please don't forget that Daum/Kakao have tried to influence people into dropping the chargeback by sending that letter directly to them after they filled... that itself is a violation and it seems Paypal didn't like it either.

I do not need to search any further.  I understand the law very well.  Please will you kindly refer to the exact EU law of which you mention (along with section number).

Your assumption is misguided.  You seem to believe that the laws of the land cover you in every aspect of this issue.  They do not.  When you agree to the EULA (which is a legally binding contract) you effectively waive any rights covered by EU laws where they contradict the terms set in a EULA.  The only rule to this is that a EULA cannot claim exception if death is caused.

Do you really believe for example that ITunes would bother creating a 56 page EULA if it was a waste of time.  Do you know that in the US cases regarding EULA's goes to the Supreme Courts (obviously not a civil agreement).  Steam even has a section in its EULA which specifically tells you that it is forcing you to waive a section of EU Law.

I am interested in your final paragraph though.  Can you please attach the letter and the response from Paypal, or is this one of those (my mate told me that his mate...).

The issue over the P2W argument (which even players do not seem to be able to agree if it is or isn't) would be laughed out of court.  Can you really imagine a judge ruling over if player A's sword is actually better than player B's sword cause he bought an outfit for his Ninja and sold it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for fixing the Elsh invisibility problem ^_^

Posted

Why is the pre-order disable for pearl item WHY!!!! I just wanted more pets TT.TT

Posted

People who didn't spend a dime other than the initial fee for the game couldn't care less. You don't see me rushing to chargeback my purchase, do you? If you made your puchase prior to the supposed P2W implementation, then its your problem and you still used the items as intended anyways. If you bought them after the supposed P2W, then that is obviously your problem as well.

The point is that these cries of chargebacks are absolutely absurd and retarded. 

lol says the guy hiding behind his newly created forum account.. Your opinion matters to no one.

AA had the same hate and everyone waved goodbye to all the quitters, saying good riddance, then what happened lol, the game died. No one enjoys AA anymore, as there's jack all playing it, so you may as well go and play a single player game, and this is headed the same way. So all of you telling those that are quitting due to P2W to get lost, you're throwing stones in glass houses.

The most hilarious thing about all this p2w business, is that it's the people for it that have been the most hostile and childish, proving that the majority for it are most likely children and should be ignored

I do not need to search any further.  I understand the law very well.  Please will you kindly refer to the exact EU law of which you mention (along with section number).

Your assumption is misguided.  You seem to believe that the laws of the land cover you in every aspect of this issue.  They do not.  When you agree to the EULA (which is a legally binding contract) you effectively waive any rights covered by EU laws where they contradict the terms set in a EULA.  The only rule to this is that a EULA cannot claim exception if death is caused.

Do you really believe for example that ITunes would bother creating a 56 page EULA if it was a waste of time.  Do you know that in the US cases regarding EULA's goes to the Supreme Courts (obviously not a civil agreement).  Steam even has a section in its EULA which specifically tells you that it is forcing you to waive a section of EU Law.

I am interested in your final paragraph though.  Can you please attach the letter and the response from Paypal, or is this one of those (my mate told me that his mate...).

The issue over the P2W argument (which even players do not seem to be able to agree if it is or isn't) would be laughed out of court.  Can you really imagine a judge ruling over if player A's sword is actually better than player B's sword cause he bought an outfit for his Ninja and sold it.

Grats on missing the point completely lol

Posted

Well PA you did it !! . So many people in Orwen communicating via game chat cant keep up with the scrolling with .."Please sell And WTB AND people actually saying TY to each other when they post items for sale when asked Theres a line at the Heidel marketplace I have not seen in some time. So many people last week said games gonna die ...I didnt on Orwen just saying 

Posted

Please enable Pearl shop gifting again! >.>

Posted

complains about the complainers lol

lol since when was questioning the same as complaining, thanks for your 2 cents though I'll make sure it gets put towards some cash shop items. 

Posted

tbh i would rather have seen thet they listened to the comunity instad of doing... u know? its like "nanana i dont give a f..k" ...

Posted

Game has officially became Pay2Win.
$400.00 i put into this game, (weight, slots, pets, costumes etc etc etc), and now pay2win.
I thought i was supporting a Play2Win game....
I will never donate again

Posted

whats funny is your all whining threatening to leave and the ppl begging for outfits to be put on the marketplace and marketplace is more crowded then ever, you forget there are some younger ppl or ppl who just cant afford to buy pearls monthly to get themselves an outfit or a pet .. this way they have the opportunity to do so, and do us all a favour stop saying you done and leaving , hurry up and go for crying out loud.

Posted

Well congratulations... After only a few months from release you done f..... this game up . All those interview statements before launch as to being against p2w or having subscriptions in the game, and then asking people for their opinions in the forums but not listening to what they had to say. The amount of greediness with this company is just ridiculous. Milking it's player base out of every penny they have and still not being satisfied. I bought into the Conqueror package, and bought a few other items as well in the beginning because I really liked the game since it was something new and different from the other online games I been playing over the years, but now I kinda regret it. I could understand why some of those cash shop items were there as a convenience to help with certain things, but as soon as the value pack was introduced this game just started to become ridiculous and moved more towards a subscription based thing where now it gives players who buy it a great advantage over others especially with the 30% tax reduction at the auction house. To make things worse a few weeks later this new patch gets released. Such a shame, this game had great potential.

Posted

Well, I'll keep my promise : you won't get one more cent of my money. Neither for this game nor for any future game you may publish. Another less customer for you. 

Posted

• The ability to RMT is new to the game and some people are just itching to spend cash for silver
  • Initial rush to RMT silver in game will die soon when most people realize the conversion rate isn't very good
  • Price of Pearl items will be increased artificially by the publisher to revitalize the RMT flow (this has happened multiple times in KR, fyi)
  • The cycle will repeat

Haha, you are completely right.

Posted

Why is the pre-order disable for pearl item WHY!!!! I just wanted more pets TT.TT

Seems quite fair to me.

Posted

Byebye

Posted

All you Retards know is RIP. Glad to never See you again. Hope you gtfo and this Game will continue the way it does. 

Posted

I don't mind sharing my (trolling) work but a quote would've been more elegant...

Memes should be public property. If I asked everybody that used the Black Desert/Mastercard mash-up I've made, I would spend hours on the forums.