• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - August 10th

915 posts in this topic

Posted

I do not need to search any further.  I understand the law very well.  Please will you kindly refer to the exact EU law of which you mention (along with section number).

Your assumption is misguided.  You seem to believe that the laws of the land cover you in every aspect of this issue.  They do not.  When you agree to the EULA (which is a legally binding contract) you effectively waive any rights covered by EU laws where they contradict the terms set in a EULA.  The only rule to this is that a EULA cannot claim exception if death is caused.

Do you really believe for example that ITunes would bother creating a 56 page EULA if it was a waste of time.  Do you know that in the US cases regarding EULA's goes to the Supreme Courts (obviously not a civil agreement).  Steam even has a section in its EULA which specifically tells you that it is forcing you to waive a section of EU Law.

I am interested in your final paragraph though.  Can you please attach the letter and the response from Paypal, or is this one of those (my mate told me that his mate...).

The issue over the P2W argument (which even players do not seem to be able to agree if it is or isn't) would be laughed out of court.  Can you really imagine a judge ruling over if player A's sword is actually better than player B's sword cause he bought an outfit for his Ninja and sold it.

I provide to you the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which is based on the EU Consumer Rights Directive. (Which both got refreshed to include Digital Goods)
They both specifically protect your legal rights presented in EULA's/ToS's (unfair terms, ambiguous terms and conflicts with the 2 acts).
Specifically - Article 5.1.a and 6.1.a of the EU act have been violated "
The main characteristics of the goods or services, to the extent appropriate to the medium and to the goods or services;"
Until last month Daum/Kakoa had been against any P2W element and it had been clear advertised by authorized representatives that they wouldn't be included. 
This was one of the main characteristics of the goods/service that we purchased it based on.  I don't have to define what a P2W element is... PM_Josuaka has already stated they introduced a P2W element. 

Your example of the iTunes EULA is flawed... it was thrown out of the EU courts in the micro-transaction case about 6 years ago.
I have a feeling that you have legal background in the US legal system which is more focused on protecting corporations as opposed to here in the EU where it all favours the consumer.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 is effectively a merged version of 3 EU Directives (which every EU country was forced to impose in national law)
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act#unfair-contract-terms

3 people like this

Posted

im disgusted... i dont even know why i hope for anything... sigh ----- this i cant respect you no more.. ----- you liars im out... >:( bg

Posted

So... I can't even buy camuflage outfit with Silver? Damn.

Posted

u guys cry like something serious happen , the price  of costume pets in game is not that bad and people who can't donate can actually get their first pets and costume and there is no problem with that at all ... if u got morrons problem with that go play gameforge or aeria games so u will have totally f2p games as u love to see them this way ...

Posted

Steam even has a section in its EULA which specifically tells you that it is forcing you to waive a section of EU Law.

You really need to read that bit of the directive...
It's an optional that is enforced unless the supplier presents a waiver.  Taking it further if a waiver isn't presented then standard rules apply allowing for a return upto a year later (depending on classification/issue).
No EU law is over-ruled by the EULA/ToS.

Posted

Love how the people coming out of the woodwork to ride some Kakao peinis are each Lawyer, Insurance Fraud Expert, PayPal representative and Game Developer simultaneously. Pass me some of that fanta flavored champagne.

Posted

u guys cry like something serious happen , the price  of costume pets in game is not that bad and people who can't donate can actually get their first pets and costume and there is no problem with that at all ... if u got morrons problem with that go play gameforge or aeria games so u will have totally f2p games as u love to see them this way ...

I have no issue with P2W business models... What I have an issue with is being lied to, the company ignoring us and then the company trying to divert the due course of process with threatening statements (via miss-information)

Posted (edited)

Some people just don't seem to get it or are straight up playing stupid...
The problem here lies in the fact that the company did not make this announcement WHEN THEY LAUNCHED THE GAME! that's false advertisement!

HOW MANY OF U WOULD OF BOUGHT THE GAME IF THEY WOULD OF SAID THEY WOULD SELL GOLD DIRECTLY AFTER A FEW PATCHES ...
HOW MANY OF U WOULD OF SPENT MONEY ON THE PEARL SHOP IF U KNEW U COULD GET THAT SHIT WHIT GOLD AFTER A FEW MONTHS... 
They did this shit on purpose and that's malicious and evil in my eyes ( please don't come whit the same shitty argument *oh that's just how the world works* i know how the effin world works , i play mmo's to relax and get away from the real world .. not to deal whit more of it's shit...

There are THOUSANDS of people who wouldn't of spent 1 cent in the pearl shop if they knew the game will become p2w and they could get that for ingame gold... fact....

I am starting to think that they are paying people to come and ruin this legitimate claim or people just lost their sense of morals...

Edited by KarmaLoop
4 people like this

Posted

Love how the people coming out of the woodwork to ride some Kakao peinis are each Lawyer, Insurance Fraud Expert, PayPal representative and Game Developer simultaneously. Pass me some of that fanta flavored champagne.

I openly admit I'm no lawyer...
However... I do own my own software development company operating within the EU and distributing to the US.
Funny thing about being a MD is that you have an understanding of all of the aspects of your company... including protecting your IP.
Essentially in the EU the EULA/ToS is really there to protect against dispute ie uptime, services issues, cancellation of service etc.  It doesn't overwrite any EU laws as that would be "unfair".

Posted

If you get full refund be careful! Your accont will be opened in next days and if you log in to the game Company can  use this action as "implied conduct". Aka you accept all changes and you don't want that refund or chargeback. Sneaky move, but smart. :D

(or just urban legend)

Posted

If you get full refund be careful! Your accont will be opened in next days and if you log in to the game Company can  use this action as "implied conduct". Aka you accept all changes and you don't want that refund or chargeback. Sneaky move, but smart. :D

(or just urban legend)

And that is why I haven't downloaded the update or even logged in since I read the proposed changes.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have no issue with P2W business models... What I have an issue with is being lied to, the company ignoring us and then the company trying to divert the due course of process with threatening statements (via miss-information)

i play mmorpg from like 15years almost now and i am not suprise they don't listen community is not first and last company who don't care of feedback if u can't deal with it then u just make yourself more mad

Posted (edited)

Has anyone noticed the changes that have recently happened when you log into the game? It no longer says: Daum, the cut scene now says : KakaoGames, then next cut scene Pearl Abyss. Guess Daum is no longer involved with BDO...

Edited by Whizz

Posted

Has anyone noticed the changes that have recently happened when you log into the game? It no longer says: Daum, the cut scene now says : KakaoGames, then next cut scene Pearl Abyss. Guess Daum is no longer involved with BDO...

daum is now Kakao new name >.>

Posted

dont know why but yesterday when i log in and see the toons of money they are doing whit market place i figured out i'm just feed money machine stayng here , and logged out , seriously something say me to log out dont know the reason  but i dont feel well now in the game,not like some time ago ...maybe cause i leveled up a kunoichi invested time and money into weight and costume and now i'm bored cause the dmg is shit and the desync is annoyng ...well i dont know what to do , btw thx for take my time and my money for nothing i hate you so much in the deep of my heart and ty for never anser to my refound request .....

Posted

dont know why but yesterday when i log in and see the toons of money they are doing whit market place i figured out i'm just feed money machine stayng here , and logged out , seriously something say me to log out dont know the reason  but i dont feel well now in the game,not like some time ago ...maybe cause i leveled up a kunoichi invested time and money into weight and costume and now i'm bored cause the dmg is shit and the desync is annoyng ...well i dont know what to do , btw thx for take my time and my money for nothing i hate you so much in the deep of my heart and ty for never anser to my refound request .....

Same here...

yesterday I counted 250 costumes on the marketplace 

it's like 250 x let's say 25€/$ = 6250€/$ in just 2 hours 

for less than 4 hour grind time 

Posted

lol pls if u say kunoichi dmg is shiit in pve then pls learn to play it i actually playing kunoichi lvl54 with 160ap and 200+ dp and i have 0 problem at all in his dmg at least in pve .. so yea don't say it shiit dmg because its not rofl

Posted (edited)

I am starting to think that they are paying people to come and ruin this legitimate claim or people just lost their sense of morals...

You missing a point. P2W isnt a standard parameter. For you those useless costumes in marketplace are p2w? for Kakao they isnt.

They talked about p2w aspects, but they never said " we will never add pearl shop stuff sellable to marketplace ". You should read better next time, and be smarter.

Edited by Estiqaatsi
1 person likes this

Posted

You missing a point. P2W isnt a standard parameter. For you those useless costumes in marketplace are p2w? no them it isnt.

They talked about p2w aspects, but they never said " we will never add pearl shop stuff sellable to marketplace ". You should read better next time, and be smarter.

The problem here lies in the fact that the company did not make this announcement WHEN THEY LAUNCHED THE GAME! that's false advertisement!

HOW MANY OF U WOULD OF BOUGHT THE GAME IF THEY WOULD OF SAID THEY WOULD SELL GOLD DIRECTLY AFTER A FEW PATCHES ...
HOW MANY OF U WOULD OF SPENT MONEY ON THE PEARL SHOP IF U KNEW U COULD GET THAT SHIT WHIT GOLD AFTER A FEW MONTHS... 
They did this shit on purpose and that's malicious and evil in my eyes ( please don't come whit the same shitty argument *oh that's just how the world works* i know how the effin world works , i play mmo's to relax and get away from the real world .. not to deal whit more of it's shit...

There are THOUSANDS of people who wouldn't of spent 1 cent in the pearl shop if they knew the game will become p2w and they could get that for ingame gold... fact....

Posted

You're right, some people really are plain stupid and don't get it.

Before the game launched they explicitly stated that cash shop items on the marketplace would not be in at launch.  Nothing more.  They never said it will never happen.  That was idiots assumptions...and we all know what happened to assumption don't we?

That's right, it -----ed off to Rio along with its best friend 'thought'.

1 person likes this

Posted

Before the game launched they explicitly stated that cash shop items on the marketplace would not be in at launch.  Nothing more.  They never said it will never happen.  That was idiots assumptions...and we all know what happened to assumption don't we?

https://youtu.be/eygmsq-gddA

Posted

Pointless try to talk with him. He just answer with links and pre-made BS.

1 person likes this

Posted

And you don't seem to understand that in an interview the Marketing Manager specifically stated that there would be no P2W components. 
This was at a Black Desert promotional event from an authorized representative of the game and is viewable on YouTube.

As Daum/Kakao is based within the EU then all and any ambiguity is to go in favour of the consumer when raised as a dispute.
When reinforced with statements from other representatives that they wouldn't implement certain features due to the P2W aspect of them then this reinforces the case above.
When something is specifically stated then it's not expect for the consumer to search for small print that changes it.

Posted

BeyBey all you Flamer,its realy Time for you to go.

Posted

Pointless try to talk with him. He just answer with links and pre-made BS.

There are people in my country who sell their dignity and voting rights by attending protests to turn them into a joke and only for a cost of a pizza and a cola (real story)

U are no different from them...

1 person likes this