• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Medal Collectors Event

164 posts in this topic

Posted

In fact it's "RNG Olympics"

Posted

This is too confusing though, can i use the medals or i need to store them? 

How are the winners selected? amount of medals? shortest amount of time with the most collected medals? 

@CM_Aethon

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think i will do that event . It's not even "fair".

Posted

Greetings adventurers!

With the opening of the 2016 Olympics and in the spirit of competition we’d like to announce a brand new event!

fQan39N.jpg
1."Medal Collectors"

• Start: August 10th - 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)

• End: August 31st - 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

Players will need to engage in various activities to compete in the collection of medals for prizes. Each activity will function as an individual “Contest Category” in which they will compete against other players from within their own server.

The contest categories will be limited to combat (killing monsters), Gathering, and fishing. In each case you will need to participate in the activity to collect medals, the top 10 players for each server will be eligible for one of the rewards listed below based on their respective rank from medals collected.

Event Rewards

• First Place: 30 Day Value Pack + Awakened Spirits Crystal + Sealed Book of combat (7d) + Blessing of Kamasilve (7d)

• Second Place: 30 Day Value Pack + Awakened Spirits Crystal + Sealed Book of combat (7d)

• Third Place: 30 Day Value Pack + Awakened Spirits Crystal

• Fourth - Tenth Place: 30 Day Value Pack

Very cool event. I do however have a question or two.

Can we track how well we are doing compaired to the others on our servers? (leaderboards)

Do we turn them in, or do we just have to obtain them + can we afterwards use them for the effect they give.

Posted

Assuming when they event is over they are deleted, it is probably safe to say theyre meant to be used. However, I'm going to be keeping all mine so I can have a total of how many I have on the last night before the end of the event.   Already have +5 movement and +5 fishing so it is pretty much no use for me, although it is a nice item for others.

Posted

The wording is what bothers me, due to the "Deleted at the end of the event" because for example previous events like fishing ones kept the eggs after even tho it said such, so it is kind of annoying. I really want to at least keep them after the event and actually put them to use, as its 3 different ones. 

For example the Combat one gives:

5 ap

5 Acc

+2 attack speed casting movement speed

The Gathering one is similar to the Fishing one, just gives +2 Gather instead of the +2 Fish

Posted

Another event that is pay to win oh I mean pay for convenience lol.   there would be not way for me to even compete with someone who has filled their toon spots, i believe 11 is the top. 

Posted

Why there is still no clarification on whether tokens must be preserved to compete in ranking or can be used during event time!??

Event was released hours ago and tokens are dropping.

Posted

Quote from Facebook message:

GM Caramel here!

No problem! To answer that question players need to keep the medals in their inventory in order for it to count. So using it as buff will cancel it out/ not make it count. 😊

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

@CM_Aethon

So we lose all the medals after the event ends (according to the item description)

VJmmc7.jpg

but we have to keep them in our inventory and not use them for 21 days to be eligible for winning the event?

** Update: Players will need to keep the event medals within their inventory in order to be counted for placement position in the contest.

Why can't you guys keep track of how many we are getting so we can use/delete or whatever we want with them? Are you making us choose between using the item or competing in the contest?

Edited by DangerousTed
Clarification

Posted

A actual event which encourages active play. :) High likely I won't make it to the top 10 with all the hardcore grinders (what I mainly do), but I like the event.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There is written that the Tokens will be deleted if the event ends.

Is that for real? oO

If I want to have a chance to win I will not be able to use a single one and yet it is highly possible that I am not in the first 30 and thus do not get a Price nor that nice Buff. That´s not really entertaining :/

Would be great if there would be at least an Highscore (without other Player´s Name)

Edited by Always67

Posted (edited)

Gandohar makes the educated assumption that consumption of said tokens will be kept on record throughout the period of the event. Using Gandohar's brainjuice, Gandohar has surmised that these tokens are automatically recorded into your account's record for the duration of the event and should be treated with utmost consumption. Gandohar also surmises that in the case that Gandohar's brainlogic fails to produce compatible juice results, then if by chance you're only planning on fisherizing/gatherizing/combaterizing for just a few hours a day, ye might as well eat yer tokens during those times for there will be competitors out there that require no sleep, hydration, or relaxation! In Gandohar's opinion, eat your tokens while you can! Glean the knowledge of vastly superior fishing output, and always assume the best outcome when it comes to game wide events. If nothing else, the extra zinc in yer diet should do ye some good!

Disregard Gandohar's post, apparently it has been answered and his brainjuice has failed!

Edited by Gandohar
Gandohar's Brainjuice has failed
2 people like this

Posted

Quote from Facebook message:

GM Caramel here!

No problem! To answer that question players need to keep the medals in their inventory in order for it to count. So using it as buff will cancel it out/ not make it count. 😊

Thank you for doing GM job! :)

Posted

Thank you for doing GM job! :)

happy to help:)

to add GM answered the thank you on facebook with.,

Yes, I have talked to CM_Aethon about it and he will be updating it soon with clarification so we can help players avoid this mistake. 😊

You're very welcome!

Posted

Hello all,

I too am not all that much into grinding, nor will I be likely able to have the time to win anything, HOWEVER, Keep in mind, this event is in the Spirit of competition to honor the 2016 Olympics. which is pretty cool. Kind of hard to do that without competition among the players eh ..? Anyway, I don't plan to win anything in this event, however, I'm grateful they also have the gold fish/dagger/backpack event going as well, so we non combatants can gain goodies too this week! Good luck to all! :-)

please don't use colored text like that as it's horrendous to read.

Posted

happy to help:)

to add GM answered the thank you on facebook with.,

Yes, I have talked to CM_Aethon about it and he will be updating it soon with clarification so we can help players avoid this mistake. 😊

You're very welcome!

Thanks for your effort and time in this matter :)

it would had been easier on us particepants if we could just had turned them in at an NPC and that npc would had showed us the current leaderboard for the server. ofc people would be able to turn in last min.

1 person likes this

Posted

Does pruning your farm count as gathering?

Posted

0fE1G8u.jpg?1
This is the Hunt Buffs, killed over 500+ Mobs and I only have 3 medals.

Posted

** Update: Players will need to keep the event medals within their inventory in order to be counted for placement position in the contest.

This is dumb. lets give a child some candy but tell them they cant eat it....

0fE1G8u.jpg?1
This is the Hunt Buffs, killed over 500+ Mobs and I only have 3 medals.

2 hours chopping trees and i got 48 medals, 6 hard shards, 1 sharp shard and 2 golden backpacks B|

Posted

i  have 24 fishing ones. but no fishing items worth 5mill.. do they even drop?

Posted

@CM_Aethon Is this ...

5."Golden Antiques"

• Start: August 10th 10:00 UTC (After maintenance)

• End: August 31st 10:00 UTC (With maintenance)

Our last event will be a 3 week long combination of all the previous events, where all playstyles are able to collect Golden Artifacts and enjoy the additional Black Stone drops.

Implemented? We should had golden dagger, coelachant and backpack all together this week.

1 person likes this

Posted

i didnt see shit on facebook but ok

Posted

Needs a leaderboard to make it authentic imo.

Also... soooo many drops.  Im starting to feel like a Russian Olympian already..

Posted

It's in.... just got a golden backpack