• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

A Sad day for those hoping for a toxic player purge

206 posts in this topic

Posted

Some how, I just don't agree with that.

I think it was PM_Jouska who updated the announcement and suddenly everyone who was against it, immediately used that against him. To me, no words can clarify the situation other than only to be ended up making it worst. It was wise, including all the mods and you guys as well, that they said no more after that.

I'm just not sure how me they knew when he put the announcement out. I put it like this in VM chat. "It feels like the tossed a room full of teenagers loaded .45s  and said we'll be back after the weekend".

Posted

This is taken directly from the thread you linked, I've made the important big nice and bold for you. :) 

• Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
  • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace

Posted

hey can anyone remember what prices the dyes were at when they came out?

wasn't it around 5 million?

and the P2W crowd said WELL YOU JUST WAIT TIL BLACK DYE IS 77MILLION THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!

psst ... they are still under 5M

what are we gonna have drama about when costumes are under 30M in December?!!?

Posted (edited)

Link them please then, also if you're using the one from CBT they stated that this only applied to CBT. :) 

Link, because I can guarantee this is 100% false.

Also you are right, Daum did not go back on their word. However you fail to acknowledge they made several words which were official and even published on gaming websites/press by other companies as statements from DAUM that attracted players on release which they later failed to uphold on their words and promises.

Or did you forget about all that nonsense stuff?

Ohh you...:)

Edited by Aries

Posted

Right above you my friend, in big bolg letters!

Also you are right, Daum did not go back on their word. However you fail to acknowledge they made several words which were official and even published on gaming websites/press by other companies as statements from DAUM that attracted players on release which they later failed to uphold on their words and promises.

What where these words then? If it's so easy to prove it then prove it, otherwise you're just lying. :) 

Posted

This is taken directly from the thread you linked, I've made the important big nice and bold for you. :) 

• Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
  • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace

now scroll to the bottom and read the update

Update

• You will not receive Mileage with pearl purchases, the only way to get mileage is as a daily login reward.
  • Cash Shop & Mileage items cannot be traded or put on the Auction House

You forgot to link what I asked for btw, demanding sources from others but failing to provide your own, huh?

Posted (edited)

Saying one thing and then covering your ass in another....seems business as usual for Daum and there empty promises.  YOU SEEMED TO MISSED THE UPDATE AT THE END.  So tell me how much you want to defend them still?

They had always made it clear that there would be no p2w here with cash shop items being sold and I know they posted that disclaimer but they had said many times in interviews or in other posts and what not that they would not do this and we would be diff from kr/jp.

If you want to remain blind to that I am fine with that but dont act as if for the past 6 months that was not what they were feeding us.  Now add the other empty promises and lies of things coming out on this date and getting pushed back over and over. Now add to that servers are still garabage and have not been fixed with all this money coming in.

Edited by Tez

Posted

Yes, the community does have a tendency to split itself down the middle on any given issue and then dig a huge trench and hurl insults at each other. I mean, look at all the "I told you so" threads today. Those are not helpful either.  I don't know what specific overreactions you are talking about because I do try to stick to more moderate threads on these topics. It's good for sanity.

At the end of the day, though it again comes down to community management and proper public relations.  I was not here during beta, but I have since pretty much launch and people have regularly asserted that "Daum said there will be no P2W in our version" or "People won't be able to sell store items for in-game silver" and never has anyone from Daum said "Well, that's not what we said." So the expectation that this would not be in our version was there and nurtured by their silence. I also play ESO and I frequent their forums and the CMs there have a completely different relationship with the community.

Now, on a personal level, I don't care that you can trade real money for in-game silver. The pearl store was always on the P2W side of things for me and I accepted it as part of the game. But I'm a casual player (even though I play a lot) who enjoys the road, and I've only ever been at Sausans to discover the node and at Pirates to trade in my rum for the eye patch.  I understand why players who are competitive and belong to guilds that engage in Node and Conquest wars are upset about this and I feel for them. (And no, it's not because new/casual players will be able to compete with them, but that's an issue for another thread.)

When you say that some overreactions have caused a negative impact, do you mean that the youtube videos people posted would deter new players from joining?  I don't know if that's really going to be an issue, mainly because there aren't a lot of new players joining to begin with (though a couple of my guildies from another game are actually trying it out this month to see what they think).

So again, as a gaming company, it's Daum/Kakao/Pearl Abyss' job to manage their community and their expectations in such a way that people play the game and spend a reasonable amount of money on it.  If they care about longevity, then they may need to rethink how they are going about it.  If they only care that enough people buy the game, play for a week and then leave, then they can continue as they are.

I agree with you on some points. Is true that those "i told you so" threads arent helpful at all. I think we gotta help to clean the mess up a bit, we should be able to do it in a proper way tho. Also, there could've been a better communication or better way to do the things, my thought to be honest is that people were still kinda sensitive with the Value Pack topic, so the approach could've been made more carefully or communicative with us. Still, they said time ago this would happen; they also stated they would make it in a way so people cant abuse it.

The negative impact was noticeable, and you could see it in many areas. The community has been pretty tense lately fighting each other a lot. There were some people keeping it real, but didnt look like the general rule to me (i'm glad that i could have some civilised discussion about this with some people tho). That by itself is a negative impact on the enjoyment we get playing the game. About the youtube channels, if you want my opinion, im sure there are some people taking advantage of the situation to catch up followers and views (that's more shadowy that what we saw here, but well some people seem to praise it), but also people expressing their worries about the matter. I didnt check them up tho. Also, i was not refering only to that. I could see some reddits, and other kind of forums, with huge discussions about this that were not precisely civil, while we didnt know yet what was going to be the outcome of it. About the newcomers... well, i dont know how many people is joining, but this surely drawed some of them back. Hope they take a look again and decide to join us tho :P I also hope your friends enjoy the game so you can play with em here ;) 

Short thing: Im not saying they dont have any responsability about the management of this situation. I said it in other threads, some more light about this would have been pretty much appreciated and helpful. What i'm saying is that both them, and us, have a part of responsability on this. We could have acted better too.

Posted

Saying one thing and then covering your ass in another....seems business as usual for Daum and there empty promises.

They had always made it clear that there would be no p2w here with cash shop items being sold and I know they posted that disclaimer but they had said many times in interviews or in other posts and what not that they would not do this and we would be diff from kr/jp.

If you want to remain blind to that I am fine with that but dont act as if for the past 6 months that was not what they were feeding us.  Now add the other empty promises and lies of things coming out on this date and getting pushed back over and over. Now add to that servers are still garabage and have not been fixed with all this money coming in.

Sorry I give up, you've been proven wrong multiple times and I'm not going to try and force you to change your opinion. Daum didn't lie, Daum didn't change their word, Daum didn't break ANY promises and the game isn't P2W. Still feel strongly about it? Quit the game. :) 

Posted

Update

• You will not receive Mileage with pearl purchases, the only way to get mileage is as a daily login reward.

You forgot to link what I asked for btw, demanding sources from others but failing to provide your own, huh?

Some people only see what they are told to see.  Followers and sheep.

Plunge I hope you open your eyes cause your band wagoning hard man.

I am fine with the p2w change but principle does still matter to many of us.

Posted

Or did you forget about all that nonsense stuff?

Ohh you...:)

This is the part where you link a source that shows you're wrong and pretend it says you're right isn't it?

Update

And answer me this...

Is cannot present, past or future tense?

Posted (edited)

This will most probably get my post removed for spam, but I don't think you're understanding simple English here.

They made that post and THEN updated it to NO CASH SHOP ITEMS BEING SOLD EVER ON AH.  Again tell me what you dont understand about this?

Edited by Tez

Posted (edited)

Plunge you know that link says nothing about "this only applied to CBT".

Which is why I asked for a link because the one you provided says nothing about it only applying to CBT which your quote expressed.

Otherwise I would not of posted at all. Just saying.

Edited by Aries

Posted

Where is this "no one quit lol" meme coming from?

If there aren't as many people against you on this forum as they used to be a week ago, then they quit. It's fairly obvious.

Posted (edited)

Some people only see what they are told to see.  Followers and sheep.

Plunge I hope you open your eyes cause your band wagoning hard man.

I am fine with the p2w change but principle does still matter to many of us.

Or what they are paid to see. I highly doubt anyones putting that much effort into defending the cash grabbing of a company on a mmo forum for free like some of these guys.

Edited by Fjokki

Posted

Or what they are paid to see. I highly doubt anyones putting that much effort into defending the cash grabbing of a company on a mmo forum for free like some of these guys.

You are severely underexpecting what people will do for a game they put their life savings into.

Posted (edited)

I don't think we will hear any apologies from all those children, the pacifier is back in their mouth.

Edited by Kasathar

Posted

You are severely underexpecting what people will do for a game they put their life savings into.

People with serious mental issues? Yea, but i didnt want to bring that up.

Posted

I don't think we will hear any apologies from all those children, the pacifier is back in their mouth.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. They won't talk because they quit. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I never said I would quit but I'm not supporting Daum anymore.

Posted

This is the part where you link a source that shows you're wrong and pretend it says you're right isn't it?

And answer me this...
Is cannot present, past or future tense?

Erh wrote a reply to that question in the other thread but it got deleted before i could post.. here goes again

First they said:

Which was updated to:

So the wording changed from "not possible during launch phase" to a simple and seemingly final "cannot"

You can argue that the wording still leaves room for change in the future, i don't really care. Fact is that people we're intentionally deceived, myself & most people I played with only bought the game because of the several promises they made of not being/going p2w. Even their explanation for using a b2p model was "so that we won't have to make money with p2w antics"

Plunge you know that link says nothing about "this only applied to CBT".

Which is why I asked for a link because the one you provided says nothing about it only applying to CBT which your quote expressed.

Otherwise I would not of posted at all. Just saying.

I'd guess you won't see said link ever since he's ignoring my posts where I asked for it, typical daum shill - demands sources in pretty much every thread he posts in but doesn't provide anything to back his own words up with.

Posted

Well hey, where's that quote of me saying the game is dying?
I mean that should be really easy and already right here on the forum right?

As I said before what you said can be summarized in two words too...

Speculative bullshit.

dont bother with them not worth your time.

Posted

My 90+ member guild is disbanding since a large part of the members are quitting over this patch but ey sure u can keep believing that this game will have a healthy population :ph34r: 
Game uninstalled already, will prolly check in on forum for a week or two when bored

You won't be missed.

Posted

Erh wrote a reply to that question in the other thread but it got deleted before i could post.. here goes again
First they said:

Which was updated to:

So the wording changed from "not possible during launch phase" to a simple and seemingly final "cannot"

You can argue that the wording still leaves room for change in the future, i don't really care. Fact is that people we're intentionally deceived, myself & most people I played with only bought the game because of the several promises they made of not being/going p2w. Even their explanation for using a b2p model was "so that we won't have to make money with p2w antics

It wasn't updated, they included a summary at the bottom.

It doesn't matter that you don't care about it, and it doesn't matter that you didn't understand it.

You make the same mistake so many others make that what YOU think is P2W is what everyone else does.

They made it clear that you couldn't sell it at launch phase and that it was something the may come down the line, and in the ToU it even explicitly says things may change and you're agreeing to that at the time of sale.

You enjoyed the game for months, and now feel like you are entitled to all the money back.

Posted (edited)

Typical SJW behavior by OP, painting everyone that has another opinion is Toxic.

Dear Trump, please clean us from idiots like OP

Edited by 2cute2shoot