• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

VPN is it allowed ?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Just because there have never been a publisher for an MMO in my region I don't expect someone other than Daum would get the rights to publish the game here,or at least I hope they do.

anyway , I'd really love to play the game with my friends from the EU region and wanted to ask if using the VPN is tolerated ? and what's the risk that comes with it ?

I want to buy the Conquers Package because I believe that no one other than Daum would come forward to publish the game here and didn't want to miss this chance of getting some unique armor and other things that comes with the launch of the game .

Posted

No but no is going to hunt you down

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This was brought up before and another user shared his/her support ticket experience with this same question.

They did not say you can or cannot use vpn. BUT if their gameguard type things / anticheat stuff pick it up and it auto bans you for it there is nothing they can do for you.

So use at your own risk type thing... but like Jumanji said they wont hunt vpn users down xD.

Edited by Kuz
1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds like it could be a new fun form pf PvP.

PvPvPN lol....

2 people like this

Posted

I doubt that Daum will spend their resources to track down vpn players. If they did, then I can only see the shit storm flying through the forums the moment it does happen.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Pretty much what people said. Doubt they will take any actions against it.

Keep in mind that their website also has IP block. So even to create an account or to contact them you have to use a VPN. I tried accesing my bdo account on the website with a Russian IP and it didn't let me. Good thing is if it's like RU, you can disconnect the VPN once you are in channel selection avoiding lags or high ping if your VPN isn't good enough. 

Now let's see if i get a warning/ban for saying this.

Edited by Shion
1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you very much guys for answering .
I might give this VPN a try just to test it once for all as to buy with such risk , I hope it works .

Thanks again guys .

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you very much guys for answering .
I might give this VPN a try just to test it once for all as to buy with such risk , I hope it works .

Thanks again guys .

Can I get a free like to?

1 person likes this

Posted

In our community we have friends from turkey to russia.

We have been gaming with each other since 2003 and a publisher aint going to stop that.

Its wrong in so many ways for those guys but hey a VPN does the trick.

If they get banned then so be it, but they sure as hell aint going to stop uf from playing a game with each other.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good thing is if it's like RU, you can disconnect the VPN once you are in channel selection avoiding lags or high ping if your VPN isn't good enough. 

Doin this disconnects me right away... :D Even if VPN crashes during my play i get dc... Have to run it whole time..

But most of the time i have no problems with ping... Just yesterday, whole RU server was full AF, outside of premium channels, so it lagged for the first time, since i remember... (even with different VPNs)

Posted

Doin this disconnects me right away... :D Even if VPN crashes during my play i get dc... Have to run it whole time..

But most of the time i have no problems with ping... Just yesterday, whole RU server was full AF, outside of premium channels, so it lagged for the first time, since i remember... (even with different VPNs)

You have to disconnect VPN right IN channel selection before picking any channel, not after on character selection, not before when inputing the personal code.

Posted

You have to disconnect VPN right IN channel selection before picking any channel, not after on character selection, not before when inputing the personal code.

Thx.. Will try it when i get the chance... :D

Posted

What premium vpn that can help me reduce ping as well?

Posted

you dont need any premium, you disable vpn after login, and its all good.

Posted

I hope Daum doesnt hunt vpn players... they are easy kills in pvp B|

Posted

you dont need any premium, you disable vpn after login, and its all good.

still need it to reduce ping ingame.

Posted

it would be nice if the NA release was for all us NA who havnt played the game and to get a new start on a new game, unfortunately alot of us, (not me) have already played KR version or RU version, and again alot of people will come over here from KR or RU using VPNs and blow the "fresh" start mmo experience right out the water because they already know the game inside and out.

Posted

still need it to reduce ping ingame.

what do you mean? play in your cloest region to have minimum ping.

Posted

I hope Daum doesnt hunt vpn players... they are easy kills in pvp B|

not if you use WTFast or some sort, one of my friend are playing Russian BDO with VPN + WTFast and he still does pvp with 109ms, which is pretty good

you just need a good paid VPN, free VPN will of course, f**k u up

Posted (edited)

you most likly never reduce ping with VPN. also i was playing on the RU BDO and i used VPN and all the pay versons gave me 300+ ping.

when i used a free VPN i got 60 ping.

also the free never made me reboot my PC/network card when i dc'ed from the VPN

Edited by Amira