• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Returning player - feeling nihilistic.

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, as the title states I'm a returning player, I've been playing since CE's early access but due to work/life complications I was unable to play the game four almost four months. Now that I have come back I had a great sense of nostalgia and it felt great too be back, the class I waited for came out, leveled it too 51 in less than a day, so on and so forth. Seeing where players are at now, compared to when I was competitively playing originally, I have this extremely nihilistic feeling towards trying to catch up, maybe because I don't know if I could ever catch up too somewhat of a relevant point while being this far behind and having a full time job. Such as I'm currently grinding at Helms too 52, but after this I really don't have the gear or resources(I.E., High CP/Energy, silver, etc) too advance my level further, and have no idea how I can move forward without being able to grind.

- My question too those that currently playing, is would it be possible to catch up even slightly at this point, or due too the time sink, I'm I basically boned?. I'm can usually play about 4-5 hours a day, and upwards of 8, if I lose some sleep. I love this game to death and want to enjoy it too how I was before, but I just feel extremely overwhelmed, if anyone has any advice, tips or things that might of use, I vastly appreciate it.

Edited by CalypsoX

Posted

Stay at helms until 53, then get in a sausans party for 53-56. In 5 hours, with exp boosts, the main spot and a fast party I've been easy getting 53-55 on all my alts. Also, loot EVERYTHING and turn in the trash items, you will make 10mil a day this way,

The highest AP my alts has had is 120 (got a liverto on one) but I normally run with about 110/115 AP at sausans - not bothered cause it's just speed levelling ready for Awakenings! :)

Posted (edited)

When ninja the and Kuno came out, ppl leveled to 56 after 2 days. Given all fairness, 10h+ a day. 56 is a good level to start just farming pirates for silver if you have the gear for it. All +15 should work for the start. Will be slower but it works. Go from there. 

If you farm there you will reach 57 and higher automatically. Use the limited time you have efficient. And it won't be a problem to catch up to a decent spot with your character. 

Edited by xMovingTarget
Dat autocorrect..

Posted

you have a couple of bonues. 

1. You dont really need to fail stack to level your gear. At least not much. They did something to enchanting a month or so back so stuff levels very easily. (RNG you could get unluck like I did last night and got 17 stacks trying to get to 12).

2. You can get to 55 without much difficulty.

3. World bosses dont 1 shot near as often so you have a real shot at getting Liverto/zarka drops if you show up.

4. Night vendor to buy stones cheap and get boss armor. (Save up 200mil silver asap no small feat i Know).

You can get up to speed i work a full time job and I never grind hard and i 'm 57 with Pri accessories duo gear  and try liverto.

Join a good guild and enjoy the game. You own it, you dont have to pay another dime.

Posted

Getting lvl56 takes forever if you only do something fun like afk fish.

Posted

You will be able to catch up. Not easily, but considering TRI is the new +15, you will most likely be full TRI when people fail their third TET part.

Don't forget that you do not need to catch up to enjoy the game. Priority should be getting a Liverto to TRI. Don't waste much money on accessories, PRI Witches / Mark of Shadows is enough. DUO Shultz is recommended. Anything invested trying to get above would be better invested in getting DUO armor. When you reach your DUO armor, and TRI Liverto, you're set and will be well above average.

To get started on your Liverto, get an Epheria rod +4-5 and afk fish at night for shards. Cycle through your energy using Fig Pie + Lucky Tools (if you can) everyday and do your Red Battlefield daily to get free energy. Gather Pig Hide on boars near Western Guard Camp, they're the most valuable resource for Grunil Crafting later. Get your nodes setup in Mediah for Black Crystal and Platinum (tons of Youtube vids on that, should cost 10-15CP from Altinova). Do worldbosses as much as possible (be careful not to die though), use an alt if necessary. Grind in parties until you reach 160+ AP, a point where you'll be able to solo pirates.

That should take up most of your playtime everyday until you reach that DUO-TRI mark. After that, rinse and repeat for accessories. 2 months later, you'll be 210/250 easily.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Stay at helms until 53, then get in a sausans party for 53-56. In 5 hours, with exp boosts, the main spot and a fast party I've been easy getting 53-55 on all my alts. Also, loot EVERYTHING and turn in the trash items, you will make 10mil a day this way,

The highest AP my alts has had is 120 (got a liverto on one) but I normally run with about 110/115 AP at sausans - not bothered cause it's just speed levelling ready for Awakenings! :)

Okay, I'll definitely see how helms is when I'm level 52. The one thing that I'm grateful for is the amount of catch up mechanics they added in terms of leveling a character. I;m a hoarder so I like to collect everything, I love the fact the game has those NPC sell-able items, super helpful.

When ninja the and Kuno came out, ppl leveled to 56 after 2 days. Given all fairness, 10h+ a day. 56 is a good level to start just farming pirates for silver if you have the gear for it. All +15 should work for the start. Will be slower but it works. Go from there. 

If you farm there you will reach 57 and higher automatically. Use the limited time you have efficient. And it won't be a problem to catch up to a decent spot with your character. 

Yeah, I mean I could have done it faster, and have before but I was pretty out of practice, and I had to reset all my bindings and such to get reacquainted with the game. I'm pretty far off from going there, but I hear that's the "end" grind area at this current point.

you have a couple of bonues. 

1. You dont really need to fail stack to level your gear. At least not much. They did something to enchanting a month or so back so stuff levels very easily. (RNG you could get unluck like I did last night and got 17 stacks trying to get to 12).

2. You can get to 55 without much difficulty.

3. World bosses dont 1 shot near as often so you have a real shot at getting Liverto/zarka drops if you show up.

4. Night vendor to buy stones cheap and get boss armor. (Save up 200mil silver asap no small feat i Know).

You can get up to speed i work a full time job and I never grind hard and i 'm 57 with Pri accessories duo gear  and try liverto.

Join a good guild and enjoy the game. You own it, you dont have to pay another dime.

Oh nice, I had no idea such a thing was/would ever be implemented, that's great too hear!. Yeah the leveling definitely feels much quicker from when I was playing several months back, plus the bonus weekends are very awesome. Thank god, that was one of the most frustrating things I have ever experienced when I was playing originally, the scaling was ridiculous. I hear the night vendors are super handy if you have the cash, gotta start saving every penny!. Thanks for the words of encouragement

Getting lvl56 takes forever if you only do something fun like afk fish.

You will be able to catch up. Not easily, but considering TRI is the new +15, you will most likely be full TRI when people fail their third TET part.

Don't forget that you do not need to catch up to enjoy the game. Priority should be getting a Liverto to TRI. Don't waste much money on accessories, PRI Witches / Mark of Shadows is enough. DUO Shultz is recommended. Anything invested trying to get above would be better invested in getting DUO armor. When you reach your DUO armor, and TRI Liverto, you're set and will be well above average.

To get started on your Liverto, get an Epheria rod +4-5 and afk fish at night for shards. Cycle through your energy using Fig Pie + Lucky Tools (if you can) everyday and do your Red Battlefield daily to get free energy. Gather Pig Hide on boars near Western Guard Camp, they're the most valuable resource for Grunil Crafting later. Get your nodes setup in Mediah for Black Crystal and Platinum (tons of Youtube vids on that, should cost 10-15CP from Altinova). Do worldbosses as much as possible (be careful not to die though), use an alt if necessary. Grind in parties until you reach 160+ AP, a point where you'll be able to solo pirates.

That should take up most of your playtime everyday until you reach that DUO-TRI mark. After that, rinse and repeat for accessories. 2 months later, you'll be 210/250 easily.

Thank you very much, for all this I usually trying to discuss and breakdown into further thought too basically thank someone, but I simply can't thank you enough for this, very much appreciated.

Thank you too everyone that posted, it's very much appreciated, I think I'm ready to get back into it, and start making some progress!.

Edited by CalypsoX

Posted

Hey everyone, as the title states I'm a returning player, I've been playing since CE's early access but due to work/life complications I was unable to play the game four almost four months. Now that I have come back I had a great sense of nostalgia and it felt great too be back, the class I waited for came out, leveled it too 51 in less than a day, so on and so forth. Seeing where players are at now, compared to when I was competitively playing originally, I have this extremely nihilistic feeling towards trying to catch up, maybe because I don't know if I could ever catch up too somewhat of a relevant point while being this far behind and having a full time job. Such as I'm currently grinding at Helms too 52, but after this I really don't have the gear or resources(I.E., High CP/Energy, silver, etc) too advance my level further, and have no idea how I can move forward without being able to grind.

- My question too those that currently playing, is would it be possible to catch up even slightly at this point, or due too the time sink, I'm I basically boned?. I'm can usually play about 4-5 hours a day, and upwards of 8, if I lose some sleep. I love this game to death and want to enjoy it too how I was before, but I just feel extremely overwhelmed, if anyone has any advice, tips or things that might of use, I vastly appreciate it.

yes. Going from full try to full tet would take 10× more time than going from new account to full tri.

Posted

Just use all the Money you grind to buy gear..... Atm i feel its alot cheaper to buy the gear you need rather than trying to enchant yourself... When u have enough Money buy some sort of duo weapon and Then duo armor 1 piece at a time... Dont use Money on +15 etc because they Will only serve u a short time.. 

Thats my Best atwise AS a casual/slank enjoy the game kinda player.

im around 400 ap/dp now so i Think im middle geared which i feel is very fine Also for Valencia Stuff. In pvp ofcourse top 10% guys just shit on me, but they have all time i have played :) so thats fine 

Posted

putting some input here.

as a returning player, you've told us that your energy and contribution is lacking. i suggest taking a week to get 200 energy and 200 contribution points.

the introduction of Imperial crafting is really good for newer, returning players. it guarantees you ATLEAST 10.5 mill passive income a day.
what you need to do simply is to make clear liquid and pure powdered reagents and craft them into imperial crates. sell 67 a day *max limit with 200 CP* and viola.

even if you're not into life skills as a whole, doing just that is a guaranteed 70ish mill un taxed per week at its most basic form.

other than that if you ARE interested in life skills, you can make around 30-40 mill for 8-12 hours work of PC/Laptop uptime. double that if you can leave the game on for 20 hours or more. Of course getting up to those values will take a week or so. but much faster than getting to a good silvermaking Gear setup for grinding imo.

then during your active play time, you can grind or whatever :3

Posted (edited)

Just use all the Money you grind to buy gear..... Atm i feel its alot cheaper to buy the gear you need rather than trying to enchant yourself... When u have enough Money buy some sort of duo weapon and Then duo armor 1 piece at a time... Dont use Money on +15 etc because they Will only serve u a short time.. 

Thats my Best atwise AS a casual/slank enjoy the game kinda player.

im around 400 ap/dp now so i Think im middle geared which i feel is very fine Also for Valencia Stuff. In pvp ofcourse top 10% guys just shit on me, but they have all time i have played :) so thats fine 

Yeah, that's what I have been saving up for, but right now I have about 50mil in my bank, and was thinking off trying to buy a +15 Liverto to get myself up a notch and be able to farm something other than helms or elrics, as my gear is lacking at the moment. I don't think I can really save upwards of 200mil without being able to farm something of a higher grade.

putting some input here.

as a returning player, you've told us that your energy and contribution is lacking. i suggest taking a week to get 200 energy and 200 contribution points.

the introduction of Imperial crafting is really good for newer, returning players. it guarantees you ATLEAST 10.5 mill passive income a day.
what you need to do simply is to make clear liquid and pure powdered reagents and craft them into imperial crates. sell 67 a day *max limit with 200 CP* and viola.

even if you're not into life skills as a whole, doing just that is a guaranteed 70ish mill un taxed per week at its most basic form.

other than that if you ARE interested in life skills, you can make around 30-40 mill for 8-12 hours work of PC/Laptop uptime. double that if you can leave the game on for 20 hours or more. Of course getting up to those values will take a week or so. but much faster than getting to a good silvermaking Gear setup for grinding imo.

then during your active play time, you can grind or whatever :3

Okay, I'm starting too look up some different ways of boosting those as fast as I can, but they are definitely needed, and dang that's a good amount of money, gotta get on these points haha, XD.

I haven't been for the most part, but I can always give them another try, and like you said I can do some of them when I'm at work if I keep the game running, and go back to leveling/grinding when I'm home.

Just a question as someone stated before not too use what silver I have on +15 gear, do you think it's wise too save up for a bigger ticket item, or use what I have to get some better gear, so when I'm home I can grind in better locations?.

Edited by CalypsoX

Posted

We will most likely get a higher lvl soft cap or getting more exp just like in korea when awakenings come to us. You will lvl to 60 in few hours while those who grinded for month now to get to this point will loose most advantage.

Posted (edited)

- wrong thread -

At your last question though, I find +15 armour is perfectly fine, you should work on getting a Duo weapon first. Preferably Liverto. 

Also at the Night Vendor comment, although it's a waste of energy to some if you have a Value Pack and can get some cheap items you can make massive profit. I'm just over 280m pure profit from the NV now. Buying a sharp bundle for 8m and getting around 15.8 post tax is ridiculous and that's with the drop in price. I landed a whale ring for 22 and sold it for 39 post tax, several basilisk belts for 30-40 and sold for 50+... The 200m thing holds true if you're after gear and honestly I've spend... Lots of energy, shall we say and I've had 0 boss armour and 2 Kzarkas... Both 250m + for the classes I don't play.

Edited by Ashnachiel

Posted

Just a question as someone stated before not too use what silver I have on +15 gear, do you think it's wise too save up for a bigger ticket item, or use what I have to get some better gear, so when I'm home I can grind in better locations?.

well. if your weekly income is good, then there is no harm in saving for a TRI weapon and Offhand. but honestly getting a +15 set and starting there is fine unless you want to AFK earn moneh for a few weeks xD

Getting Duo from +15 is easier. if you do imperial alchemy daily, you can get Duo within a week after buying +15 gear