• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Consolidated Media thoughts on the changes

260 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings,

As many users have expressed there unique take on the recent changes introduced within the August 10th Patch from a great deal of media sources, we'll be consolidating these into a single thread to allow the propagation of discussion about these videos to take place with out the creation of redundant posts.

Thanks everyone, and please remember you do not have to agree with the views expressed by another user but you do need to abide by our forum rules when posting.

1 person likes this

Posted

What do you guys think?

btw, if you are one of those #3 people, do stay away from his channel. Or, check out his First Impression videos but just take note on the titles of MMO game he's playing and skip everything he says (simply just close the video when he's talking about pros and cons). 

Posted

1486935305175310916.png

19 people like this

Posted

Very obvious it was option 2. He hasn't touched bdo in months and if he was truly passionate and wanted his opinion to be heard, there would be no "pls like and subscribe!" at the end.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't like or dislike his videos, I did however see his last review, there was nothing wrong with it, he made the review based on his opinion.

At some point you'll start to realize other people have different opinions than you and there is nothing wrong with that.

2 people like this

Posted

just another nobody making a video, lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't like or dislike his videos, I did however see his last review, there was nothing wrong with it, he made the review based on his opinion.

At some point you'll start to realize other people have different opinions than you and there is nothing wrong with that.

and I'm sure you'll understand what I meant when you watch more than 1 video of his first impressions. He does say unnecessary stuff even on in-development games! 

Posted

Just another nobody YouTuber trying to cash in on views. 

Posted

I already debunked his video and showed why he's just pandering to the outrage in the last topic on this youtube whore.

Posted (edited)

That BDO video was like 4 days ago. I can't really comment on it since it's outdated at this point.

This thread would have been valid at that time.

Edited by Royton

Posted

That BDO video was like 4 days ago. I can't really comment on it since it's outdated at this point.

This thread would have been valid at that time.

yup. Typical hindsight. "Ha-ha let's laugh at the guy who was wrong in hindsight" 

I for one am happy with the changes after seeing the item price but damn people are acting just as immature as everyone before the patch

Posted

I mentioned this in the last Peon thread but he ranted throughout the whole BDO video about "not supporting games with P2W" but a week prior belittled P2W in other games and admitted he would play them again and/or recommend them to others so...

Option 2 duh.

Posted

My suspicion is that he was just trying to cash in and score some extra viewers.

When I had watched the video (somebody linked it on the forums), I was actually wondering if he could face a lawsuit over the contents. There was some inaccurate information in there that could possibly constitute defamation. It probably won't happen, since suing a YouTube creator would generate even more bad press for them, but still... bad form.

Posted (edited)

Just felt like sharing this video as I see many people thanking kakaogames and relaxing with the low current prices of the market items.

Sure, its better than most of us expected, but the p2w was not the only point of this, we're more uncertain of the future of the game now than ever, and I personally cannot trust kakao again, I can only hope they are going to communicate with us better from now on.

Thanks to morrolantv for taking the time to make this video. And I fully agree with him.

For the TL:DR version skip to 10:02

Disclaimer:

- No, i did not form my own opinion based on this video alone, my opinion was already formed. (this video helped 'expressing it' since I'm not that great at doing so)

- No, you should not form your own opinion based on this video alone

- No, i do not speak for the whole community only for myself and whomever has similar opinion or agrees with me (that's why the use of "we")

- No, i will not respond to other idiotic responses thanks.

Edited by Jido
added disclaimer
26 people like this

Posted

Kinda pointless video.

They said it was coming all along.... since before release.  people fooled themselves into thinking it wouldn't come for some reason.

So what trust was broken?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Kinda pointless video.

They said it was coming all along.... since before release.  people fooled themselves into thinking it wouldn't come for some reason.

So what trust was broken?

next time watch the video

Edited by Jido
that will be my response for your following reply as well. Or else you only hear what you want to hear.

Posted

Video expresses what I believe represents me, my guild/clan + good % of BDO community.
What I say here has already been said a billion times on these forums recently and I have been embodied by the BDO Black Spirit to relay a message, with both satire and adult comedy, expressing concerns that people generally have. If you're an employee or user, grab some popcorn and and prepare for a product of the internets. :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

next time watch the video

I am he is quoting interviews and videos.....

I am quoting the forums what was written.  Stating that they wouldn't be allowing the sale of cash shop items during launch phase.  They kept their word on that.
It then says if they do decide to allow it there will be mechanism's in place to prevent it from being abused.  They did that as well, 5 sales a week, and capped at 20 million.  Not a worth while venture for wallet warriors.  They kept their word there as well.

there is nothing clever about what they wrote.  It was pretty clear that it would come at some point.  Picking apart wording in videos does not discredit what was written here in the forum.

Also what can they promise they dont run the show.

Edited by Lemonz
2 people like this

Posted

I am he is quoting interviews and videos.....
I am quoting the forums what was written.  Stating that they wouldn't be allowing the sale of cash shop items during launch phase.  They kept their word on that.
It then says if they do decide to allow it there will be mechanism's in place to prevent it from being abused.  They did that as well, 5 sales a week, and capped at 20 million.  Not a worth while venture for wallet warriors.  They kept their word there as well.

there is nothing clever about what they wrote.  It was pretty clear that it would come at some point.  Picking apart wording in videos does not discredit what was written here in the forum.

Dude, that's not sale of cash shop items. It's charity now. Please, be political correct.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's a very good video describing exactly what Kakao gaming has done. Trust has been broken is the main issue and clever wording will not get them out of it. The example he gave about talking to his cable company applies to Kakao's statements as well.

Posted (edited)

lolwut? "at this stage" means exactly what it always has done, which is "we are not doing [thing] right now but this may change at some point in the future" he can try and twist this to mean something else but he's only deceiving himself.

As for the whole "work with me" bit at the end, just how arrogant can one person be? He honestly thinks Daum should consult with him over every change they plan to make to the game? Dude needs to get over himself.

The furious overreaction of the last week has only made my opinion of BDO's community sink even lower than it was before. Bunch of whiny crybabies.

Edited by TarkusBlack
typos
6 people like this

Posted

lolwut? "at this stage" means exactly what it always has done, which is "we are not doing [thing] right now but this may change at some point in the future" he can try and twist this to mean something else but he's only deceiving himself.

As for the whole "work with me" bit at the end, just how arrogant can one person be? He honestly thinks Daum should consult with him over every change they plan to make to the game? Dude needs to get over himself.

The furious overreaction of the last week has only made my opinion of BDO's community sunk even lower than it was before. Bunch of whiny crybabies.

This, legit stated that the option was there, in the future if they wanted to, all the people crying on forums I guess never read the eu release patch notes? * =insert why the ----- you lying meme and plaster it on the whiners*

3 people like this

Posted

I'll bump the hell out of this video everyday, JUST TALK TO US LIKE HUMANS KAKAO/DAUM or whoever the -----.

Posted (edited)

Bunch of whiny crybabies.

And you're whining about people whining, I guess you like to whine too!

Edited by Jido

Posted

I'll bump the hell out of this video everyday, JUST TALK TO US LIKE HUMANS KAKAO/DAUM or whoever the -----.

Talking is hard :(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0