• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Consolidated Media thoughts on the changes

260 posts in this topic

Posted

Clearly they were neither the most loyal nor the most dedicated.  Honestly, these large guilds don't speak for the majority.  Stop acting as if their presence matters.

Posted

Damn these daum shills are getting more butthurt by the day

ey, if the game is doing so good then how about yall go enjoy it instead of collectivly raging at some dude for making a thread :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

The game has been totally -----ed. Anybody that says otherwise is in denial. This game has been a train wreck since the mediah patch.  

Posted

A couple of my favourite - and among the most helpful - BDO players/Youtubers (Hakurai and Morrolan TV) on the recent P2W update and the game's future:

I've been following Hakurai a long time, since he first started under another name that escapes me right this moment... and his "last video" on BDO was likely the last video of his I ever watch.

His points weren't *completely* off, but they were pretty hyperbolic... and some of the stuff he said is like like... Are you f**king serious right now?

I mean early on he talks about how BDO felt too p2w / money hungry so he played BnS instead... a game that did what he's so critical of here before this server existed.

He was already pulling out of BDO to begin with and hadn't done much by way of meaningful content since launch on it anyways... it's so obviously a ratings grab and jumping on the bandwagon that I just lost respect for him as a content creator; and I say this as someone who has been very vocally against the change and really haven't played all that much in the last ~10 days.

2 people like this

Posted

Damn these daum shills are getting more butthurt by the day

ey, if the game is doing so good then how about yall go enjoy it instead of collectivly raging at some dude for making a thread :ph34r:

who is raging?  Lol I am laughing at the anti p2w emo kids

Posted

Lots of people around the forums defending the recent changes and saying how, despite them, the game will survive. Personally, I can't say whether this is true or not as I've not logged in since I heard of the P2W change. However, a lot of my favourite BDO Youtubers (and some of the most popular) have expressed their doubt at whether they'll carry on playing. Some have even outright said they have quit the game.

With the most dedicated and loyal members of the BDO community starting to leave, how long do people expect BDO to last before "F2P", server merges, and it's inevitable closure? Curious to know what the remaining playerbase thinks, however healthy it might be.

A couple of my favourite - and among the most helpful - BDO players/Youtubers (Hakurai and Morrolan TV) on the recent P2W update and the game's future:

Its easy to tell if you watched the video that Hakurai had more problems with the game than just this recent patch.

Posted

just leave, you wont be missed

Posted

If you can figure out a way for my bills to get paid and to absorb my extra expenses this month from life happening so I can have time to do that... I'd jump on playing in a heartbeat.

When I am able to get on the game I am basically never on the forum, and when I am on the forum when I could be on the game it's because I'm waiting for people to show up or get back from repairs etc.

P.S. I don't really see anyone "raging" but this guy has linked videos that have been spammed 5-6-7+ times a day since they were put up; so is it really surprising that a lot of the regulars are going to respond negatively to it?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Where is the YT'er who did the Q&A with the devs, is he still playing? 

AFAIK Wiggles has not quit.

But he also hasn't made content in like a month.

I just found a post of his on reddit saying he quit.

"I quit, wasn't enjoying the game anymore unfortunately so Leviathan ended merging into Addicted after my departure."

Apparently he went back to WoW

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4xke8t/croxus_siege_first_three_region_guild_naeu/

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted

AFAIK Wiggles has not quit.
But he also hasn't made content in like a month.

I just found a post of his on reddit saying he quit.

"I quit, wasn't enjoying the game anymore unfortunately so Leviathan ended merging into Addicted after my departure."
Apparently he went back to WoW

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4xke8t/croxus_siege_first_three_region_guild_naeu/

Interesting, thanks for the info!

Posted

this is NA/EU

Game is so dead that all outfits instantly boughts at the marketplace :o)) afaik

Posted

One.gif

Edan todays marketplace. 8/15/2016
2016-08-15_428406412.thumb.JPG.930fce38c2016-08-15_428414574.thumb.JPG.0ce494fd6

But im sure youre gonna ignore this fact and just continue the QQ train of illogical knowledge and pretend that you can buy the best gear, and pretend that RNG doesnt exists in the game, that people who sold those costumes probly ended up being broke again after building up alot of stacks because RNG is demolishing the silver gained from players who decided to sell cash shop items so people like you who are too poor or stupid to afford the cash shop items can get cash shop items.

And I see the mention of "F2P" that has no absolute facts EVER is in the statement again.

Hidden Content

Lets make BDO again, by making sure only paying customers can posts here in the forum so trolls like OP  can show who this troll OP really is. 

What is that icon in right side of Merv's Palette?

Posted

i rly loved Hakurai but his last video doesn't make sence. He complained about *P2W* but he played BDO since KR.

He loved the game but now he hate it?! His arguments why it's *P2W* now aren't good. I don't understand why he made this video.

1 person likes this

Posted

The effects are not as terrible as one would think when they say "zomg the big guilds are breaking up" yeah thats what happens in MMO's.  I am surprised it took this long actually, people are giving up on waiting for the server merge at this point and disbursing into smaller groups.  Now there will be more action on the high end as the gear and players are spread out over more guilds, smaller guilds are also joining larger guilds because they want to do bigger and better things.  Power will shift, new players join to replace the ones who burn out and the world continues to turn.  We have said from the beginning the lock down and alliances would only last so long, going to be a fun couple of weeks coming up.

Posted (edited)

i rly loved Hakurai but his last video doesn't make sence. He complained about *P2W* but he played BDO since KR.

He loved the game but now he hate it?! His arguments why it's *P2W* now aren't good. I don't understand why he made this video.

No hate, just he doesn't play it. Too many "payed" advantage.  Like in Korea. Oh, sorry Pay 2 "Convenience"

+Publisher didn't care about customers, just forced this trash patch.

Edited by Mikroman

Posted (edited)

Lol OP makes a pretty polite and decent post and gets shit on by all the whales who don't want to look at the issue from any view that could destroy their world. If this game is dying the shit community will be gone at least, but I highly doubt that BDO will be going anywhere as long as Kakao/PA have the "switch to f2p" card up their sleeves.

Edited by Kalade
1 person likes this

Posted

It was just because his viewers probably want to see some other games. He is a youtuber afterall and he needs to give what his viewers want. With all the "p2w" "ded bdo" hype, he might as well just make a video about that, grab some quick views and move on to another game. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol OP makes a pretty polite and decent post and gets shit on by all the whales who don't want to look at the issue from any view that could destroy their world. If this game is dying the shit community will be gone at least, but I highly doubt that this game will be going anywhere as long as Kakao/PA have the "switch to f2p" card up their sleeves.

This forum's community is absolute cancer, that was pretty clear even at the launch. They will defend ANY decision that developers make no matter how bad it is. Delusional zealots.

Posted

These youtubers project the death of BDO soon, I'd better listen to them!

nah.

Posted

Lol OP makes a pretty polite and decent post and gets shit on by all the whales who don't want to look at the issue from any view that could destroy their world. If this game is dying the shit community will be gone at least, but I highly doubt that this game will be going anywhere as long as Kakao/PA have the "switch to f2p" card up their sleeves.

No.........just No

You don't get any credit for posting on a topic like this no matter how eloquently it's stated.  It's never constructive and it's just a post to whine about nothing.

Posted

did he ever at any point support the marketing for bdo though? there is a fine line between loving a game and loving how it is sold, hakurai no doubt still loves bdo as a game, but the marketing is what has pushed him too far. and before you try to use kr as an excuse, even if he didn't speak against the marketing there, seeing as he was likely forming all his views around what he was expecting our region;s release to be, naturally he would forgo any opinion on the marketing since he was expecting it to be different for us. the opinions you got from his kr experience were all raw opinions on just the game itself, devoid of marketing. this opinion is with both. 

Posted

It was just because his viewers probably want to see some other games. He is a youtuber afterall and he needs to give what his viewers want. With all the "p2w" "ded bdo" hype, he might as well just make a video about that, grab some quick views and move on to another game. :)

It's unfair to generalize all youtubers. Morrolan, for example, is a channel that's dedicated solely to BDO and has no history of moving onto another game. Hakurai has been posting content about BDO before NA/EU even launched. Both are very dedicated to BDO and are not the types to ride the hype train. Of course, there are definitely channels that rides the hype train ...

...but it's unfair to generalize. It's easy to demonize a channel, but both make very legitimate points if one is open minded about what they are saying. 

Posted

What is that icon in right side of Merv's Palette?

"Cliff's skill addon guide"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0