• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

fishing Imperial Fish Trade - Species List, NPCs & Notes

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Updates

•  12 August 2016 - Added information on the two price values (that differ) in the trade window display, under General Notes.
  • 18 November 2016 - Updated fish species list for the new species added ready for the Magoria expansion (Striped Jewfish is catch-able now).

Introduction

With the introduction of Imperial Trading in the 10 August 2016 Patch Notes, we now have the Imperial Fish Trade NPCs in-game. They offer a flat 250% bonus to price payable for a limited number of fish (30 - 40 which resets every three hours) traded with them.

Example of the Imperial Fishing Delivery NPC window

This is a list of the fish species which they accept and is common to all of them, in all regions. Also a list of the relevant NPCs and their location and some general notes.

For a more detailed reference into how this works and for the specific NPC locations in each town check, out Dulfy's great Black Desert Imperial Trading Guide.

<Imperial Fishing Delivery> NPCs

Dius - Epheria (next to wharf manager)
Rai - Glish (next to trade manager)
Karon - Velia (next to wharf manager)
Hirio - Splashing Point (next to trade manager)
Balleo - Valencia (W side, next to the Imperial Crafting Delivery NPC)

List Notes

• Species divided into groups. The first group are the yellow quality species and the second group are blue quality ones.
  • Spawn species shown separately and can include species also caught in open water.
  • All spawn species are yellow quality.
  • They don't accept all yellow and blue quality species available. Green and white quality fish are also not accepted.
  • None of the purely harpoon species or any of the new fish species (or altered from harpoon fishing in the 'new fishing' changes) except the spawn species are accepted.

General Notes

• Nodes still need to be connected between the Origin node of the fish (the sea node shown on the fish tooltip under 'Origin') and the trader to obtain the 250% price offered. If not it is only 30% as normal.
  • The maximum amount of any one species which can be handed in at any one time is between 30 - 40 fish of the same species. This depends on how many others have already been handed in. This will reset every three hours for a random amount between these limits.
  • It is not possible to view the current stock situation for an Imperial trader remotely. It can only be checked in their individual trade window (left hand side).
  • The 250% bonus offered excludes any condition (apart from expired), distance or Bargain bonuses that you have with normal traders. Excluding condition is good news for long session passive fishing.
  • The two values displayed in the right hand side of the Trade window by the fish are a bit confusing as they vary. The bottom value is the 250% bonus price from the left side of the window. It is the price you receive. The top value includes the distance bonus (as with normal trades) but, because the Imperial trade doesn't apply that bonus as it indicates, it has no real relevance to the transaction; it's just a hang over from the normal trade window.
  • If you want to check and view which species are available in what sea area, I posted a while back (and update) such a list for the 'new fishing' now in place on this thread in the Guide section: BDO ‘New Fishing’ - Ocean Fish Species List. All this fish table data is now incorporated into the Sea Regions overlay on Famme's BDO Map site here.

Imperial Fishing Delivery - Fish species accepted

Saltwalter

Spawn species:
Black Porgy
Blue Grouper
Eyespot Puffer
Giant Octopus
Grunt
Porgy
Sea Bass
Smokey Chromis
Spotted Sea Bass
Tilefish
Tuna

Open water species:
Bahaba
Blackfin Sea Perch
Goliath Grouper
Greater Amberjack
Grunt
Moray
Nibbler
Porgy
Sea Bass
Skate
Smokey Chromis
Snow Cero
Striped Jewfish
Tilefish
Tuna

Angler
Atka Mackerel
Cero
Checkerboard Wrasse
Golden Thread
Grouper
Herring
John Dory
Maomao
Octopus
Pomfret
Porcupine Fish
Sea Eel
Siganid
Swellfish
Swordfish
Tapertail Anchovy

Freshwater

Spawn species:
Piranha

Leather Carp
Mandarin Fish
Pacu
Piranha
Snakehead

Arowana
Carp
Cherry Salmon
Freshwater Eel
Lenok
Striped Shiner
Yellow-Head Catfish

I hope this proves useful to fellow fishers in BDO.

Tight Lines!

Moonraker - (Croxus EU)

Edited by Moonraker
Update.
12 people like this

Posted

So with this, is there any point in ever selling fish to a non-Imperial trader?

Posted

Yea, they don't want every type of fish you get and there is a limit. 

Posted (edited)

Yea, they don't want every type of fish you get and there is a limit. 

These are the main reasons.

Also if you consider fishing in Al Halam Sea in the Valencia area the nearest Imperial Traders are Splashing Point and Valencia City which are both not very accessible, so trading to say Shakuta or Pilava Island may make more sense for the time investment. Location is a factor.

Currently it is possible to sell most of a catch up to the maximum but as more and more players become aware of the system that will change.

Given the limited order, it means for instance this evening when I had a lot of Porgy from spawn fishing I had to swap channels are few times to sell them all for the 250% bonus. With 10 minute trader cooldown and separate channel hop cooldown it also takes time. So again selling to the normal trader may make more sense if time is important.

It is still possible to get more return from the traditional traders with a long distance bonus on top of say a max. demand bonus at 130% (30%) and then a good Bargain bonus on top. It all adds up. And there are the boom trader nodes (Esc > Trader Info now shows this) also which offer 200% plus those other bonuses which includes Seeafood i.e. fish.

If you harpoon fish then they simply don't take any of the purely harpoon species so really it's of not great benefit and seems to me to rather put a barrier to harpooning now even though it has been buffed and provides decent XP if not really the profit of spawn fishing etc. They need to add the harpoon species in  I feel,as it would encourage more participation in that activity.

Really it is a definite boost generally to fishing prices but like most of the game, you get more from it by spending some time optimising your activity, like considering what species they take, or not and what seas may provide those, as an example. It will reward those who spend time working out the best approach for them.

Edited by Moonraker

Posted (edited)

Can you explain what this means? I have prices and a sell option on the right side, when I click sell I get "purchase or sale is complete" yet nothing got sold

wWXrm3N.jpg.

Edited by Kat

Posted

What if your trying to get trading exp does it matter what Imperial Fishing Delivery you bring it to? Dose distance count with trading exp with Imperial Fishing Delivery?

Posted

Can you explain what this means? I have prices and a sell option on the right side, when I click sell I get "purchase or sale is complete" yet nothing got sold

My guess is this is just poor user interface messaging... and what it means is that of the fish you have, they currently aren't accepting anymore... it doesn't say it that way though :(

Posted

wWXrm3N.jpg.

Just means you switch channels or wait 3 hours due to them having taken their fill of your goods.

Posted

Just means you switch channels or wait 3 hours due to them having taken their fill of your goods.

Yes, that would be logical if I got some actual message about "quota being reached" or something alike. But "purchase or sale is complete"? Another "hidden" nonsense that makes you wonder if either Kakao is that poor they cant afford proper translation or PA cares so little about development they just slapped the first thing that came along. 9_9

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yes, that would be logical if I got some actual message about "quota being reached" or something alike. But "purchase or sale is complete"? Another "hidden" nonsense that makes you wonder if either Kakao is that poor they cant afford proper translation or PA cares so little about development they just slapped the first thing that came along. 9_9

It is indeed the message when the 'stock' (which is a misleading term anyhow as it implies what they have to sell) or limited order is already completed by others.

The whole interface is not really worked out great, for example it still indicates two values on the right side (top right) with the top value the amount including the distance bonus which the text itself states is no applied.

I assume the message is somewhat lost in translation and takes a bit of getting used to the quirks. Once you do it works fairly simply.

Check on the left side like a normal trade window to see the remaining order left. It will start at between 30-40 (sets randomly after 3 hours) and decrease as fish are handed in. As you are fishing on Velia beach and it is a popular sot, those species will get traded quickly.

What if your trying to get trading exp does it matter what Imperial Fishing Delivery you bring it to? Dose distance count with trading exp with Imperial Fishing Delivery?

I included in the notes above that it states on the fish details (right side) that the distance bonus (+ sign and down arrow) is Not Applied and that no bonuses including distance one are added to the flat 250% bonus. Therefore I would consider that distance doesn't effect the trade XP gained. But can't be certain.

I am not sure what values are assigned to what fish species for Trading XP purposes. The XP gain though is small like other trading.

Edited by Moonraker
1 person likes this

Posted

It is indeed the message when the 'stock' (which is a misleading term anyhow as it implies what they have to sell) or limited order is already completed by others.

The whole interface is not really worked out great, for example it still indicates two values on the right side (top right) with the top value the amount including the distance bonus which the text itself states is no applied.

I assume the message is somewhat lost in translation and takes a bit of getting used to the quirks. Once you do it works fairly simply.

Yes, it takes figuring out. I sold them in Glish yesterday and all but morays in Velia early this morning. It is worth riding to Glish to get extra cash imo.

But interface and wording really need some work, it is least sad sloppy and misleading. 

Posted

Yeah, my strategy is to sell what I can in Velia and then ride to Glish if I have more than half a dozen golds (plus blues) left, because there even if the Imperial Trader won't buy them, I can sell them to Larc with a bigger distance bonus.

Posted

wWXrm3N.jpg.

Means the quota they will take for the channel has been filled. Change channels and try again :)

Or change imperial fishing delivery person :)