• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can a GM or a CM explain this please ?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

H4B59d0.jpg

In this image you can see that you can use the arabic alphabet in chat(You can also use Russian and Greek alphabet) . Now my problem isnt that you can use arabic alphabet but people who knows me well know that I communicate with my friends in Teamspeak because its impossible to use hangul in chat (the korean language) but it would be very usefull if we could use hangul in chat since not everyone can always use voice chat at all time. Now I find it very funny that a middle east language is enable in chat but not the original language of the game . This thread is not about complaning but I would like to know what was the reasoning behind the decision of that. If you're going to disable Chinese / Japanese / Korean .

Posted (edited)

Is simple EU/NA don't have Korean implemented because eu/na ,all other languages you put there are in/or around eu/na.

Edited by Floris
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Honestly I'd love to see the game utilize the available language packs in windows for text/typing. Doesn't have to be game translation, just the ability to utilize those languages in the chat box would be very welcome. Most just show in unicode format. Same as OP; Not a complaint, just a hope/suggestion :)

Additionally I'd love to see the ability to adjust fonts. ^_^ 

Actually, this might be worthwhile in the suggestions section.

Edited by Gingen

Posted (edited)

Possibly encoding issues, or they where left out because they assumed western withdrawal (most Asian countries hate mingling with people outside the Asian Pacific) so no need to bloat your game with extra character sets.

character sets are pretty large data wise, So one would assume it wouldn't be useful nor productive to have 300+ languages flying around in chat.

Edited by The_ID10t_Effect

Posted

Prolly cause they want you to play on KR server. Vast majority of people who know the language are actually in Korea. Since NA/EU version is best version, can't have people leaving KR to play here.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Posted

Yeah I'd love to be able to use Japanese so I could be a more horrible weeaboo and piss off my guildmates better but I'll just have to do it unprofessionally and use romaji 'cause I don't know lol what a stupid decision

Posted

Possibly encoding issues, or they where left out because they assumed western withdrawal (most Asian countries hate mingling with people outside the Asian Pacific) so no need to bloat your game with extra character sets.

character sets are pretty large data wise, So one would assume it wouldn't be useful nor productive to have 300+ languages flying around in chat.

That doesnt even make sense T_T It would make sense if the only available language was english but that's not the case. Also they dont have to change anything in the coding its already there T_T but it was removed for some reason. Also i don't know how you can speak on behalf of the korean community and if you didnt know there are koreans in america we're not alien we dont go around undercover .... we're here and we're not hiding and people know it .

Posted

Yeah, I don't get why they blocked out those languages as an option in chat in the first place. I mean, I get that this is NA/EU but I'm sure there's a considerate amount of Korean/Chinese/Japanese/Thai/Etc who live here and play on our servers that aren't able to communicate well because of this. Even if I'm wrong and there isn't much of a player base who need to use these languages, I still don't see a reason for it to be blocked. It's just kind of ironic because it's a Korean game.

Posted

Yeah, I don't get why they blocked out those languages as an option in chat in the first place. I mean, I get that this is NA/EU but I'm sure there's a considerate amount of Korean/Chinese/Japanese/Thai/Etc who live here and play on our servers that aren't able to communicate well because of this. Even if I'm wrong and there isn't much of a player base who need to use these languages, I still don't see a reason for it to be blocked. It's just kind of ironic because it's a Korean game.

Reason is very simple. They have agreed that they do whatever is possible to keep every regions players playing the local version of the game. Situation where players would move globally to the version of the game they see best at the moment is not good for the publishers.

Posted

That doesnt even make sense T_T It would make sense if the only available language was english but that's not the case. Also they dont have to change anything in the coding its already there T_T but it was removed for some reason. Also i don't know how you can speak on behalf of the korean community and if you didnt know there are koreans in america we're not alien we dont go around undercover .... we're here and we're not hiding and people know it .

I never said a word about the Korean community, i also never said there wasn't any Koreans the United States. 

type in chat: { こんにちは世界 } instead of that you get squares. this tells us that the language is not blocked, it simply does not exist. it also could be the font being used does not support it.

In most games you can edit the font used via the INI files, i do not know if this is true for BDO.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0