• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

My Story on Why I switch to a Maehwa (Level 58 Valkyrie)

123 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm a level 58 Valkyrie with a Tri Liverto Longsword and a Tri Axion / Duo Vangertz shield. I will share my story on why I quit this class and switch to a Maehwa and why it is the best decision I've ever made. I spend a lot of time on my Valkyrie and have over 1000 skill points on her so switching was not an easy decision... however after I hit 55 and getting my Liverto blade to 15, it was so much easier to just stay.

I grinded a lot as you can probably tell by my level and put a lot of time into my Valkyrie and I got bored of the class and felt frustrated most of the time especially during Node Wars and RBF. I felt like the class is only good for one thing, and that is 1 vs 1 and suck at pretty much everything else. At times, I feel like I'm the only Valkyrie in Red Battlefield and why do I feel that? Because most of the time... I AM THE ONLY VALKYRIE in RBF.

Defend if you must of this class.

People say this class is the tankiest class which means this class is the best tank class in the game. Sure, this class is the tankiest class but that doesn't mean its the best tank in the game. Fact is... I give that title to Berserker. Not only do they have WAY better mobility, they also have WAY better Crowd Control making them a very valuable class especially during Node Wars. Their mobility allows them to get away from situation much better than a Valkyrie could so in certain situation, they have better survivability due to their mobility. They can also provide debuff to other players that slow their movement speeds and attack/cast speeds.

People say this class has the best burst. After leveling my Maehwa to 56 and getting her Liverto blade to Tri. I will have to STRONGLY disagree with this. VERY VERY STRONGLY disagree. Not only does her burst gets beaten by the Maehwa. The Maehwa also does more DAMAGE which in turns yield more experience per hour of your grind. I find that I could solo Pirates and Sausan and beat the spawn ALONE because of her very strong damage and mobility. I don't even use healing pots as a Maehwa due to her healing absorption skills.

People say this class has the best heals and the best buffs. Nope, that title goes to Wizard and Witches. Not only can they heal better, they can also do more damage and give better buffs to people during PvP situation. Wizard and Witches are in high demand for Node Wars due to their supreme damage, best heals and best buffs.

I've come into the conclusion that Valkyrie is probably the worst class in the game right now and this is coming from a level 58. I switch to a Maehwa and I find EVERYTHING to be much easier be it grinding, world boss and finally... Red Battlefield. Due to my supreme mobility, I can get away from situation much better than any class in the game and have no problem saving myself as nobody can catch up to me.

Jumping from the lowest damaging deal class (can argue that Warrior is worse) and the worse mobility class to the highest damaging melee class with the best mobility is a big change.

That is my story. I find everything better. Its not a wonder that Valkyrie is the least played class in the game. Is there a chance I'll get back to Valkyrie? Sure, but only if they buff this class to where its worth playing over say a Wizard, Ranger or a Maehwa. Why play a class that other class can do better?

oh yeah I forgot, just wait for awakening right? I honestly would not get your hopes up on the awakening as other people have said that its alright. Definitely not top tier like Warriors and Berserkers.

If your a Valkyrie and you made it to the last post. I highly recommend you try out another class like a Ranger, Wizard or a Maehwa and see if you like that class better because chances are, you will find it better because that class can do what a Valkyrie can do but better.

Edited by Gumo
2 people like this

Posted

Glad you found a class you enjoy gl with her

Posted

yeah i switched from valk to ranger. good choice over all. 

Posted

/tears

Why do I read these posts after I reach 53! LOL

OP, a well explained decision.

Posted (edited)

I...just...bought...Kzarka Longsword........... Yesterday :'(

I sadly agree with you, people don't understand the state of the class due to its great efficiency in 1v1 fights. No wonder why nobody is playing the class, any of its roles can be covered better with another class; it's not even considered a top tier class with the awakening.

In each guild I have been i was in fact the only one or one of the 3 valks (max), this clearly explain: we need some more group pvp utility.

In fact, the only reason I haven't switched yet is because I love the class (and I dont like playing zerker :P)

Well, my friend, at least we are still useful, even if not the optimal class, with a DP build when we have to peel for our rangers/witches.

Also, we could use some fixes on a couple of skills that are bugged since release :P

I just hope that the new dark elf class is gonna use a Longsword :'D

Edited by Aunatar

Posted

Could probably agree, yet I still like Valkyrie and will stick playing with her (just hit lvl 56). As a side note, in most MMOs I have tried pure tank classes are not very popular, even in games with the "holy trinity" system, where they are more or less required for most end game stuff. The classic chat you would see often "looking for a tank for ..." (together with "looking for healer" too).

A pure tank class means coming to terms with what it is, at least in some of those other games, being a rather rare class and much in demand can be a source of satisfaction and being good in that class could also mean being "popular" (the player, not the class). A tank class is still a demanding class, far more than what most people believe, "just stand there, shield up, popcorn time". Not quite, and even less so in BDO.

Thing is in a game like BDO, it looks like a pure tank class has rather limited use, perhaps has a role to play in mass PvP, but in most PvE situations is a handicap, any nuke dps class will just do better.

But in any case, it can be a love / hate thing... there are certainly far better choices for progression and everything, playing long hours with a Valkyrie, you got to lover her ^^ (still I understand your point and frustration).

Posted

Could probably agree, yet I still like Valkyrie and will stick playing with her (just hit lvl 56). As a side note, in most MMOs I have tried pure tank classes are not very popular, even in games with the "holy trinity" system, where they are more or less required for most end game stuff. The classic chat you would see often "looking for a tank for ..." (together with "looking for healer" too).

A pure tank class means coming to terms with what it is, at least in some of those other games, being a rather rare class and much in demand can be a source of satisfaction and being good in that class could also mean being "popular" (the player, not the class). A tank class is still a demanding class, far more than what most people believe, "just stand there, shield up, popcorn time". Not quite, and even less so in BDO.

Thing is in a game like BDO, it looks like a pure tank class has rather limited use, perhaps has a role to play in mass PvP, but in most PvE situations is a handicap, any nuke dps class will just do better.

But in any case, it can be a love / hate thing... there are certainly far better choices for progression and everything, playing long hours with a Valkyrie, you got to lover her ^^ (still I understand your point and frustration).

Yes. But a Valkyrie isn't high in demand even when its a tank class. Fact is... more Valkyrie and or Warrior is going full AP due to the fact that DP doesn't scale as well with AP and when Awakening comes out, the scaling is going to be even worse than is now.

On top of that... a Valkyrie is a tank class that doesn't compete well with a semi tank class like a Berserker. Berserker has better mobility, better damage, better CC and a debuff to enemy speed and a bit less tanky but its a package of 4 that players would rather take a Berserker over a Valkyrie.

Is a class that isn't good at anything unfortunately.

Posted (edited)

Have Fun, I mean  the awakening part Valk is consider better then Maewha in KR by a long shot....... TBH I would tell new people to play blader / Plum super fast and fun to play their awakening may not be the best / considered the best in KR but they are still good

Valk is the least played class in KR because it basically was Warrior tier how we have them now .. and seeing how warrior got the 1st awakening and its literally just a swap over of gear ppl just re-lvl'd and warrior awakening is considered the strongest so why roll back. Post awakening weps Valk is in a better place then Maewha, a majority of the Plums in KR have either re-rolled to archer do it its equally fast pace dash or gave up. But overall if ur not having fun and ur willing to put the time in re-roll.  When they put in wep swap item on the cash shop so i can just transfer my Zaka I would consider it if awakening isn't out at that point

If u dont believe me go read Inven / DL KR version.

Edited by Acover

Posted

Yeah the same feeling,the same thoughts...but dont want to spend again money on weight,costumes,inventory place,etc to play another class...Grind again skill points...so for ever will stay a valk...

Posted

FYI maewha just got a substantial nerf in KR, so I would expect to see that hit NA/EU eventually.

also valk in terms of viability overall is mid tier, hardly worst in game. we are average or slightly above average in just about every category of functionality.

average sustain

above average survivability

average support

below average sustained damage

above average burst damage

Only thing we are terrible at is our mobility, which plays a huge factor into why valks lack luster at the moment.

Posted

In PVE I still like Valk quite a bit, but in PVP I feel pretty useless, but that's because I only really do GvG. I'm in no way super geared (Duo Liverto/Duo Grunil/ PRI Witch /PRI Coral Rings/PRI Vangertz/ PRI Scarla) but I don't think my gear is terrible... Still working on getting it up but with that said my only job is basically being a meat shield or defending wizards/rangers but it only takes 1 super geared ranger or wizard to just destroy me.

I'm not the best PVPer but don't consider myself terrible (I was good in Aion!!) But still feel a little let down by Valk. 

1v1 I do pretty well, but in my playtime that rarely happens.

Im currently leveling a wizard to be of more use in GvG and so far I'm liking that class.

On the fence if I should just drop Valk and Go wizard... Just hard to swallow wasting that Duo Liverto.

Posted (edited)

In PVE I still like Valk quite a bit, but in PVP I feel pretty useless, but that's because I only really do GvG. I'm in no way super geared (Duo Liverto/Duo Grunil/ PRI Witch /PRI Coral Rings/PRI Vangertz/ PRI Scarla) but I don't think my gear is terrible... Still working on getting it up but with that said my only job is basically being a meat shield or defending wizards/rangers but it only takes 1 super geared ranger or wizard to just destroy me.

I'm not the best PVPer but don't consider myself terrible (I was good in Aion!!) But still feel a little let down by Valk. 

1v1 I do pretty well, but in my playtime that rarely happens.

Im currently leveling a wizard to be of more use in GvG and so far I'm liking that class.

On the fence if I should just drop Valk and Go wizard... Just hard to swallow wasting that Duo Liverto.

It is understandable that people don't want to abandon their high skill points, pearl shop items and Liverto etc etc. Have you seen https://www.twitch.tv/nicepatchad

???

She main 2 characters. A ranger and a Valkyrie and watching her from time to time is relaxing but you can definitely tell the superior grind speed of that of a ranger when compared to the Valkyrie even though the Valkyrie has a Tet Kzarka and the Ranger has a Tri Kzarka. The speed is definitely noticeable and I would say she could grind twice as fast with a ranger.

With that being said, its not hard to switch to another character since you can now buy pearl shop items for as low as 19m and spend 30$ on weights and just weights alone. They also made it obtaining skill points a lot easier than it used to. I'm sitting at 700 skill points on my Maehwa and she is only level 56.

But all that aside, you can play your Valkyrie @PvE and then switch to Wizard/Witch for PvP?

Edited by Gumo

Posted

At work now but I will watch that vid when I get home.

I'm totally against giving Kakao any mkre money... I've only bought pets but you're right that the cash shop items make it a lot easier to level.  My wizard is 54 now and 53-54 went pretty darn quick with the 50% exp bonus.  I also like the sustain of wizard too... Healing light house + mana absorption = farm till your gear breaks. 

I've never farmed till my gear broke on my Valk haha.

I'm at about 550 SP on my wiz at the moment. I'm just happy I can transfer my armor and accessories should I choose to switch... And I've been fail stacking on wizard gear too which helps.

Posted (edited)

Have Fun, I mean  the awakening part Valk is consider better then Maewha in KR by a long shot....... TBH I would tell new people to play blader / Plum super fast and fun to play their awakening may not be the best / considered the best in KR but they are still good

Valk is the least played class in KR because it basically was Warrior tier how we have them now .. and seeing how warrior got the 1st awakening and its literally just a swap over of gear ppl just re-lvl'd and warrior awakening is considered the strongest so why roll back. Post awakening weps Valk is in a better place then Maewha, a majority of the Plums in KR have either re-rolled to archer do it its equally fast pace dash or gave up. But overall if ur not having fun and ur willing to put the time in re-roll.  When they put in wep swap item on the cash shop so i can just transfer my Zaka I would consider it if awakening isn't out at that point

If u dont believe me go read Inven / DL KR version.

Awakening plum is currently in good position. They consist of long range fast bursts. They have the strongest burst of all classes. And plum is still faster than ranger even though they have a dash.

And I read inven everyday and that was a long time ago...

Here is a plum PvP who is in a top siege guild in kr:

I have played plum awakening and deciding whether or not to play musa or plum...

Edited by BarcodeGod

Posted

Vlak is love valk is life

1 person likes this

Posted

Awakening plum is currently in good position. They consist of long range fast bursts. They have the strongest burst of all classes. And plum is still faster than ranger even though they have a dash.

And I read inven everyday and that was a long time ago...

Here is a plum PvP who is in a top siege guild in kr:

I have played plum awakening and deciding whether or not to play musa or plum...

I Read inven as well and yes while plum base dash is faster it's overall speed advantage is  reduced dramatically with all awakenings out .... I play/ played KR  and read inven as well , I never said plum was bad it is good 1v1 thats it, its base kit was already good 1v1,  In any other scale Plum is mediocre at best and doesn't  give anything  " special " compared to the rest of awakening all the plum awakening did for plum play was make a decent 1v1 class better at 1v1 which isn't the main "end game" objective of the game. Yes while 1v1 is important as well you can't just base everything off the 1v1 capability of a class. Oh and Btw the plum in that video is crazily geared, yes you want to look at top end gear play of you class but  you should also look at a more average geared plum, its far less impressive. 

Posted (edited)

I Read inven as well and yes while plum base dash is faster it's overall speed advantage is  reduced dramatically with all awakenings out .... I play/ played KR  and read inven as well , I never said plum was bad it is good 1v1 thats it, its base kit was already good 1v1,  In any other scale Plum is mediocre at best and doesn't  give anything  " special " compared to the rest of awakening all the plum awakening did for plum play was make a decent 1v1 class better at 1v1 which isn't the main "end game" objective of the game. Yes while 1v1 is important as well you can't just base everything off the 1v1 capability of a class. Oh and Btw the plum in that video is crazily geared, yes you want to look at top end gear play of you class but  you should also look at a more average geared plum, its far less impressive. 

The people he is facing is equaled geared.. and there isn't much difference with a averaged gear with 220+ ap, you are still able to kill with one combo. And like I said, in larger scale battle, plums are best at picking off people at backline. And where are you getting all these information from? From people who "re rolled" or "gave up" which were all forum whiners like on NA?

Edited by BarcodeGod

Posted

The people he is facing is equaled geared.. and there isn't much difference with a averaged gear with 220+ ap, you are still able to kill with one combo. And like I said, in larger scale battle, plums are best at picking off people at backline. And where are you getting all these information from? From people who "re rolled" or "gave up" which were all forum whiners like on NA?

how can u tell someone is equally geared from ganking them at a grinding spot ? but yes that is 220+ ap true.. picking off back line what, have you played KR sieges ?

Posted

how can u tell someone is equally geared from ganking them at a grinding spot ? but yes that is 220+ ap true.. picking off back line what, have you played KR sieges ?

ok then...

Here is a video of "equally gear":

The collection of the first video he was pvp against strong guilds on kr... If you were an experienced PvP and actually watch the full videos, you can tell he won from skill, not gear, and it was even gear fights. It is very frustrating to see people who think they "know everything because I read kr forums and plays kr!", and when seeing a PvP video where clearly the player is skilled they say "he just won because of gear" and don't acknowledge of how well the player is while making other excuses.

And yes I do...

Have a nice day...

Posted (edited)

ok then...

Here is a video of "equally gear":

collection of the first video he was pvp against strong guilds on kr... If you were an experienced PvP and actually watch the full videos, you can tell he won from skill, not gear, and it was even gear fights. It is very frustrating to see people who think they "know everything because I read kr forums and plays kr!", and when seeing a PvP video where clearly the player is skilled they say "he just won because of gear" and don't acknowledge of how well the player is while making other excuses.

And yes I do...

Have a nice day...

LOL again with the 1v1..... I already said it was good in one please get another argument.. and do u have pic of the gear from both sides or just assuming again? I never said I knew everything someone/ you seem triggered ..... and if u think this game takes tons of skill thing IDK its literally a CC into KO game and thats what I like about it.... you not providing and points other then good in 1v1 so its a great awakening....  and I've seen this video before so can u stop linking 1v1s cuz I've probably seen them....... TI6 time , Bye

P.S Dont reply if its just more 1v1 = greatest awakening argument ... cuz  1v1 ranger is better BTW

Edited by Acover

Posted

LOL again with the 1v1..... I already said it was good in one please get another argument.. and do u have pic of the gear from both sides or just assuming again? I never said I knew everything someone/ you seem triggered ..... and if u think this game takes tons of skill thing IDK its literally a CC into KO game and thats what I like about it.... you not providing and points other then good in 1v1 so its a great awakening....  and I've seen this video before so can u stop linking 1v1s cuz I've probably seen them....... TI6 time , Bye

P.S Dont reply if its just more 1v1 = greatest awakening argument ... cuz  1v1 ranger is better BTW

wait... Seems that you cant read the description shows that you can't read Korean at all yet your stating all of this BS about the class. Not only that but your stating that you "read inven" and even asked if i ever played kr siege when you can't even attempt to learn or speak korean? If you don't know anything at ALL about the class then why you are bringing complete useless rumoured information about the class except claiming that "plum is only good in 1v1"?

If thats not enough to assume that they are equal gear, then show me proof, an actual picture of every plum leaving because of their awakeing. Show me proof you play on kr server. Show me proof you read inven everyday. And like I said, if you ever have experience with any PvP awakening, which you don't, then you would know that they were equally as geared.

"and if u think this game takes tons of skill thing IDK its literally a CC into KO game and thats what I like about it.... you not providing and points other then good in 1v1 so its a great awakening"

I am not exactly sure what to say now O.o

And how about you providing points how plum is weak? Except for

"re-rolled to archer do it its equally fast pace dash"

Yet you then say

"yes while plum base dash is faster it's overall speed advantage is  reduced dramatically"

Posted (edited)

wait... Seems that you cant read the description shows that you can't read Korean at all yet your stating all of this BS about the class. Not only that but your stating that you "read inven" and even asked if i ever played kr siege when you can't even attempt to learn or speak korean? If you don't know anything at ALL about the class then why you are bringing complete useless rumoured information about the class except claiming that "plum is only good in 1v1"?

If thats not enough to assume that they are equal gear, then show me proof, an actual picture of every plum leaving because of their awakeing. Show me proof you play on kr server. Show me proof you read inven everyday. And like I said, if you ever have experience with any PvP awakening, which you don't, then you would know that they were equally as geared.

"and if u think this game takes tons of skill thing IDK its literally a CC into KO game and thats what I like about it.... you not providing and points other then good in 1v1 so its a great awakening"

I am not exactly sure what to say now O.o

And how about you providing points how plum is weak? Except for

"re-rolled to archer do it its equally fast pace dash"

Yet you then say

"yes while plum base dash is faster it's overall speed advantage is  reduced dramatically"

Ur acting liked I clicked to go to youtube..... I never said it was weak can you read I said it was good in 1v1 many of times..... you yet again are acting like 1v1 is all the matters in the game....... and if u think that valks AP is that high lol do you know what you would have to get to be that high... gonna need some proof there..  LOL im done here   go back to the maewha section or keep typing to yourself.. Full Pen/Tet Valk LOL NICE JOKE

Edited by Acover
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ur acting liked I clicked to go to youtube..... I never said it was weak can you read I said it was good in 1v1 many of times..... you yet again are acting like 1v1 is all the matters in the game....... and if u think that valks AP is that high lol do you know what you would have to get to be that high... gonna need some proof there..  LOL im done here   go back to the maewha section or keep typing to yourself.. Full Pen/Tet Valk LOL NICE JOKE

i have never once talked about the strength of plum in 1v1, the video clearly shows the strength of plums long range fast cc burst ability that no other class haves.  you clearly have no experience what so ever in PvP on KR. Why am I arguing with someone who thinks they know everything because they played on kr, even though they don't communicate with any kr players, by reading a couple posts on inven, inven totally gives all true information, and only life skilled on kr? 

Edited by BarcodeGod

Posted

Valk 57.25% here, 900+ skill points and 162 ap / 236 Dp

Rerolling into ranger/sorc

Posted

I'm almost Lvl 60 and I love my class; it doesn't need to be buffed.