• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is this game P2W?

60 posts in this topic

Posted

If this game is P2W, then it should go F2P as well

If you have something to say you should say it on your real account as well.

Posted

run you fool, run!

Posted

I take your point about gw2 not being an open world pvp game, and that levels & stats generally equalise.. but people can still pay money to buy legendary weapons already made instead of having to craft them. How many people in gw2 actually crafted their own legendary weapons? I bet not many because the crafting in gw2 is near useless unless a person wants to grind relentlessly.

Maybe BDO could reduce the amount of money these pearl items can be sold for?

For the record I've only bought 2 copies of the game. Never paid any real money for anything else.

I do think Kakao games need to listen more to the playerbase though. Blindly carrying on without any consultation will ruin the game.

A great number of people actually. Crafting a legendary in GW2 is a nice challenge. And it's not like IF you buy it, then you buy it from the game developer directly - last time I checked, you buy it from another player who crafted it. And finally, let's not forget that in the pvp area (island of the mists) everything is EQUALIZED in gw2, so your legendary is just a purely cosmetic item there. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, the game is very good but sadly it is pay to win. Do not listen to all those "white knights" blindly defending a game which quite literaly sucks hundreds of dollars out of them. They spend too much time and money on BDO and refuse to admit they have became milking cows. And unless you have plenty of money reserved on games, then dont touch BDO.

I could be considered a white knight and Ive only spent the 30 bucks to get the game then 30 bucks to get some pets. Ive never felt at a disadvantage compared to a spender. With the recent change, I can now access the chash shop without spending real money. Small advantages previously unaccessable to me are now avaible to me. I hope they keep the price ratio as it is now and expand the items to gillie suits too. Additionally, there are plenty of people on the anti-P2W spectrum who have spent hundreds because they feel that they cannot be competitive without those purchases. Whales spent because they enjoy or want items, anti-P2W spenders feel forced to spend to stay competitive.

Edited by Guzzi

Posted

Yes, the game is very good but sadly it is pay to win. Do not listen to all those "white knights" blindly defending a game which quite literaly sucks hundreds of dollars out of them. They spend too much time and money on BDO and refuse to admit they have became milking cows. And unless you have plenty of money reserved on games, then dont touch BDO.

So much BS.....

Posted

It's turned into a RMT (Real Money Transaction) game. You can earn 100 million a week as the current limit. But in a recent updated announcement post they had added the word "Might" to it, so it might be 100 million potentially earned now. But it might be doubled, tripled, or no limit at all.

Posted

The legendary 1 poster, account that got created for the sole purpose of infighting stupidity in the forum strikes again!

Yes, yes. When someone opposes my opinion they are either fanboys or white knights. 

The stupid mentality that completely discriminates facts and logic.

It's turned into a RMT (Real Money Transaction) game. You can earn 100 million a week as the current limit. But in a recent updated announcement post they had added the word "Might" to it, so it might be 100 million potentially earned now. But it might be doubled, tripled, or no limit at all.

Support this thread then.

Posted

The legendary 1 poster, account that got created for the sole purpose of infighting stupidity in the forum strikes again!

Yes, yes. When someone opposes my opinion they are either fanboys or white knights. 

Hidden Content

Support this thread then.

You're delusional if Kakao is going to limit their income.

Posted (edited)

Limited CS buying on Market is limiting Kakaos income how.......?

That Shit would still sell in lightspeed.

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

And you and your delusional posy think theyre gonna stop the cash shop to marketplace transaction.

Also, my suggestion isnt gonna limit their income, in fact its gonna be the opposite. 

Pearl = Silver = Kakao makes money

Silver = Pearl = Kakao doesnt make money

Explain why silver to pearl would limit kakao from making money? Are you gonna put on your tinfoil hat and say the bank of calpheon is ran by kakao?

Posted (edited)

And you and your delusional posy think theyre gonna stop the cash shop to marketplace transaction.

Also, my suggestion isnt gonna limit their income, in fact its gonna be the opposite. 

Pearl = Silver = Kakao makes money

Silver = Pearl = Kakao doesnt make money

Explain why silver to pearl would limit kakao from making money? Are you gonna put on your tinfoil hat and say the bank of calpheon is ran by kakao?

I've already stated this in another post that you've been on as well. I'll edit this and include it once I find it.

Edit:

That wouldn't be profitable for Kakao though. If I keep sniping and hoarding the items to resell later when we "catch up to other regions" they so call it. Then it'll force people to buy from the PS rather than wait to get lucky at the MP after camping a few hours if they have that much time to even spend.

So you got people buying PS items to sell on MP being sniped. Then those who cannot AWP 180 no scope snipe items themselves will eventually go to the PS. win-win for Kakao

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/108568-so-this-camping-the-ah-is-fun/&page=2

Edit #2: I'm not delusional that they're going to stop, I'm just helping those who may not be aware of their lies.

Edited by Muzak

Posted

Lol 1 post account made yesterday Lol

Posted

I'll 2nd this. Valks tears incoming and the BDO white knights saying the wording he used was it had no place in our build "AT THE TIME" not that it would never be added and totally justify it.

He used "at this stage" when referencing a question regarding cash shop items, costumes specifically, being added to the marketplace in that interview.

They never said that when referencing Valk's Cry.

https://youtu.be/BqyaRRKKk5c?t=718 

From 11:53 to about 12:24 is the statement you're referring to. He says "at this stage" when talking about the costumes being able to be sold on the marketplace. Prior to that he mentions Valk's Cry but there is no "at this stage" phrasing used in regards to that item.

Please, please don't paraphrase these things or get their context skewed. That only breeds further rumor mongering and hearsay and just serves to muddy the real information on the subject.

As for if the game is P2W...eh no. 20 mil per costume being sold, with a limit of 5 per week (100 mil a week for $150) isn't even close to Pay To Win. 100 mil isn't going to win you anything when that really only buys you one piece of boss armor, not even upgraded, and even if you had one already that 100 mil isn't getting that single piece of boss armor to TRI (+18) or TET (+19), probably not even DUO (+17).

Just with the way gearing and upgrading works in this game it's hardly a pay to win scenario, even if prices shoot up significantly. For you to instantly "win" from a system like this, in BDO specifically, you would have to get enough money for you to instantly buy/upgrade Best in Slot gear, all slots (12 total), to TET (+19) or PEN (+20) which is just downright impossible to do even with 500 mil silver.

I've posted about this several times already, was really hoping it would spread around more or at the very least people might actually be rational rather than emotional about it. Tall order I guess.

1 person likes this

Posted

This desperately needed a new topic.

Thanks m8

ERMAGAWD!!! I know!

There hasn't been a thread on this for the past 11 minutes.

Posted (edited)

I truly don't feel like this game is P2W. The definition of that term is somewhat subjective, however from my experience with P2W in literally every other game that has this mechanic is defined differently.

P2W is when you can unload cash into the game and get end game gear off the bat. This is not the case in BDO for two reasons:

1) Less significant, is the fact that the maximum of 100 mill per week is just not enough to put you on par with end game players, not even close.

2) More importantly; the RNG nature of BDO nullifies most P2W mechanics. Even if you do spend a stupid amount of money on P2W it would take you several months to gather enough silver to be competetive, you're better off playing the game, it would take less time. Now let's assume that after six months you have several billion silver and have bought all of the end game gear from the night vendor.

At this point it still doesn't mean shit, because you need to get that gear to at least TRI. Now you can buy some of that gear allready at TRI from the ah but those pieces are seldom sold and when they are they cost over a billion each.  You can buy one or two, maybe three but that still leaves you heavily under geared. 

So your only option is still to RNG your way to the top. This game is not about how much silver you have (although that helps allot), it's about luck and patience! 

Edited by Snake Plisskin
1 person likes this

Posted

He used "at this stage" when referencing a question regarding cash shop items, costumes specifically, being added to the marketplace in that interview.

They never said that when referencing Valk's Cry.

https://youtu.be/BqyaRRKKk5c?t=718 

From 11:53 to about 12:24 is the statement you're referring to. He says "at this stage" when talking about the costumes being able to be sold on the marketplace. Prior to that he mentions Valk's Cry but there is no "at this stage" phrasing used in regards to that item.

Please, please don't paraphrase these things or get their context skewed. That only breeds further rumor mongering and hearsay and just serves to muddy the real information on the subject.

As for if the game is P2W...eh no. 20 mil per costume being sold, with a limit of 5 per week (100 mil a week for $150) isn't even close to Pay To Win. 100 mil isn't going to win you anything when that really only buys you one piece of boss armor, not even upgraded, and even if you had one already that 100 mil isn't getting that single piece of boss armor to TRI (+18) or TET (+19), probably not even DUO (+17).

Just with the way gearing and upgrading works in this game it's hardly a pay to win scenario, even if prices shoot up significantly. For you to instantly "win" from a system like this, in BDO specifically, you would have to get enough money for you to instantly buy/upgrade Best in Slot gear, all slots (12 total), to TET (+19) or PEN (+20) which is just downright impossible to do even with 500 mil silver.

I've posted about this several times already, was really hoping it would spread around more or at the very least people might actually be rational rather than emotional about it. Tall order I guess.

that's so false, if your follow the reddit you'd know there's already a pen tree armor on croxus even before the p2w gets outs hand people are penning boss armor

Posted

that's so false, if your follow the reddit you'd know there's already a pen tree armor on croxus even before the p2w gets outs hand people are penning boss armor

Yeah, you mean the one PEN boss armor when there are thousands upon thousands of players. Yeah, you see one or two people post about the one piece of PEN they got, that doesn't translate into hundreds of them. That is just people getting lucky.

Also keep in mind PEN (+20) is even an extreme rarity on KR servers and they've had the ability to sell costumes on the Marketplace since launch -2 years ago-. Not to mention how often do you think you're going to see a PEN piece of boss armor or BiS anything else show up on the marketplace?

Be reasonable, consider the circumstances of the game mechanics and also take into account the fact that the game has been out for 2 years already, with the ability to sell costumes on the marketplace, on the Korean servers and, again, PEN is still a rarity.

Posted

I dropped $100 abd get 100m, magically can buy an armor from night vendor for 100m.

Then while this is happening happening, some noob (100/100) decides to join in field boss, and even though his missed alot and lans only 1 hit, he then gets that boss gear lol.

Imagine that scenario lol

Posted

I dropped $100 abd get 100m, magically can buy an armor from night vendor for 100m.

Then while this is happening happening, some noob (100/100) decides to join in field boss, and even though his missed alot and lans only 1 hit, he then gets that boss gear lol.

Imagine that scenario lol

I stated something like this yesterday lol, people cant grasp that. The gain from the cash shop to marketplace transaction is very minimal if you look at the grander scale of RNG, the scale that someone might have dropped 20K in the game, but that doesnt mean some random player cant gain the same easily randomly lol.

I've already stated this in another post that you've been on as well. I'll edit this and include it once I find it.

Edit:

That wouldn't be profitable for Kakao though. If I keep sniping and hoarding the items to resell later when we "catch up to other regions" they so call it. Then it'll force people to buy from the PS rather than wait to get lucky at the MP after camping a few hours if they have that much time to even spend.

So you got people buying PS items to sell on MP being sniped. Then those who cannot AWP 180 no scope snipe items themselves will eventually go to the PS. win-win for Kakao

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/108568-so-this-camping-the-ah-is-fun/&page=2

Edit #2: I'm not delusional that they're going to stop, I'm just helping those who may not be aware of their lies.

If you snipped the same costume hoping to flip it because for some reason kakao decides to raise the cap of max price, but since its bound to the player who bought it, now people will have to rebuy new cash shop items to sell in the market lol, and you one of the people think they outsmarted the system is now left with multiple pairs of costumes stuck in your inventory. I say its a win- win situation, its a win for the players because we get to laugh at fools who thought they outsmarted the system and a win for kakao because players will still buy costumes eitherway. But in the case of silver gain, its unlikely, costumes starting to stockpile in Edan because people have gotten what they want, pretty sure the only ones buying frequently are the stockpilers. 20M might be small in the RNG scheme, but 20M+ for 1 costume set is completely different. Why buy a costume for 20m+ when you can buy a decent gear or black stones for upgrading? This is of course if they raise the price.

Also they didnt lie, you just refuse to accept the fact that they warned us about the possibility. 

If I said im not gonna hurt you, and I pay some random block to hurt you, did I hurt you?

Posted

Yeah, you mean the one PEN boss armor when there are thousands upon thousands of players. Yeah, you see one or two people post about the one piece of PEN they got, that doesn't translate into hundreds of them. That is just people getting lucky.

Also keep in mind PEN (+20) is even an extreme rarity on KR servers and they've had the ability to sell costumes on the Marketplace since launch -2 years ago-. Not to mention how often do you think you're going to see a PEN piece of boss armor or BiS anything else show up on the marketplace?

Be reasonable, consider the circumstances of the game mechanics and also take into account the fact that the game has been out for 2 years already, with the ability to sell costumes on the marketplace, on the Korean servers and, again, PEN is still a rarity.

I don't care about the korean servers thats a different version of the game. My point was simple We already have people hitting pen. yes it takes luck, but just wait till valks cry comes out. We have a lot more money in the US than Korea. We'll hit pen quite a bit faster as we are limited to the amount of money we can spend on gaming each month like they are

Posted

Thanks for sharing your opinion...now sit down and be quiet. We don´t need more threads about this topic. 

Well, the mods havent said anything about it. So who the HELL are you to tell anyone to keep quiet?

Posted

I don't care about the korean servers thats a different version of the game. My point was simple We already have people hitting pen. yes it takes luck, but just wait till valks cry comes out. We have a lot more money in the US than Korea. We'll hit pen quite a bit faster as we are limited to the amount of money we can spend on gaming each month like they are

Yeah no we won't, not in the numbers that you think we will. Yes people will hit PEN, people have hit PEN, but the number of people that will be running around in full PEN Boss Armor/Kzarka/Nouver will be VERY VERY few, not even a handful of people.

It will -not- be a common thing that you'll see, no matter what you might think after getting blown up by a ranger/warrior/giant/sorc after awakenings, PEN is not a common thing and won't be.

Not to mention the only time I think you'll be able to cry "They lied to us! They said they weren't going to add Pay2Win!" is if they add in Valk's Cry, but as it stands currently they have kept to their word on not enabling that item in the game and they added the Blessing of Kamasilve to the loyalties tab and it has remained there just as they said it would.

Until then you can theorize and tinfoil hat all you want, however there are facts based on the current circumstances not just in our version but in the other versions that are prevalent and shouldn't just be ignored or countered with "Well our version is different." Yeah, ours is different, but also KR has had their costumes sellable since day 1 and they've been out for 2 years now yet FULL PEN is still a rarity, regardless of. I don't doubt that people hit PEN, just based off luck, on KR shortly after +20 was released. It happens. But to think that PEN will be commonplace here is just silly.

Posted

P2W is subjective at best, especially in the situation here. Can someone pay and get good gear? Yes. But also everything that can be obtained via cash exchange can also be had in game (at the current exchange rate, its faster in game if you have the time).   Nothing that is needed to play, compete, or advance is exclusive to either method. 

This! BDO is not p2w in that the cash shop will directly give someone power. There are other problems with the cash shop that make it semi necessary to use though.

Posted (edited)

Yes it is, if you pay you get : More experience, more inventory slots, can carry more weight, more silver, less tax on marketplace, can hide your name, you can revive on spot instead of nearest node/city, higher tier horses, higher tier pets, costumes, dyes to colors your gear, you can buy items from marketplace before anyone else gets to see them, did I miss anything else?

Edited by CruleD

Posted

Yeah no we won't, not in the numbers that you think we will. Yes people will hit PEN, people have hit PEN, but the number of people that will be running around in full PEN Boss Armor/Kzarka/Nouver will be VERY VERY few, not even a handful of people.

It will -not- be a common thing that you'll see, no matter what you might think after getting blown up by a ranger/warrior/giant/sorc after awakenings, PEN is not a common thing and won't be.

Not to mention the only time I think you'll be able to cry "They lied to us! They said they weren't going to add Pay2Win!" is if they add in Valk's Cry, but as it stands currently they have kept to their word on not enabling that item in the game and they added the Blessing of Kamasilve to the loyalties tab and it has remained there just as they said it would.

Until then you can theorize and tinfoil hat all you want, however there are facts based on the current circumstances not just in our version but in the other versions that are prevalent and shouldn't just be ignored or countered with "Well our version is different." Yeah, ours is different, but also KR has had their costumes sellable since day 1 and they've been out for 2 years now yet FULL PEN is still a rarity, regardless of. I don't doubt that people hit PEN, just based off luck, on KR shortly after +20 was released. It happens. But to think that PEN will be commonplace here is just silly.

You clearly don't understand how kakao operates. They'll add valks cry after awakenings and they'll world it something like "Due to valencia being so challenging we wanted all our players to get the chance to upgrade their gear a little bit easier and have decided to add valks cry" and the defense will be welll..well..well...they said they wouldn't add it to our current build our build has changed so they didn't lie