• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The quality of some of this RP.

93 posts in this topic

Posted

Even RP community is toxic in BDO... it's so sad that ppl like op exists, they won't let others do what they want, cuz it disgust them :D...

BDO's community is one of the worst I know... I'm not sure if it's not worse from even moba community.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tbh.  I'm not in an RP guild.  I host an event weekly, and people show up!  So it's possible to have people show up to things.  I know plenty of other people who hold events too, outside of guilds and they're pretty successful.  You just have to get out there and do it.  I'm always excited to see new events when they pop up and will usually support them.

"I like this human, they understand!"

/EndKroganQuote

Posted (edited)

Tbh.  I'm not in an RP guild.  I host an event weekly, and people show up!  So it's possible to have people show up to things.  I know plenty of other people who hold events too, outside of guilds and they're pretty successful.  You just have to get out there and do it.  I'm always excited to see new events when they pop up and will usually support them.

I wasn't talking about how much people are there, I'm talking about the quality of RP and if it'll make the event fun. Having a bunch of people in one place does not make an event fun if it lacks creative RPers able to create situations inside the events, which usually doesn't happen because most of the events I see are tavern RP's. I don't follow them anymore that much because I've just been disappointed, already have one tavern that's open all the time I don't need to go to another tavern. And honestly what event are you talking about? Tavern or something else? I've never heard of any events outside of player made taverns. I've been out there, I've done everything I could with limited connections. I'm picky with who I RP with for one reason and the reason is for the quality and length of time of the RP I'm in. One reason why it's hard to find anything is because those things I find never satisfy me at all.

{Edit}

I have recently found a group I sort of like, but I've only been in it for a few days. Just I was in a good place at the time and someone was interested in my character IC, 'cus he's weird. v.v

Edited by Legendz
1 person likes this

Posted

I wasn't talking about how much people are there, I'm talking about the quality of RP and if it'll make the event fun. Having a bunch of people in one place does not make an event fun if it lacks creative RPers able to create situations inside the events, which usually doesn't happen because most of the events I see are tavern RP's. I don't follow them anymore that much because I've just been disappointed, already have one tavern that's open all the time I don't need to go to another tavern. And honestly what event are you talking about? Tavern or something else? I've never heard of any events outside of player made taverns. I've been out there, I've done everything I could with limited connections. I'm picky with who I RP with for one reason and the reason is for the quality and length of time of the RP I'm in. One reason why it's hard to find anything is because those things I find never satisfy me at all.

{Edit}

I have recently found a group I sort of like, but I've only been in it for a few days. Just I was in a good place at the time and someone was interested in my character IC, 'cus he's weird. v.v

I hold an information brokering event every week.  It also depends on what server you are on I guess?  There are also groups and networks doing things, like one is doing battle events, and such.  I see a lot of really creative things going on.  There are some merchant groups too doing some things with a guild charter.  So there is lots of stuff going on beyond just tavern events.  

2 people like this

Posted

I hold an information brokering event every week.  It also depends on what server you are on I guess?  There are also groups and networks doing things, like one is doing battle events, and such.  I see a lot of really creative things going on.  There are some merchant groups too doing some things with a guild charter.  So there is lots of stuff going on beyond just tavern events.  

I have not seen or heard that. I'm on the main RP server and channel, and I pretty much look at events on BDORP. Sounds interesting, I thought stuff like this ended with Alliance, suppose not unless you are on something else.

Posted

Even RP community is toxic in BDO... it's so sad that ppl like op exists, they won't let others do what they want, cuz it disgust them :D...

BDO's community is one of the worst I know... I'm not sure if it's not worse from even moba community.

You seem to be getting a little defensive there, buddy. 

Posted

You seem to be getting a little defensive there, buddy. 

I don't have reason for that since I don't RP, I'm just commenting what I see.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have not seen or heard that. I'm on the main RP server and channel, and I pretty much look at events on BDORP. Sounds interesting, I thought stuff like this ended with Alliance, suppose not unless you are on something else.

why haven't we RP'd yet? 

Posted

I don't have reason for that since I don't RP, I'm just commenting what I see.

Likewise, I assumed you were.  My bad.

Well, your opinion is as valid as mine. Thanks for posting and keeping this thread relevant.

Posted

I have never tried roleplay but I'm curious and sometimes I read the stories because they are so detailed that it's interesting to follow them and it's also a chance for me to learn new words, usually I don't see anything ero (I think ... maybe because of my European time zone) instead I see many many articulated and complex dialogues, if I'd try I'm only afraid of typing something silly or grammatically not correct and I would like to know what the everyone thinks about foreigners in roleplay (nothing ero!)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Most of my own roleplay is purely improvisational (i.e., non-scripted) and pretty much anywhere/anytime except for those 'in-the-zone' moments of grinding.  I've found some really decent roleplay on Uno and luckily nothing like the OPs description, although I'm sure that kind of stuff does happen since I've seen that in other MMO's.  Anyway, I'm having fun with roleplay and will keep on as long as I am enjoying the time spent.

I have never tried roleplay but I'm curious and sometimes I read the stories because they are so detailed that it's interesting to follow them and it's also a chance for me to learn new words, usually I don't see anything ero (I think ... maybe because of my European time zone) instead I see many many articulated and complex dialogues, if I'd try I'm only afraid of typing something silly or grammatically not correct and I would like to know what the everyone thinks about foreigners in roleplay (nothing ero!)

Don't be afraid, just jump in.  None of us type perfectly or spell perfectly. Might even get the lore wrong from time-to-time (woa!  I can hear the Velia Shai girl yelling... "Do it BETTER!").  I'm totally fine RPing with foreigners :D The more the merrier! 

Edited by Leaf85
scpellieng missteaks
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They do exist, just hard to find them like any game.

Also, could always try and start your own RP events. Only way to improve an RP community is to help it grow and draw more people in.

Edited by Arden Ammund

Posted (edited)

Don't be afraid, just jump in.  None of us type perfectly or spell perfectly. Might even get the lore wrong from time-to-time (woa!  I can hear the Velia Shai girl yelling... "Do it BETTER!").  I'm totally fine RPing with foreigners :D The more the merrier! 

Psh, I type and spell perfectly always! Okay, maybe not always, but it's important to me. I find that abundant errors can really pull me out of an rp, which is always a bummer. But that said, it shouldn't stop anyone from trying - and I figure if it's clear that mistakes are more from unfamiliarity with the language than from being a native English speaker who can't be bothered to learn their there they're, then it's not nearly as irritating. 

Edit: more to the original topic, I'm pleased that my character (and ooc behavior) don't match any of the OP's cliches, probably because they all annoy the piss out of me too :D

Edited by lolfail
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not a RP'er but I have to say I agree with OP.  The game actually welcomed RP and I honestly feel like its just not good. Or rather its not what I was expecting. I figured from all the games I've played with no RP where people find a way to do it that when a game actually opened its doors to it that there'd be creativity swooshing around everywhere - publicly or not.

Then again what do I know, I'm just great and powerful. 9_9;)

Posted

Eh, people play how they want and do it all in the purpose of their own enjoyment. If you don't agree with how someone else RPs? Ignore them, and move on. No one forces anyone to interact with anyone else.

Posted (edited)

People who use the word 'swig' to refer to drinking...and only use the word 'swig'.

I know you mentioned this quite some time ago; but ever since, I can't stop seeing this damned word in chat now. Thanks.

Edited by Ahni
Splng

Posted (edited)

I seen people RP'ing outside my house in calph they were in the royal looking outfits and writings paragraphs upon paragraphs to each other in general chat

Edited by Kyungri

Posted

Not sure which server or channel you're on, but Orwen / Calpheon O2 has this going on very often. My house is 9-3 Heidel; when I'm in there cooking thousands of beers, my chat is normally scrolling so fast I can't keep up and I'm not even participating. I have no idea how they manage it. :) I'm not complaining; it's nice to have something to look at while waiting to shift to the next cooking station.

Normally it's the same general banter: Weary traveler walks in to the bar, orders something rare, 'tender spends a few minutes looking for it, somebody's cooking a wonderful meal in the other room, etc. But sometimes some funny sht happens. Some guy commenting on a woman's ass and getting shutdown, that sort of thing.

I wish I had the patience to participate in some of that stuff, but I know I just don't. I would assume all my stories would end after about ten minutes with: "Oh crap!" Ahni says while running off like she'd just remembered she left the oven on at home.

1 person likes this

Posted

I seen people RP'ing outside my house in calph they were in the royal looking outfits and writings paragraphs upon paragraphs to each other in general chat

I might know these people. LOL

Posted

Rawr x3 *nuzzles* how are you *pounces on you* you're so warm o3o

Posted

It will eventually wear at a person and make them feel as negative about RP as their experiences have been, if all one does is have contact with the types of RP they don't enjoy. It's easy to start feeling like everyone around you is a bad RPer, and that you can't find quality RP under those circumstances. The thing is, you have to ask yourself -why- you're experiencing this sort of RP, and then work to try to break out of it. 

I went through a phase of it. My character was situated in Heidel and I spent time in the taverns trying to make RP contacts organically, but only ended up frustrated dealing with the constant OOC requests for ERP, and other types of RP I didn't really enjoy being around. Just seemed like approaching people sometimes was like pulling teeth to get them to RP something other than a sex pick-up. On top of that, I ended up in several guilds that folded, and several friends started leaving the game. 

Getting really discouraged, I took a break. When I came back, I decided that since I couldn't find the sort of RP I wanted to be a part of, I set out to create what I wanted to enjoy, because I'll be damned if I was going to subject myself to the type of RP I had before. Still not seeing any guilds that my character would fit into, and really not having interest in PvP endgame, I created my own tag - mostly to stop people from hassling me to join their guilds. I have joined a couple of Discord groups where I've met some people to RP with, and where I've gotten my character's business involved. Also hosting an event soon. I've gotten away from people who only want to RP "pick-ups" and I've made more positive RP connections this time around. I also have a lot more positive outlook by cleaning up the RP and RPers that I just didn't jive well with, and began surrounding myself with the types of RP I enjoy. Now I'm enjoying RP in BDO. 

Posted

I need more of this in my whispers

Posted

I decided that since I couldn't find the sort of RP I wanted to be a part of, I set out to create what I wanted to enjoy,

Pretty much hits the nail on the head. It's possible to get lucky and just sort of stumble into quality RP with creative players, but very unlikely. The game's got enough RNG as it is, so the best thing to do is really to be the change you to see. More work, but worth it.

1 person likes this

Posted

kill it before it can lay it's eggs

Posted

I suspect OP isn't at good at RP as they seem to think they are.