• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Getting bored of BDO

64 posts in this topic

Posted

I think I'm bored. I want to keep playing BDO but I don't have the drive to do anything anymore. I don't wanna grind, I don't wanna play... I don't want to enhance. I don't know why. All I'm looking forward to now is the awakening. I made a thread about getting bored of my Musa... so I played a Ninja. Now I'm getting bored of my Ninja too. Awakening will probably be fun but I know it'll get boring too. Node war was fun but it isn't anymore. Stalemates suck, 3-hours is way too long, guild rivalries get annoying... and the community is not as fun anymore. Everyone is so competitive.

Anyone else feeling the same or the exact opposite? Just wanna hear everyone's thoughts...

3 people like this

Posted

first MMO?

2 people like this

Posted

just talk on forum, get to know the community

I don't really play either.

Posted

first MMO?

Confirmed

Posted

first MMO?

Not my first MMO, but the first real one I didn't get bored of right away.

Posted

I lost interest after the GamesCom announcement. If Naval Combat is going to be a thing then I'm out. There is nothing more boring (at least to myself) than Naval Combat.

If I wanted simulated PvP, I'd be playing World of Tanks.

Well, I'm Blessed (pun intended) that there are new games around the corner.

2 people like this

Posted

Well if youre bored, how about trying out the 80% of the game?

Posted

I think I'm bored. I want to keep playing BDO but I don't have the drive to do anything anymore. I don't wanna grind, I don't wanna play... I don't want to enhance. I don't know why. All I'm looking forward to now is the awakening. I made a thread about getting bored of my Musa... so I played a Ninja. Now I'm getting bored of my Ninja too. Awakening will probably be fun but I know it'll get boring too. Node war was fun but it isn't anymore. Stalemates suck, 3-hours is way too long, guild rivalries get annoying... and the community is not as fun anymore. Everyone is so competitive.

Anyone else feeling the same or the exact opposite? Just wanna hear everyone's thoughts...

Take a break, do something else, gg

Posted

You're at the point of MMO-Burn Out.

It's best to take a break every once in a while, so you don't get this feeling.

2 people like this

Posted

Well if youre bored, how about trying out the 80% of the game?

Not sure what you mean... I'm professional on at least all the life skills, artisan on some, except I have skilled hunting. I do PvX. I've done pretty much everything lol

You're at the point of MMO-Burn Out.

It's best to take a break every once in a while, so you don't get this feeling.

Is MMO-Burn out a real term? I'll be looking it up :D

Prolly will be taking a break lol

Posted

Not sure what you mean... I'm professional on at least all the life skills, artisan on some, except I have skilled hunting. I do PvX. I've done pretty much everything lol

Is MMO-Burn out a real term? I'll be looking it up :D

Prolly will be taking a break lol

It's a term or saying I've used for a long time that I adopted from a guild I was in back during the Burning Crusade days of WoW, we all hit that point of burn-out.

My limit is usually after playing a game 6 months straight in my spare time after working.

BDO has a lot to do in it but I still need a break from it every now and then.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bye...

It's a term or saying I've used for a long time that I adopted from a guild I was in back during the Burning Crusade days of WoW, we all hit that point of burn-out.

My limit is usually after playing a game 6 months straight in my spare time after working.

BDO has a lot to do in it but I still need a break from it every now and then.

yep, people do burn out. Its actually a human condition to get incredibly bored with monotomous activities. A break every now and then is always needed.

Posted

Bye...

yep, people do burn out. Its actually a human condition to get incredibly bored with monotomous activities. A break every now and then is always needed.

True hardcorer's never quit tbh, just look at WoW alot of people since beta are still there going on 12+ years now

Posted

True hardcorer's never quit tbh, just look at WoW alot of people since beta are still there going on 12+ years now

I slowly lost interest after TBC. The game just constantly changed so much and I couldn't stand it.

1 person likes this

Posted

oh i didnt say quit anywhere in my post, please re-read. A break means a little time away no quiting. Imagine at work if your boss tells you to take a break, will you never come back then? Funny!!

Posted

oh i didnt say quit anywhere in my post, please re-read. A break means a little time away no quiting. Imagine at work if your boss tells you to take a break, will you never come back then? Funny!!

It's kind of funny because people have done that before where I work. "I hate this job, I'll be back after lunch!"

Doesn't come back. :P

Posted

It's kind of funny because people have done that before where I work. "I hate this job, I'll be back after lunch!"

Doesn't come back. :P

lol thats hilarious.....

Posted

OP maybe you should take a break and play something else for a while.  WoW has a new expansion coming out in a couple of weeks.  I'm sure players will be jumping ship to play that for a while.

Posted

Friends of mine went to lunch with a smile. They did return 4 years later after fishing right round the coast of Australia. The boss gave them their jobs back.  Win win

Posted

Friends of mine went to lunch with a smile. They did return 4 years later after fishing right round the coast of Australia. The boss gave them their jobs back.  Win win

10/10 Best Boss.

Posted

Could be the lack of meaningful goals. There is a lot to do in BDO, but it doesn't really reward you for doing it. With no reward you may have just burned out on trying to motivate yourself.

I think what WoW does right is constantly reward players. While they take it to a comical level, it keeps players motivated. The only times you'll feel the punishing crushing despair there is if you constantly get put in battlegrounds with a bunch of random players vs geared pre-mades.

In BDO though there are more ways that the game punishes the player than rewards them. And due to the lack of rewards, even when you win it doesn't really instill you with that sense of satisfaction. That sense of satisfaction is why people put up with games like Dark Souls or Ninja Gaiden. They knock you down repeatedly, but once you eventually win it actually feels like a win.

1 person likes this

Posted

Go explore parts of the game you have ignored.  Relax and stop the pressure.

We had some fun castle wars today on Uno.

Tons of stuff to make, knowledge to find, etc.

I am not much into the grind either but there are enough other things to keep me happy.  I cannot sit all day and night at a grind spot like many do.

Sure I am behind in skill points and a level, but I still like the game.  I understand why so many leave.

Posted

Could be the lack of meaningful goals. There is a lot to do in BDO, but it doesn't really reward you for doing it. With no reward you may have just burned out on trying to motivate yourself.

I think what WoW does right is constantly reward players. While they take it to a comical level, it keeps players motivated. The only times you'll feel the punishing crushing despair there is if you constantly get put in battlegrounds with a bunch of random players vs geared pre-mades.

In BDO though there are more ways that the game punishes the player than rewards them. And due to the lack of rewards, even when you win it doesn't really instill you with that sense of satisfaction. That sense of satisfaction is why people put up with games like Dark Souls or Ninja Gaiden. They knock you down repeatedly, but once you eventually win it actually feels like a win.

They also make the best cinematics imo, here's one of the ones I think is the best

Posted

I lost interest after the GamesCom announcement. If Naval Combat is going to be a thing then I'm out. There is nothing more boring (at least to myself) than Naval Combat.

If I wanted simulated PvP, I'd be playing World of Tanks.

Well, I'm Blessed (pun intended) that there are new games around the corner.

Too bad bless's combat is absolute shit.

Posted

There are a ton of life skills to advance, just work on fishing and trading... with the new Imperial stuff, there are some great rare housing items to chase after!