• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Getting bored of BDO

64 posts in this topic

Posted

You probably remember the movie Aliens (1986) from which it came.

You bet. Recognized it immediately. When things got hairy that character whined like nobody's business! He's memorable for only that reason. Haha!

Some games have more action to play, more tactic elements.
The classes need only enough AK/DP and grinding starts, if you play with 5 same classes or other is no difference( a little bit of time needed for killing npcs).
Its boring to run in the circle to kill enemies.

Horse training or gather somethings seems new at the beginning of the game but later its always the same.

BDO has all the trappings and things to do for players who have the play-style where their character(s) can live in the world. I see VERY little of that on these boards, but that is what my characters are doing - little by little; bit by bit.

Although the game prefers it I just don't have the temperament to repeticiously grind out beast in one local for hours on end 'till my eyes bleed. Tactics; or not. So my chars are not bathing in Silver but do fine and stay busy enough.

Where is the game that you spend the time having your character(s) "Live in"?

Posted (edited)

You bet. Recognized it immediately. When things got hairy that character whined like nobody's business! He's memorable for only that reason. Haha!

BDO has all the trappings and things to do for players who have the play-style where their character(s) can live in the world. I see VERY little of that on these boards, but that is what my characters are doing - little by little; bit by bit.

Although the game prefers it I just don't have the temperament to repeticiously grind out beast in one local for hours on end 'till my eyes bleed. Tactics; or not. So my chars are not bathing in Silver but do fine and stay busy enough.

Ultima Online,  will soon be 20 years old, and still has better features, better sandbox and better progression layout than most modern MMO's. In twenty years all the MMO industry has learned is how to produce multiple WoW clones, homogenise all MMO's so they contain the same features and  how to milk money from gamers. 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/30/ultima-online-retrospective/

Edited by Death's Proxy

Posted

True hardcorer's never quit tbh, just look at WoW alot of people since beta are still there going on 12+ years now

Oh, they take breaks, believe me.  When you ask how long they've been playing, they'll state from Beta, but they'll go months without touching things.  Been there, done that, did the bleeding edge content.

Posted

Could be the lack of meaningful goals. There is a lot to do in BDO, but it doesn't really reward you for doing it. With no reward you may have just burned out on trying to motivate yourself.

I think what WoW does right is constantly reward players. While they take it to a comical level, it keeps players motivated. The only times you'll feel the punishing crushing despair there is if you constantly get put in battlegrounds with a bunch of random players vs geared pre-mades.

In BDO though there are more ways that the game punishes the player than rewards them. And due to the lack of rewards, even when you win it doesn't really instill you with that sense of satisfaction. That sense of satisfaction is why people put up with games like Dark Souls or Ninja Gaiden. They knock you down repeatedly, but once you eventually win it actually feels like a win.

Speak for yourself.  Not me and many others.  I wonder why people try and talk for everyone.  Maybe you don't feel rewarded but I do and I am motivated just fine.  I expect people who rush to 50 do get bored alot quicker than players who just take their time.  Not speaking for them just wondering.

Posted

At time i have more fun in playing world of warships.
I dont like to fluffy chars and the requirement of tactical and teamplay is much too low for my opinion.
A part of time i had my fun with gather, build a ship, go fishing and explore but the kind of playing with the chars in pve is boring.
Grind or make Bossscrolls, running in a circle and have fun if you have a high AK.
In other games i had much more group play which was necessary and bdo is  more like a single online game.

If the game agrees to your kind of playing, its fine for you.
For my part much too less.
I bought it because i thought i will have big PvP fights, Keep fights and so on.
Nothing,  i see silly, planned pvp with calenderentries to start a fight like in age of conan.
A bit pk and this shall be pvp ?
No, this is miserable, one of the worst pvp i saw...wish it wouldnt be but it is for me.....

you can play and live, i did the same but this is not motivation for all my time.
I like to use many parts of the game and if too many are bad, too easy, its not fine enough for long time motivation.
So have fun to live in a virtual game :P

Posted

Ultima Online,  will soon be 20 years old, and still has better features, better sandbox and better progression layout than most modern MMO's. In twenty years all the MMO industry has learned is how to produce multiple WoW clones, homogenise all MMO's so they contain the same features and  how to milk money from gamers. 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/30/ultima-online-retrospective/

Several comments following the article were interesting. A keyword one such commenter used was "formulaic" and this coincides with your "homogenised" concept. I think you're correct with that. Yes, MMO's are stripped down to homogenized formulaic temporary thrill rides. So: players hop, skip, and jump from one to the next. The Steam service is like an amusement park and each game offered is a ride therein.

Whether done purposefully by the industry itself or as a natural consequence of human nature for many, the short-term adrenalin pattern has been set. The only thing that appears to satiate this need is when the the undisputed king of them all (WoW) slaps up another temporary fix with their expansions. People then flock back there in droves, the thrill last for a bit, and afterwards they're back to square one - left with the urge to find another fix.

Its easy to get bored with the rinse and repeat process. That is why I must have some other things to do in a game other than being a Combat Junkie.

At time i have more fun in playing world of warships.
I dont like to fluffy chars and the requirement of tactical and teamplay is much too low for my opinion.
A part of time i had my fun with gather, build a ship, go fishing and explore but the kind of playing with the chars in pve is boring.
Grind or make Bossscrolls, running in a circle and have fun if you have a high AK.
In other games i had much more group play which was necessary and bdo is  more like a single online game.

If the game agrees to your kind of playing, its fine for you.
For my part much too less.
I bought it because i thought i will have big PvP fights, Keep fights and so on.
Nothing,  i see silly, planned pvp with calenderentries to start a fight like in age of conan.
A bit pk and this shall be pvp ?
No, this is miserable, one of the worst pvp i saw...wish it wouldnt be but it is for me.....

you can play and live, i did the same but this is not motivation for all my time.
I like to use many parts of the game and if too many are bad, too easy, its not fine enough for long time motivation.
So have fun to live in a virtual game :P

Yes, the tactical aspects of BDO's mob AI have been said to be lacking for quite some time now. The mobs are basically punching bags. You can over level the mobs and the combat leveling game becomes a cakewalk form that perspective. Again; this is another reason that there needs to be more to do in these games than just combat.

Posted

I lost interest after the GamesCom announcement. If Naval Combat is going to be a thing then I'm out. There is nothing more boring (at least to myself) than Naval Combat.

If I wanted simulated PvP, I'd be playing World of Tanks.

Well, I'm Blessed (pun intended) that there are new games around the corner.

oh you don't want to play bless, if that is what you're intending to play at.
trust me, i've played their cbt and that game was alot more shit then black desert.
but you can find that out for yourself if you really want to.

Posted (edited)

It feels like you conveniently left off pre-made this time and that's okay we know why ;)  And sure if you want to put in the serious hard work needed to grind out a geared up twink in WOW and stomp people in battlegrounds that's one thing. But that's completely opposite from being pre-made which was your original assertion. Now yes if you had a scrub character with quest gear or a few odd PVP gears along with like geared scrubs going up against organized people who had put in the hard work twinking their character out then just like in BDO you're going to have a bad day. I should know as I had 2 twinks on WOW just for making alliance fanboys cry salty salty tears :P  But again I couldn't get that twink pre-made as in your original assertion, it took loads of work and planning. The only legit pre-made BG players as in your original assertion would be token gear scrubs who are fodder to quest gear scrubs. Still don't know where the pre-made part of your assertion comes in and It seems you don't either. :knowing smile: :shrugs: As for me...

I didn't leave off pre-made, you just missed what I was talking about a second time.

Pre-made = made beforehand.

It is a group that is made beforehand and then queues up so that they can enter together. Hence why in my original post I mentioned geared pre-mades vs random players. And why in my second post I had explained what "groups of geared up players" meant since you had misunderstood the first time.

I'm not sure if I should be more amazed that you don't know what a pre-made group is, or if my amazement should be over you having it explained yet still not getting it.

Speak for yourself.  Not me and many others.  I wonder why people try and talk for everyone.  Maybe you don't feel rewarded but I do and I am motivated just fine.  I expect people who rush to 50 do get bored alot quicker than players who just take their time.  Not speaking for them just wondering.

Am glad for you, but I wasn't speaking for you. My post reflected my views of the game. Not once did I say every other player will feel the same way.

I swear, people on this forum will try to argue over anything.

Edited by scau

Posted

I didn't leave off pre-made, you just missed what I was talking about a second time.

Pre-made = made beforehand.

It is a group that is made beforehand and then queues up so that they can enter together. Hence why in my original post I mentioned geared pre-mades vs random players. And why in my second post I had explained what "groups of geared up players" meant since you had misunderstood the first time.

I'm not sure if I should be more amazed that you don't know what a pre-made group is, or if my amazement should be over you having it explained yet still not getting it.

In your original post you didn't say pre-made "group" so nothing to be amazed about there ( other than your lack of proper communication skills ) just pre-mades and in your second post you mentioned groups but then cried salty tears about twink players which again deals with one player not necessarily a "group". So I'm amazed at your not understanding my follow ups. Either way it's been fun rattling your cage and laughing at your failures which :pssst: little secret, is what I've been doing this entire time, a bit slow on the draw aren't you?

Sorry for triggering you Margaret, us mean ole twinks that curb stomped you in WOW are notorious for that, but you know that first hand natch.  ;)  

Posted

Speak for yourself. 

Not me and many others. 

I wonder why people try and talk for everyone. 

Yeh, I wonder why people do that. Especially when they accuse others of doing it and then do it themselves. Why do you presume to speak for these "many others", where is your data to show that there are "many"? :) 

Posted (edited)

In your original post you didn't say pre-made "group" so nothing to be amazed about there ( other than your lack of proper communication skills ) just pre-mades and in your second post you mentioned groups but then cried salty tears about twink players which again deals with one player not necessarily a "group". So I'm amazed at your not understanding my follow ups. Either way it's been fun rattling your cage and laughing at your failures which :pssst: little secret, is what I've been doing this entire time, a bit slow on the draw aren't you?

Sorry for triggering you Margaret, us mean ole twinks that curb stomped you in WOW are notorious for that, but you know that first hand natch.  ;)  

Here's what I said in my original post:

"The only times you'll feel the punishing crushing despair there is if you constantly get put in battlegrounds with a bunch of random players vs geared pre-mades."

Most people who have played a MMO with instanced PvP where you can queue up as a group are going to understand what pre-mades refers to - especially when you're discussing random players vs geared pre-mades.

Now if you don't know that MMO lingo than there is nothing wrong with that. Everybody had to learn. But in those future cases when you don't understand something, try asking what the word means. It will get you further than embarrassing yourself by posting nonsense in an attempt to ridicule others over something you didn't understand.

Additionally, when someone brushes off your hostile ignorance and politely explains what the words you misunderstood actually mean, the correct response is to say something like "Oh, I misunderstood", rather than replying with more hostility in a desperate attempt to avoid having to accept your mistake. That kind of forum etiquette helps make the place a more pleasant, constructive environment. You can carry this kind of etiquette over into the real world as well.

As for the twink players, why I had mentioned them was to discuss something else I had encountered back in WoW, hence why it was a separate paragraph with the first sentence beginning with... "I don't know if it still happens, but back then I there was also a trend..."

This was after my clarification on what the first post was about, moving on from that subject and onto another. I had actually included it at the end of the post as a way for you to have something to reply to so you could recover gracefully from your mistake, but you opted not to take that opportunity.

If you think you've been rattling my cage than I'm sorry to disappoint you, but forum posts aren't enough to bother me. If I were a couple decades younger than you may very well had gotten a rise out of me, but I've had to look after children for enough years that I've built up a fairly high resistance of being annoyed at immature behaviour.

Edited by scau

Posted (edited)

Taking a break from this game for a week or even a month might help. Maybe you're burnt out?

I find this game doesn't have a lot to do sometimes, maybe you need to find a new mmo? Final Fantasy XIV has a lot to do and it has a lot of PVE group play if that's what you're looking for, well in my opinion it does. Research some new games to play I guess.

I got bored of this game for a while too. I took a break for 2-3 weeks I think and now I'm back into it. :) 

Edited by LotusTea

Posted (edited)

I think I'm bored. I want to keep playing BDO but I don't have the drive to do anything anymore. I don't wanna grind, I don't wanna play... I don't want to enhance. I don't know why. All I'm looking forward to now is the awakening. I made a thread about getting bored of my Musa... so I played a Ninja. Now I'm getting bored of my Ninja too. Awakening will probably be fun but I know it'll get boring too. Node war was fun but it isn't anymore. Stalemates suck, 3-hours is way too long, guild rivalries get annoying... and the community is not as fun anymore. Everyone is so competitive.

Anyone else feeling the same or the exact opposite? Just wanna hear everyone's thoughts...

Don't worry bro, me too. I was playing KR version year before NA/EU release. Since always had weeks when played other games like Bioshock Infinite, GTA V, Dying Light, Witcher 1,2,3, World of Tanks etc etc, you ask why? Game must be a LOVE, not a duress or a grind prison. I play for fun and love to games, not be like -----ing Iron Man - bets of the best with eveything the best and -----ed so much brain. I play only solo, been in guild like a 2 weeks but nah - -----ing bored. So didn't try node wars or guild wars - pvx player, when any nup kill my monsters just kill him and farm!

Just try play Tamer - class for new easy to die but so much fun. Play only when you really want, not when your dad order you to play. Also ----- the community, just look at scam at forum - base full of no brain retards more stupid than zombies in The Walking Dead - only spam, ----- and eat (don't forget about make a shit all around include a pee and shit). Problem if you want to be a part of this cummunity so... good luck.

Edited by Lurien
I love chicken.

Posted

Yeh, I wonder why people do that. Especially when they accuse others of doing it and then do it themselves. Why do you presume to speak for these "many others", where is your data to show that there are "many"? :) 

I am going by past posts on different threads from different people.  I am not going to dig them up but if you are wanting proof you certainly can. 

It's like saying that many others on the forums are trolls.