• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

AP vs. Accuracy?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I have a 55 Ranger with ~120 AP. The question is do I lose AP to get Accuracy? For example, Red Coral Earrings and Ring of Good Deeds (PRI+) vs the higher AP jewelry? Also is the Ancient belt/necklace set the best we can do prior to boss/end-game gear?

Thanks!

Posted

If you want to go for extra accuracy you will always lose AP.

This doesn't necessarily mean you are losing damage. Depends on the setup.

Bronze dagger with liverto/kzarka + full AP accessory without having Bheg's gloves is a good choice. But some AP accessories can be expensive for you if you are a new player.

You could farm Mark of Shadows, Witch's earrings yourself easily tho.

Or, Steel dagger with Red coral earrings, ring of good deads, no bheg gloves. + you could use accuracy belt/necklace

Or bheg's gloves + steel dagger and full AP accessories + liverto/kzarka. This is what you aim for end game, unless you want even more accuracy.

If you are short in money and a new player, you could use Krea set too, until you can get a liverto/kzarka.

Additionally please read this.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You can easily get ROGD higher than PRI since they are so so cheap. I'm using IV Ring of Good Deeds. 6AP 5ACC. With the set I get 10 ACC at the loss of 6 AP (compared to duo Mark of Shadows) at a fraction of the cost. They are so cheap that you can even use Cron stones on them to prevent blowing them up.

Might want to consider this if you need more ACC in your build. 

Edited by Wraath

Posted (edited)

57 ranger.   TRI Kzarka TRI liverto TRI steeldag PRI bronze

Still trying for bhegs.

what I have done is switch between the steel and bronze dagger depending on what I am doing.   

In valencia I still switch to my bronze for some mobs. Interestingly at 192ap or 170ap the Valencia mobs die about the same speed between bronze and steel. Why I still use bronze is because I run an extraction gem and  I get more mana regen with bronze.

My suggestion would be pick up a really cheap +13-15 bronze dagger(uno +13 at 7.8m) and put it on the hot bar and switch between as needed.

EDIT: I agree with the above posts.  I have 1 duo ring of good deeds. I actually just bought 20 rogd to try for a TRI for some extra acc in PVP

Eventually you will want full AP accessories that is another reason I suggest the Bronze dagger route.   Really comes down to how you play and want to play in the future.

Edited by GroovySauce

Posted

Thanks for the feedback! BTW how many failstacks do i need for PRI->DUO->TRI for my ROGD, and what should I use to build the failstacks? I'm accustomed to doing it for weapons/armor, but not for accessories.

Posted (edited)

Max Failstack used to get a PRI = 25

Max Failstack used to get a DUO = 35

Max Failstack used to get a TRI = 44

These are the numbers that are used for armor/weapons for PRI/DUO/TRI, and as far as i know are the same for accessories.  Any failstack over these values is wasted failstack as it will no longer give you a + chance to succeed.

Edited by Sizmo

Posted

You can easily get ROGD higher than PRI since they are so so cheap. I'm using IV Ring of Good Deeds. 6AP 5ACC. With the set I get 10 ACC at the loss of 6 AP (compared to duo Mark of Shadows) at a fraction of the cost. They are so cheap that you can even use Cron stones on them to prevent blowing them up.

Might want to consider this if you need more ACC in your build. 

My understanding is, AP is a summation of Attack Power and Accuracy.  Having said that,  in the case of your IV ROGD, it's total AP is 11. 

Posted

Get red coral earrings and bronze dagger unless you have bheg gloves. Even with bheg gloves red coral earrings are superior to witch earrings if you can enchant them couple times or more cause they scale better than witch earrings (2 ap and 1 accuracy per enchant). Accuracy is extremely important cause in this game the chanse to miss on default is really high, and as a ranger when our abilities hit multiple times, like for example shotgun does 14 hits that can all miss we need accuracy more than others. Ofcourse dont forget that your level makes really big difference, its really noticeable when i farm at pirates now at 58 compared to when i was farming there 55 even if i take items off to get to same ap as be4 i do way way way more dmg.

Posted

Is there some recommended balance point of accuracy vs. DP though? For example when do you switch to Steel Dagger? Do we want to "cap" our accuracy at a certain value before we focus on AP? My understanding is people switch to Steel when they get Bheg's, but not before. Also, any reason to not use RoGD and go instead with Ogre ring?

Posted

Is there some recommended balance point of accuracy vs. DP though? For example when do you switch to Steel Dagger? Do we want to "cap" our accuracy at a certain value before we focus on AP? My understanding is people switch to Steel when they get Bheg's, but not before. Also, any reason to not use RoGD and go instead with Ogre ring?

Ogre ring is a neklace and its pretty hard to obtain and is not even worth getting unless u pri it cause tri bares is much cheaper and easier to get. Its something you definetly wanna get but if ur just starting out forget about it completely. Rings just get marks/crescent i wouldnt consider anything else at all. Earrings you have 3 options red coral, witch and whale tooth wich are all good options even among the most geared players, i really think you should get red corals tho and try to enchant them to pri or duo.

And like i havent tested out different accuracy numbers that much and i got bhegs etc, but in nutsheel accuracy is really important stat and more so than in other games usually. Without accuracy if you are fighting ur level players you have really high chanse to miss, even with bhegs you can still get more accuracy if u got smth like duo tri red coral rings or tree spirit belt they are awesome, im pretty sure accuracy dont get capped at any sane level so ur not gonna have too much of it ever. Also the enchantment level on ur enemies gear increases their evasion so lets say i go from tri to tet that itself increases evasion even if its not listed in the items tooltip.