• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ap vs dp worth?

AP   157 votes

1. 1. DP

• 1 AP = 1DP
    • 1 AP = 2DP
    • 1 AP = 3DP
    • 1 AP = 10DP
    • 1 DP = -5AP
    • 1 DP = -10AP

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 posts in this topic

Posted

equivalent exchange makes no sense on jupiter

Posted (edited)

I've heard it's not quite 1:2, more like somewhere in the range of 1:1.5-1:2.  

Anyways I voted 1:2 since that's closest.

Edited by Anemone
2 people like this

Posted

AP > all

Posted

1 ap is like 10 dp and I'm pre sure too

1 person likes this

Posted

I wish it was 2DP per 1AP, but base on experience, its like after 100 DP = 100AP it becomes 110 DP = 101 AP then the gap gets bigger. 

Someone who has 300DP will always get destroyed by someone with someone who has 140+ AP.

Posted

all i know is i have 200 AP on my ranger and feel like i do no damage to the people in Red Battle Field. 

1 person likes this

Posted

all i know is i have 200 AP on my ranger and feel like i do no damage to the people in Red Battle Field. 

what are you using for accuracy? power doesn't get you anywhere if your hits don't land. 

Posted

isnt red battlefield equalized past certain ap threshold?

Posted (edited)

Doesn't matter what we think it is, what we do know is 150+ ap obliterates 300+ DP quite quickly assuming there's enough accuracy to land as well.  DP scaling is very bad and most should stop going for more of it and focus on AP.  Having 400 DP won't accomplish anything when your enemy has 200 AP or more.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

Doesn't matter what we think it is, what we do know is 150+ ap obliterates 300+ DP quite quickly assuming there's enough accuracy to land as well.  DP scaling is very bad and most should stop going for more of it and focus on AP.  Having 400 DP won't accomplish anything when your enemy has 200 AP or more.

um wat

1 person likes this

Posted

Someone who has 300DP will always get destroyed by someone with someone who has 140+ AP.

lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Why is this a poll as if stats are an opinion?

Posted

um wat

Where's the problem?

It's common knowledge DP scaling is very bad, this is why 200 AP can destroy 400 DP quickly.

Posted

Where's the problem?
It's common knowledge DP scaling is very bad, this is why 200 AP can destroy 400 DP quickly.

the problem is that you people  spam too much bullshit on the forums 

offense  = AP and accuracy

defense = defense, evasion (both of which are DP), damage reduction 

accuracy = invisible 

evasion and defense = BOTH VISIBLE UNDER THE NAME OF "DP"  (plus probably invisible values all over the place)

you get the "illusion" that AP is better because accuracy is invisible and evasion is not (and is combined with defense in the same stat) 

200 AP vs 200 pure defense + dmg reduction + face hits and you'll see that AP doesn't really do that much

person with 180 ap can destroy you  and at the same time another person with 200 ap can be weak as hell

things that matter way more than randoms think are dmg reduction, accuracy of attacker vs evasion of defender, back,down,critical,air attacks which are a huge boost

1 person likes this

Posted

B.S.

Posted

I wish it was 2DP per 1AP, but base on experience, its like after 100 DP = 100AP it becomes 110 DP = 101 AP then the gap gets bigger. 

never. i have 144 AP and cant destroy the warrior who has 280 DP. even if he is afk. and i make complete combos. 1 rotation cant kill the guy.

Posted (edited)

B.S.

Is it?  Not like you can prove otherwise.

the problem is that you people  spam too much bullshit on the forums 

offense  = AP and accuracy

defense = defense, evasion (both of which are DP), damage reduction 

accuracy = invisible 

evasion and defense = BOTH VISIBLE UNDER THE NAME OF "DP"  (plus probably invisible values all over the place)

you get the "illusion" that AP is better because accuracy is invisible and evasion is not (and is combined with defense in the same stat) 

200 AP vs 200 pure defense + dmg reduction + face hits and you'll see that AP doesn't really do that much

person with 180 ap can destroy you  and at the same time another person with 200 ap can be weak as hell

things that matter way more than randoms think are dmg reduction, accuracy of attacker vs evasion of defender, back,down,critical,air attacks which are a huge boost

Everybody knows the hidden bonuses that you speak of, they aren't mysterious.  Evasion is nerfed and is practically useless.  However you need a bit more accuracy if they are stacking this stat for whatever reason.  With 200 AP and most people also have the accuracy to boot(Gems, accuracy offhand, accuracy from kzarka and liverto, bheg gloves, accuracy on skills, etc.), 400 DP still isn't going to last very long, accuracy isn't very hard to stack either.  DP scaling is broken when you account for that like I was.

Only bullshit I see is suggesting DP scaling is fine which is coming from you.  Of course if you don't have the accuracy, you aren't going to win against 200 DP, 300 DP or 400 DP; especially if they outlevel you.  However majority of people do indeed have accuracy as well as levels give or take.  The accuracy isn't going to be a problem for most.

Edited by JerryBoyle
1 person likes this

Posted

every AP / DP after 100  ... is a ratio of almost 3 at the upper ends.   IE: 175 AP = 350 dp

Posted

Evasion is nerfed and is practically useless. 

Yea , then you dont need muskan shoes, right?

I was testing damage against dude with duo muskan and pretty much, with stacking accuracy, i was missing almost 50% of my hits.

Warrior with muskan shoes and vangertz will be hard to hit without bhegs.

Posted

I can, because with 240dp, against 150ap players I am an invincible god. 

As a -----ing maehwa.

But please, continue spreading BS.

2 people like this

Posted

Everybody knows the hidden bonuses that you speak of, they aren't mysterious.  Evasion is nerfed and is practically useless.  However you need a bit more accuracy if they are stacking this stat for whatever reason.  With 200 AP and most people also have the accuracy to boot(Gems, accuracy offhand, accuracy from kzarka and liverto, bheg gloves, accuracy on skills, etc.), 400 DP still isn't going to last very long, accuracy isn't very hard to stack either.  DP scaling is broken when you account for that like I was.
Only bullshit I see is suggesting DP scaling is fine which is coming from you.  Of course if you don't have the accuracy, you aren't going to win against 200 DP, 300 DP or 400 DP; especially if they outlevel you.  However majority of people do indeed have accuracy as well as levels give or take.  The accuracy isn't going to be a problem for most.

you're a clown

Posted (edited)

I can, because with 240dp, against 150ap players I am an invincible god. 

As a -----ing maehwa.

But please, continue spreading BS.

That doesn't prove anything if all you are going by is his AP.  Do you know his accuracy?  Since you didn't state that, it's unlikely you know that.  150 ap isn't 200 AP which is the preferred context as well as 300+ DP or did we forget what I was talking about?  That's where the scaling going downward starts being noticeable.  It's like a softcap and if there actually is a softcap, posting below that won't show anything.  Given how many softcaps there are, it's pretty easy to see there being one here as well.  Keep stacking that DP though, you'll see it being pointless after awakenings lol  Everybody has high AP at that point.

@Chors

Nerfed does mean nonexistent but I did say it's pointless to stack it.  It's not as good as it was before the nerf is what that means.  It's still there but not as good as it was.  Stacking more accuracy is still needed though for the counter; likely more than what you had since you were still missing.  Believe you used to need even more accuracy to counter it as well since that's when it was a bit oped.  Then it got nerfed so you need less accuracy to hit it now and it evades less.  I still view it as pointless though since you'll still get hit with high evasion if they have high or higher accuracy than normal, that's my opinion though

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

That doesn't prove anything if all you are going by is his AP.  Do you know his accuracy?  Since you didn't state that, it's unlikely you know that.  150 ap isn't 200 AP which is the preferred context as well as 300+ DP or did we forget what I was talking about?  That's where the scaling going downward starts being noticeable.  It's like a softcap and if there actually is a softcap, posting below that won't show anything.  Given how many softcaps there are, it's pretty easy to see there being one here as well. 

Did you?

Doesn't matter what we think it is, what we do know is 150+ ap obliterates 300+ DP quite quickly

But keep on moving the goalposts so you can feel like you're right. The people had accuracy offhands, bheg's gloves, or plenty of accuracy from jewelry. Their hits landed fine. They just did no damage. Because you're wrong. 

Posted (edited)

Did you?

But keep on moving the goalposts so you can feel like you're right. The people had accuracy offhands, bheg's gloves, or plenty of accuracy from jewelry. Their hits landed fine. They just did no damage. Because you're wrong. 

Yes you can find one post that says 150 AP.  You can also find others with 200 AP.  Little relevance there, as for his accuracy that sounds like a guess.  

"The people had accuracy offhands, bheg's gloves, or plenty of accuracy from jewelry.".  The 'or' is very important, sounds like you have no idea where their accuracy came from if they even had accuracy to match the levels which you voided altogether.  The story sounds like bullshit or made up just to prove your point here.  Keep stacking DP though, you'll see it working fine when awakenings are out and we have 200-250 AP players shredding through it like KR.  That's the evidence showcasing DP scaling poorly at the high end.  But of course all those videos are wrong because you two people have to be right and be justified in having high DP. 

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted (edited)

Yes you can find one post that says 150 AP.  You can also find others with 200 AP.  Little relevance there, as for his accuracy that sounds like a guess.  
"The people had accuracy offhands, bheg's gloves, or plenty of accuracy from jewelry.".  The 'or' is very important, sounds like you have no idea where their accuracy came from if they even had accuracy to match the levels which you voided altogether.  The story sounds like bullshit or made up just to prove your point here.  Keep stacking DP though, you'll see it working fine when awakenings are out and we have 200-250 AP players shredding through it like KR.  That's the evidence showcasing DP scaling poorly at the high end.  But of course all those videos are wrong because you two people have to be right and be justified in having high DP. 

The "or" is because I've tested this against many, many people. I didn't write down a detailed list of people's stats that I've dueled so I could rebuke someone using extreme hyperbole on the forums at a later date, but it's not real hard to discuss gear with someone you've dueled standing around at world bosses... mostly because they were wondering why they did no damage to me.

Never said DP was going to be useful with awakenings (which scales off both awakened weapon AP and non-awakened weapon AP, skewing the results for the simple-minded who don't understand that, like you champ), nor did I say it was a good stat to stack. I pointed out you greatly exaggerating or outright lying, which is bad and should not be done. "I said that, but I said some other stuff too, even though you quoted the post where I said 150ap obliterates 300dp and said BS and that's what you've been arguing this whole time, I'm going to now change that to 200ap, because I'm a nincompoop and going to argue this with the steadfast determination of a moron running into a wall" is all you're saying at this point. I pointed out where you were wrong and how I know you're wrong, and your response is to bring up something completely unrelated and act like you're correct because of it.

You can pound sand now, because you don't have any idea what you're talking about as far as stats or even knowing the contents of your own damn posts. Good day, dingus.

Edited by Scalesdini

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0