• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings should come before legion!

116 posts in this topic

Posted

I believe this is really crucial because I for one would go and check Legion out if awakenings aren't around before the end of the month but if they are available, I dont think I would wanna take that much of a time away from Bdo to check out Legion in a decent way.

1 person likes this

Posted

what the hell.. i played wow for 10 years but after BDO i feel I will vomit if i play wow again (preordered legion in november but I won't instal it)

bdo2good

11 people like this

Posted

I believe this is really crucial because I for one would go and check Legion out if awakenings aren't around before the end of the month but if they are available, I dont think I would wanna take that much of a time away from Bdo to check out Legion in a decent way.

In an industry littered with a variety of games and gaming platforms how is this relevant to anything?

Posted

I agree, they will lose a lot of players to legion if there isn't an incentive to stay. It's just the way the market is now. Having awakenings come out around legion would be a huge thing to keep people interested....for a little

2 people like this

Posted

"Feel the rage of ten thousand RNG!"

Posted

Any player that is going to consider playing WoW isn't a player I want here anyways. Plus I don't have a time machine to go back far enough that wow would be a fun game

3 people like this

Posted

Any player that is going to consider playing WoW isn't a player I want here anyways. Plus I don't have a time machine to go back far enough that wow would be a fun game

rofl 

I agree, they will lose a lot of players to legion if there isn't an incentive to stay. It's just the way the market is now. Having awakenings come out around legion would be a huge thing to keep people interested....for a little

exactly my point..

Posted

Oh? I thought Legion was out? I don't play wow, just from glancing at headlines.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In an industry littered with a variety of games and gaming platforms how is this relevant to anything?

Forums are mostly a place to discuss, criticize,share info and if possible produce ideas  to help the game and its community is it not? so it was just an idea to protect and preserve our gaming community; is that so hard to understand?

Edited by Crixis

Posted

Forums are mostly a place to discuss, criticize,share info and if possible produce ideas  to help the game and its community is it not? so it was just an idea to protect and preserve our gaming community; is that so hard to understand?

"protect and preserve our gaming community"???

Mkay. I do like your avatar though.

Posted

"protect and preserve our gaming community"???

Mkay. I do like your avatar though.

ok you didn't like my post and you could have ignored it but no you had to say something insulting.. so let me ask you Mr horse breeder please enlighten us, what is your purpose on the forums? mocking people? having fun? or maybe you are here because you don't have anything better to do? because you definitely are not here for something productive..

Posted

Isn't legion going to be the next overhyped thing around, like with what was that game, the one thats been out for like 6 years but people think its brand new, can't remember the name it was so bad.

Posted

ok you didn't like my post and you could have ignored it but no you had to say something insulting.. so let me ask you Mr horse breeder please enlighten us, what is your purpose on the forums? mocking people? having fun? or maybe you are here because you don't have anything better to do? because you definitely are not here for something productive..

These boards contradict themselves regularly. You've no sooner posted your thread when another individual has posted their "warning" that the awakenings update "will be the last exciting update in the game". All of these dire predictions and game advice are quite frankly bizarre. You're actually *supposed* to go check out Legion.

Posted

These boards contradict themselves regularly. You've no sooner posted your thread when another individual has posted their "warning" that the awakenings update "will be the last exciting update in the game". All of these dire predictions and game advice are quite frankly bizarre. You're actually *supposed* to go check out Legion.

sure that is a great idea an thank you but why didn't you say that in the first place? I think you should go think about that while I go check Legion because I am kinda fed up with this toxicity..

Posted

sure that is a great idea an thank you but why didn't you say that in the first place? I think you should go think about that while I go check Legion because I am kinda fed up with this toxicity..

There was nothing "toxic" intended. I was under the assumption that people realized that to the greater degree (for the overall health of this industry) that various releases are timed so as to maximize potential player attendance and potential profitability for each game. One doesn't schedule Bruce Springsteen and the Rolling Stones for the same night in the same town. I'm aware that you're aware of this but BDO (hopefully) won't try to rush Awakenings in an attempt to preemptively grab a few dollars before Legion arrives when they've expressed that they are trying to maximize their release year.

You've got the right idea; it just seems reversed of what might potentially be better overall for BOTH games and the genre. This way the players benefit from a wider scope of diversity in the waxing and waning of procuring player interest.

So relax, go play Legion when it comes out. The lights will still be on at BDO. When Legion wanes refresh familiarity with BDO for Awakenings (or the game of your choosing of course).

Its a win win for diversity in the genre and the customers therein. No one needs to be incentivized to continually play only one game. That, I believe, simply doesn't happen amongst the gaming population for this industry. Instead, one staggers releases in a way that is healthy because players move around.

And yes; I actually do like your avatar.

Posted

There was nothing "toxic" intended. I was under the assumption that people realized that to the greater degree (for the overall health of this industry) that various releases are timed so as to maximize potential player attendance and potential profitability for each game. One doesn't schedule Bruce Springsteen and the Rolling Stones for the same night in the same town. I'm aware that you're aware of this but BDO (hopefully) won't try to rush Awakenings in an attempt to preemptively grab a few dollars before Legion arrives when they've expressed that they are trying to maximize their release year.

You've got the right idea; it just seems reversed of what might potentially be better overall for BOTH games and the genre. This way the players benefit from a wider scope of diversity in the waxing and waning of procuring player interest.

So relax, go play Legion when it comes out. The lights will still be on at BDO. When Legion wanes refresh familiarity with BDO for Awakenings (or the game of your choosing of course).

Its a win win for diversity in the genre and the customers therein. No one needs to be incentivized to continually play only one game. That, I believe, simply doesn't happen amongst the gaming population for this industry. Instead, one staggers releases in a way that is healthy because players move around.

And yes; I actually do like your avatar.

Thank you for a great input, it is easy to get offended in these forums after millions of insults, my bad m8..

Posted

Already dead game... when in game it feels only thing that matters is how to buy costume. Nothing else...

Posted

I think that they are waiting to release awakenings and Valencia II til after Gamescom since it will be easier to show off the game that exist and what is coming. If they already had released awakenings and Valencia II before Gamescom it would be harder to show a promising future for the game if they can´t top what already exist.

Posted

have you seen wow's graphics..? 

Posted

I think the most amazing thing to me about Legion is people actually have interest in playing it.

I wouldn't play that game for anything less than $20/hr *pay*... I'd much rather just be at my job.

Posted

I think the most amazing thing to me about Legion is people actually have interest in playing it.

I wouldn't play that game for anything less than $20/hr *pay*... I'd much rather just be at my job.

After BDO everything looks better...

Posted (edited)

While I agree somewhat, here are two rebuttals.

1) WoW expansions do leach people from other MMOs, but sub numbers for WoW decline usually a few months after the expansion. People buy it, play it and once the normal WoW max level stuff starts (essentially LFR, Dungeons, Gear Grind), people kind of taper off. At least in the 5 WoW guilds I have been in since release it happens every expansion.

2) BDO isnt a sub game, so while it may lose players. Nothing is preventing those people from still doing afk things in game to progress their characters. Also it would be hard to measure how much impact Legion has on BDO because the only thing we can really go off of is what we see on a given day in game. And we know how unreliable the "the game is dead" comments are at times. Maybe on certain servers, but not game wide.

3) BDO is a little bit of a different type of game than WoW. The people I play with in BDO haven't or wont touch WoW, its just not their style.

Now if this was Wildstar, FFXIV or some other Themepark game with heavy PvE, then I would say BDO would be in trouble.

Edited by Ravare
1 person likes this

Posted

After BDO everything looks better...

To you maybe.

Game wise BDO scratches every itch I have when it comes to the genre, my issues are more with management.

BDO has more or less ruined *every* other mmo for me and my fiance... she's even tried to get into something else and nothing grabs her.

1 person likes this

Posted

Seems like we got 4ish people who still fall into the WoW hype trap.

Buy that expansion, play for a week, quit til next expansion, buy that expansion, play for a week... ad nauseum

2 people like this

Posted

Seems like we got 4ish people who still fall into the WoW hype trap.

Buy that expansion, play for a week, quit til next expansion, buy that expansion, play for a week... ad nauseum

Even I resubbed for the Pre-Legion event.

Ran the scenario, did maybe 3 invasions then I had that old WoW max level "what now?" feeling. Was just sitting in Stormwind AFK. Then I realized, might as well afk in BDO and get something done at the same time.

2 people like this