• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakenings should come before legion!

116 posts in this topic

Posted

Better late than never :)

P.S: forum isnt the real community. Real community is playing the game.

wow m8 you have a really low self-esteem..

Posted

what the hell.. i played wow for 10 years but after BDO i feel I will vomit if i play wow again (preordered legion in november but I won't instal it)

bdo2good

Will be hard going back to tab targeted combat with all spells hotkeys rather than the smooth combo oriented combat in BDO, imo.

Posted

Legion event has already started, if you preorder you can play Demon Hunter now. I do think that when Legion drops there will be a drop in population in most mmo's not just BDO.

Posted

I don't have legion pre ordered, but the more I see about the more I want to play it. Quite honestly if awakenings are not out by the time legion is out, I will probably head back to wow. I may come back to check out awakenings, or not come back at all, I've done this in the past, only to find myself playing wow all over again. lol

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't have legion pre ordered, but the more I see about the more I want to play it. Quite honestly if awakenings are not out by the time legion is out, I will probably head back to wow. I may come back to check out awakenings, or not come back at all, I've done this in the past, only to find myself playing wow all over again. lol

But seriously ask yourself...

Is awakenings really the "make or break you" part of the equation?

Is a new weapon to upgrade to have a handful of new skills to go right back to mindlessly AoE grinding *really* going to change your entire perspective on the game and keep you here and nullify that interest in legion?

I'm not really convinced that a feature like that will really retain a lot of players that are going to hop to legion... Most people interested in it are hopping regardless and can always come back to BDO once they get bored with it.

Posted

Is a new weapon to upgrade to have a handful of new skills to go right back to mindlessly AoE grinding *really* going to change your entire perspective on the game and keep you here and nullify that interest in legion?

I'm not really convinced that a feature like that will really retain a lot of players that are going to hop to legion... Most people interested in it are hopping regardless and can always come back to BDO once they get bored with it.

For a lot of people, the awakened classes were why we chose our mains back in march. Yes, for those of us who chose classes like that, it will change the game pretty fundamentally.

Posted

I'm a lv 58 warrior currently sitting at 87% so almost 59, I think this should tell you why awakening makes or breaks my experience. I'm not going to re-roll I love my warrior, I put in so much effort sitting at 436gs. But seeing a 55 ranger with half 300gs farm faster than me is really killing my experience, at first they said awakenings would come in June so I thought to myself that is not far away.

I knew warrior was a gimp class since I started playing, though it wasn't quite noticeable before mediah and the CC patch, but I though I could live with it for 3 months, but I'm here waiting 6 months later, watching my class get progressively worst, as they buff and "balance" other classes while the buffs we were supposed to get months ago, never even made it into the game. The warrior awakening fixes everything wrong with the class which is why it was the first awakening to release in Korea and since then warrior has been one of the top 3 classes in the game. But yeah waiting for it, and having to grind twice as long as other classes to stay on top is killing me. 

Posted

3 different people in this thread commented on WoW having shit graphics yet in the "grass is greener" thread people are saying they're switching to Albion Online... The game that looks like Runescape 3 and Torchlight had a one night stand, Torchlight got pregnant so they tried to go for an abortion but it failed and thus Runescape is stuck paying child support.

Jokes aside, Legion like all WoW expansions will have a huge influx of players. As someone who's played the game for 7 years I'm pretty pissed Awakenings will come at the same time and although players on these forums will pass WoW off as a bad game... It *will* take more players away from BDO than Awakenings will take from WoW. BDO is doing very well for itself but at the end of the day WoW has been around for over a decade, it's nearly impossible for it to achieve the 13m active subs it had during Wrath back in '08 but it will remain a dominant competitor in the western market for years to come.

Plus, Blizzard own Diablo, Overwatch and Hearthstone... Combined they have more money and a larger player base than BDO could even dream of - even if Hearthstone and Overwatch are beyond terrible games.

Posted

I've no illusions that it will change your general experience / ability to grind.

But if you're already at the point that you're flirting with other games because of the gameplay you're kind of fooling yourself to think awakenings are going to fix this.

It will be that shiny new thing that makes you go "OOO SWEET" for a week and then you're going to realize you're really just doing the same thing you always have.

Does it change your experience? Sure.

Does it add anything to the overall experience? Not really.

You're doing just about nothing but AoE grinding now, you're going to do the exact same thing once those weapons come. Sure you're going to grind faster... but that's all it's really going to do... is give you more grind.

I'm still not sold that if you're getting tired of the grind that grinding with a few more skills is going to make you stay.

Posted

I've no illusions that it will change your general experience / ability to grind.
But if you're already at the point that you're flirting with other games because of the gameplay you're kind of fooling yourself to think awakenings are going to fix this.

It will be that shiny new thing that makes you go "OOO SWEET" for a week and then you're going to realize you're really just doing the same thing you always have.

You're doing just about nothing but AoE grinding now, you're going to do the exact same thing once those weapons come. Sure you're going to grind faster... but that's all it's really going to do... is give you more grind.

I'm still not sold that if you're getting tired of the grind that grinding with a few more skills is going to make you stay.

Everyone is so focused on the grind in this game.  What about the pvp after awakening comes?  Awakening will allow you to grind faster to pvp on a high level.  

Posted

Everyone is so focused on the grind in this game.  What about the pvp after awakening comes?  Awakening will allow you to grind faster to pvp on a high level.  

Everyone is so focused on grind because it's what you do 95% of the time and it's the only way to progress.

Posted

Only game I have in my foresight is BF1(which open beta starts Aug 31st), but I see no reason I can't play both.

Posted

Everyone is so focused on grind because it's what you do 95% of the time and it's the only way to progress.

?  Really, pretty sure when I get home from work I do node wars for for 3 hours, then GvG.  I might grind on the weekends when more time.  But during the week its 100% pvp most times.

Posted (edited)

?  Really, pretty sure when I get home from work I do node wars for for 3 hours, then GvG.  I might grind on the weekends when more time.  But during the week its 100% pvp most times.

So you just magically got your level and gear and didn't have to put in a significant amount more time into grinding to be able to PvP during the week?

You're level 59 with some 300ish unspent skill points to flesh out your awakening?

Edited by bakimono

Posted

This assumes a few things...
1. There is hardcore and casual and nothing else... and people don't fall into binary categories like that.
2. The measure of "hardcore" is explicitly raiding and no other metric used.
3. Casual players are casual because they are playing multiple games at the same time and not because of time constraints.

When I played WoW I was more than *capable* of running raids... I just never did. For one they didn't really appeal to me, for two they usually required more time in a single sitting than I ever had, especially in terms of having that time consistently.

You're all bent out of shape on some point about casual gamers when my actual point was paying a sub for WoW to spend most of your time in BDO anyways doesn'
t seem all that likely.

I personally can't stand battlegrounds and they are the lamest weak sauce cop-out for encouraging PvP in a game.
I'm fine with them being in the game, but they need to move rewards from participation to performance and having win be a slight modifier... like x points per kill, y points for assists and a win modifier of 1.25 and those points used to determine overall reward whatever it is...

This is not commentary on how RBF is rewarded because I wouldn't know... Battlegrounds really don't fit the spirit of this game IMO and I have never even bothered to look into how they work.

Ofcourse thats why I put a disclaimer on what a casual is.  I'm not bent out of shape either but before you dismissed it as me pulling info out of my ass I wanted to show you why I made that statement.

Posted

Ofcourse thats why I put a disclaimer on what a casual is.  I'm not bent out of shape either but before you dismissed it as me pulling info out of my ass I wanted to show you why I made that statement.

You were still drawing conclusions based on a false premise that wasn't really what I was talking about.

I'm not quite sure why you didn't understand that was a much longer dismissal of the info you provided and much more in depth about how you were pulling it out of your ass ;)

Posted

You were still drawing conclusions based on a false premise that wasn't really what I was talking about.
I'm not quite sure why you didn't understand that was a much longer dismissal of the info you provided and much more in depth about how you were pulling it out of your ass ;)

I guess to each their own.  Since casual has no static definition, I still stand by my assertion.  You can have fun trolling away though

Posted

So you just magically got your level and gear and didn't have to put in a significant amount more time into grinding to be able to PvP during the week?
You're level 59 with some 300ish unspent skill points to flesh out your awakening?

58, 185ap/240dp, 2/4 boss armor.  And since I solo most of the time yes I actually have quite a bit of SP.

By the way 59 is not the norm.  Majority of the player base is 56-57.  So I consider myself ahead of the curve considering every channel I am in top 30 growth.

I dont need to be 59-60 to be successful nor do I need 200 AP to feel relevant. 

See thats your problem you impose unrealistic goals on yourself.  Then feel like you have to do it.

56 to 57 takes maybe 30 hours, actually less than that with the 50% event and book of combat.  57-58 takes sig longer than 56-57..... im only 3 % into 58 I dont plan on going to 59 or grinding for it.  Ill get there when I get there.

Posted

I guess to each their own.  Since casual has no static definition, I still stand by my assertion.  You can have fun trolling away though

So because I disagree with you I am trolling. Copy that. I guess the reasoning I laid out as to why your reasoning was flawed was just more trolling; you stand by an assertion that wasn't even what I was talking about in the first place.

58, 185ap/240dp, 2/4 boss armor.  And since I solo most of the time yes I actually have quite a bit of SP.
By the way 59 is not the norm.  Majority of the player base is 56-57.  So I consider myself ahead of the curve considering every channel I am in top 30 growth.

I dont need to be 59-60 to be successful nor do I need 200 AP to feel relevant. 

See thats your problem you impose unrealistic goals on yourself.  Then feel like you have to do it.

56 to 57 takes maybe 30 hours, actually less than that with the 50% event and book of combat.  57-58 takes sig longer than 56-57..... im only 3 % into 58 I dont plan on going to 59 or grinding for it.  Ill get there when I get there.

You totally confused what I was saying here, and think I am commenting on my own goals or what's standard for the community.

You still have spent a whole lot more time grinding than you have PvPing and that was my point really.

Posted (edited)

Actually they didn't say that.
They said once the awakenings are all out they will roll them out and wont be waiting on witch and wizard since there is no eta.

How about you do some research.

How you about you not be a hypocrite and link what your preaching

They never said they would wait for witch/wiz but roll out all others.  Either link it or it didnt happen.

Edited by Tez

Posted

what about you? aren't you tired of those grinds? are you ok with just grinding with awakening or not? 

Posted

have you seen wow's graphics..? 

Lel good graphic don't equal good game xD 

Posted

what about you? aren't you tired of those grinds? are you ok with just grinding with awakening or not? 

I actually quite enjoy the grind, I find it relaxing.

But I'm also not "on the fence" and nobody would pay me enough money to even play legion to begin with.

Awakenings are nice and I look forward to getting them, but they don't make or break the game for me in the least.

Posted

I actually quite enjoy the grind, I find it relaxing.
But I'm also not "on the fence" and nobody would pay me enough money to even play legion to begin with.

Awakenings are nice and I look forward to getting them, but they don't make or break the game for me in the least.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying grinding but wouldn't you enjoy a depth to this beautiful game to keep us here more and more like wow; you like it or not they always find a way to keep you there or bring you back but at the same time BDO, I could easily say that best game mechanic and enviroment I have ever seen in any game, lacks a lot in end game. I would love it if they had a World vs World map to fight between servers in a game this good(best combat and animations in any game period) like GW2's WvW, just my 2 cents...

Posted

So because I disagree with you I am trolling. Copy that. I guess the reasoning I laid out as to why your reasoning was flawed was just more trolling; you stand by an assertion that wasn't even what I was talking about in the first place.

You totally confused what I was saying here, and think I am commenting on my own goals or what's standard for the community.
You still have spent a whole lot more time grinding than you have PvPing and that was my point really.

No I haven't and thats my point.  On average I spend 20-25 hours Fri -Sun Grinding.  That right there alone is enough to get to 57 from 56 in one weekend.

During the week I spend at least 30 hours pvping.  About 4 hours a night including friday and saturday seige.

If all you do is grind 40+ hours a week and aren't at least 58 you are doing it wrong.

How you about you not be a hypocrite and link what your preaching

They never said they would wait for witch/wiz but roll out all others.  Either link it or it didnt happen.

Yes they did!  Look up the QA youtube videos, its even here in the forums it is not on me to provide evidence for your false claims.  Take responsibility for the bs you spew.  Where are your links saying they are going to wait for them?  Thats right you dont have any.