• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Real Berserker's Guide.

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

TL:DR At the bottom for the lazy's who don't want to read.

WARNING:If you're new and expecting me to tell you what gear/accessories to use then prepare to be triggered and/or disappointed. Also, this is a sort of 'friendly-suggestions' rather than a guide.  So, don't sue me for false advertising. 

If you're either;
A) Starting this game as a berserker
(or)
B) Making an alt Berserker you plan to use later

PLEASE. Do not go to that dude's 'Surrender' guide, thinking it'll get you set and that it'll groom you to be the most savage giant in all the land. Giving credit to where credit is due; Yes, it's quite informational and gives you the necessary citations on how to be a try-hard, but just because you follow the steps of a try-hard doesn't make you good. Not at all.

One thing that's very important. LEARN THE BASICS AND KNOW HOW TO PVE PROPERLY.

PvE is what you will be doing 98.99% of your play-time. It will be how you get your levels, your skill points and perhaps even your main source of income. So, let that be practice for you! Don't allow yourself to sit there and auto attack, spam stomp and just passively wait for the cool down of Raging thunder to go away. See how long you can go without using it, even. Switch up your rotation once in a while, not only will it make PvE less boring and predictable, but it'll help you learn how to be less predictable in PvP as well.

A few more tips;

1) Stay mobile by dodging, re-positioning behind groups and just hopping around frequently so you can subconsciously know how much stamina you have. Doing this will give you an idea of how mobile you can /attempt/ to be in PvP and the limitations of your dodges EVEN as your stamina increases.

2) Know what attack-skill animations can be canceled by dodging, or with your default side swipe attacks (or even an ultimate skill). Some of our skill animations are bulky as one would expect, but don't ride out that animation. Try and see what dodge or other movement skill can negate said attack animation.

3) Know what attack-skills can be used AFTER a dodge! Since we can only dodge two ways, it's good to know what skill you can use right after your evade to get your right back into fight mode, or even lengthen the area of which you move. (Like headbutt and the knee-kick combo)

4) Know the range of your skills. We're loaded down with CC stiffness and some of which are not on cooldown. Our grabs also have a SMALL bit of 'range' so knowing how far you can and can't grab, get somebody with a stomp, or hit with our other CC (Like our shout and whatnot) is good common knowledge to have.

5) Be prepared to desync. Unfortunately, BDO is on some riced out servers and desync will ALWAYS be a problem for us. Desync can even mess with our grabs in PvE. But, do not let that keep you from using grabs. If anything, just be prepared for a grab to not work. When in PvP (or PvE) try (or be prepared) for some evading after you initiated the grab command JUST in case the server decides that the thing you're reaching for is suddenly not within reach. This'll keep you from just standing there open when the grab doesn't connect

(Of course there are a few helpful youtube videos that can guide you as well but im waaaay too lazy to post any.)

I don't have to tell you that you don't have to listen to me, but I'm going to infer it anyway. I'm not the best berserker in the world, but I've religiously played and burned myself out on it so many times over the months. 

I'm ready for the few toxic veterans/trolls to come by and slap my thread with some salt, but hopefully this helps at least one person.

TL;DR

I'm tired of seeing all these trash zerkers in PvE and PvP thinking they're in their own anime and are the best at what they do. Learn the basics and don't let these narcissistic players with a gear score higher than their IQ tell you how to play the class.

All good things come with practice so just do that and you'll be fine. 

True zerking comes from the heart, not the grabs. (#Rohunt2016)

Edited by Rohunt
Somebody got mad.
1 person likes this

Posted

I like the idea of this thread, but would like to flesh it out more with what skills to ani cancel. Situational rotations etc

Posted (edited)

I like the idea of this thread, but would like to flesh it out more with what skills to ani cancel. Situational rotations etc

It's so simple yet complex. U stomp, a lot,  pve and pvp. 

My pve combo is: 

To get behind mob fd-evasion or forward auto attack into left into evasion depending on weather u start with auto attacks or not. 

To damage them fd-fs-stomp. Always stomp. 

If they are close fd-bws-stomp. 

Spin always if off cool down and after fd buff is up.

some ppl argue that dps is lower but I say that getting wp back of it is worth more and also that it's more dps than some people calculate, more than 20something hits. 

On mob that I need it headbutt for accuracy hb-fs third-evasion combo is the biggest and awesome cancel but it's not reliable Imo. Just doing hb-stomp works well enough. 

Hb-stomp into auto attack for wp into left evasion hb-stomp hf-fs-stomp spin should kill most packs. If u are left with fatties after spin either go the gear route and consider a more efficiently spot or do fd-bws-stomp. I don't use bws a lot because the age isn't huge, but it is arguably our best single target dps. 

Gvg it's fd-bws-stomp,  fd-fs-stomp depending on range and kind of enemy. 

Never just stomp around, do auto-stomp.

Evasion-stomp-knee is obvious but very situational in gvg. 

Lava piercer-evasion-stomp-grab gut combo. 

Pff there is more but I think if u use what I mentioned ur pretty well off. 

There is different styles, if u want to se.combo heavy try jamrock on twitch but master the above before u try stuff like, and now I'm Sry if I mess up the skill names,  frontal block into throwing on the ground skill that does a two second stun on hit,  it takes maxed sp to justify using it but it is a shit load of fun to do. 

Un can chain the frontal block skill if u keep shift pressed for as long as u care and it's a feature so don't rely on it.  I'm not sure if I should even talk about that here and I couldn't test how well it is yet. 

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted (edited)

Best guide EVVVVAAA! :P

what gear should i get?

Edited by Mad Dog

Posted

Guides are just that, "guides", they are not rules. I think Surrender's "guide" is amazingly good and can definitely help anyone be a very competent Berserker. I would recommend anyone to go check it out, specially newcomers.

Posted (edited)

Best guide EVVVVAAA! :P

what gear should i get?

You're killing me here, fam. (but thanks. <3)

Guides are just that, "guides", they are not rules. I think Surrender's "guide" is amazingly good and can definitely help anyone be a very competent Berserker. I would recommend anyone to go check it out, specially newcomers.

I never implied they were rules, but how the guide goes, it seems to emphasize more on maxing gear ones gear then PLAYING the class. There is only one video I see about advanced combos, but nothing that tells you about the basics 

Also, let's say somebody is actually coming onto the game for the first time picking a berserker. They have little to no clue what they're doing so they click the guide and of course the first thing they're going to be greeted with is some chap going on about his credentials and then the title "EQUIPMENT" under it.

Seriously, look.

8e1a863f95195c09bc8f31cc00c1befe.png 

No explanation on the class Pro's and Cons, nor what it can or can't do. First thing you're slapped with is EQUIPMENT.

Then as newcomer scrolls down, she's/he's confronted with pre-made gear choices, accessories choices and given a skill tree which with specifics skills and not elaborating on why the others are not picked. Sure, this is a good 'guide' for those who want to go hard or go home, but I would personally not recommend this to new-comers considering as there is little to no basic information.

One video about advanced combos while the rest is some just "showing off".

Actual edit: After going through and reading the Google Doc; It was an attempt on showing the commands but, it's literally just graph paper with commands on it like it's a list a combo list for Tekken.

0f78ce5f5ea61057f57aa22039b00c52.jpg

No elaboration. BUT HEY This guide is completely newcomer friendly because everyone learns the same and can easily master a class just by reading the combos from a graph.

In case you can't tell, I'm being satirical. But seriously, this is not newcomer friendly in my opinion.

Edited by Rohunt
I didn't actually edit it, I just like the edit tag on my posts.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

^ LMAO!! LOOOOL ROHUNT, YOU ARE KILLING ME MAN LMFAOOO!! HHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!! OOOOG MAN MY SIDES LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAA! I KNOW U DON'T MEAN ANY HARM BUT SHIT MAN I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING MY ASS OFF SOOOO HARD RIGHT NOW! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!

OH MAN, I LIKE YOU, I LIKE YOUR SHIT, YOU ARE THE MAN! 

Edited by Rektangles
1 person likes this

Posted

^ LMAO!! LOOOOL ROHUNT, YOU ARE KILLING ME MAN LMFAOOO!! HHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA!!! OOOOG MAN MY SIDES LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAA! I KNOW U DON'T MEAN ANY HARM BUT SHIT MAN I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING MY ASS OFF SOOOO HARD RIGHT NOW! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!

OH MAN, I LIKE YOU, I LIKE YOUR SHIT, YOU ARE THE MAN! 

nawh man, you the best. I'm just trying to be like you fam!

Posted

You're not going to do yourself any favors insulting the people attempting to push out decent content. Either put out your own comprehensive Berserker guide or give constructive criticism to Surrender's guide so he can maybe update it with new sections. Surrender prefaced his guide by showing his credentials. I don't take this as him gloating by any means. And his 'cookie cutter' equipment suggestion are pretty much the standard for 99% of Berserkers. It doesn't mean you can't branch out and be unique, but it gives new players a standard to go off of. His combos are easily understandable for anybody who has played Berserker for longer than a few weeks. 

TL:DR Don't be an asshole unless your putting out solid content to make up for it.

2 people like this

Posted

I never implied they were rules, but how the guide goes, it seems to emphasize more on maxing gear ones gear then PLAYING the class. There is only one video I see about advanced combos, but nothing that tells you about the basics 

Also, let's say somebody is actually coming onto the game for the first time picking a berserker. They have little to no clue what they're doing so they click the guide and of course the first thing they're going to be greeted with is some dude bragging about his credentials and then the title "EQUIPMENT" under it.

Seriously, look.

No explanation on the class Pro's and Cons, nor what it can or can't do. First thing you're slapped with is EQUIPMENT.

Then as newcomer scrolls down, she's/he's confronted with pre-made gear choices, accessories choices and given a skill tree which with specifics skills and not elaborating on why the others are not picked. Sure, this is a good 'guide' for those who want to go hard or go home, but I would personally not recommend this to new-comers considering as there is little to no basic information.

One video about advanced combos while the rest is some dude showing off.

Actual edit: After going through and reading the Google Doc; It was an attempt on showing the commands but, it's literally just graph paper with commands on it like it's a list a combo list for Tekken.

No elaboration. BUT HEY This guide is completely newcomer friendly because everyone learns the same and can easily master a class just by reading the combos from a graph.

In case you can't tell, I'm being satirical. But, this is not newcomer friendly in my opinion.

I think you are underestimating people in general. Most will understand the "basics" as soon as they are comfortable with the game itself. It doesn't matter if they are new or experienced. All classes play differently so there is not difference. 
Again, his guide is not a rule book, is just a guide, you take what you need and leave the rest for later. If you were expecting a step by step hand holding guide, that is probably not what you are going to find.

Posted

I think Surrender's guide is good, and it is also missing about 2-3 advanced combos. Which do not need to be "public".

Another point to make: I see a good amount of Giant's using Shake Off.. however I find hb->kick>evade to be A LOT more effective and harder to predict the direction you're going in.

1 person likes this

Posted

Surrender have guide for lvl 50 zerk and there are basic in it :) but i cant find it anymore

Posted (edited)

It doesn't matter if they are new or experienced. All classes play differently so there is not difference. 

So, hold on. This makes no sense to me. 

So maining one character and then going to a brand new play style or joining the game for the first time and knowing nothing makes it "Not difference" because all the classes are different?

That's a little bit of flawed logic and also--

I think you are underestimating people in general. Most will understand the "basics" as soon as they are comfortable with the game itself. 

..You may be overestimating people. Not everyone takes in and processes information like you do, this could be their first mmo/game with action-combat. 

And also considering how it's taken some people from beta till now to figure out what their MAIN STATS (ap/dp) does for their class and how it scales, which should be BASIC information (and thanks to our publishers for just letting us figure that out on our own by going to third party websites)  saying 'most people will be comfortable with the game' is a pretty bold statement, if not biased.

Also, yes the game tells you how to play (kinda) and gives you weird ass PvE combos, but its nothing that you will really use.

Edited by Rohunt

Posted (edited)

Edited by Karaad
2 people like this

Posted

You're not going to do yourself any favors insulting the people attempting to push out decent content. Either put out your own comprehensive Berserker guide or give constructive criticism to Surrender's guide so he can maybe update it with new sections. Surrender prefaced his guide by showing his credentials. I don't take this as him gloating by any means. And his 'cookie cutter' equipment suggestion are pretty much the standard for 99% of Berserkers. It doesn't mean you can't branch out and be unique, but it gives new players a standard to go off of. His combos are easily understandable for anybody who has played Berserker for longer than a few weeks. 

TL:DR Don't be an asshole unless your putting out solid content to make up for it.

Try not to get defensive, friend. This whole thread is nothing but criticism. I even edited the first post to make it seem less biting. But, if you can do me a favor and please point out where I'm being an asshole.

Also, I even gave credit to the main guide, which I didn't edit in, that was in there when I initiated this thread.

(If you haven't read the opening post through I would recommend it.)

TL:DR Don't be an asshole unless you're putting out solid content to make up for it.

(yes im that guy)

This is a horrible guide. Don't be bashing someone else's work because they did a better job at explaining the class than you can. All of your points are moot and are basics for playing any class in this game.

(Also, this is a sort of 'friendly-suggestions' rather than a guide.  So, don't sue me for false advertising. )

Posted

lol i have never seen someone retract his opinions as fast as you Rohunt. you went after Surrender for making a comprehensive guide. and you did so by saying some super basic shit and providing NO pointers yourself. no combo guide, no gearing tips, nothing aside from basic stuff that applies to every class. and now you are busy editing your posts to make it seem like you are first of all not making a guide, but also making it looks like you never went after surrender. this is very entertaining indeed.

1 person likes this

Posted

You should resorts to adding notes of these. 

How should a berserkers approach the fight?

What should berserkers worries about? His health? Rage-meter? etc.

Which enemy or classes should berserk er prioritizes on all cost?

If this X tactic fails, then what should be backup tactic?

Posted

So, hold on. This makes no sense to me. 

So maining one character and then going to a brand new play style or joining the game for the first time and knowing nothing makes it "Not difference" because all the classes are different?

That's a little bit of flawed logic and also--

..You may be overestimating people. Not everyone takes in and processes information like you do, this could be their first mmo/game with action-combat. 

And also considering how it's taken some people from beta till now to figure out what their MAIN STATS (ap/dp) does for their class and how it scales, which should be BASIC information (and thanks to our publishers for just letting us figure that out on our own by going to third party websites)  saying 'most people will be comfortable with the game' is a pretty bold statement, if not biased.

Also, yes the game tells you how to play (kinda) and gives you weird ass PvE combos, but its nothing that you will really use.

I think you're just plain jealous man, it doesn't matter how many times you try to legitimize it through all these rebutals. @Surrender's guide is superb, a far cry of what you are trying to do here which is pretty much a rant with zero helpful information to newcomers, casuals and pros.

Honestly, if you have something else to add, please do so, but make it informational, not a dissection of someone's post to justify this thread.

Posted

Also Rohunt. In the name of the Six.

Quit tagbaiting. I know you're doing it. Jeeze. Don't make me use the water bottle, Rohunt. We know you're a charr on the inside.

Posted

Also Rohunt. In the name of the Six.

Quit tagbaiting. I know you're doing it. Jeeze. Don't make me use the water bottle, Rohunt. We know you're a charr on the inside.

no I've been found out.

The bait will not work now

Let me run before the bullying begins

Posted

no I've been found out.

The bait will not work now

Let me run before the bullying begins

Ilu rohunt.

Just so you know.

Posted (edited)

How to be a kickass Zerk ?

1) Go to Beserker sub forum

2 ) Click on topic :the-real-berserkers-guide. By Rohunt,

3 ) After loosing 5min of your time expecting for a kickass "real" guide you have learned :

Rohunt Final Tips : DO PvE and Dodge, dodge is important. Dodge !!!

4 ) Looking for hidden section, like tips, video, slowmotion combo

5) Silence inside you : you have lost your time.

Dont insult Surrender's guide. They are awesome and he is actually very nice to share it with us.

Edited by Tsav

Posted

This is a horrible guide. Don't be bashing someone else's work because they did a better job at explaining the class than you can. All of your points are moot and are basics for playing any class in this game.

Upvoted for properly using moot. Public service announcement, it's not MUTE point.

Posted

with a gear score higher than their IQ

Isn't this true of almost everyone but the newest player? Once you've passed a gear score of 145 you're virtually guaranteed to have a lower IQ than that (Yes, I'm a pedantic asshole).

Unnecessary correcting aside, the point (or at least what I think is the point) of the OP isn't a bad idea. Treating a single guide as gospel is a bad idea to begin with, and even if Surrender's guide were flawless, it still isn't a replacement for investing playtime and developing muscle memory.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0