• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Grass isn't Greener

104 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess that wasn't the right choice of words. I meant to say that it's out there like candy.

And the rest of the comment wasn't necessarily directed at you, but hey... if the hat fits...

You got it the other way around, you can get PKed without penalty now.

In BDO you can yes, you don't even lose XP here anymore

In L2 you went red after the first kill (2nd kill if you have killed a red), when red you had a lot bigger chance to drop items

Posted (edited)

Isn't there a somewhat big fuss happening right now regarding Albion being "P2W" as well? I know I saw a lot of disappointment regarding that game.

Edited by Tomoyo

Posted (edited)

In BDO you can yes, you don't even lose XP here anymore

In L2 you went red after the first kill (2nd kill if you have killed a red), when red you had a lot bigger chance to drop items

You're confusing PKing with being PKed.

That's the whole problem for the PvPers at the moment. There's no penalty for dying to a PK, but there are penalties for PKing still.

Also, I played L2 since Prelude for almost 10 years, I kinda know how it works lol.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

No one buys Liverto anymore? You're a funny one. And I never said anything about "stopping RNG" nor have I seen people wanting to completely get rid of it - just mitigating its effects and the negative impact.

I think what she means in a rougher tone is that thanks to the games economy currently and the ample amount of newbie advice available, even new players are not buying pure base Liverto much.

Posted (edited)

Albion online is def greener. 

from what i've read, its baddly p2w because you loose all gear on death, and you can buy gear directly with your money.

So, in battle, the winner is the guild / clan ( or whatever how its called in that game ) that have the "largest" gear stock to keep fight... So.. money-> gear = big advantage over "free user"

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

from what i've read, its baddly p2w because you loose all gear on death, and you can buy gear directly with your money.

So, in battle, the winner is the guild / clan ( or whatever how its called in that game ) that have the "largest" gear stock to keep fight... So.. money-> gear = big advantage over "free user"

you cant buy gear with ur rl money lol.... dude your way off..         and its not p2w at all.. it has EVEs system.. you cant pay 2 win a full loot game.. i play BDO also and i love it but bDO is way more P2w then albion..   the largetst stock? so if your guild and the otehr guild r fighting for resources and you die how would u put ur new armor on? ud have to run all the way back to town and get it could take 20 min to 4 hours .. i think you got bad info bud.

Edited by Cohen

Posted

Albion online is def greener. 

It's shit.

Posted

I think most people "comprehend" perfectly fine that BDO is a grind game. The grind is fine. Honestly, I don't mind the mindless killing of mobs for exp, silver, or drops cause I can just watch Netflix or something. The whole experience is actually rather soothing. The problem that many have is the RNG. You can grind and grind and grind, pour your heart and soul into getting materials and silver, and then get -----ed over by RNG when trying to get TRI Witch's Earrings. Yes, everyone knows the risks involved in trying to get TRI accessories, but do those risks really need to exist to begin with? It's one thing to pour hours and hours in getting a long-sought after item and another to completely fail in getting it just because of "bad luck."

You do realize what would happen if there wasn't "bad luck" and everyone just succeeded at enchanting don't you? There would be no reason at all to grind.

Everyone would be at gear cap within a month or two at most (accounting for casuals).  And since everyone is at cap with their gear most of the world would be barren of players, due to the fact that everybody would be stuck grinding out levels at the handful of areas that give meaningful xp to 55+. While this would please the hardcore PvP players to no end, it would drive off the portion of the population who aren't here to PvP. That would leave the lifeskill only players and an ever dwindling population of hardcore PvP players.  

All the the farming for drops is what gives people a reason to continue grinding. Take that away and you have even more people crying about nothing to do and demanding WoW raids to be implemented.

Posted

dude, you have no idea the shit your missing.. One MMOer to another, it truly is a great game.. if your into hardcore PvP,crafting, drama,open world all the time.. The world is huge huge huge.. bigger then BDOs.. but youll have to check it out for yourself. i wish you luck either way.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl21oPOawM8 

really? Hardcore PvP with Drama and stuff? 

Posted (edited)

hyped? im playing it now.. its not hype its real pvp with drama and shit.. i freaking love it. they kinda gave up on the mobile thing.. its very much pc now

dude, you have no idea the shit your missing.. One MMOer to another, it truly is a great game.. if your into hardcore PvP,crafting, drama,open world all the time.. The world is huge huge huge.. bigger then BDOs.. but youll have to check it out for yourself. i wish you luck either way.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl21oPOawM8

Im just not into that play style graphically or control wise.  i like games where I can look up at the sky run through areas that are amazing and immerse me ..... that game has none of that.  Just that top down board game 3d look like diablo.  meh.  

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

you cant buy gear with ur rl money lol.... dude your way off..         and its not p2w at all.. it has EVEs system.. you cant pay 2 win a full loot game.. i play BDO also and i love it but bDO is way more P2w then albion..   the largetst stock? so if your guild and the otehr guild r fighting for resources and you die how would u put ur new armor on? ud have to run all the way back to town and get it could take 20 min to 4 hours .. i think you got bad info bud.

This is directly from their website.    

The World of Albion offers your character to be upgraded to Premium.

Premium Status is available in different durations, from just 1 day up to an entire year, and allows you to benefit of the following perks:

Increase your skill progression speed with a 50% fame bonus

Master the Destiny Board faster with regenerating Learning Points

Collect 50% more Silver and loot from killing mobs

Improve your crafting with regenerating crafting focus

Become a master gatherer with a 50% bonus on your gathering yield

Enjoy a 100% increase on your farming yield and animal growth times on your player island

Boost  your trading profits by having market taxes reduced by 50%

Sign-Up Bonus

Once you have purchased your first 30 days of premium, you will receive:

the option to buy and upgrade your very own player island

a one-time Learning Point bonus for a progression boost on your Destiny Board

a one-time crafting focus bonus for some heavy crafting sessions

On top of which, you can buy Gold (reads like bdo pearls) and there is a gold to silver exchange in-game, so you can directly  buy in-game currency, although it sounds player driven so there is no definite amount of silver you'll get per gold.

If all of that isn't Pay2Win then neither Is bdo.

2 people like this

Posted

You can't say the grass isn't greener when you haven't tried everything that's out there, what you find enjoyable here may not be what other players enjoy. Honestly, if it wasn't for life skills and crafting/worker empires I probably wouldn't play this game. I preferred Tera's combat, the fact they had healing classes and the over-all PvP scene; but the game lacked any sort of crafting or life skills that were worthwhile for me so I came here. Coupled of course with the fact that EME were a terrible publisher and couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel and the boot was riddled with holes and was actually over-flowing with water,. 

Dude go outside once in a while....

looks like something out of the 1980s, lol.  

Yeah, you can't even compare Albion online and BDO.

No interest in old ass looking crapp.

Posted

When I heard people were leaving BDO to play Albion I thought they were joking and in all honesty I'm still fairly sure they are... It looks like a shitty version of Torchlight crossed with the new Runescape system... I understand P2W sucks but damn it looks -----ing awful

Posted

When I heard people were leaving BDO to play Albion I thought they were joking and in all honesty I'm still fairly sure they are... It looks like a shitty version of Torchlight crossed with the new Runescape system... I understand P2W sucks but damn it looks -----ing awful

Thing is Albion online is more P2W than BDO even the korean version lol.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

really? Hardcore PvP with Drama and stuff? 

your watching a video from pre alpha. ewww the game and ui isnt even close to that anymore.

Thing is Albion online is more P2W than BDO even the korean version lol.

how do you p2w in a full loot game? where you will die constantly?  I never hear EVE is p2w..  its a copy paste off that.

Edited by Cohen

Posted

I waited several years for BDO because nothing was able to fill the void since Everquest, Lineage II & Asheron's Call.  The truth is you don't have anywhere else to go.  This type of game is very rare and expensive to produce.  You will find a handful of "somewhat similar" games, but they won't be able to produce the same effect.

BDO is probably most comparable to Lineage II

* Seemless Open world with PVP & Sieges

* A very detailed land mass that takes hours to cover

* Infinite scaled progression in both level & equipment

The heart of BDO is a grind game which many don't seem to comprehend.  So many players get "bored" after months of grinding, but that is the entire game, in every aspect.  Whether it's breeding, gathering, or crunching mobs.  You should know that on day 1, not look back after 4 months of it and wonder what happened.

That not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a distinction.  There are plenty of MMO's that are simply not designed that way.  You level through them generally much quicker and dispose of them.  BDO is designed to be long term.  That forces sometimes painful exp progression and equipment.  The reason it needs to be nearly impossible to get the best of everything is so you always have something to improve.

BDO does offer more than most.  In addition to the grind fest there are tons of extras.  Breeding horses, Fishing, Alchemy, Gathering, etc.  The combat pve mechanics are also top notch for this type of game.

Sure it has it's flaws, and plenty of them, but as it stands today that doesn't diminish it's greatness.

I would look to the horizon. Very similar to BDO except combat is slower and tab targeting hybrid, Devs from lineage II worked on it, open world seamless, but with added theme park features like dungeons, raids etc.. Publisher may be worse or the same Aeria Games. But at least something to try, you never know you may like this more than BDO.

Posted

NA and EU don't really appear to be markets that want long term games.  Sure there are people that do but every launch you see huge numbers of people and then they quickly fall out. There is never a revitalization of the games for long and never enough coming into to replace those leaving.

The RNG just like AA is not starting to take its toll on the community.  It amazes me that PA learned nothing from Archeage.  Sure it is a different system but honestly who likes getting hosed by the rng?  So many people spends countless hours getting ogre rings or Baskilisk belts just to watch them disappear into thin air.  Yeah that makes people want to play more...............

Posted

I would look to the horizon. Very similar to BDO except combat is slower and tab targeting hybrid, Devs from lineage II worked on it, open world seamless, but with added theme park features like dungeons, raids etc.. Publisher may be worse or the same Aeria Games. But at least something to try, you never know you may like this more than BDO.

Combat is shit.  This is from someone that already played.

Posted (edited)

how do you p2w in a full loot game? where you will die constantly?  I never hear EVE is p2w..  its a copy paste off that.

why do you assume that the person who buys silver will die constantly? From the reading I have been doing about it today it doesnt sound like gear means anything, it sounds like completing your destiny board is what matters. Which is accomplished by your 50% bonus to fame and enhanced learning regen speed, bought by premium status. So If you have one group that  bought premium fighting a group who didn't, who's more likely to die? Even if they do die, then can easily replace their items, due to buying silver, instead of having to farm more silver. 

Edited by Irodu
stupid autocorrect plus slow phone from albion sites

Posted

watching Trailers dont give you a real look at a game

The Mainreason ppl dont want to play games like Albion is... wait i'll show you...

black-desert-2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

you know what i mean mate!?

Posted

despite its horrible management BDO still offers better gameplay than any other MMO out there.

Debateable.

Posted

Well you could wait for Phantasy Star online, for the last 9 years, but guess which forum all of you are on ;)

When Lineage II was deflating there was tons of talk about Age of Conan being the next greatest thing, well it wasn't.

The reality is many of these players would just end up in the same situation no matter what they are playing.  There are other good games out already, Devillion isn't so bad, and Blade and Soul is probably the best action based game, but it's not an infinite grinder.

Most companies won't allow a game like BDO.  The player base will whine about how tough it is until it's casualized.  The "WOW syndrome".  That's what happened to Diablo 3.  Now the drop rate and exp are ridiculously high.

Age of Conan was amazing, if you had a machine that could run it.

Posted

AO is full loot and is defniitely p2w.  I can't wait until people go there and start getting destroyed by black zone guilds with way better gear that just camp you in the city so you cant even capture a zone for more than a couple hours.  Then they just lay siege to your zone 3 times a day until you run out of gear defending it because they can.

Posted

Maybe you should move to Korea, they currently got 100+ games exactly like this.

Can you name 10 of those 100 games that have the same feats as BDO at its core?

Posted

watching Trailers dont give you a real look at a game

Wait.....is that Derplanders twin brother Hurrlander?