• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Grass isn't Greener

104 posts in this topic

Posted

You're confusing PKing with being PKed.

That's the whole problem for the PvPers at the moment. There's no penalty for dying to a PK, but there are penalties for PKing still.

Also, I played L2 since Prelude for almost 10 years, I kinda know how it works lol.

What Penalty? Losing Karma? boho

Posted (edited)

What Penalty? Losing Karma? boho

Yes. The penalty that you lose karma like you always did. The difference is that you now get nothing in trade except maybe have the person come back and harass you forever because he can.

Honestly, by that comment alone you're either a) autistic b) a pve activist c) trolling. Whichever case, you're already on the ignore list.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

Meh, Albion Online and Revelation Online are the only things I keep an eye on for now, and well, despite its horrible management BDO still offers better gameplay than any other MMO out there.

Revelation looks good also Bless

I got Bless KR downloaded and I will be streaming it cause I just got my account as well.

Posted

Revelation looks good also Bless

I got Bless KR downloaded and I will be streaming it cause I just got my account as well.

Combat apparently sucks though. Shame considering the color palette and architecture is very reminiscent of Lineage II.

Posted

I waited several years for BDO because nothing was able to fill the void since Everquest, Lineage II & Asheron's Call.  The truth is you don't have anywhere else to go.  This type of game is very rare and expensive to produce.  You will find a handful of "somewhat similar" games, but they won't be able to produce the same effect.

BDO is probably most comparable to Lineage II

* Seemless Open world with PVP & Sieges

* A very detailed land mass that takes hours to cover

* Infinite scaled progression in both level & equipment

The heart of BDO is a grind game which many don't seem to comprehend.  So many players get "bored" after months of grinding, but that is the entire game, in every aspect.  Whether it's breeding, gathering, or crunching mobs.  You should know that on day 1, not look back after 4 months of it and wonder what happened.

That not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a distinction.  There are plenty of MMO's that are simply not designed that way.  You level through them generally much quicker and dispose of them.  BDO is designed to be long term.  That forces sometimes painful exp progression and equipment.  The reason it needs to be nearly impossible to get the best of everything is so you always have something to improve.

BDO does offer more than most.  In addition to the grind fest there are tons of extras.  Breeding horses, Fishing, Alchemy, Gathering, etc.  The combat pve mechanics are also top notch for this type of game.

Sure it has it's flaws, and plenty of them, but as it stands today that doesn't diminish it's greatness.

Well recap :)

Posted

gear based pvp is cancer but BDO is a fun game. Not amusing to watch either, it's just fun.

Posted (edited)

Why are people acting like albion isnt P2W? I play albion. it's no different...you can buy faster mounts in albion so you can run away and not get PK'd and lose your gear, there's a ton of other stuff to

please don't act like albion is the saving grace of MMORPG's, it's literally just runescape 2.0. You should only play albion if you liked runescapes wilderness PKing

Both albion and black desert are set up in that you need to actively play them alot to be competitive, spending money helps. but unless you play a crapload, you are just fodder and your credit card wont help.

Edited by Catclaw

Posted (edited)

I played the game for a solid 3 months.  I think my account has like 55 days playtime or so in 3 months, of course that's a lot of afking acitivies at night. I reached level 55.  I definatly got my $30 worth and I think I spent about $30 in the cash shop too a month in.  Even if I never play again, I had fun while I was here except maybe the last 2 weeks or so. 

I had fun during my time and I'm sure I will check out BDO again in the future.  Maybe when dark elves come out since they are my favorite race to use when available.

I am generally a PVE player so BDO offering is very poor for what I want to play. The PVE combat is about as basic as it gets, playing a Valkyrie I basically just have to use 3 skills and win.  I probably really have just used SOJ and not even bothered with the other two.  I did enjoy the whole worker and node system, I enjoyed crafting and horse breeding.  If this game has a more detailed PVE system in combat and just better questing overall I'd probably play it still.  IF the game had some group dungeons I'd probably still play too.  I'm not a big fan of open PVP, I just find it boring.  And no its not cause I got ganked, in fact I think I only got ganked once ever in this game when I was not in sausans.   I prefer a battleground type of PVP, I just want to get into the action, fight for a bit, win or lose and move on.  In general, even going back to the days of Eq1 which was my first MMO, I never really enjoyed MMO PVP combat.  The time I did was in WoW's battlegrounds or Warhammer Onlines battlegrounds when that game was a thing. Always found shooter games much more exciting and with games like Overwatch now, puts MMO pvp to shame.  Plus with nearly mmo shooters nowadays like Destiny out there, can get my MMO fix and more fun PVP all in one pacakage.

BDO has a big world and I like the fact there is no fast travel.  To much fast travel ruins the experience also.  One of the things I dislike about ESO for example is there is just much fast travel and you basically have to use it.  In an MMO the world itself should be a character too, detailed and immservice.  Just warping around kills immersion.  BDO also has some very cool cities, very big and detailed, some of the best in an MMO..  But the rest of the world is pretty uninteresting.  Theres a few nice vistas but its hard to care about the world overall since theres not much developed lore like a WoW, Everquest or Elder scrolls. 

Then with pay to win and server issues on top of that for the last month and half, its easy to stop playing since I get enjoy life skills anymore with reloading or just disconnects.

Anyways to sum up, I enjoyed the game for a few months, got my moneys worth for me.  The end game does not interest me and the side acitivies like horse breeding are basically broken due to server issues.  I move on, probably will check it out in the future.

Edited by Wolfydog

Posted

I'm just happy someone else remembers Asheron's Call :D It  was my first mmo.

Posted (edited)

I waited several years for BDO because nothing was able to fill the void since Everquest, Lineage II & Asheron's Call.  The truth is you don't have anywhere else to go.  This type of game is very rare and expensive to produce.  You will find a handful of "somewhat similar" games, but they won't be able to produce the same effect.

Except the many bugs make sieges a pain and the anti pvp patch replaced open world pvp by open world griefing. I played L2 for years and this game is NOT AT ALL like it. Not to mention that this game denies players to team work on anything. In L2 a strong clan was a clan working together. As opposed to BDO where the game does not allow even basic interactions.

And where travelling times are excessive compared to eg. Lineage 2.

The heart of BDO is a grind game which many don't seem to comprehend.  So many players get "bored" after months of grinding, but that is the entire game, in every aspect.  Whether it's breeding, gathering, or crunching mobs.  You should know that on day 1, not look back after 4 months of it and wonder what happened.

Yeah but where in L2 you were working with friends in BDO you are a loner, you are not allowed to play social. Where you had a working player economy that allowed a wide range of play styles in BDO there's plain nothing except for a npc driven auction house with excessive fees and "NPC workers".

That not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a distinction.  There are plenty of MMO's that are simply not designed that way.  You level through them generally much quicker and dispose of them.  BDO is designed to be long term.  That forces sometimes painful exp progression and equipment.  The reason it needs to be nearly impossible to get the best of everything is so you always have something to improve.

You mean it has been designed to force players that can't afford to grind those 1000s of hours into the p2w cash shop. I prefered the L2 way where you were allowed to bot. Sure NcSoft said it wasn't but we discussed bot setting on shout chat and had trains running 24/7 for over a year, so yes it was de facto legal even though ncsoft claimed it wasn't. Botting made the game playable for everybody, in BDO you only have the cash shop.

BDO does offer more than most.  In addition to the grind fest there are tons of extras.  Breeding horses, Fishing, Alchemy, Gathering, etc.  The combat pve mechanics are also top notch for this type of game.

You seriously think a few simple single player games are a decent replacement for a player driven economy, epic fights for castles that mattered, battling for hunting spots, team work on all levels, politics and so on? I don't agree at all.

Sure it has it's flaws, and plenty of them, but as it stands today that doesn't diminish it's greatness.

This game is a single player game for the most parts, don't compare it to lineage 2. They both might have an open world and sieges - but that's pretty much about the similarities.

Edited by eHug

Posted

Combat apparently sucks though. Shame considering the color palette and architecture is very reminiscent of Lineage II.

I heard the same but I havent tried it myself yet.  But it still is in beta even in KR so lets hope they get that feedback and adjust it cause it does look very promising and has alot more to offer every type of player than bdo does.

Posted

It's shit.

^^^ Ganked hourly ^^^

Posted

I returned to BDO, and I'm happy I did. A break from the game during summer was enough to see that it's the best MMO experience out there at the moment, I just hope they release awakenings soon like they stated.

Posted

I returned to BDO, and I'm happy I did. A break from the game during summer was enough to see that it's the best MMO experience out there at the moment, I just hope they release awakenings soon like they stated.

You will regret that soon enough lol.

Grass is def greener on the other side these days.  Things are escalating for the worse quicker than ever in BDO.

Posted

I heard the same but I havent tried it myself yet.  But it still is in beta even in KR so lets hope they get that feedback and adjust it cause it does look very promising and has alot more to offer every type of player than bdo does.

Well, the Koreans aren't into it, they say it's a good game, but it's very well made for the West, not for them.

Posted

Grass is def greener on the other side these days.  Things are escalating for the worse quicker than ever in BDO.

No its just you have been jaded and sucked into the negativity which then changed your out look on the game.

You think bless will be the next best thing the positivity from it without even playing it is the same you felt for BDO.  After Bless goes live in NA it will follow the same negative downward spiral that BDO suffered.  Largely in part to the community.

The grass will be greener for a couple months then that will wear off and you will be looking for the next mmo to save you.

Posted (edited)

No its just you have been jaded and sucked into the negativity which then changed your out look on the game.
You think bless will be the next best thing the positivity from it without even playing it is the same you felt for BDO.  After Bless goes live in NA it will follow the same negative downward spiral that BDO suffered.  Largely in part to the community.

The grass will be greener for a couple months then that will wear off and you will be looking for the next mmo to save you.

Or your jaded that game you have spent so much time and money on is dead..?

Edited by Brutex

Posted

so leave?  Worse for the selfish elitists, perhaps, not for the 99%.

Posted

Largely in part to the community.

It isn't the consumers fault that these companies push out shit and are surprised that folks are tired of eating shit. Eventually someone will bring out another UO or Evercrack or heck even a wow and they will flourish. Until then developers will keep pushing out massive quantities of shitty products hoping one will be the next angry birds/candycrush/pokemen. The same gamers are hopping from shiny to shiny looking for a good game.

Posted (edited)

I don't go to Barrens chat or WoW forums say how the game should be. I hate it and I don't play it.

Get the message behind that statement?

Edited by Katsuragi
3 people like this

Posted

Yep, Albion Online...

It's coming.

That game seems interesting but the top-down moba-like clicky gameplay really throws me off.

Posted (edited)

Or your jaded that game you have spent so much time and money on is dead..?

Sorry you think its dead.  Why are you still here posting in a dead games forums? 

Edited by Lemonz
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well I dont disagree with your completely buddy.  I am not jaded or anything considering I am probably one of the most clear and level headed people you will meet when it comes to serious talk.

Fact remains BDO has such high promise and in the end the publisher got greedy and let the money cloud there judgement.  They listened to this community and it flourished. When they stopped listening to line there pockets well you can see what has happened with so many leaving.  Those 3rd quarter listings will be very much lower and 4th quarter even lower.

I am still playing BDO and think the game has many good things in it but it does leave out alot as well such as pve dungeons and raids, pvp progression as well via leveling in pvp aspects or seperate gear for pvp vs pve.  The thing now is alot will keep playing BDO as we are but wont spend ANY real life money on the game anymore.  I have spent over 1k and that may not be alot but its a extra 1k they wouldnt have had if they had told me at start they would introduce cash shop items on the market in less than 6 months.  I would have just saved my silver and bought cash shop items and not spent 1k.  You see how they mislead and manipulated the customers at start by telling them it will not be here and even though they listed it as "in the future" they SAID verbally they would not ever make this game p2w with ingame currency exchange via the cash shop.  Daum bascially became a gold seller like bikinpanda.  Its the same principle just a diff way to get it with RL cash.

Bless and other games I am sure will do the same in the end as they all do.  One thing about Daum at start over these other games is that the other games never claim they will not sell cash shop items for silver and most dont.  They just add it direct to the cash shop so you always have to spend RL cash.

No one likes something saying one thing and doing the exact opposite later.  To each his own though and whoever wants to keep supporting them via cash can but personally I dont see the need to.  Also the game has nothing hardcore about it anymore so you can play this game even casually now and be in the top tier of competitive players.  You couldnt do that before but in 2 months you can buy everything DUO now or better.  

Every mmo today sucks and will always be a 6 month to 1 year game now.  Just the way the mmo industry has gone due to money.

so leave?  Worse for the selfish elitists, perhaps, not for the 99%.

Just dumb response to legitimate other points of view. 99% of the community didnt agree so please dont say stupid stuff like that. There were even polls showing majority didnt like the changes.

I dont need to leave if I enjoy other parts of the game still.  I can simply not pay any real life cash to support them and now that the game is going f2p I can even make alt accounts without paying.

Dont respond if you have nothing constructive to say in any form of view cause you only make yourself look petty and dumb.

Edited by Tez

Posted

Don't forget it's p2w too!

Posted

99% of the community

Source? His/her point is, if the grass is greener elsewhere why are you wasting your time whining on the forums? Shouldn't you be on the forums of a better game? :)