• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OMG games are dying

55 posts in this topic

Posted

How many BDO "key" did  Daum/kakao sell? 1,1 millions? How many players are active ? 120k?

1.) We're not sure. They said they have one million "accounts" not purchases a few months ago so it's not really clear
2.) That 120k number was from like a month or so after launch and hasn't been accurate for a long time.

I'm really not 100% sure why you quoted me or why you seem to be acting like I don't think BDO is in trouble. Maybe you're one of those people who got so caught up in my disapproval of fraud that you think I was arguing the change was a good thing... totally ignoring how I have said even before launch selling cs items to the cash shop was a line in the sand for me.

I haven't spent a dime on this game since the maid patch and will not be giving any more money to Daum or PA.

Posted

I'm really not 100% sure why you quoted me

You wrote "Numbers", statistics of other game. I wrote numbers of BDO, but that was quoted  as facts many times by Plunge. YOu have to use them as "less clear/trusted source". :D

Posted (edited)

You wrote "Numbers", statistics of other game. I wrote numbers of BDO, but that was quoted  as facts many times by Plunge. YOu have to use them as "less clear/trusted source". :D

I'm not Plunge, I wasn't even talking about BDO.

There's a reason I don't cite those numbers, because they aren't very clear and the concurrent / active user numbers were announced too long ago to be relevant anymore.

I don't have to use anything because someone else does, that's not how it works. If you're not saying something relevant to what I've said why are you quoting me? 

Also, for real, if you don't understand the difference between sales and daily active users no amount of conversation can help you.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

How many BDO "key" did  Daum/kakao sell? 1,1 millions? How many players are active ? 120k? If this is right BDO can't or don't want to keep players. 89% of all players left the game.  And his is "pre p2w patch" datas maybe. Maybe daum sold many keys in the past, but we see small effects only. MAny new players and many players left the game. This is not a big problem if game can "catch" new players. If the game can insert new palyers to the spaces of "leave game" guys.  Last patch and stupid news and 0 information tactic was different thing. That hit game hard. Less players do AFK things, less players was active in  longer time, less players join to the node wars. The real patch is not bad like in other regions maybe, but it's not fair game. And this "smaller evil content" didn't fix the game. No more trust in this company, nobody will come back to the game after "smaller" p2w patch (if he/she left the game).  And this effect was big. You can't see the new guys who join in, play 2 days and left the game because they don't want play 100-1000 hours. But you see effect if it hits the big/most active guilds. Many big guilds lost old, experienced players. Strongest players. And players activity is bad in all times and areas now.   If you see the negative effects you can overreact it too. this inactivity make damage in longer time.  And I don't see the "Great future of BDO" now. This is average game with not fair play game system and  with not trusted publishers now. But don't worry. Nice costumes and good graphic will save the game and the company. Shiny things, cute girls, bobs. This game can't fail. :D

Hmmmmm 89% left the game before the p2w pach? So now that number is at 170% or something? i dont like to behave like a white knight but......source?

Posted

People hate to accept it but even the BOP2W guys are loving the fact that they can get cash shop items with silver.

Posted (edited)

If you're not saying something relevant to what I've said why are you quoting me? 

Also, for real, if you don't understand the difference between sales and daily active users no amount of conversation can help you.

This is BDO forum. BDO is relevant. You used other game examples and "drop population". BDO drop population too. And you are not Plunge, just an another dubious White Knight in most of time.  if you don't understand the difference between you and Plunge and you think all "Plunge's data"  quoted as Plunge's data are posted as your data  no amount of conversation can help you. You are intended dumb when you run out of real arguments. :D

Hmmmmm 89% left the game before the p2w pach? So now that number is at 170% or something? i dont like to behave like a white knight but......source?

Plunge. The biggest brainless White Knight of the BDO forum. He/she/it uses "datas", but forget mark the source and the timestamps of the datas. :D

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

This is BDO forum. BDO is relevant. You used other game examples and "drop population". BDO drop population too. And you are not Plunge, just an another dubious White Knight in most of time.  if you don't understand the difference between you and Plunge and you think all "Plunge's data"  quoted as Plunge's data are posted as your data  no amount of conversation can help you. You are intended dumb when you run out of real arguments. :D

lol.

I'm a white knight and dumb when you come at me with one of the most poorly put togeather strings of what you think is logic I've seen in awhile.

You're not even intelligent enough to wrap your head around how what you responded with is not relevant to what I was talking about.

Carry on with your disingenuous shitposting. You, like so many others who can't argue their way out of a paper bag, can't even approach a conversation without resorting to slapping labels on people and assuming their positions. But that's ok, there's no shortage of people who can't process what people say and there's a nice line of people who still think I'm a white knight because I blast their logic to shreds.

Posted (edited)

lol.
I'm a white knight and dumb when you come at me with one of the most poorly put togeather strings of what you think is logic I've seen in awhile.

I'm not Plunge,

OFF

Where do you see  this relation, Dumber?  Where is this You = Plunge relation in my comments? Forget it! You run out ontopic arguments, datas and informations, but you want to be "here". If you have nothing to say just stay calm and don't post offtopic characters. :D

/OFF

Edited by Mikroman

Posted (edited)

OFF

Where do you see  this relation, Dumber?  Where is this You = Plunge relation in my comments? Forget it! You run out ontopic arguments, datas and informations, but you want to be "here". If you have nothing to say just stay calm and don't post offtopic characters. :D

/OFF

I'm sure you think you're making an intelligent point here... but you're not.

Maybe the problem isn't that me and plunge are the same and more that you fail on so many levels to actually engage in a conversation and don't understand even the basic principles of logic.

I pointed out a flaw in the OP's argument and you started to whine about BDO with a massive inability to even process the information you reference.

If you don't want to be told the things you're saying aren't relevant you should stop posting; and if you try to get in an argument with me you'd better come at me with something more solid than what you have in your seemingly empty toolbox.

I think the common thread you're noticing between me and Plunge is both of us can tell exactly what you bring to a conversation... an inability to hold one.

take your own advice, and if you have nothing to say keep it to yourself. P.S. perfectly calm, if anything I am laughing at you. Yes, AT you.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

I'm sure you think you're making an intelligent point here... but you're not.
Maybe the problem isn't that me and plunge are the same and more that you fail on so many levels to actually engage in a conversation and don't understand even the basic principles of logic.

I pointed out a flaw in the OP's argument and you started to whine about BDO with a massive inability to even process the information you reference.

If you don't want to be told the things you're saying aren't relevant you should stop posting; and if you try to get in an argument with me you'd better come at me with something more solid than what you have in your seemingly empty toolbox.

I think the common thread you're noticing between me and Plunge is both of us can tell exactly what you bring to a conversation... an inability to hold one.

take your own advice, and if you have nothing to say keep it to yourself. P.S. perfectly calm, if anything I am laughing at you. Yes, AT you.

Ok-ok. Are you finish it,? Ok. Nice. Just calm down and go back to ontopic! Gsus... Such a Drama Queen. :D

Posted

Ok-ok. Are you finish it,? Ok. Nice. Just calm down and go back to ontopic! Gsus... Such a Drama Queen. :D

I'm not aware that telling you exactly what you bring to the table is Drama.

I'm not sure how you're confusing me being amused by that is me being angry or anything but calm.

But hey, feel free to keep validating my comment that you're a disingenuous shitposter ;) 

And since we're at it lets add hypocrite shall we? This quote isn't on topic, if you're not going to be on topic follow your own advice.

Posted

Golf clap. Lots of words to tell people something they already know. If they don't know this they don't have the intellect to understand your post. Shrug.

Posted

One of my favorites will always be SWG.

When the CU hit a lot of people jumped ship, sure, but the game was far from dead or dying. When it closed it's doors it still had a healthy population and a healthy amount of players that still loved it and thought it was the best game ever.

Those players still exist and populate the Emu and other SWG projects by the thousands. The game already actually technically died but still lives on in force and is very active and constantly getting new people. It's great lol.

Posted

I heard people say that for ages.this game is dying,that game is dying.Newsflash,those games are still live and some even 14 years after ppl said they were "dying".They are always wrong.I notice this trendy trend that people call a game dying or dead after they stop playing it.its hilarious its almost like they think their prescence in the game is what makes it live xD

Posted (edited)

How many BDO "key" did  Daum/kakao sell? 1,1 millions? How many players are active ? 120k?

BDO had 120,000 active players in March where they had sold 400,000 copies.

Over 1 million copies were sold by the end of June, we don't know the population numbers for June.

120,000 was also the number of people logging in EVERY DAY, not the amount that played the game.

I get that you want to argue, badly, but try to get your facts straight. :) 

I called Tera dying when I made the thread "How dead is Tera?", took a while but it looks like Tera is actually dying as they just merged 3 servers due to low populations. Happy to see that game going under, EME completely destroyed it. 

Edited by Plunge

Posted

I've heard the "this game is dying" phrase alot for every new MMO these days. I think this comes from every new MMO trying to be like the last or people wanting it to be like the last.

I've played Vindictus which through its going lifespan has seen a massive drop in players over the years. Keyword: years.

A few reasons for it is clearly the game's upgrade systems where when you succeed in upgrades, that gear can be used for an extremely long time. The worst part is the failure. If you chose not to buy an item from the cash shop your weapon or armor you attempted some of the game's strongest upgrades on had a chance of breaking. By breaking I mean unusable and could not be retrieved.

Another thing is retention of new players. New player retention stays low because early content is so old that it is mostly soloed. You will rarely find people for the instance runs.

Almost forgot, customer service: If the publishers ticket response takes too long people just leave. I believe one ticket I had open was 8 months before it was finally solved. Those were the horror stories of nexon tickets.

One last thing that turns people off of the game is the lack of the "open world." The lack of an open world turns people off even if for most MMOs the open world doesn't actually do anything or feel that lively. I personally never felt too attached to having an open world since my favorite games have been the more action oriented ones such as Dungeon Fighter Online and Vindictus. Unless the open world is as lively as Guild Wars 2 and BDO, I don't really care about an open world. There are plenty of single player games for me to play that have large open spaces of unfulfilling content. Most of the time I just want to get straight to the action.

I'll leave off with my final point. People tend to leave MMOs especially when their friends stops playing, even if they are still enjoying it because half of the fun is playing with others. Making new friends to keep enjoying an MMO can be alot of hassle. 

The final question. Is BDO dying? Yes of course its dying. The moment something is born, it starts dying. Remember the act of purchasing a game is so easy that people may just spend 30 dollars on BDO just to try it therefore a ton of sales at the start. It was something that is new for alot of younger players of the genre. Alot of people did not know of the grind that occurs in BDO which can be seen from people asking "I'm doing all these quests. Why am I not leveling up?" People don't always research a game's features to even see if they would like the game. I never thought I would be playing BDO as long as I have but then again I didn't play as much as the 1% of players, although I definitely played more than 50% 

(sometimes I don't know when to end a post)

This leads me to another point about BDO and MMOs in general. The Grind. People label this thing is a grind to almost everything now. True grinding occurs in BDO. "Doing the same thing over and over for hours." This is BDO. You do the exact same thing for hours. The content within the game does not change much between level 1-"insert number here" The main difference is location. A player can experience pretty much everything the game has to offer. Playing beyond that point is whether you choose to enjoy the gameplay or become bored. A few friends of mine couldn't do the mob grinding. They got to the 20s and stopped. These are friends I never expected to play much longer than that but that is definitely a large part of BDO's original population.

going to end this here, i wrote too much.

Posted

Yes, WoW and all other games lost 30-60% of their playerbase in YEARS, years being the key word.

BDO lost that amount of their playerbase in ~4 months after launch, with the biggest migration of players being after the p2w patch (aka in 1 week, not years. week < year), which also labeled the game as p2w for every mmo website, and on each and every media (youtube, facebook, fan communities). So BDO IS a game where players leave each day, where patches make entier guilds leave the game, and a game to which new players are not coming anymore.

So how do you call a game, like BDO, where there are more player leaving than new players coming, eh? 

You have to be down right retarded to not see that the amount of players in this game has been reduced a lot in the past month, especially when all guilds report lack of competition over nodes and castles.

But whatever..., plunge will come in here and trash his numbers without any source that BDO is losing 0 players daily and gets 5k new players each second, and that BDO is doing great. 

We'll see how well BDO is doing in the upcoming few months (2-3 months).

Posted

BDO is dead and all the people selling thier accounts on epicnpc and playerauctions to those who wanna p2w.

Posted

It seems that more players returned to the game to grind for cash shop items: some of my life skills were often ranked among top 30, but now they are ranked A only. I also noticed more activities in popular grinding spots.

Believe it or not, in many players' opinions, this game does not have meaningful end-game pvp or pve content. Cash shop items actually give players some new goals to grind for, and these goals are easier to achieve than getting boss armor from night vendors.

Posted

BDO lost that amount of their playerbase in ~4 months after launch,

Source? Where are you numbers comparing this please? How do you know the number of players that have left? Personal observation? If so I just saw 2.5 million players gin up today. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Source? Where are you numbers comparing this please? How do you know the number of players that have left? Personal observation? If so I just saw 2.5 million players gin up today. 

They're trying to be da 'MUH DOOMSAYERs' - It's a trend that'll keep ongoing for centuries. It's basically the contest to say, 'FIRST' in every youtube comment section. Like alway.

Let this thread slide, and be forgotten.

Posted

about to go a big deep here..In real logic, everything that springs into life starts to die as soon as it is born. Same thing goes for nonliving materials, they start to decay and now with digital environments, they also start to fade away until it is unplugged. The real question here is, how long until such process is due?

I have been hearing of games "dying" for years and they are still there. Hell, even some of the people who wrote a "Game is dying" thread, died before the game did. Now that some sad shit if it did happen. Now back to other threads.

1 person likes this

Posted

Meanwhile the video game industry pulls in more money than Hollywood movies (and every other form of entertainment) year after year... Cause video games are dying ;) 

Posted

Sorry Vasco De Gama but i play mmos to interact with other ppl and there is no greater way to do this than pvp. Stop treating the game like a single player one and you will understand that pvp is the only endgame that this game has to offer. Btw try no mans sky for exploring and to chill.

speak for yourself.  Some of us enjoy playing dress up and pretending we are the pretty girl on the screen.

Posted (edited)

I've been dying for 26 years now, servers still going strong!

Edited by Royton

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0