• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

"Lost Connection to the Server" - Seriously??? Still??

85 posts in this topic

Posted

Forgot to mention... Arizona and Cox communication as well...

Anyone think that Cox is the issue? Has anyone called them...? I am about to try.

Posted

Forgot to mention... Arizona and Cox communication as well...

Anyone think that Cox is the issue? Has anyone called them...? I am about to try.

I'm AZ as well and been trying other games. They all run fine with no lag or disconnecting. It's on their end.

Posted

It may not be. It may just be a bad pathway to their server. I posted my trace route and 160 ms is pretty crap though.

Posted

Hopefully they fix it soon.

Posted

I can not stay connected to Orwen Calpheon 02 for crap.  I can go to Mediah 01 and other channels with better results but that main channel all my friends, guild, and the RP area's are in, is Calph 02.  Clearly this isn't on my end if I can stay in one channel for days with out being disconnected so long as it's the right channel.   No other game, console, or streaming service has a problem except for BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

I am using Cox Communications in Louisiana. The connection loss is deplorable. Could this be the common denominator? 

I have called Cox 3 times. Had technicians come out and "everything is good" 

So how are we still having connection issues with the game? 

All other games that I have downloaded and tested are fine. 

Posted (edited)

I am using Cox Communications in Louisiana. The connection loss is deplorable. Could this be the common denominator? 

I have called Cox 3 times. Had technicians come out and "everything is good" 

So how are we still having connection issues with the game? 

All other games that I have downloaded and tested are fine. 

Same issue with Cox Nevada. On Edan I have identified it only is a problem on Velia E1 and all E2 channels. All other E1 channels are fine as they do not connect to that IP range.

The common denominator with these servers is that they all reside on the Atlanta servers subnet 209.58.137.X /24.  You can see your connection to these servers by checking Task Manager > Performance > Resource Monitor > Network (check the bdo.exe box) > TCP connections.

As this is something that is happening for users all over the U.S. it's going to be fairly difficult to get anything done on the Cox side. You will prob get a Tier 1 tech who won't even understand the issue and is going to be looking at your local equipment and connection rather than the larger picture and routing.

For me at least the issue only appears to be upstream to the servers. All client side activity functions but does not make it to the servers (e.g pop a pot it goes on cd but never gives you the health as the packet would need to reach the server). The downstream from the server to me is fine. I can see all other player and NPC movement in real time.

I have a ticket open with BDO to take a look... but not expecting much as it seems to be a pretty complex issue that nobody wants to take ownership of.

Pretty frustrating! My guild is primarily on and E2 channel and I really can't do anything with them there. At least node wars are ok..

Edit: spelling

Edited by Chipped

Posted

Yeah, I have Cox in Arizona and having same issues, constant disconnect. This all started for me around 5 PM yesterday. I was playing fine in the morning with no connection issues. Did you guys say there is certain server/channels that we can use in the meantime that are more stable ?

Posted (edited)

Annnnnnd.....SAME here!!   I work a crap ton of hours a week and when I get home and want to play....NOTHING!!!    I fell in love with this game from the minute I started playing.   I have spent hard earned cash on this game!!!   And I just sat here and read this entire thread and NOT ONE RESPONSE from our creators!!!!!!    I can't stay logged on for more than 5 minutes.   IF YOU CAN'T FIX THIS GAME THEN GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK FOR THE GAME AND THE PEARLS I HAVE BOUGHT!   That seems fair!!!!   AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEM!!!!

Edited by Catize
1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, I have Cox in Arizona and having same issues, constant disconnect. This all started for me around 5 PM yesterday. I was playing fine in the morning with no connection issues. Did you guys say there is certain server/channels that we can use in the meantime that are more stable ?

another one here with Cox in AZ, been unable to play since yesterday morning.  pretty frustrating.  

Update: it seems to work for me if I play on the Calpheon channels?  But Velia 01 is unplayable.

Posted

Thank you for the hints here. I am using Cox in CA.  Desync was happening very often in the last few weeks. 

Switched to Verizon Mobile wireless and all problem disappeared.

Pretty sure it's Cox.

Posted

WOW! yup also have cox here in Louisiana, having same issues as most of you! Been going on for about  2 weeks, but this morning I couldn't get on for more then 20 sec without disconnecting.

Posted (edited)

forgot to mention, Cox AZ here as well

... holla @ tha 480 >.>

Edited by Jewel

Posted

Cox here, I kept going into Mediah E2 and every time I did before I even looked at the map I couldn't do anything. I just tried the Mediah E1 and I have had no problems so far. I think Cox has to do with 2nd channels..?

Posted

I honestly can not belieave how badly these servers have been. This is unplayable. I haven't been able to play for almost 3 days due to never staying connected to the game. I have Cox internet in Las Vegas, NV. This is an amazing game and is a lot of fun to play, but when you are never connected to it you tend to stop playuing it and switch to a game that you can actually play.

So some advice before the game dies. Fix the damn servers so people can play.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cox here, I kept going into Mediah E2 and every time I did before I even looked at the map I couldn't do anything. I just tried the Mediah E1 and I have had no problems so far. I think Cox has to do with 2nd channels..?

Yep same here Cox/AZ all 2nd channels no good and 1st channels work perfect. 

Posted

Cox in Oklahoma, outside of Tulsa.

Posted

I have high speed Cox Cable in Georgia and the disconnects have reached the point where I cannot play the game.  

Posted

Cox Virginia

Hopefully they fix it soon.

They wont. 

Posted

Cox VA here cant play at all on U2 channels

Posted

Got in contact with Cox's Teir 2 team. They had me link them this forum page and are going to look into what the issue may be. 

u know the servers they r having us test r in germany. is what cox is telling me

need servers to cali. 

I also live in Arizona and I am also having the same issues. Hmm, cant be us that the problem is on. try pinging 217.20.125.14 and tell us how much packet loss you get!!

That is the german server. 

Also in Arizona have Cox. 50mbs service. Most channels unplayable. Did find that Orwen, Valencia01 was the most stable for me. able to play most of day without any disconnects.. Live in Florence.  Cable service installer for year and a half.

BDOtrace.png

That is an IP address to a German Server

1 person likes this

Posted

I honestly can not belieave how badly these servers have been. This is unplayable. I haven't been able to play for almost 3 days due to never staying connected to the game. I have Cox internet in Las Vegas, NV. This is an amazing game and is a lot of fun to play, but when you are never connected to it you tend to stop playuing it and switch to a game that you can actually play.

So some advice before the game dies. Fix the damn servers so people can play.

Cox Vegas too, same issues.

Posted

time to change net service, game, or both. 

Posted

I'm a new player who just started poking around the game about two weeks ago.  And I thought this issue may have just been me, but my gut served me well when I kep experiencing classic server lag issues.  

Insane rubberbanding.

Disconnects.

Overall very nasty lag.

Therefore, the game seems unplayable.  Has it always been this way?   This is really bad.  I've been patient enough.

I am close to telling my bank that the service I paid for is not being delivered so I can force a refund.  Unless someone can shed some light.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

I guess it's worth mentioning that I also have Cox as a provider in AZ, and I am experiencing this issue.

Edited by Sym