• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Name Reservation Page

2,591 posts in this topic

Posted

1f37188b90.jpg

AHAHAHA

Mr president...

Posted

Auch... Very much....

;)

Strangely Abyss was banned, I wanted character name AbyssWalker for my ninja.

Posted

Despite sitting here for a long ass time, up to 2 hours in advanced for the name reservations, I was only able to get the family name I wanted and not my character name. So I'm pretty sad. It took up until 20mins ago before I could even access the page. In that 40mins, someone snagged the name I wanted.

Posted (edited)

I'm really glad that every name that I wanted was available when I tried it first. Then the page timed out when I clicked confirm! YAY! Then by the time the page FINALLY reloaded, after about a thousand refreshes, my family name wasn't available. So I try a different family name, ah yes, the second one that I wanted, good, lets confirm. OH WAIT IT TIMED OUT AGAIN! GOODIE!! Lets continue to refresh so I can try for my name again. OOHHHH OKAY THAT ONE GOT TAKEN WHILE I WAS IN REFRESHLAND TOO. OKAY THIRD NAME IS UP LETS GOOOOO!!! JAYKAY! After once again hitting confirm, POOF! Off to refresh oblivion until the screen comes back up. Oh nice, THAT NAME WAS TAKEN TOO. COOL. 38 minutes later, after about five thousand times that I got an error code or a server error, OR, this one I really love, the server telling me I didn't preorder the game, when I have the $100 package, thats great, I am FINALLY able to save a family name. Is it anything close to what I wanted? Absof*ckinlutely not. No, instead I get something that I probably could have gotten in a few weeks on release without paying extra money and supporting you guys early on. Then the name save portion. Oh goodie. Says my name is available. But is it really? five minutes of me clicking confirm says that would be a no. So lets check the next name. Again says available, Nope, it's not. Third, nope. Fourth? hahaha who am I kidding. Lets just save something that you never wanted and never will want because why should you get a name that you wanted after paying a hundred dollars? Silly people. 

Screenshots will be sent to tech support confirming that I had the names and was on the confirm page before your trashy servers locked me out and made me go into refresh hell. Numerous times. This is complete BS. You've known for months that you were going to have this event, you've known there was going to be thousands of people trying to snag their names, and you let your servers get completely screwed. Glad I paid the extra money early on so I could get absolutely nothing in return.

Thanks Daum!

OMG STFU you whiny little kid

Really? Absolutely nothing else in the $100 package and you got nothing in return?  And someone else who also paid for a package chose the name you wanted. How the Hell do you feel you have anything to cry about?

Edited by Webby
7 people like this

Posted

Char: Mythrandir

I still tried Gandalf but i didn't really expect to get it x) 

Posted (edited)

hmmm i'm losing my f5 spamming high now

Edited by Doctor Dumbo

Posted

;) 

Jedi.png

Posted

Gee, someone stole my original Family Name.

At least my sorceress name was available :D

hi.png

Posted

Anyone know if the names are tied to the account on CBT2 or is this just for the final game?

Posted

It didn't take long to get in so maybe it's getting better.  I got my "Stabitha" but couldn't come up with a family name.  Finally, just to get it over with, I decided to use the alphabet storybook.  A is for... hmm... Apple!  Fair enough.  Apple it is.  I will now name my other characters after various bits of fruit.  :)

Posted

Keep refreshing! 

Thank you.  Panicked for nothing

Posted (edited)

3f5.thumb.png.2e03d76a68561fecaa4b7eee11

alLOKy4.jpg

Edited by Gafwen
1 person likes this

Posted

THERE ISNT EVERYONE WHO PREORDERED THE GAME DOING THIS! STOP FKING SAYING ALL 250K WERE DOING THIS. NOT POSSIBLE! FK!

ok now thats done.. move along enlightened and realize they just didn't prepare in the slightest. thank you.

250k is an overstatement but a large influx of accesses will crash a page. a lot of the time it will crash an entire website so they are doing great handling this currently. So calm down and don't blame them for something they cant stop.

Posted

if you reset you name would both surname and first name will be gone? or can you choose which one to reset? i want to change my family name

it resets both names.

Posted

Ugh, I was online 4 hours before, made sure I was logged in... and it was still an absolute mess.  I managed to get my Family Name, but not the Character Name.  

Ugh... what a shameful display...

Shameful doesn't even begin to portray the amount of trash that was displayed here today. 

Posted

Oh my god the timing on these posts are perfect :D

I know right... I'm wicked pissed.

Posted

if you reset you name would both surname and first name will be gone? or can you choose which one to reset? i want to change my family name

It resets both. So if you have one that you like, you better get it quick again.

Posted (edited)

THERE ISNT EVERYONE WHO PREORDERED THE GAME DOING THIS! STOP FKING SAYING ALL 250K WERE DOING THIS. NOT POSSIBLE! FK!

ok now thats done.. move along enlightened and realize they just didn't prepare in the slightest. thank you.

Maybe there weren't 250k on the website, We don't know. But that doesn't change the fact that web traffic is hard to deal with. Even 50 - 100k of web traffic would be hard to sustain coming from someone who is into web development. ( Btw you dont have to go full caps...)

3f12a7bc14f7cbbb9d8b5a8daff117c2.png

Edited by Dynerus

Posted

Yay, got mine! :D

Posted

Got my mates name as his Internet is getting connected tomorrow, which is Dannyboy Toecutter(Family name) @ 6:03pm

and got my name @ 6:39pm

Familyname.png

Posted

I'm waiting for

Jack Sparrow

Sherlock Holmes

Tony Stark 

LOL

Posted

ss+(2016-02-09+at+01.13.31).jpg

OSSIM DOOD

Posted

;)

Strangely Abyss was banned, I wanted character name AbyssWalker for my ninja.

Look at the name of the dev studio: "PEARL ABYSS" guess they dont want people to fake admin names

Posted

so many weeaboo names to hunt down and pk untill they ragequit the game.

lel git guud scrublord