• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Name Reservation Page

2,591 posts in this topic

Posted

except they knew the amount of bandwidth needed... its called "preorder sales" and "projected estimated server influx" these are business terms. Learn them. 

Stop being salty, the average person most likely refreshed 1,000 times.

3 people like this

Posted

Got Maraya for my family name and Rinoa for my character name. :)

Posted

Seems like everything is slowly starting to die down. Even though you all might not have gotten the names you wanted im sure you all will make due with the backups or make new names now. Its good to get out of your comfort zones :v | Just remember that you all pre-ordered a pretty amazing game and no matter what it'll be worth on launch date.

be happy :U

6 people like this

Posted

Thats wrong. See let me explain something to you what happened was an accident DDOS which happens when a website is flooded with legit requests for assets, it's bandwidth will be overwhelmed and 'crash' the site. Now this could be stopped if you knew the amount of bandwidth needed to do so but would be a major wast of money unless that kind of thing was happening on the regular. So why don't you learn a little bit before you go hating on a company trying to do its best.

This is all basic information. Dont go around pretending your some tech savant you dip. This can be prevented and they cheaped out on bandwidth/servers. Expecting a company to make what they promised available to the masses is expected. Do they always fail...yes. Does it make it right? no? 

Posted

except they knew the amount of bandwidth needed... its called "preorder sales" and "projected estimated server influx" these are business terms. Learn them. 

You should learn what you are talking about before spouting stupidity. Oh wait, you have several other posts with the same level of ignorance, so... yah.

1 person likes this

Posted

What...have i done...?!

Name.png

Why hello fellow pone lover.  I feel we must team up and spread the degeneracy everywhere.

eyup.png

1 person likes this

Posted

My boyfriend is at work and asked me to just choose a name and reserve.... So I did this... Hope he will like it ?? lol

welll... Armstrong was taken so....I had to :S

image.jpeg

LOL ArmVeryStrong..

Posted

When they take one but not the other...

eEEg2jY.jpg
I don't even want this family name now but I'm stuck with it. Hurrah. Time to be xXLuka1337Xx.

not quite, you can reset and choose a new family and character name

Posted (edited)

After going through the same stressful login woes most did, I was able to get my chosen family/character name. After seeing the confirmation screen http://imgur.com/jR2lLKG, I was almost afraid to log out.  It would be comforting to see this information on our account page, but so far, there is no other indication of name reservation.

Edited by sophormoon

Posted (edited)

Not my first choice for the name - I got Hikari then wanted to change it to Ethereal on a whim - ended up loosing BOTH hahahha
I actually feel like Gleam was the right name after all for my Valkyrie!

NOTE: IF YOUR CONFIRM BUTTON DOES NOT WORK THE NAME IS TAKEN (I learned first-hand) - good luck everyone!

2016-02-10_9228368.PNG

BDO_nameres.PNG

my_reservation_haha.thumb.png.e5a64af83d

2016-01-20_23303962.JPG.0609ec26c71ab1f2

Gotta suck but hey you still managed to reserve right?

Edited by Sour Face

Posted

-snip-

My eye sight is going terrible. Thank you for pointing that out. <3

Posted

eEEg2jY.jpg
I don't even want this family name now but I'm stuck with it. Hurrah. Time to be xXLuka1337Xx.

Lol i was going for that name then i had a change of heart and went with Pantsu for family and Chocolate for a character name. xD

Posted

eEEg2jY.jpg

You are not stuck with it.  You can release your choices by resetting and start over with fresh choices.  It is at the bottom of the page.

Posted

it resets both names.

:( WTF, I just wanted to change my Family name... I thought I can choose which to reset. Now my character name I had is taken.

Posted

One Hour Later...

Name Reservation.jpg

Posted

Can't wait, see yall in game! Roll Tide!!!

image.png

Posted

You can reset it at the bottom of the page. 

5fd32c8db6df78be1048944a954a4e1b.png

Yea see...that's not showing up on my screen. All I have is this:
 aAq5rXU.png?1

Posted

Was gonna go with the first name "Vega" but it was gone already. Torvi it is!

BDONAME.png

Posted

Stop being salty, the average person most likely refreshed 1,000 times.

the average person refreshed a thousand times because Daum didn't take into consideration the amount of foot traffic that would hit right at 1pm. Because they didnt use those two "Business terms" 

Posted

I'm aware they new but as i also stated that would be a waste of money because it will not happen frequently you cant just boost your bandwidth for a few hours and be done with it. It would be a whole server upgrade. Learn tech.

1 person likes this

Posted

You are not stuck with it.  You can release your choices by resetting and start over with fresh choices.  It is at the bottom of the page.

Luka was already taken. I tried to do it like 10 minute ago when i did a reset

Posted

Got the name I wanted! B^)

enomia.thumb.png.88ccc681c67e62982b3c43a

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh no, I chose Ruger. Kaivon is just a name i have used for years and I wanted to change it up. Why? Do you like Kaivon?

yes xD i loved kaivon to bad.. it fits your war very wel.

Posted

i am waiting for Saitama now. :P SOMEONE WILL DEFINITELY USE IT, SOMEONE USE IT AND POST IT FOR ME.   

Posted

1. Barack Obama makes BDO account

2. He reserves his own RL name

3. DAUM takes the name away because he is trying to impersonate real person

*but, but.. it's me...*

It would still be against Terms of Service, even if it really was B.O.